Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Open PTR nice

e: hahahhaah they had to stop the showcase match because he was spawned with GOG friend invites

frajaq fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://imgur.com/a/T4GCf

Yessss

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

frajaq posted:

Open PTR nice

e: hahahhaah they had to stop the showcase match because he was spawned with GOG friend invites

They forgot to mention the row limit. :(

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

that was the saddest drum ever

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Draining will be the vampire gimmick, eh

Probably similar to Regis' effect, damage by x and boost self by same amount.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

if Freddybabes wins this Spy NG mirror he's confirmed best player in my eyes

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

Draining will be the vampire gimmick, eh

Probably similar to Regis' effect, damage by x and boost self by same amount.

So basically a damage deck that (probably) can get full value even with smaller targets on board?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Maybe units that drain each other, getting some benefit off draining boosts? Would make sense with moonlight.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

rydiafan posted:

They forgot to mention the row limit. :(

they just confirmed, 9 units

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

http://www.gwentdb.com/news/98-gwent-challenger-decklists

That's all the decks used, just in case any of you didn't know they were available online.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

uhhh that's from the previous Challenger

for the one that just happened it's here

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

frajaq posted:

uhhh that's from the previous Challenger

for the one that just happened it's here

Oops, thanks. I'll leave mine for maximum net-deck availablity.

Also, that Usurper leader card looks bonkers.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I might do an in-depth look at Skellige in the patch, any interest in a write up like that?

Might wait for the PTR to go up for a full list of upcoming card changes. Hjalmar is a 16 str now for example.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I play Veteran SK these days so yes

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

If we get any new card changes for Skellige or Neutrals I'll go back and edit this with whatever seems relevant.

So far, the only known change to Skellige cards is that Hjalmar is now 16 power, from 14. A 2 power boost is pretty relevant, on top of Skellige getting access to a few new cards that can damage enemy units. Could see a return to play post patch.

New Skellige cards:
Golds

Olaf
20 power is a lot, even if it's conditional, because it's not tied to giving your opponent card advantage (tibor) or some way to disrupt your strategy (hjalmar). Additionally, self wounding, beast, and curse tags means it has synergy with curse decks or anything with an armorsmith in it. Could also see play with strengthen effects and renew, since running the new item tutor bronze to pull Bone Talismans already plays nicely with beasts and heavy deck thinning and it doesn't seem to have a regressing tag. Expect to see some gimmicky kambi decks relying on the latter strategies there!

Ulfhedinn
Another gold with the beast and cursed tags, Ulf is probably most similar to Vab. Where Vab doesn't seen play, it's usually because the cards you most want to remove you can do so unconditionally with Coral, and where Vab can only hit one card, Ulf can hit as many as you can tag with Archers. A solid, all rounder Gold that might see play in cursed decks, but likely not anywhere else.

Hym
Assuming this card lets you tutor for any specific cursed unit, including golds, he's a very powerful deck thinning gold and makes for a very high tempo play, even if you're just using him to hit something like Skjall. Additionally, he has the cursed tag which is, as ever, a great blessing for Marauders. The other choose effect is fairly weak, and outside of possibly cursed Skellige mirrors there's not going to be a time where it's a reliable, higher power play than just tutoring your own deck. But hey, options are good.

Silvers

Giant Boar
I don't understand this card. A 16 power silver assuming it hits a Priestess or a Beastmaster is just okay, and in both situations it's only a 50/50 shot of happening at best. The uses for it seem obvious, but it seems too unreliable and random for what you get, especially in a faction with silvers as amazing as Skellige's.

Yoana
Again, I feel like I'm missing something. She can't target golds, so you can't pull off sick Olaf strats to slam a 36 power two card combo (which isn't all that amazing) and she's less flexible than both Bone Talisman and Armorsmith, the other two Skellige heal cards. She needs much higher base strength to make up for how infrequent her best case scenario is going to be, not to mention how often she can be played around by your opponent simply spreading damage or only aiming to kill weakened units.

