Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

lohli posted:

The only time you're going to be in awe at comically slow projectiles is when trying to hit players at the edge of the render distance with a VSS.

It's super slow, but it's because it's supposed to be a subsonic speed, which is around 343m/s according to wikipedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

lohli posted:

100m/s is a huge exaggeration of how slow the bullets are.

AKM 715m/s
K98 760m/s
SCAR 870m/s

The only time you're going to be in awe at comically slow projectiles is when trying to hit players at the edge of the render distance with a VSS.

You can actually see the rounds slowly flying even when shooting pretty close to you, a few hundred meters. If the bullet speed was nearly 1km/s you wouldn't even have time to see it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I swear there's no tracers on the test server anymore for sniper rifles so it's a big :shrug: when you are trying to hit with irons.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So I'm learning that the default key bindings are absolute *garbage* and to get anywhere in this game you pretty much need to totally rebind everything.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

riiiiight

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Party Plane Jones posted:

I swear there's no tracers on the test server anymore for sniper rifles so it's a big :shrug: when you are trying to hit with irons.

They’re still there. Harder to see since the new map is mostly yellow but I was lobbing shots at a dude yesterday.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Would someone be willing to explain the changes to ADS on test?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
a few pages back I was complaining a lot about hackers on OC. Just to close off that story in a neat little bow: it's been 4 days, we've played probably at least 20 first person matches, we've had maybe one guy that was suss.

Also the people playing FPP are way better at the game. Some stories have a happy ending!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

daslog posted:

Would someone be willing to explain the changes to ADS on test?

you enable it on the gameplay tab of the settings menu, but you also have to assign a key specifically to ADS. What sucks is you can't just reverse hip/ads hold/toggle as it is now, so if you want hold to ADS you have to find a key to hip fire with separately.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Slim Mat posted:

Way back in the late 400s or early 500s of this thread someone requested a video. A magnificent video. That video has been made. You are welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMXaistORJE

I had a lot of fun making this one.

Well done, an enjoyable watch :thumbsup:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Ihmemies posted:

You can actually see the rounds slowly flying even when shooting pretty close to you, a few hundred meters. If the bullet speed was nearly 1km/s you wouldn't even have time to see it.

A) that's muzzle velocity, they slow as they travel.

B) A fraction of a second is actually much longer then you think, you can see tracers in real life at those distances.

I do think they seem to have exaggerated the drag effect a bit.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I have always put my main rifle in single shot but watching killcams it seems a lot of people use them jn auto even with a 4x/8x. Have i been... wrong this whole time?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

So...

Why may I use the 8x and 15x on the M416, SCAR and AK-47 but not the M16?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Tab8715 posted:

So...

It doesn’t have a picatinny rail.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cosmicjim posted:

I saw a steam ad for a f2p game called Warface (what a terrible name) that now has a battle royale mode. Has anyone tried it? I see some reviews saying the game in general is sort of pay to win. Anyone tried it? If to win means 30$ or less and it's good, I might can deal with that, unless the paytowin loot is random.

I'm downloading that game right now actually. I'll report back.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

On test you can't skydive straight down or go faster than 200 km/h in first person mode.

It works like normal in third person.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Tab8715 posted:

So...

Presumably there was too much overlap in performance between it and the mini.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

It doesn’t have a picatinny rail.

So you also shouldn’t be able to fit the 4x, 2x, holo, or red dot.

It’s because Bluehole got pissed off that everyone had realized the M16 was a better sniper rifle than the SKS.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

variety is good

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Peewi posted:

On test you can't skydive straight down or go faster than 200 km/h in first person mode.

It works like normal in third person.

Ahhhh, and here I was thinking that it was some design change they made. I was adding additional horizontal distance before I started going looking down as much as I could, and I would spin around a bit to try and stay over a particular spot before the chute deployment.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cosmicjim posted:

I saw a steam ad for a f2p game called Warface (what a terrible name) that now has a battle royale mode. Has anyone tried it? I see some reviews saying the game in general is sort of pay to win. Anyone tried it? If to win means 30$ or less and it's good, I might can deal with that, unless the paytowin loot is random.

Played a few matches.

- 15 player BR
- Light paid elements in BR, I think you can get character upgrades but you're not spawning with guns or anything
- Map feels more built for combat than PUBG, even though it's small. No giant fields to roam through trying to find the next arena
- First person is less clunky

Overall it's really weird. It's not great, but at $0 it's a neat take. I took first on my second game, I didn't find a weapon until 8 players were left then just went on a spree. Players are really bad, too.

If you ask me, you should play PUBG or Fortnite.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 18, 2017

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Agoat posted:

Played a few matches.

