Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Remember Grier Siedman,
Great Khan of Khans
He showed us the way to destiny,
And gave his life to achieve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Snake Pit 24

Physical Combat Phase:
Spider (Player)
- Punches Kraken with Both Arms (4 base + 4 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, rolled 9, hit Left Arm (17/34 armor remaining), Head (0/3 structure remaining)! Head destroyed! ‘Mech destroyed!

Kraken (Player)
- Kicks Spider (1 base + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 kick = 4): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (0/11 armor, 0/7 structure remaining)! Leg blown off! ‘Mech destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (3/13 armor remaining)!

HOly poo poo. What a metal way to go.

from my internet travels, and appropriately timed flying punch. Enjoy.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 18, 2017

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zaodai posted:

Surprised they stood down from their Khan dying to a melee headshot from a light mech. :thunk:

Maybe specifically because it was a light charging an Assault they respect it on some minor level? I dunno.

They seemed to be under pretty strict orders not to get involved for anything less than someone opening up on them directly.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Spider

I was expecting to go down this turn, but certainly not like that. :psyduck:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Physical Combat Phase:
Spider (Player)
- Punches Kraken with Both Arms (4 base + 4 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, rolled 9, hit Left Arm (17/34 armor remaining), Head (0/3 structure remaining)! Head destroyed! ‘Mech destroyed!

Wow. That's a death worthy of the any Immortal Warrior HoloVid; couldn't have scripted it better if you planned it that way.

No chance to eject either, just straight up pasted in his 100 tonner cockpit by a flying spider 'superman one-two punch'.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

CourValant posted:

Wow. That's a death worthy of the any Immortal Warrior HoloVid; couldn't have scripted it better if you planned it that way.

No chance to eject either, just straight up pasted in his 100 tonner cockpit by a flying spider 'superman one-two punch'.

I'm personally imagining that Grier managed to sweep the leg first, and the Spider pilot reflexively reached out and grabbed the left arm and head on the way down.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Spider

loving lmao. Good job.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

W.T. Fits posted:

Spider

Pre-emptive congrats on being the MVP.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Fraction Jackson posted:

Pre-emptive congrats on being the MVP.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Spider pilot's gonna have to buy a couple Overlords just to be able to walk with balls that big

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Oh yeah, MVP Vote has started as well!

I knew I was forgetting something.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Goon MVP: Spider
Clan MVP: Grier Siedman, RIP

It's just...it just feels right.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Clan MVP: Grier Siedman

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
GOON MVP: Spider, for the Crosscounter to end all Crosscounters.
OP4 MVP: Hunchback IIC, for being the platonic ideal of the Hunchback IIC.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Yeah, that's how you do it.

Clan MVP: Grier Siedman

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

berryjon posted:

This. Grier might have been scary and tough, but that Hunchback IIC pilot rewrote the loving book on how to use that thing.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Fraction Jackson posted:

Yep, this right here.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Strobe posted:

I'm personally imagining that Grier managed to sweep the leg first, and the Spider pilot reflexively reached out and grabbed the left arm and head on the way down.

Naw, not Pacific Rim enough.

Spider flies in, lands and simultaneously moves forward with a left jab, clips the arm, then over-extends with a right cross straight through the cockpit; as Grier closes his eyes to accept his fate in that time dilation last moment, he pitches the Kraken forward to try and fall on the Spider. The Spider pivots, not fast enough, and gets its leg snapped off.

berryjon posted:

Yeah, as much as I'd like to vote for Grier, that Hunchback did more to influence the Order of Battle.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think everyone is still a little flush from the conclusion and forgetting the incredible marksmanship of Korean Robert

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Goon MVP : Korean Robert

OpFor MVP : Hunchie II pilot

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Defiance Industries posted:

I think everyone is still a little flush from the conclusion and forgetting the incredible marksmanship of Korean Robert

I'm not

Goon MVP: Korean Robert's Roughneck for shooting Grier Siedman in the head and allowing the Spider to cross counter him dead.
Clan MVP: Hunchback IIC for falling down a building like a boss, wrecking mans like a boss, losing his arms before his weapons like a boss, using all his ammo like a boss.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

I'm not

Goon MVP: Korean Robert's Roughneck for shooting Grier Siedman in the head and allowing the Spider to cross counter him dead.
Clan MVP: Hunchback IIC for falling down a building like a boss, wrecking mans like a boss, losing his arms before his weapons like a boss, using all his ammo like a boss.

