Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Polka_Rapper posted:

Also I think someone in our goonstack recorded a clip of my elevator mat getting the final kill in a round but said it would be a while before they could get it to me.
It was actually already uploaded but I didn't know about it until two minutes ago. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7E-6OkilGI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lol that owns

also flynn is one if the chillest goons to play with look how rad that silencer is on vigil

Qubee
May 31, 2013

the guy laughing in the background is wholesome as gently caress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first of the year 3 characters is expected in March?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

I said come in! posted:

The first of the year 3 characters is expected in March?

Probably, with a mid season balance patch in between now and then.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
i wish there were a way to add respawns to custom matches or stop the level from resetting, the destruction engine is just so awesome that i'd love to see what a level looks like after 15 people have chewed their way through it

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

keyframe posted:

Speaking of balance, has Ubi mentioned whether they plan to do... well, literally anything for Tachanka?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Yes, they've mentioned that he's up for a rework this year.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hopefully this time they'll do the thing everyone's been saying since launch, which is making the LMG his weapon and his gadget a bipod. :v:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PefEusdWRBQ

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Hickuck45 is a gr8 name

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
It baffles me that the turret guy in Overwatch is more effective in his game, than the turret guy is in a much slower moving game like R6. It should be the other way around.

Would it help if Tachanka could spin 360 degrees?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
He'll be functionally the same but with a Montagne sized shield instead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

keyframe posted:

Cool! I am trying to decide if I really want to buy year 3 or not. By the time the first new operators role around I would think I would have enough credits earned from just playing normally to buy the operators for Year 3.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tachanka always has and always will be perfect.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Donnerberg posted:

It baffles me that the turret guy in Overwatch is more effective in his game, than the turret guy is in a much slower moving game like R6. It should be the other way around.

Difference is in level design, I think. Overwatch, you've got impenetrable walls, and opponents can only push from certain directions. Rainbow Six, floors can be breached, walls can be blown up, Tachanka can't just sit and camp cause it's way too easy for the attacking side to just make a kill hole and snipe him through it. Bastion is real easy and fast to just uproot and move, but Tachanka is slow as gently caress so if you put the turret in a spot that gets line of sight from the attackers, you pretty much gotta abandon it or die.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the problem with 360 spin is that it would severely limit placement options even further than it already is since they don't let him block pathways anymore

the bipod thing is a cool idea as it worked very well in red orchestra and day of defeat. RO owned because you could place your gun against trees and walls and stuff to stabilize it

all he really needs is better dps. his loadout needs to look more like fuze than kapkan's imo

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

I'd say it's more because the times to kill in Overwatch are generally somewhat longer (in part due to the greater mobility of everyone), and variances in damage output are much more significant. So if Bastion does like twice the damage compared to an opponent that makes a huge difference in the race to kill each other. But in R6 that's much less of a priority. Tachanka being able to kill in two hits is much less of a big deal when everyone can potentially kill in one headshot, and even with 3-4 bodyshots, times to kill are rather short thanks to high rates of fires available to many operators. That shifts the dynamic of the game more towards being the one who shoots first and most accurately, preferably at an enemy who isn't immediately ready to shoot back. And in that context, being locked into place, even just for a fairly short time, is a massive disadvantage.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Tachanka with a bipod and MG would be amazing. Going prone and holding hallways, then repositioning when it gets too hot and the jig is up cause attackers know where you are. Using a deployable shield as a mount for your MG as Doc pumps you full of his love serum and keeps you at 140hp whilst you mow the enemy down one by one.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
The meta is moving so much toward fast peek and tight angles that I'm not sure that automatic suppressive fire has a place anymore. Even if you spray a hallway, as long as you are static you run the risk of someone peeking (exposing just a few pixels) and headshoting you while giving you no time to reset recoil and aim him.
The shield doesn't help much as often people will be able to destroy it while you can't even see them due to perspective.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Of course, giving him a bipod would mean getting rid of all his current weapon skins and stuff and people would be mad and etc etc

the money, boy

Qubee
May 31, 2013

It makes me sad that the meta is trending towards fast peeking poo poo. I miss the days when it was slow and tactical, but now (even in group situations), it's pretty much the one strong player rushing in and peeking everyone to death. I dunno how they'd fix it, but I'd love a real large map and a longer timer to promote actually working as a group instead of rushing in and clearing up single handedly.

I really wish operation health fixed the absolute bogus situation whereby bullets originate from the reticle when you ADS. I genuinely think they should add a mechanic that means if you're pressed tight up against a wall, your gun is forcefully raised as there's literally no space for it. It'd prevent all these absolutely filthy angles that are nigh invisible to spot.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
ADSing and firing only for it to go into the railing that your gun is clearly above due to the fact your bullets are technically fired slightly below your barrel and/or an inability to shoot a 100% clean shot on someone you 100% see because your bullets go into the windowsill/your gun randomly jerks into the air is why I stopped playing Pubguh in the firstplace.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

PUBG is a janky piece of poo poo that doesn't do it very well. I'd hope that if R6 introduced this mechanic, they'd pull it off properly.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Stallion Cabana posted:

ADSing and firing only for it to go into the railing that your gun is clearly above due to the fact your bullets are technically fired slightly below your barrel and/or an inability to shoot a 100% clean shot on someone you 100% see because your bullets go into the windowsill/your gun randomly jerks into the air is why I stopped playing Pubguh in the firstplace.

