Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
just go in the shower and waffle stomp it gently caress not that hard dumdum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm super fesh rich right now, makin it rain on the thread

It's lovely Dad Night in the anonfesh thread tonight

quote:

Composting this on mobile so not sure how well my sentence structure will come out.

To preface I am already getting therapy.

The issue I being too you goons is the main thing in my life now. My father died about 6 months ago. Now he had gone and got himself cancer in 2001 and we'd been fighting it ever since. My mother had been a rock and my brother was always there as he'd just gotten out of the military. So for 16 goddamn years my family goes through this. And i guess its fine. You will note how I did not mention how I helped. Well I didn't.

According to the people I meet and some huge goddamn test I had to do as a child, I'm fairly intelligent. But all while my family was dealing with my father's cancer i failed out of one High school and two college programs. I now work at a piece of poo poo job at a call center.

Backstory done I dont know how do deal with my fathers death. Deapite being abusive, which according to my brother was happening long before the cancer, I idolized my father. He was wverything I wanted to be. But boy oh boy did he put the whammy on me. Im now 26 and getting married in the fall. Put whenever I fail at anything, even something as pointless as sale incentive quotas, I loving shut down, for like days.

When i was 16 my father had me call my gf of 1.5 years and break up with her over the phone in front of him because I had a D in my english lit class. And i had to explain that this was because my "focus was missplaced" and that I "couldn't afford the time" for a relationship.

And when I'm shut down for those days, that moment is all i can think of.

So now I'm in this weird place where I being told by dozens of people how sorry they are and what a good man he was. Should I tell them? Should I say the awful ahit he put me and my brother through?
Cant really talk to my family about this so goons, what do?

yikes

Yeah sounds like that dude did a number on you bud

I dunno, if you feel like it'd help to get this stuff off your chest, go for it. Personally I wouldn't stir up drama with people who had nothing to do with it but that's easy for me to say.

You've mentioned you're in therapy; what does your therapist say about this?

Most of the time when smart people underachieve it's related to ADHD but it sounds like your dad had a lot to do with it too

quote:

My father is a barely functioning alcoholic, and pretty much everybody has given up on him and the people he surrounds himself with enable or just don't give a poo poo about him. My mother divorced him when I was 1 when she became sober, which I honestly thank god for because they would've never worked together regardless of alcohol.

For the first 15 years of my life I went to Alcoholics Anonymous with my mother and I pretty much learned everything there is to know about the perils of alcoholism. He remarried to a business manager but she pretty much just keeps him as a pet to serve her needs and he willingly forfeits his paycheck every week while busting his rear end as a welder. He's stubborn as hell and would never consider AA or rehab, because he doesn't think he has a problem. And because of the consistent habitual nature of his drinking (15+/- beers a day) I don't think he will ever hit a "rock bottom" unless he develops health issues that prevent him from drinking or working.

Despite his alcoholism he really has done his best to be in my life, he left the Navy for me when I was born, and always paid child support even when he was homeless living out of his truck. And I will always have fond memories of spending time with him. I just need to type this out because I am sad that there is literally nothing I can do while I watch my father slowly kill himself. I know about Al-Anon and all the support groups out there, and I've talked to multiple people about this. But that won't solve the problem. He needs to want to help himself and unfortunately I don't think he ever will.

I wish there was more I could do. But I have my own issues that I've been working on for years and continue to try to fix. Just sucks seeing somebody with so much good intention and potential wasting away...

I mean, you could do an intervention????? I put that many question marks there because I am not particularly confident in this answer

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

loquacius posted:

I'm super fesh rich right now, makin it rain on the thread

It's lovely Dad Night in the anonfesh thread tonight

yikes

Yeah sounds like that dude did a number on you bud

I dunno, if you feel like it'd help to get this stuff off your chest, go for it. Personally I wouldn't stir up drama with people who had nothing to do with it but that's easy for me to say.

You've mentioned you're in therapy; what does your therapist say about this?

