Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Sekenr posted:

Look it up on tswdb. All of it is at the same locations as whenever the last Krampusnacht was. Also loretracker need to be updated by its creator to include new lore.

I wasn't sure if they'd moved things around like they did with Whispering Tide and last I looked at TSWDB, they had a notice up of they weren't going to be updating until maybe 2018 and they see proof of new content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Its there, I got them.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Sekenr posted:

Its there, I got them.

I know this event I won't be hitting all the achievements especially with not even hitting City of the Sun God yet, but I do want to try to ding as much as possible.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
http://legacy.tswdb.com/lore/seasonal-lore/krampusnacht

Still valid.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

New zone tease. Also, supposedly they've hired the original writer back for the story content.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ossipago posted:

New zone tease. Also, supposedly they've hired the original writer back for the story content.

Well shiiiit

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'll believe it when I see the patch notes.

And the follow-up notes fixing a massive exploit that went ignored because gently caress qc

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Ossipago posted:

Well this looks awful :D

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

What a strange thing to show as a first look. It's like they tried to take the least interesting screenshot possible.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Yeah, its like look at us hard at work building this plain construction site out of assets that you've seen dozens of times.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Look man it's hard to brainstorm new content and new mystery box items when there's only three people working on the game and one of them is an intern.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Len posted:

Look man it's hard to brainstorm new content and new mystery box items when there's only three people working on the game and one of them is an intern.

False.

Although that was really close to the situation back when I worked on Fallen Earth in its last days. We were trying to make content with literally 5 employees and an intern lol

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

False.

Although that was really close to the situation back when I worked on Fallen Earth in its last days. We were trying to make content with literally 5 employees and an intern lol

Did they let you bring on more interns?!

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Ossipago posted:

Can't wait to go their to kill 10 mobs, gather up something highlighted in yellow, kill a big dude and leave.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

TracerM17 posted:

Can't wait to go their to kill 10 mobs, gather up something highlighted in yellow, kill a big dude and leave.

Hey you don't know it might be avoid 10 dudes with instant death attacks, press a button to turn off security, kill a big dude and leave.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Len posted:

Hey you don't know it might be avoid 10 dudes with instant death attacks, press a button to turn off security, kill a big dude and leave.

That's true.Thanks, now I'm super pumped for desert shanty town!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

It could be a big dudette. I'm guessing we're tracking down Cassie and Excalibur.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I want my Congo zone with Filth infected T-Rexes and poo poo like we were promised. There is a deep well down there and it certainly helped the Morninglight.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Ossipago posted:

Looks like that's out by me, so the new zone's New Mexico?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

False.

Now that the last dev livestream (without any devs present) have firmly established that Andy is a cringe-inducing giggling buffoon and utterly unwatchable maybe they'll allow you to share some info on where this game is going?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ossipago posted:

Hmm. Looks a lot like a prison in the background.

That rings a bell. Kind of expected it to look more mystical for some reason, assuming its what I'm thinking of.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

M_Sinistrari posted:

Looks like that's out by me, so the new zone's New Mexico?

with filth laced meth, black ice.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

TracerM17 posted:

with filth laced meth, black ice.

As long as the Frontier's sweet rolls are still untainted, we got this.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Sekenr posted:

Now that the last dev livestream (without any devs present) have firmly established that Andy is a cringe-inducing giggling buffoon and utterly unwatchable maybe they'll allow you to share some info on where this game is going?

You're basically not going to get announcements from me, information flow is above my paygrade and I enjoy not being fired.

We're working on the first part of Season 2 and the Agent System and that's more or less all I can say.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

You're basically not going to get announcements from me, information flow is above my paygrade and I enjoy not being fired.

We're working on the first part of Season 2 and the Agent System and that's more or less all I can say.

Well, goonspeed and program something awesome in there.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Is this game still fun?

Is it worth having patron//tracking down a grandmaster account?

Mr. Ex
Apr 21, 2013

Deviant posted:

Is this game still fun?

Is it worth having patron//tracking down a grandmaster account?
Yes, but it's missing a good bit of content (for me PvP) until they patch it back in next year.

Yes, definitely. If you can buy one for cheap off of somebody, do it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is the 64 bit client out yet? Or does that still have a big ol SOON stamped over it?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Mr. Ex posted:

Yes, but it's missing a good bit of content (for me PvP) until they patch it back in next year.

Yes, definitely. If you can buy one for cheap off of somebody, do it.

wtb lifetime/grandmaster acct pst

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Something is supposed to happen in 1 hour? My uncle works in Funcom and he says all this time they were working on the AEGIS system. Its not Agents system, intern misheard it, sorry!

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Status check: Legends still bad, yes/no?

Still holding onto the classic Secret World client, waiting for the inevitable funcom Anarchy-Secret-Conan MMO

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
I enjoyed it for what it is: a rebooted Secret World with a different combat system. Played the game for months, only unsubbing in December due to going on vacation. Once something new is added, be it story missions, Dark Agartha, or Agent system, I'll check back in.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Short video previewing the agent system: https://www.facebook.com/secretworldlgds/videos/10156249652931941/

I hope it's a venue for the writer they re-hired to do some micro stories. That'd be cool...to have on the side while playing new story content. Which we still haven't had any updates on.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Ossipago posted:

Short video previewing the agent system: https://www.facebook.com/secretworldlgds/videos/10156249652931941/

I hope it's a venue for the writer they re-hired to do some micro stories. That'd be cool...to have on the side while playing new story content. Which we still haven't had any updates on.

It's a-comin'.

The office has been working on two things: agent system and the new zone. Both are actually coming soon(tm)

And not even, like, Funcom soon.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

It's a-comin'.

The office has been working on two things: agent system and the new zone. Both are actually coming soon(tm)

Blizzard soon?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

It's a-comin'.

I'll believe it when the first emergency 15 minute hot fix gets extended two hours.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Len posted:

I'll believe it when the first emergency 15 minute hot fix gets extended two hours.

Hey I have apologized for that.

(The downtime during the first week was mostly my fault, caused by putting one function inside a loop instead of outside) :(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

Hey I have apologized for that.

(The downtime during the first week was mostly my fault, caused by putting one function inside a loop instead of outside) :(

Man it's happened so many times during the life of this game you don't know which case in particular I'm even referring to :colbert:

As long as you guys don't manage to recreate the issue 6 bug of breaking the game entirely you're still doing better than the last game.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Len posted:

Man it's happened so many times during the life of this game you don't know which case in particular I'm even referring to :colbert:

As long as you guys don't manage to recreate the issue 6 bug of breaking the game entirely you're still doing better than the last game.

Hoo...ray?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Take the quasi compliment, if it makes you feel better y'all really are.