Genuinely not sure whether or not that's worse than the way siege worked(still does?) where for client-sided hitreg the bullets came out of your sight, but out of the barrel to other players meaning firing over objects meant that you'd look like you were firing into the object instead and the people you were shooting at wouldn't get any indication of direction.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

lohli posted:

Genuinely not sure whether or not that's worse than the way siege worked(still does?) where for client-sided hitreg the bullets came out of your sight, but out of the barrel to other players meaning firing over objects meant that you'd look like you were firing into the object instead and the people you were shooting at wouldn't get any indication of direction.

Can't help but think of bomb defusal when defenders hide behind the bomb and shoot through 1mm of gap and you're not even aware you're being shot at, cause for you the bullets are technically being absorbed by the bomb, whereas for them, the bullets exit their reticle and smack into you. That's just the main way I see people abuse it, but it happens with any form of cover where people can fully conceal themselves but get their reticle between a gap to aim at you. Amount of times I've instantly died and killcam shows the defender squeezed right up to the window frame with just their ACOG peeking, and the bullets smack into the windowsill but magically hit me still.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tachanka should be the defense version of Montagne; unkillable from the front. Maybe lower the amount of he can turn by a bit. Go around him or blow him up.

Might be too OP.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Give Tachanka a rifle instead of a carbine.

lohli posted:

IIRC this got fixed last season.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

let him sprint through wooden walls like the juggernaut but if he walks over a hatch it breaks and every step he takes leaves killholes in the ground

also he can 1 shot the defuser

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Making bullets shoot out the gun bit doesn't really work because you aren't holding the weapon and thus can't really tell what it's poking against

It's adding a layer of 3D definition when your perspective never moves

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Q8ee posted:

Can't help but think of bomb defusal when defenders hide behind the bomb and shoot through 1mm of gap and you're not even aware you're being shot at, cause for you the bullets are technically being absorbed by the bomb, whereas for them, the bullets exit their reticle and smack into you. That's just the main way I see people abuse it, but it happens with any form of cover where people can fully conceal themselves but get their reticle between a gap to aim at you. Amount of times I've instantly died and killcam shows the defender squeezed right up to the window frame with just their ACOG peeking, and the bullets smack into the windowsill but magically hit me still.

Got fixed during the mid-seasons of OP health I think. Now bullets come from the eyes/scope. Pixel peeks are still a bitch but you'll always see exactly what the shooter is seeing wrt bullets, tracers, impacts on furniture and walls etc.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, I got the starter edition awhile ago but the grind is seriously stupid.

Am I hosed or can I upgrade this to a regular edition somehow?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I still believe tachanka should be the only op that can survive a shot to the head.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Deakul posted:

Nope. You can spend money on R6 Credits but the base game is on sale for $15 right now. Might be worth it just to buy that.

Starter Edition is very scummy, especially since you can't upgrade.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Deakul posted:

You can get it to the equivalent of the regular edition but it'll cost arm/leg to do so. Unless you've spent a tremendous amount of time unlocking poo poo I believe the cost to upgrade is equivalent to buying the R6 Siege Complete edition (Kinguin appears to be the cheapest place that carries it at $56.)

Complete edition has both S1/S2 season passes and all those operators unlocked.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

new operator has already leaked

goddamn finally a dual pistol waifu:
https://i.imgur.com/Z2cx92p.webm

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stm-chcWJBc

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thief posted:

new operator has already leaked

goddamn finally a dual pistol waifu:
https://i.imgur.com/Z2cx92p.webm

This is some pro tier Metal Gear Solid cosplay, but also would make a fantastic operator.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Q8ee posted:

It makes me sad that the meta is trending towards fast peeking poo poo. I miss the days when it was slow and tactical, but now (even in group situations), it's pretty much the one strong player rushing in and peeking everyone to death.

The meta hasn't changed, you've just ranked up to where you actually notice it. This is how the game's always been, my friends who play console have been complaining about how dominant the gunning-as-opposed-to-tactics is on PC since Black Ice.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Tachanka should be the defense version of Montagne; unkillable from the front. Maybe lower the amount of he can turn by a bit. Go around him or blow him up.

Might be too OP.

I agree with this, just make his shield totally bulletproof. There'll still be ways to counter it, and I think as long as he's an op you can routinely instantly headshot because he has to be stationary, he's never gonna work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
After some confirmed Good poo poo last night I'm tentatively willing to extend the official list of good multiplayer games from this:

1: Splatoon 2

to this:

1: Splatoon 2
2: Siege

• Locked thread