Most of the time when smart people underachieve it's related to ADHD but it sounds like your dad had a lot to do with it too

I mean, you could do an intervention????? I put that many question marks there because I am not particularly confident in this answer

Huh. I joined the navy for my kids. Health insurance is a bitch and the GI bill will be nice someday.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Man if he drinks that heavily and has for so long I literally don't think it's physically possible for him to stop drinking without dying. The body adapts.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
fifteen beers a day? Man hasnt had a solid poop in decades

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PetraCore posted:

Man if he drinks that heavily and has for so long I literally don't think it's physically possible for him to stop drinking without dying. The body adapts.

Detox is a thing for a reason. You generally don't just stop cold turkey. It is a LOT harder, though.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I played EQ1 and none of this makes any sense to me

quote:

I'm just gonna post this because why the gently caress not: My Everquest Heists

I ninja looted 1 SOD's from the 4th warder (after we killed the 3rd warder -- and then wiped to the 4th ez warder - lol, and there was like 3 people alive and i'm just like Z X Y H 1SOD dropped - i'm an idiot for not taking both tbh - after the person who got the verdani robe literally showed up at the 3rd warder 3rd attempt and basically only showed up like 20% of the time but friends with the LOOT COUNCIL (lol no dkp :> )

Traded that SOD for basically a brand new mustang

Thats my eq story, ninja'd looted about 25k from a single mob - and that doesnt count our Fungi Cartel / Orb in Kael / Etc -- god I miss being in the top dog guild doing all 3 factions in SOV because we all had the gear from our original top dog faction (Giant) and after that we were able to just loving kill all 3 factions before any guild close was having trouble on 325 non-duel wielding dain (lol) (that pull was hard as gently caress to be honest, more luck than skill until you've done it 30x)

Oh yes also sold the AOW Kael pants (Flayed Barbarian Skin Leggings - lol, no no drop -[http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=8941] for $15k~ and the guild was cool was with because I gave my tranq staff to a guild friend (who gave it back when he got that ez-mode SSRA staff which I promtply sold for a bunch as well.)

god i made more money at 15-19 than making 100k~/y now ... loving taxes/expenses.

Anyways EQ owned, and I don't think most knew this but, there was a "secret" alliance between the big 5 (LOS/FOH/AL and the 2 others (all dif servers who basically worked together trying dif strats, sharing exploits (lol the SSRA Boss pull) - We even had plenty of cross/trading of mules/players between the 5 when they allowed server transfers. We had players that were FOH/AL/LOS (+ours) and a shitload that were in FOH or LOS & Ours. Just look at the first 5 non-chinese/europe Vulak/Vyemm guilds if you wanna play detective - Pretty sure we were all the first 5. Ours was definatly 1st Vyemm by a few minutes :> (though the Euro guild (and our Alliance guild said they did it first but it wa to close to call with all these hosed up time zones/logs).

(We and the other American guild celebrated literally at the same time; so we dont know how killed it first) - and we definatly would have had the first Vulak if not for a bunch of people who didn't wanna be late for school so we killed him pretty much when all those tanners got back from school

only ever +70k USD in trading from Cartel / Ninja'ing an SOD. and gently caress me I had over 400 days played, but man was that pretty much the best time of my life :>

so here's two more

quote:

I think I might have been some kind of proto alt-right incel jackass. About ten years ago, after flunking out of college for being a dumb dipshit, I started spending inordinate amounts of time on the internet. The old internet, before SA was dead and gay. The conspiracy websites offered to explain the whole world to me, and why it wasn't my lazy rear end's fault for being a loser. It was a cabal! The Illuminati! Plans within plans! I think Prisonplanet and Infowars were my favorites, but there were all kinds of crazy sites back then. Anyway, like a bored and lonely rear end in a top hat, I started arguing with strangers online. About anything, really, but mostly conspiracy stuff, which leads to politics, which can often lead to race. And because I had to win every argument, I had to fire back at the black internet strangers who were talking poo poo about my white self. I was not raised in a racist home, but pretty quickly, I was saying some really racist poo poo to total strangers, safe in the confines of my desk chair. I didn't even have a laptop, I was sitting at a desktop computer, calling people creative racial slurs while trying to argue that, despite all evidence, the ancient Egyptians were white.