This

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Player MVP: Korean Robert
OpFor MVP: Grier Siedman

I can't not vote for Khan Siedman. RIP.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I cannot help but admire Korean Roberts' amazing marksmanship - wanna see that man in a King Dadlas - but I'm sorry I am utterly incapable of voting against the Spider who got the headshot on the Level Boss by punching it. I just... I just can't.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Wow, one helluva finish there, cross counter to the head and all that. Now to await the political fallout certain to result from this...

Player MVP: Korean Robert's Roughneck for his thirst for Clanner heads, honorable mention to the Spider for the glorious cross counter that ended it all
OpFor MVP: Grier Siedman's Kraken for cutting a bloody swathe through GoonForce and then dying gloriously, honorable mention to the Hunchback IIC for doing much the same

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Spider
Hunchback IIC

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

OpFor MVP: Hunchie IIC :patriot:

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I cannot help but admire Korean Roberts' amazing marksmanship - wanna see that man in a King Dadlas - but I'm sorry I am utterly incapable of voting against the Spider who got the headshot on the Level Boss by punching it. I just... I just can't.

This is kind of how I feel. Sometimes a Moment happens and you just have to appreciate it.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

berryjon posted:

Because they both accepted their fate but made their “deaths” count

I will also note that The khan got this kills, so he died happy.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
He even get's to brag about the third one.

"Hey Hunchie. I got three. And the last one? Kicked the leg out of a Spider that punched me in the face."
"Aww man I was so sure my building stunt would have kept me ahead."

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Goon MVP: Robert
Clan MVP: Grier

Artificer fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 18, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Artificer posted:

Goon MVP: Korean Roberts
Clan MVP: Grier

Robert is his given name.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Clan MVP: Hunchie IIC

That is how you punch ( :v: ) above your weight class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjRGGnmBVmo

And for once, everybody wins!

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh yeah, MVP Vote has started as well!

I knew I was forgetting something.

I know two votes aren't the way this usually goes but... drat.

Goon MVPs: Spider for the deathpunch - Korean Robert for star player performance over the last few missions, being a rising champ, and setting up the slap. I can't NOT credit the headshot that made the spider possible in any good conscience.
Clan MVPs: Hunchie IIC for dictate the terms of engagement and delivering. Siedman for having the balls and grace to set up the scene and trial as he did - and more than that, may be, just maybe, make the players buy into the idea that he was serious about it all. Fair's fair. Two mvp's for 2 mvps.

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
Spider
Hunchback IIC

Pretty cool that the Imperial City is now the burial ground for two different Hell's Horses Khans.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Fraction Jackson posted:

Can there be any other answer?

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

berryjon posted:

So torn on this one... could definitely go with Korean Robert and Grier Siedman but drat. The Hunchback driver just... that was an amazing couple rounds, and for the Spider to end it that way, goddamn.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Player MVP: Spider

Enemy MVP: Hunchback IIC

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Night10194 posted:

Player MVP: Spider

Enemy MVP: Hunchback IIC

Seyla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

berryjon posted:

Yep. More importantly though, the liberators of Luthien are a bunch of gangsters, peasants, and foreigners. The one to crush the clan leader was even a woman. The hard liner combine people are going to be apoplectic with rage. The question is will this all be buried under propaganda, used to undermine the existing social order, or simply cleaned up with a few assassinations?

• Locked thread