Derran
Solid card, silver version of the old Axemen. Vulnerable to getting removed, but really strong if you're playing him to follow up a weather or a Skellige storm. Additionally, the cursed tag means you can even get away with trying to fit it in a cursed deck, which frequently runs archers and has a shiny new Gold designed to ping a bunch of damaged units. On top of that, synergy with the new Warship card. Great all around card, I could see it played in a lot of decks.

Stribog Runestone, Ornamental Sword

These are both Items, but both need a lot of math done to really evaluate how strong they are. The fact that they're silvers in Skellige is probably their biggest downside, I suspect that Ornamental Sword might be one of the best Spawn cards, but like I said I'll post some numbers and theorycrafting later!!

Bronzes

Clan Smuggler
Return a bronze unit from your graveyard to your deck. So, the gimmick here is that you can relive those days of 25 power Pirate Captains again. Unfortunately, this effect is pretty niche, (you could run it with Shieldmaidens to get their battlecry off twice in a game? Putting raiders back in your deck for Warmonger targets) and the card's base power of 10 really isn't anything to write home about, and no interesting tags either. The real thing of note is just waiting to see if someone can build a reliable engine to pull off consistent 20+ power Captains again, but I could see it being used in some other niche discard decks.

Warship
Straightforward card: a brokvar Archer that trades 1 power for 1 more damage, relevant for cards like Axemen and Derran. The machine tag is also clearly meant to provide more support towards the new Machine archetype building in Skellige, between this card and Clan Corsair. Not amazing, but not a bad card either.

Clan Marauder
By default, it's a Brokvar Archer with 1 extra power in exchange for the strengthen effect. The new thing is that you get more benefit out of resurrecting it, essentially behaving like a Veteran battlecry of sorts. I don't expect to see it replace a card in any current decks. Two things of note: It's not reliant on a veteran tag to get more power, it simply needs to be resurrected. Second, 6 power is a pretty key number to hit, shutting down a lot of engine cards like Siege Supports or Impera Enforcers.

Clan Corsair
This is an interesting card that probably lacks the machines it needs to really shine, because if you run this in addition to Priestess of Freya, you're likely going to clutter your hand too hard. Harpooners are strong cards, but they usually belong in decks aiming to win one very long round where you won't have a chance to resurrect them. They can certainly work with Light Longships, and may actually be better than Priestess of Freya if you want to run a Greatswords Adrenaline Rush strategy. With Warship, you're essentially pulling off a Priestess/Archer combo with 2 extra points, which while it's not bad it's probably not an optimal deck building choice. The last choice is War Longship, which I could actually envision with a discard oriented deck that's not interested in having an actual resurrect target in the deck, and thus no Priestess of Freya. Lots of potential, but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't see it at all post patch.

Clan Protector
A bronze item tutor. Tutor effect are usually very strong in this game, and unlike Herbalist this lets you choose an item. What items do we have to choose from?

Bone Talisman. An alright choice, and depending on your deck this is essentially a Priestess of Freya that thins one and occasionally has a relevant heal (play it on an Olaf you open the game with that you intend to Renew later, built in thinning, this might be a valid strategy!)
Spear. Which faction has the biggest base power bronzes? Uh, we do! Potential option for a Veterans Skellige deck, letting you drop some huge 10+ power nukes on top of thinning your deck.
Wyvern Scale Shield. Unlike Spear, this card specifies -initial- power instead of base, and Skellige units rarely exceed 7-8 power. Notable exceptions include An Craite Warriors and Clan Smuggler, at 11 and 10 power.

All three are viable choices, but I struggle to think of scenarios where you'd be able to fit 3 protectors AND 3 items into a list. Unlike Herbalist, however, the items don't all have to be the same: You could even run 1 copy of each item and run a Protector as a very flexible tutor spell. Lots of potential for him in a few different decks! Additionally, he seems to lack the doomed tag, but since Herbalist has it I'm thinking they may have excluded a few tags so it's hard to say which of these cards may be different on ptr/release. OTOH, Clan Corsair DOES have Doomed. Oversight, maybe?

Beastmaster
A 12 power card over two bodies. If he spawns the bear from blood curdling roar, that bear counts as doomed, so you can't rely on him to create a rez target. He is, however, a perfect Restore and thus resurrect target, so he may see play in some decks.

