Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Holy poo poo he actually did a thing.

Holy poo poo he actually had a million dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
For a thread that hates all of the "both sides are the same" takes in the media, they sure love to break it out on their own as soon as a Democrat makes the vaguest talk about being bipartisan.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

BardoTheConsumer posted:

lol if you don't think that didn't come from the taxpayer's coffers

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Motto posted:

Posting about topics you want discussed is a more effective way of steering conversation than yet another post whining about what other people are talking about, hth

I would like to discuss the plausibility of trapping the GOP and especially its leadership in a simulation designed to their policy specifications in which they are not rich or members of congress.

Trump always gets two scoops, but cannot comprehend why he always wakes up every morning behind the wheel of a long haul Truck.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BonoMan posted:

lol if you don't think that didn't come from the taxpayer's coffers
I actually figured it'd come from the Foundation's coffers so it was a tax dodge to begin with and a tax dodge to end with

but still holy poo poo there was a million dollars to be donated somewhere

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BardoTheConsumer posted:

It is actually a loan from Putin.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

For a thread that hates all of the "both sides are the same" takes in the media, they sure love to break it out on their own as soon as a Democrat makes the vaguest talk about being bipartisan.

Yeah as much fun as it would be for Jones to replicate the Rick and Morty courtroom skit every time a Republican tries to talk, I'm not sure that's politically viable.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

The Phlegmatist posted:

The entire existence of the HFC is weird. Why are we electing representatives who think the purpose of government is to be violently burnt to the ground and erased?

Plenty of people in this thread would like democrats that never work with republicans, even on the 500+ bills a year that aren't particularly anything contentious.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

People become what they hate.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Never underestimate the value of a phone call and a slap to the back of the head.

https://twitter.com/RalphNortham/status/942448928250826755

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
When the mood gets dark in here, I imagine a future where I take my kids to the Smithsonian American History Museum and in some forgotten alcove near an original Sony Walkman is a small exhibit with Trump's Tweeting Phone, smeared with fecal matter.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Plenty of people in this thread would like democrats that never work with republicans, even on the 500+ bills a year that aren't particularly anything contentious.

While they also decry the excessive partisanship in Washington.

Working together is how it's supposed to work, and has worked for most of the last 200+ years.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i am harry posted:

eIGHT loving YEARS of Obama failing every single time at trying to bridge the gap, plus one year of the morally devoid in power, flagrantly not giving a poo poo about anyone, let alone any rule, or any understood agreement, AND YOU FUCKS STILL GOD drat WANT TO SHAKE THEIR loving HANDS

WHAT

IS

WRONG

WITH

YOU

Northam's clearly bought and paid for by the same rich pieces of poo poo who buy and sell republicans. I don't really see any other way to explain it, honestly. Virginia got suckered into thinking they were voting for a democrat; instead they voted for another stooge of the rich. Ohhhh well.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Never underestimate the value of a phone call and a slap to the back of the head.

https://twitter.com/RalphNortham/status/942448928250826755

Well he already hosed up his image with me, I won't believe it until I see it now. As far as I'm concerned he's just another centrist doing what the rich people say while pretending to be a democrat.

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 17, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

empty whippet box posted:

Northam's clearly bought and paid for by the same rich pieces of poo poo who buy and sell republicans. I don't really see any other way to explain it, honestly. Virginia got suckered into thinking they were voting for a democrat; instead they voted for another stooge of the rich. Ohhhh well.

Well he already hosed up his image with me, I won't believe it until I see it now. As far as I'm concerned he's just another centrist doing what the rich people say while pretending to be a democrat.

Give me a break

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

That's....not how e-mails work...

https://www.axios.com/new-trump-officials-demand-mueller-return-thousands-of-emails-2518147669.html

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Motto posted:

Posting about topics you want discussed is a more effective way of steering conversation than yet another post whining about what other people are talking about, hth

It actually tends to be pretty effective because if there is a stupid detail going on a bunch of other people who were silently waiting for it to end will jump in to agree. Then you post about the topic you want to discuss.

It's like a teacher trying to get a class to discuss a particular topic - you have to first break everyone out of their little private conversations or they will just ignore you.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Dammit Mueller I want to find HER E-mails, not mine!

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

i am harry posted:

eIGHT loving YEARS of Obama failing every single time at trying to bridge the gap, plus one year of the morally devoid in power, flagrantly not giving a poo poo about anyone, let alone any rule, or any understood agreement, AND YOU FUCKS STILL GOD drat WANT TO SHAKE THEIR loving HANDS

WHAT

IS

WRONG

WITH

YOU

they arent on this forum to learn how stupid that approach that is. In their information bubble hes doing the right thing for the country.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Noted forum shitposter puts VA Governor on notice. Film at 11. Are you related to mcmagic perchance?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I'm guessing they mean print outs so no one can leak (lmao sure jan) them and they can be destroyed.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Do it and keep a back up. Hey he did what he asked :shrug:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Deteriorata posted:

While they also decry the excessive partisanship in Washington.

If democrats aren't willing to vote the opposite of whatever republicans vote on "• A concurrent resolution authorizing the use of the Capitol Grounds for the District of Columbia Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run." then both sides are exactly the same.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rust Martialis posted:

Noted forum shitposter puts VA Governor on notice. Film at 11. Are you related to mcmagic perchance?

nobody gives a poo poo what you think either buddy, welcome to the club

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Please mail the emails

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
January 30 is the date for the 2018 State of the Union address. Is it too early to start guessing what will be in it?

I'm betting on "The state of our union is... Great!"

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
If republicans vote yes on "an act to strip an expiration date from a law allowing Washington, Oregon and California to make state laws on fishing in any Dungeness crab fishery not included under the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act." then democrats need to vote no or they have betrayed us.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OB_Juan posted:

January 30 is the date for the 2018 State of the Union address. Is it too early to start guessing what will be in it?

I'm betting on "The state of our union is... Great!"

Just a wild guess here, he's going to talk more about his election victory than any other individual topic.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Does a President technically need to do a state of the union address?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cactus Jack posted:

I'm really hoping the Democratic Party figures out again, like they knew from the 30s to the 70s, that people like getting entitlements that improve their lives. And with these entitlements, people will fight to keep them and will *gasp* show up to vote for the party that pushed the entitlements through.

You mean like they did after Obamacare, the single biggest new entitlement of the last half a century?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No. There's no Constitutional requirement that it be an actual speech, and up until modern times I believe past presidents would write a letter that would be read in Congress.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nope, all he technically has to do is send a letter to Congress regarding the state of the union. The speech is just a really old tradition. There's no way Trump isn't giving the speech, though. He'd never pass up a chance to be on every channel in prime time.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Just a wild guess here, he's going to talk more about his election victory than any other individual topic.

He's gonna try and neg the whole country.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

incoming State of the Union tweet thread holy poo poo

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Constitutionally he has to make a report to the Congress on the state of the union, but it was often a written report in the past.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

quote:

The President “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.” Article II, Section 3, Clause 1.

Its only tradition to do it yearly and have the president read it out as a speech. Historically it was often a letter delivered to Congress.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The only thing Trump loves more than attention and golfing is giving speeches. And the SOTU is one of the speeches he makes that most of the networks are practically required to televise. Of course he'll do it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Trump drinks several diet cokes throughout the course of his SotU.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm sure most people in congress would prefer the president just takes a hard pass this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

ketchup vs catsup posted:

incoming State of the Union tweet thread holy poo poo

Sesame Street is brought to you by the hashtags #SAD and #GroverIsAJedi

• Locked thread