Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Biodome posted:

They operate in super limited conditions and the human drivers have to take over every time. Not exactly what they mean when they say self driving cars are here.

In Boston you can hail an autonomous car via Lyft right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Self driving cars as in cars which can operate without human input in certain conditions are here, but I feel like we're still a good way off cars without a steering wheel or accelerator rolling off production lines en masse

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Seth's Cajun voice is one of the most consistent rly hilarious bits on the show for me. I could listen to that all day

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Riptor posted:

In Boston you can hail an autonomous car via Lyft right now

Whaaat since when?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Whaaat since when?

Since December 6th. There are five of them and they all have an engineer behind the wheel in case anything goes wrong and another one monitoring each vehicle remotely

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
It went off a little.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

:siren: 619 :siren: has a Blacklist segment and it loving delivers. Lost my poo poo at "an intense street drug known only as 'Power.'"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The one script that I always go back to when I think of that segment is the one in 2014(?) that was "young NFL superstar gets paired with a Make-A-Wish kid whose wish is to get laid". I 100% believe that with the right team and touch, you could turn that into a good movie, or at least one that I would go see.

Like, model the NFL player against Gronk from a few years ago and he has to do the Make-A-Wish thing as punishment for dirty play, or he gets injured or something. Then make the kid a little too old to be working with the Make-A-Wish foundation (like 16 or 17) and he kind of resents the whole thing at first and resents his parents for insisting that he do it. Then at the end when the kid gets laid and dies the NFL guy learns a valuable life lesson and leaves the league to volunteer with kids and poo poo. It's not that hard Hollywood!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Seth knowing multiple separate people attending a mass unclaimed burial is incredible.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

C-Euro posted:

The one script that I always go back to when I think of that segment is the one in 2014(?) that was "young NFL superstar gets paired with a Make-A-Wish kid whose wish is to get laid". I 100% believe that with the right team and touch, you could turn that into a good movie, or at least one that I would go see.

Like, model the NFL player against Gronk from a few years ago and he has to do the Make-A-Wish thing as punishment for dirty play, or he gets injured or something. Then make the kid a little too old to be working with the Make-A-Wish foundation (like 16 or 17) and he kind of resents the whole thing at first and resents his parents for insisting that he do it. Then at the end when the kid gets laid and dies the NFL guy learns a valuable life lesson and leaves the league to volunteer with kids and poo poo. It's not that hard Hollywood!

They should call that movie "The Wingman".

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

What episode has the story about the guy with panties on his head harassing workers at a drive-through and getting boiling water chucked over him? I broke my elbow this morning and I need to hear Seth quoting the guy saying 'Oh yeah' to help my recovery.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

C-Euro posted:

This was already (sort of) a movie. Full disclosure: I haven’t seen it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452660/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

jackhunter64 posted:

What episode has the story about the guy with panties on his head harassing workers at a drive-through and getting boiling water chucked over him? I broke my elbow this morning and I need to hear Seth quoting the guy saying 'Oh yeah' to help my recovery.

129, as part of "Who Brings Their 'A' Game?" at the top of the show.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

JethroMcB posted:

129, as part of "Who Brings Their 'A' Game?" at the top of the show.

Beautiful. Oh, yeeeaahhh!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

What was the deal in the last episode with the "Santa knows where the bad girls live" Christmas Card? Was it sent in by a fan or something?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Gotta melt this heart to get to this dick. UYD.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
They've been emailing a bunch of Sethros headshots to patreon donators and they are so so good.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 17, 2017

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

mcvey posted:

They've been emailing a bunch of Sethros headshots to patreon donators and they are so so good.

Holy gently caress, that's incredible

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Seth would've been a perfect sitcom neighbor, poo poo

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

CortezFantastic posted:

Seth would've been a perfect sitcom neighbor, poo poo

Young Seth

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

seth's breakdown of christian rock is so good

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Astrochicken posted:

seth's breakdown of christian rock is so good

I don't understand how seth is so good at making fun of stuff. Just him reading out lovely film premises in a stupid voice still makes me laugh after all these years. Even though he has done it hundreds of times.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jippa posted:

I don't understand how seth is so good at making fun of stuff. Just him reading out lovely film premises in a stupid voice still makes me laugh after all these years. Even though he has done it hundreds of times.

"A group of young couples attend a baby shower for a close friend when all of a sudden it becomes a different kind of shower...*hyper nerdy voice* Meteor Shower"

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Jippa posted:

The billabong merger had me in tears.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
LSD, weed and Budweiser.

620 is great.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Some excellent robot voice in 621

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
It's not Christmas until I hear Seth talking about the Captain Tom Bristol float.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Some excellent robot voice in 621

‘Jonathan. You always order the best pizzas’.

Does anyone have a guesstimate as to when ‘Things Dudes Say Whilst Boning Down’ was popping off? Or the episode where Seth talks about being a cop? EVERYBODY. SHUT. THE gently caress. UP.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

#95, I think this is the first Andy Rooney: "It's my observation that people are carrying more stuff than they used to ... Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but I don't think the funny papers are very funny anymore."

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

#95, I think this is the first Andy Rooney: "It's my observation that people are carrying more stuff than they used to ... Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but I don't think the funny papers are very funny anymore."

Lmao the funny papers one always kills me. "Hey Andy" is absolutely my favorite youtube UYD clip compilation . Seth's Neil Hamburger voice he uses for Andy is perfect

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Jonathon is the cutest 8 year old boy ever

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Jesus, smash my faa-aace

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Woah. I assumed that the boys, like most podcasts, would take a whole month off but I’ve got like 6 unplayed episodes.

Sweet.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Love that the patreon money is going to Jah sitting around playing videogames for pretty much all of his waking hours

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

bollig posted:

Love that the patreon money is going to Jah sitting around playing videogames for pretty much all of his waking hours

If anyone deserves to, it's Jah

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Nap time, jew

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just started 623 and I have never wanted Jah to talk about anything more on this show than I want him to talk about his experiences playing Breath of the Wild.

Better yet Jah go on Idle Thumbs.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
I Wanna gently caress My Mom 6: Still Wanna gently caress Her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
To quote Peter Saarsgaard:
"Blood is thicker than cum! Get a job!"