Bone Talisman
I mentioned this in my Protector notes, I don't have too much else to note on it. Strong synergy with Olaf strengthen/resurrection gimmicks, since you can open with Olaf and turn it into a 23 power card the next turn (and have 25 points on the board if you use a Protector) and it can also resurrect beasts such as transformed Berserkers. Kind of reminds me of Armorsmith, in that I expect to see it a lot as a flex choice 1-of in decks, especially since it has bronze tutor synergy.

Whew that's a lot of poo poo. I won't go over ALL the neutrals, but I'll go over ones that have the most interest to me for Skellige decks.

Neutrals

Spear/Shield: I mentioned this under Protectors. They might have the most synergy with Skellige so far, so that's cool!

Boulder: Oh hot drat is that a new card for Herbalist to tutor, and one that's not as situational as Lacerate to boot? The cool thing about this card is that, with the news that the row limit is 9, it actually might be viable to build a boulder herbalist/harpooner/hjalmar deck where your goal is to quickly fill up a row and then begin using Boulder to indiscriminately kill off cards. Cool! Would be pretty vulnerable to passes, though.

Reconnaissance: Tutor cards are good, and this is sort of like an Emissary for decks that aren't Nilfgaard. Could see play as a one of flex card, like clear skies or armorsmith.

Rockslide: Small Derran/Axemen synergy, but like Overdose the best case scenario is probably too situational to see much play.

Lesser Demons: A 9 power tutor is pretty powerful, since if anyone is going to benefit from a discard effect, it's gonna be Skellige. Meme card with some potential for Ciri Dash (who had a minor buff) and other discard decks.

Stregobor: Skellige has the most access to heal effects, so this may be a legit card to add lots of damaged units to the board for your berserker marauders or to get more guaranteed value from your heal cards.

Nivellen: Cursed tag, and potential synergy with Axemen or Harpooners. Not a great card, but I don't think you can write it off.

Shupe's Big Adventure: Yes. Honestly, I feel like Skellige has far too many engine reliant bronzes to be great with this, but they do also have access to a few draw and tutoring effects to make sure Shupe goes off. Maaaaaybe?

Ciri: Nova: Doomed ignores discard, so you could run this with Renew and King Bran as a way to add slightly more consistency to your oversized deck..? Nah, probably not.

Geralt: Yrden: Skellige has a lot of cards that do self damage and not many that spawn tokens or boost. Could be a relevant card to run in a cursed/self wounding deck?

Saskia: Dragonfire: It's too bad this doesn't say Discard, but that's almost certainly why it doesn't, lol.

Whew that's a lot of text. After looking and thinking everything over, I think the thing I'm most interested in is abusing Clan Protectors and Olaf to make some ultra consistent, nerfed before it goes live or right after patch blowout gold deck.

(jesus christ, with the stupid clan name changes we're going to have three cards named Clan Berserker, Clan Marauder, and Berserker Marauder. Please rethink moving clan names to the tags, CDPR.)

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I can't get past 18 rank and whatever I've stopped even caring. Felt like a badass beating the 19 rank guy I got matched against yesterday though. I would like the cool red border.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Why did I just play an Iris against Emhyr? :negative:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

I can't get past 18 rank and whatever I've stopped even caring. Felt like a badass beating the 19 rank guy I got matched against yesterday though. I would like the cool red border.

I'm in a similar funk. I get 10 MMR away from leveling up, then lose 3 games in a row and rocket downwards. Very frustrating.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nicely done!

You talked about Wyvern Scale Shield, can that be used with Olaf? Or is there some wording on the cards I'm not getting?

Seems pretty strong like Beastmaster -> Clan Protector uses WSS from your deck with Olaf in-hand, a 12 bronze into 22 bronze seems good for 2 cards play

e: nevermind the cards on the Reveal page are outdated/wrong :argh:

frajaq fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 18, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ah, full list of known card changes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/7kh13h/most_of_the_changes_to_existing_cards_i_could_find/

Berserker Marauder: 9 (originally 8)

lol cursed decks are gonna be straight up busted, on top of freddy winning with a cursed deck today, good thing CDPR is always fast with nerfs. :v:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
We don't know the card text changes that may come with the strength changes. Quite a few cards seem to be getting a complete rework.