- 15 player BR
- Light paid elements in BR, I think you can get character upgrades but you're not spawning with guns or anything
- Map feels more built for combat than PUBG, even though it's small. No giant fields to roam through trying to find the next arena
- First person is less clunky

Overall it's really weird. It's not great, but at $0 it's a neat take. I took first on my second game, I didn't find a weapon until 8 players were left then just went on a spree. Players are really bad, too.

Do you know if you can make custom matches?To do a 15 player BR out of people you know?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cosmicjim posted:

Do you know if you can make custom matches?To do a 15 player BR out of people you know?

I don't see a custom game option. If it had one this would be a real fun game to play.

It's really easy to win in this mode. Also ammo is outright scarce. It's really weird but I'm having a decent time since it runs well enough.

Edit: I just had an air drop open up open to be empty. This is hilarious.

Edit 2: Overall this game isn't very good. It's fun for a few matches but in the end it feels empty.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 18, 2017

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUrZP_27svs

i figured this kinda stuff *could* be possible but i still wanna believe it was staged lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Tokubetsu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUrZP_27svs

i figured this kinda stuff *could* be possible but i still wanna believe it was staged lol

That's awesome. I wonder what the shooter was thinking

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Three-Phase posted:

Geez, so depending on the weapon you need to lead and adjust for elevation a lot more... I had no idea it was on a per-weapon basis too...

He's kidding about the 100m/s, in the most recent balance wave the k98 projectile speed was adjusted down to ~25m/s in order to keep sniper rifles balanced

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Is this the only pubg thread or is there a disgusting console xbone thread?

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

e.pilot posted:

out

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

e.pilot posted:

kill youre self

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

tote up a bags posted:

I have always put my main rifle in single shot but watching killcams it seems a lot of people use them jn auto even with a 4x/8x. Have i been... wrong this whole time?

You can just tap the button in auto to fire a single bullet, so they probably just do it so they don’t have to switch firing modes.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

e.pilot posted:

im sorry that your mom dropped you on your head as an infant

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I think you would have more fun playing rules of survival on phone (which just got a pc port) than playing that mess.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I actually prefer pubg on console as the 30 fps gives the game a much more cinematic feel

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Bohemian Nights posted:

I actually prefer pubg on console as the 30.. 20... 10... 30- poo poo, 5... fps gives the game a much more cinematic feel

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I had the absolute wet dreamiest game you can imagine last night, the kind where every enemy is shooting at someone else and is completely exposing their juicy flanks, stationary, for you to shoot. To top it off, we had a random pubbie who was chill AF, down to finding two 4x scopes right off the drop and giving them BOTH out while he was cool with using a 2x :psyduck:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNTZtrcXM_A&t=935s

I know this is like a 4.5 minute video, but it's filled with that good good poo poo we are all chasing every game but only get one out of dozens (gambler's whatever). Live vicariously through me.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I finally got the chance to play a decent amount of the new map last night. My only gripe is: You really seem to have to stick to the roads when driving, and that sucks for such a large map. Our group got caught three times with people just sitting behind a broke down car on the side of the road waiting for people to drive at them. Is this normal? Is this what people are going to do on that map? If so, it is going to really limit dropping at any of the far corners to try and avoid having to drive a decent distance into the circle.

I did win a chicken dinner though, in the hills! :D

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I finally got the chance to play a decent amount of the new map last night. My only gripe is: You really seem to have to stick to the roads when driving, and that sucks for such a large map. Our group got caught three times with people just sitting behind a broke down car on the side of the road waiting for people to drive at them. Is this normal? Is this what people are going to do on that map? If so, it is going to really limit dropping at any of the far corners to try and avoid having to drive a decent distance into the circle.

I did win a chicken dinner though, in the hills! :D

Every vehicle on the new map besides the van is fine at driving offroad unless your driver is negative IQ

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Every vehicle on the new map besides the van is fine at driving offroad unless your driver is negative IQ

Yea, I'm fine at driving, just not straight up the enormous mountains that seem to be everywhere? Yes there are flat bumpy lands here and there, but the majority of the areas in between towns have enormous rocky mountains that aren't really meant for driving, and if you do take them, it takes forever. It's nothing like the Russia map, where you can essentially drive wherever the hell you want. Maybe I need to play it more to learn the routes that I can offroad at without driving up an enormous rocky mountain.

Also are they fixing the horrible shaking when you try to shoot out of driving cars?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

e.pilot posted:

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
PUBG really, really needs a fully featured shooting range with infinite ammo and lots of stationary and moving targets to give you time to figure out how to really get comfortable with the game without playing against 99 other players and a ticking clock. Real bad.

• Locked thread