And for what? For nothing. I was one of the "rootless white males" that Steve Bannon would later describe as the ideal base for Donald Trump. If I had continued down this path, I can see how I could have been turned into a MAGA/MGTOW/whatever type.

Fortunately, I got off my rear end and started working for a living, and I learned to appreciate the fact that almost everybody in this life is just trying to put food on the table, and everybody deserves respect for that. Oh and I became a sex haver, and so I realized that women are not evil temptresses, or whatever term the incels use, and that feminism is actually good.

Very tame confession, I know, I'm just saying that all this crazy stuff happening in internet society today was boiling up for many years before it went mainstream and we all got the opportunity to laugh at Kekistan morons. I went through a phase of being a real rear end in a top hat and could have been swept up as a useful idiot by the Bannons and Trumps of this world. And I guess my message is try to talk to your kids, because they could be going down a similar path at the moment.

Oh by the way, the interstellar object named 'Oumuamua that's passing through the solar system right now is a spaceship, but its crew is long dead and its mission long forgotten.

quote:

So I am a second year graduate student and there is this guy ("Hans") in the department that I worked with for a year who was getting involved with some electronics-remote sensing project that required a Federal security clearance. My advisor said that everyone who worked with Hans was going to be briefly interviewed by a government officer as part of Hans' screening.
Now I told him that this was a super bad idea and I really didn't want to do it since I have terrible social anxiety and am really nervous especially talking to cops or official people (like for example one year I paid about two thousand dollars extra in tax penalties because like an idiot I was too scared to make a single phone call to the IRS or talk to someone at the HR Block office). I really liked Hans as did everyone else and I really didn't want to panic or say something stupid and cause him to not pass the screening. My advisor just told me to give short, honest answers to any questions and nothing else, 'as if I was in court'- which is exactly completely not helpful. Like I can't even handle people in online games calling me angry words without panic disconnecting my computer, how was I supposed to do this.

The day of the interview, the officer begins by telling me my name and history with Hans- not asking, telling, he seems to knows everything already, and I'm starting to panic because I'm worried that I might misremember something and then he'll think I'm lying to a Federal officer. At that point if he'd asked my middle name I wouldn't have been able to say. The first question he asks was along the lines of, "In <month> of <year>, do you recall Hans attending <conference> and <research program> in Helsinki?" Of course I remembered that, I helped Hans make his poster and Powerpoint for the lecture he gave! But obviously, articulating any of this at that instant was completely out of my power.

Suddenly, the answer popped into my head: I had to tell the officer about the 'Finland Conspiracy' from Reddit- that Finland isn't a real place, it was a conspiracy between the Russia and Japan to obtain uncontested development rights to the Sea of Finland, Nokia is really a Japanese company, everyone who thinks they are Finnish is in fact Coastal Swedes, the United Nations is covering this up, etc. I babble all that as incoherently as possible, the officer cut me off and told me to leave the room and get my advisor.

My advisor knew something went wrong because it was supposed to take 15 minutes and I was only in there for 3 minutes, and also because I was trying to quietly panic cry behind my desk, so he sent me home for the rest of the week. Later I learned that Hans' clearance was denied and that he effectively couldn't continue on his project, greatly setting back his PhD thesis by probably several years. And I think it might be my fault for not being able to support his security screening. I want to drop out of graduate school, I don't think I can do it after this and they probably all hate me now. I haven't really talked to Hans for a month yet because if I see him I feel like I'll just freeze up or start crying again.

This doesn't sound like it'd hold up a security clearance thing :shrug:

You should probably seek counseling regardless because it sounds like you have anxiety bordering on non-functional

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Lol, if he got his clearance denied it wasn't because you're incapable of normal conversation. It's probably because he had debt or some criminal background.