I hope alchemy or soldier Nilfgaard comes through, I love the faction but it's my second season playing spies.

Edit: I think Reconnaisance is pretty nuts and hope it's not going to become an auto-include tutor. F. ex if consume can fit those in it's going to greatly help them out with the deck's draw consistency issues.

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 18, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Speaking of card changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkErZyxiaC8

quote:

Marcin360 CD PROJEKT RED
Dailies are being added on top of the current rewards system, not replacing it. :)

quote:

Changes from this video:

Priscilla: Boost 5 random units by 3. 3 str.

Thunderbolt potion: Add Item tag.

First Light: Add Tactic tag.

Manticore Venom: Now deal 13 damage.

Fiend: No ability. 11 str.

Infiltrator: Lose Soldier tag, add Agent tag. 10 str.

Wyvern: Now deal 5 damage.

Ancient Foglet: Boost by 1 if fog exist at turn end. 10 str.

Aeromancer: Spawn Fog, Frost or Alzur's Thunder. 4 str.

Winch: Doesn't boost by 2.

Dagon: Spawn Fog or Rain. 8 str.

Crach: Strengthen the highest loyal unit by 2, and play it. No longer damage.

Triss: Butterfly Spell: Activate at turn end. Lose Revenge ability. 8 str.

Ale of Ancestor: Apply Golden Froth. 9 str.

Dimeritium Bomb: Reset boosted unit on the row.

She-troll: Play a bronze unit from deck, then consume a unit and boost self by its power. 1 str.

Mourntart: Ability plays immediately. 4 str.

Abaya: Spawn Rain, Clear sky and Venom. 4 str.

Toad Prince: Draw 1 card, then consume a unit and boost self by its power. 6 str.

Nithral: Now 6 str.

Foltest: Boost wherever they are (Affect graveyard, I assume).

Necromancy: Lose Cursed tag.

Prize-winning cow: Lose Retaliation ability. Lose doomed tag. 1 str

Nekker: Boost wherever they are (Affect graveyard, I assume). 4 str.

Ekimmara: Drain a unit by 3. 5 str.

White Frost: No longer apply 2 consecutive row, apply 2 separate Frost Hazard instead.

Royal Decree: Only pull Gold unit.

Roach: Only pulled when playing a Gold unit from hand.

There are also other changes, but they didn't show ability.

Geralt: 15 str.

Yennefer Conjurer: 9 str.

Triss: 10 str.

Pirate Captain: 1 str.

Priestess of Freya: 2 str.

Bork: 10 str.

Dorregaray: 1 str.

Gaunter: 6 str.

Ciri: 8 str.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

tl;dw:

New daily system that will exist on top of the current daily system, expect 40-60 ore a day for things like winning with various factions.

You can cancel out of unit plays now, rather than being locked into placing the card once you selected it.

There will be a special holiday deal in the store this Christmas.

New card collection UI looks kinda tiny? It looks like something made for tablet rather than for PC or console, and it doesn't give cards much room to show off their art. Honestly it kinda reminds me of Magic Arena's cards...?

Minera fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 18, 2017

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Minrad posted:

New card collection UI looks kinda tiny? It looks like something made for tablet

Hopefully that's because it is.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I hope they'll add a card drawing animation to the mulligan, I don't like the cards changing in just a blink. Looks unnatural. Though Rethaz did say that the empty slots in Create will disappear and the 3 choices will be scaled up so I think even though they're showing the new systems off now it's missing quite a bit of polish. I'll have to reserve my judgment until the whole thing releases.

Also with the amount of discrepancies between the cards shown on official reveal streams and how they appear on the revealed card page, I wouldn't put much stock on changes to values shown on a video about the UI.

