Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ariong posted:

You are all very grumpy. Seriously? The audience cheered too much?

If you'll read the original post describing it, it mentioned that they only scream at references but don't react to anything that's actually new or funny, which is a valid criticism of pretty much every fandom ever created. Some people just want to show their reference cred and it gets annoying for others trying to appreciate the show. That's not that weird, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's the live podcast version of the audience losing their minds at Kramer walking through the door for 5 minutes

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

sticklefifer posted:

If you'll read the original post describing it, it mentioned that they only scream at references but don't react to anything that's actually new or funny, which is a valid criticism of pretty much every fandom ever created. Some people just want to show their reference cred and it gets annoying for others trying to appreciate the show. That's not that weird, dude.

You’re right, I was arguing in bad faith. However, I maintain that it is really really not that big a deal.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Alaois posted:

it's the live podcast version of the audience losing their minds at Kramer walking through the door for 5 minutes

When real life Angus MacDonald walks on the stage, the audience is going to lose their poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

When real life Angus MacDonald walks on the stage, the audience is going to lose their poo poo

I do have to admit, when I listened to the I Don't Even Own A Television episode on Left Behind, it was a bit of a mindfuck to listen to real-rear end Leeman Kessler.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Whenever I listen to live TAZ shows I imagine the audience to be the exact same people as any given crowd shot in Beatles footage, stamping around, shrieking and crying in literal hysterics. I don’t think I’ve loved anything in my life as mich as TAZ audiences love live TAZ shows. Even the best concerts I’ve seen in my life, the crowds weren’t as rowdy.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 17, 2017

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

You know, I think I'm starting to prefer overenthusiastic people in their teens and 20s who like a tabletop gaming podcast that gets the rules wrong over bitter dudes in their 30s groaning about people who are more happy than them and being rules lawyers.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Mikedawson posted:

You know, I think I'm starting to prefer overenthusiastic people in their teens and 20s who like a tabletop gaming podcast that gets the rules wrong over bitter dudes in their 30s groaning about people who are more happy than them and being rules lawyers.
:hai:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

as long as the fans aren't so enthusiastic they're doing poo poo like crediting the mcelroys with inventing dabbing, it's fine

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's weird to me, because the bros have out and said "Jesus, all the poo poo we did in that episode was dated by the time it aired"

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

That's weird to me, because the bros have out and said "Jesus, all the poo poo we did in that episode was dated by the time it aired"

Wasn't that because they missed the huge fidget spinner fad by a month or so? If they just had a single spinning spinner, it wouldn't have been outdated until fall this year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah pretty much.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i want the boys to do a live show in the uk so that they are forced to deal with a much more muted audience reaction

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i want the boys to do a live show in the uk so that they are forced to deal with a much more muted audience reaction

If you want muted audiences you should try NZ.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
as the perpetrator of the dreaded, illegal post about the audience being bad, I was at the Austin live show, and it was not that insufferable because the reveals of the character came from twists about how they're represented in the dream world, like ripped jock Angus. I also think Griffin has gotten out of control with the music cues, so that combined with the crowd made me shut the show off pretty quickly. i am sorry for what i have done to this thread.

i will not apologize to the people of nashville, though. they know what they did.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

If they come to the UK I will be there

and I will be horny for that one

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

When I was in line for the DC show, a group of college guys walked by and yelled "Have fun paying to watch a podcast, idiots" and no one had a comeback for it. Everyone just stood there quietly until they walked away, then went back to being rowdy.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Firstscion posted:

If you want muted audiences you should try NZ.

They could do a double show with John Cleese.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Deeters posted:

When I was in line for the DC show, a group of college guys walked by and yelled "Have fun paying to watch a podcast, idiots" and no one had a comeback for it. Everyone just stood there quietly until they walked away, then went back to being rowdy.

making GBS threads on someone for going to see a live show is kinda hilarious and I'm gonna start doing it when I walk past the theatre, or gig venues.

"Have fun paying to watch La Boheme, idiots"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Are you sure you weren't visited in-person by the "Idiot, can't make his own pancakes, how pathetic" guy?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
People can be grumpy, people can be happy, and criticizing either is really dumb.

I, for one, admit to being really dumb.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Deeters posted:

Have fun paying to post about paying to watch a podcast, idiots.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Mikedawson posted:

excuse you I'm a bitter dude in my 20s

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I may have missed it if anyone posted it, but does anyone have the full 45 minute audio file of Paul Stanley's crowd work?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

I may have missed it if anyone posted it, but does anyone have the full 45 minute audio file of Paul Stanley's crowd work?

STICKLEFIFER!

LISTEN!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

sticklefifer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1-cH1voT8w

Absolutely worth your time.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Who here likes the taste of ALCOHOL???!!!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/942613626225033216 important thread

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
You know, for all my complaints about how the end of the Balance arc of The Adventure Zone was super videogamey, it took me way too long to realize the ultimate antagonists were literally just The Taken from Destiny.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/942623037924372480?s=17

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Griffin confirms he is NOT forgiving any freakazoids or creepazoids.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TORONTO!

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/942828168410517504

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I'm starting to worry about the state of Justin's bladder

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I've enjoyed the mbmbam live shows much more since I started turning off as soon as the audience questions start.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Tears In A Vial posted:

I've enjoyed the mbmbam live shows much more since I started turning off as soon as the audience questions start.

What an edgy, cool, original comment my friend, I'm glad to know you don't like people having fun. Please tell me more about being a wet blanket i.e. do you refresh the bummer juice every once in a while and what's your policy re: tumblr dry

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

this way the people at the podcast get to have fun asking their terrible questions and i get to have fun by listening to the good bits of the podcast and turning off before it gets awful.

your way has them having fun and me not having fun

my way has more people having fun, so in reality, which of the two of us is the bummer? (it's you)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Tears In A Vial posted:

this way the people at the podcast get to have fun asking their terrible questions and i get to have fun by listening to the good bits of the podcast and turning off before it gets awful.

my way has more people having fun, so in reality, which of the two of us is the bummer? (it's you)

You’re listening wrong!!!

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Tears In A Vial posted:

My friend, if you don't like it, don't listen. Chase your bliss.

Just shut the gently caress up about it

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Judge Schnoopy posted:

My friend, if you don't like it, don't listen. Chase your bliss.

Just shut the gently caress up about it

which question asker were you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Please don't feed the boring, obvious troll