That agent probably gets one of those crazy interviews every week

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Hi Loq,

I’ve never confessed here before but have been reading for ages. Have a few I’d like to get off my chest.

I run a pretty tight ship hygiene-wise. For years I would only poo poo at home and immediately jump in the shower after to wash with soap and water. I’m not saying I don’t wipe, just that I do, and then wash. The thought of little left behind poo poo particles grosses me out. I actually bought a bidet on amazon for like $30 and use the sprayer now. I still prefer to shower after but the sprayer is nice if I’m in a hurry.

I went on a long vacation recently and wondered if I was neurotic or something and if not adhering to my routine would be difficult but it turns out I’m ok, just really like to keep my rear end in a top hat clean. And the thought of how many people must walk around with bacon strips in their undies kind of grosses me out.

As a side note the fact that eating butt has become so prevalent over the past, what, 10–20 years? When I was a kid giving rim was something you talked about that was super fringe but now it sounds like it’s not unusual. Anyway, that it’s become common astounds me. People are eating poo poo?! Surely many assholes are mostly clean but many also are not?!?

I think rear end-eating is still just the kind of thing people mostly talk about online but maybe I'm just naive :shrug:

The fact that we consider our buttholes clean after just kind of dry-wiping the poo poo off with a piece of paper only makes sense in the context of "it's not like anyone's gonna be putting their face in there or anything anyway" so yeah in closing I would say if you're expecting guests back there please keep the place clean

It's only considerate

quote:

Goon who has a crush on the other guy's wife here. Still haven't said anything, but I'm going to tomorrow.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Cutting out my normal smug assholish advice I'm gonna say, if you really can't just tell her, say something about how you really like spending time with just each other. Maybe toss something in there about wishing you met her earlier or something..

I'm taking this advice. I'm going to tell her that whenever it's just me and her together I'm happier, and that it's weird, but I find myself getting jealous of her husband sometimes. We're spending the whole day together tomorrow so I'm thinking of telling her at lunch.

I know I'm going to get made fun of again for this, but coming right out and saying it wouldn't work with her. This is as close to doing that as I think I can manage.

This was sent two days ago so whatever happened has already happened

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean you don’t just randomly dive into licking a butthole and hope it’s clean. You do it after showering/washing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If somebody is gonna have a butthole brunch then you scrub that thing until you can see your own reflection in it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

I mean you don’t just randomly dive into licking a butthole and hope it’s clean. You do it after showering/washing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtwJvgPJ9xw

:smug:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

loquacius posted:

I think rear end-eating is still just the kind of thing people mostly talk about online but maybe I'm just naive :shrug:

yeah you'll gross most people out by asking to eat their rear end out. The ones that are super into it are probably people who you wouldn't want to rear end-eat.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Honestly I think Mr. Clean 24/7/365 over here shouldn't be the judge jury and executioner of why people eat rear end.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

quote:

I'm taking this advice

Bwahahaha! :munch:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
When I started eating rear end like 4 years ago I also started keeping unscented moisturizing baby wipes by the can next to magazines and everybody pretty much takes the hint. Most people will read between the lines and excuse themselves for a minute and freshen up if there’s even a chance it’s not 100%

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

fruit on the bottom posted:

If somebody is gonna have a butthole brunch then you scrub that thing until you can see your own reflection in it.

Yeah pretty much.
Paging the user "yeah I eat rear end" to the thread, clearly he, or she has experience in the topic.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
What gives you the idea rimming is a common thing? I mean judging from porn videos it seems to be a niche thing, otherwise it would be as prevalent as BJs or Anal. It is not. And in comparison, even though facials seem to be in 4/5 vids now, I don't think many people spray their GFs in man juice. Hence rimming is probably not very popular. Or am I just naive?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Hopper posted:

What gives you the idea rimming is a common thing? I mean judging from porn videos it seems to be a niche thing, otherwise it would be as prevalent as BJs or Anal. It is not. And in comparison, even though facials seem to be in 4/5 vids now, I don't think many people spray their GFs in man juice. Hence rimming is probably not very popular. Or am I just naive?

