Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Lightning Knight posted:

In a special election. The next election will actually be in a presidential election year and Jones will have the incumbency advantage.

If you want to start winning in the south, we need to treat the possibility of winning as something serious and within reach. I think Jones can win if he does the right thing and respects his base. If he pursues that unionization plan and works to help black people in Alabama, I think he has a chance.

It’s not like Trump is going to be any more popular in 2020 than he is now.

If the gerrymandering case in the supreme court goes in a sane way, all bets are off. Chaos reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/RalphNortham/status/942448928250826755?s=17

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Gibbs slap delivered. Carry on, thread.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

GlyphGryph posted:

What if the Republicans run another pedophile?

Maybe the Democrats need to run a pedophile on their own?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This is amusing to watch in real time and at the same time troubling to see how completely empty suit Northram is.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Your Boy Fancy posted:

That second sentence about ‘smart choices’ raises something of a red flag, however. Not necessarily a 1:1 to something like a work requirement, but not necessarily benign either.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Democrazy posted:

What kills me is that it used to be that Dems got elected in purple or red states based on what were called social contract issues. Strong on Social Security, strong on Medicare, strong on the Ag Bill and infrastructure. Social issues, that wasy another story, but you knew where they stood on those social contract issues.

We’d win a lot more if we went back to that.

Those Dem voters are the exact same ones that quit supporting all that stuff the moment the social contract stopped being whites-only. They are who the Southern Strategy was all about. Even by 30 years ago they were all about how the welfare queens ruined it for everyone.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Killer robot posted:

Those Dem voters are the exact same ones that quit supporting all that stuff the moment the social contract stopped being whites-only. They are who the Southern Strategy was all about. Even by 30 years ago they were all about how the welfare queens ruined it for everyone.

We don't need Reagan Racists in the party, we have a majority without them as long as their votes aren't surpressed.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

You know I was going to put "Has already done so?" at the end of my post but I decided to be generous. Once again I am the sucker. The Dems Are A Waste.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

C. Everett Koop posted:

You know I was going to put "Has already done so?" at the end of my post but I decided to be generous. Once again I am the sucker. The Dems Are A Waste.

Log out of twitter.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

skin in the game for medicaid

don’t want lazy poors getting healthcare after all

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

C. Everett Koop posted:

Try reading the article and seeing what he's talking about instead of just seeing the headline and freaking out.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

Try reading the article and seeing what he's talking about instead of just seeing the headline and freaking out.

poorly timed posts for 500, alex

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

RuanGacho posted:

We don't need Reagan Racists in the party, we have a majority without them as long as their votes aren't surpressed.

On the national level, yes. Just there isn't a silent majority of leftists in Alabama and WV, and probably wouldn't be any more even if someone went back to try to resurrect "The New Deal, but twice as whites-only."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RuanGacho posted:

If the gerrymandering case in the supreme court goes in a sane way, all bets are off. Chaos reigns.

I agree but that wouldn't help Doug Jones, since gerrymandering doesn't affect Senate seats insofar as I'm aware.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

:golfclap:

Office Pig posted:

That second sentence about ‘smart choices’ raises something of a red flag, however. Not necessarily a 1:1 to something like a work requirement, but not necessarily benign either.

It says smart policy choices, not smart choices.

Northam is still dumb though and I hope the labor people on his transition teams protect him from all his worst impulses.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Condiv posted:

Basically, this is how we lose.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Condiv posted:

Whoa where the hell is this from?

Northam! :argh:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ardennes posted:

Basically, this is how we have been losing for a decade straight

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
You realize he followed up with this, right?

Northam might require some careful watching, but all politicians do. Don't just get angry on dead comedy forums. Bug him and bug your political contacts and legislators.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I swear assholes using the phrase "skin in the game" loving never have any.