What's stopping you from experiencing one of the 6 great bedroom joys?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'll luck a butt if asked, but I can count on one hand the times I just went for it unprompted.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

A Strange Aeon posted:

What's stopping you from experiencing one of the 6 great bedroom joys?

I dunno I just don't see the appeal. But what are the other 5?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Hopper posted:

i recall reading that bj's were considered too much by most actual prostitutes in 1930s berlin

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hopper posted:

I dunno I just don't see the appeal. But what are the other 5?

1. Pegging
2. Pegging
3. Pegging
4. Pegging
5. Bj

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bust Rodd posted:

When I started eating rear end like 4 years ago I also started keeping unscented moisturizing baby wipes by the can next to magazines and everybody pretty much takes the hint. Most people will read between the lines and excuse themselves for a minute and freshen up if there’s even a chance it’s not 100%

* unopened packet on night table *

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'll luck a butt if asked, but I can count on one hand the times I just went for it unprompted.

Sometimes it's just what you want, I dunno. There's still some naughty allure to the butt and if you're down there anyway, no real reason I can see not to go for it. It's not like you get poo poo on your tongue or whatever that confessor thought would happen.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
It's like a nine-volt battery; sooner or later you have to put your tongue on it.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Critics are calling eating rear end "electrifying!"

New York times says "riveting, a real blow out!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A Strange Aeon posted:

Sometimes it's just what you want, I dunno. There's still some naughty allure to the butt and if you're down there anyway, no real reason I can see not to go for it. It's not like you get poo poo on your tongue or whatever that confessor thought would happen.

Remember, you'll get "The Dolphin Noise" if they're not into it.

"Ehn, ehn."

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Inescapable Duck posted:

Detox is a thing for a reason. You generally don't just stop cold turkey. It is a LOT harder, though.
I mean, severe enough alcoholics need alcohol to live. There's a reason hospitals have beer on hand to be provided as a prescription to patients at that state, although they're certainly not going to let them indulge past what is medically necessary at that point.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is medical grade beer as good as medical grade heroin? I wonder if they have like a stout, a lager, an IPA. You know, to suit the individual patient.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is medical grade beer as good as medical grade heroin? I wonder if they have like a stout, a lager, an IPA. You know, to suit the individual patient.

They tend to have the finest single malt on hand they can find for in cases of methanol poisoning - you need to get decent ethanol into the body so it can convert the methanol into ethanol so it can be processed... so they tend to give you some of that.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Diacetylmorphine is a schedule 1 narcotic in the United States, classified as having zero accepted therapeutic uses

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

*farts*

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

I know a doc who had a severe alcoholic come in one night shift and they had run out of their supply, so he ordered 2 bottles of Smirnoff Vodka from a liquor delivery service into the hospital. True story.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Hopper posted:

I know a doc who had a severe alcoholic come in one night shift and they had run out of their supply, so he ordered 2 bottles of Smirnoff Vodka from a liquor delivery service into the hospital. True story.

Christ, I think I'd rather they let me die than drink Smirnoff.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Bust Rodd posted:

So you do it as a service?

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

kazr posted:

Diacetylmorphine is a schedule 1 narcotic in the United States, classified as having zero accepted therapeutic uses

In the UK I have seen Diamorphine given in epidural and spinal anaesthesia and for analgesia in myocardial infarction and in palliative care. I don't think it's completely useless.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just come to Belgium, we have something for everyone here (going up to 12% with Bush beer). A Delirium Tremens might not be appropriate, though. On second thought, Belgium might not be a great idea for recovering alcoholics.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Love me some delirium tremens (the beer, not the severe alcohol withdrawal symptom).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I bought mead for this christmas. 30 proof fermented honey, water and spices.