I can't afford my medicine and I don't want to hurt myself or be in loving horrendous nerve pain for hours on end. I need more"skin the game"? Get hosed.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

give northam a chance maybe he'll be able to reach across the aisle and find the that low-cost user-friendly medicaid compromise virginia so desperately needs

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/942406664061407232

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

its high time we get virginians invested in their own health and well-being. too many free riders. people are lifting with their backs instead of their legs because they assume medicaid will cover their inevitable crippling pain. this needs to stop

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Jesus gently caress guys, PRESS YOUR ADVANTAGE, NEXT YEARS VOTERS ARE LOOKING AT YOU

gently caress

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

:hai:

Please remember that the pedo guy would have still been worse but yes we all need to keep the pressure on these dorks.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Potato Salad posted:

Jesus gently caress guys, PRESS YOUR ADVANTAGE, NEXT YEARS VOTERS ARE LOOKING AT YOU

gently caress

They’re not.

People need to remember that people actually don’t notice anything like the lives of themselves or their friends are at stake, and today’s report and response makes it something junkies like us care about.

Nobody gave a gently caress about the leaflets either.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Wonk young Dem goes to Congress, gets pumped with massive shot of brain worms, doesn't feel good and changes - BIPARTISANSHIP. Many such cases!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Your Boy Fancy posted:

They’re not.

People need to remember that people actually don’t notice anything like the lives of themselves or their friends are at stake, and today’s report and response makes it something junkies like us care about.

Nah people are paying attention now more than ever

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

"CNN Article posted:

A power outage at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the world's busiest airport, is leaving thousands of passengers stranded and planes grounded.
Georgia Power has confirmed they have crews in the field working to determine the cause of the problem.

I love Infrastructure Week :allears:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Your Boy Fancy posted:

They’re not.

Yeah people don't notice when their lives are at stake and the guy you helped get elected is talking about whether they have skin in the game. You loving rear end in a top hat.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

They’re not.

What did YOU do to get people to throw Minorities under the bus

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Brony Car posted:

You realize he followed up with this, right?

Northam might require some careful watching, but all politicians do. Don't just get angry on dead comedy forums. Bug him and bug your political contacts and legislators.

Nah, it's much easier to bitch and buy the guy who actually walked the walk a BRCT. That's much more productive.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Kilroy posted:

Yeah people don't notice when their lives are at stake and the guy you helped get elected is talking about whether they have skin in the game. You loving rear end in a top hat.

Nobody gave a gently caress about the leaflets, nobody gives a gently caress about this. Article was written, statement was made in response. You made your conclusions, and I made mine. Nobody who isn't Extremely Online is going to hear about this; if it's on the front page of WaPo tomorrow, I'll be shocked. Actually, let me go look at the website - oh look, it's not even halfway down a scroll.

Remember how you told me I drove people away from a cause? Guess what. You create more "centrists" every day, because nobody listens to people screaming about guillotines over stories that don't exist.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Nobody gave a gently caress about the leaflets, nobody gives a gently caress about this. Article was written, statement was made in response. You made your conclusions, and I made mine. Nobody who isn't Extremely Online is going to hear about this; if it's on the front page of WaPo tomorrow, I'll be shocked. Actually, let me go look at the website - oh look, it's not even halfway down a scroll.

Remember how you told me I drove people away from a cause? Guess what. You create more "centrists" every day, because nobody listens to people screaming about guillotines over stories that don't exist.
"only extremely online people care about their healthcare" - a good dem

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Northram is an empty suit and like any good leftists we must use black magic with constant focus to make sure the automaton puts the trash in the bin outside instead of on top of the cat sleeping on the living room couch.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Please restrict discussion to news that makes the top half of the wapo website, or the mods and I will be forced to take action.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Wonk young Dem goes to Congress, gets pumped with massive shot of brain worms, doesn't feel good and changes - BIPARTISANSHIP. Many such cases!

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

What is wrong with you, holy guacamole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Even if most people don't read up on precisely what Northam is saying right now, they're going to notice when their healthcare is still a shambles in a year. And maybe they'll blame it on the GOP! But it's still a dumb strategy considering there is zero downside to hammering the GOP over this. Northam is a waste and anyone defending him over this is just pathetic and sad.

• Locked thread