I feel like they wanted to release this before christmas but ran out of time. They should just move this update to next year and only release the holiday event for now. Shouldn't release stuff half-baked.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:frogsiren:

PTR is up for everyone!!!!!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Well... this solves some mysteries for me, like why Priestess gained 2 str. She can only rez soldiers now. :v:

I'll boot up PTR and look over all the Skellige stuff later.

Apparently there's a reconnect feature now?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh wow they straight up removed the veteran mechanic for SK, interesting

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

So, going over everything on the PTR for Skellige. This is all off the top of my head but I feel like I know Skellige cards on live pretty well, but I might miss some stuff. Highlighting major changes.

Veteran - Gone. The Veteran cards still exist, but it seems they've all lost their effect minus Clan Veteran, who now strengthens ALL Tuirseach units by 1.

King Bran - still 2 str, lost Veteran.
New Leader! - Eist, 4 str, Spawn a Bronze Tuirseach soldier. Yes, spawn, so you can generate an extra Veteran or get a second Skirmisher when you need it.
Crach an Craite - 5 str, strengthen the highest loyal unit in your deck by 2 and play it. (no longer damages)
Kambi - No longer Doomed, Hemdall is now 20 str.
Hym - Now 4 str, the second option is to Create a silver unit from your opponent's starting deck.
Ulfheddin - Now 5 str, deal 1 damage to all enemies. Deal 2 damage to any enemy that was already wounded.
Birna Bran - Now 6 str. Lost Veteran.
Ermion - Now 10 str, from 7.
Vabjorn - Now 11 str, from 10.
Hjalmar - Now 16 str, from 14.
Olaf - Yeah, no doomed or regressing tag. This thing'll be fun with a Renew, thinning beast deck.

Sigrdrifa - Can now only resurrect Clan units.
Gremist - Now 4 str, was 3. Now spawns Rain instead of fog, which I'd say is half buff, half nerf...?
Draig Bon-Dhu - Now 6 str, was.... 5?
Holger Blackhand - Now deals 6 damage instead of 5.
Harald Houndsnout - Token effects changed. Now the friendly tokens are stregthen a random ally by 3, deal 1 damage to opposite row enemies, and instead of pulling a random cursed unit it now spawns a Bear.
Derran - Now 6 str, was 5?
Arena Champion - 7 str, card text changed to "Duel a Higher enemy"
Giant Boar - Now 8 str, was ...7?
Blueboy Lugos - Now 9 str
Svanrige - Now 9 str, up from 7. Lost veteran tag.
Udalryk - Now 13 str, up from 12.
Jutta - Now 13 str, up from 12. Lost veteran tag.

Pirate Captain - Now 1 str, down from 4. Card text is now "Play a Bronze Dimun unit from your deck."
Priestess of Freya - Still 1 str, card text is now "Resurrect a Bronze Soldier."

Clan Beastmaster - The bear this unit spawns is NOT doomed, neither is the bear from Bloodcurdling roar. This should apply to Gremist as well.
Drummond Shieldmaiden - RIP tri-art, Still 3 str. card now reads "Summon all copies of this unit."
Herbalist- Now 3 str, up from 2.
Queensguard - RIP tri arts.
Clan Warcrier - Now 5 str, down from 6. Card text now reads "Boost one ally by half its power.
Clan Hunter - Still 6 str, card text now reads "Deal 5 damage"
Clan Axemen - Now 6 str, instead of 5. Lost Veteran.
Light Longship - Now 7 str, instead of 5. Now boosts instead of strengthens, no longer regressing.
War Longship - Still 7 str, now deals 2 damage to a random enemy when played. Ability repeats when a card is discarded.
Clan Veteran - Still 7 str, now reads "Strengthen all your Tuirseach units by 1, wherever they are.
Raging Berserker - Now 8 str, was 6. Bear form unchanged.
Skald - Now 8 str, instead of 5. Card text now reads "Boost all allies from a Clan of your choice by 1.
Clan Skirmisher - Now 8 str instead of 7, lost Veteran.
Clan Warmonger - Now 8 str, instead of 7. Lost Veteran.
Savage Bear - Now 9 str, was 7.
Berserker Marauder - Now 9 str, was 8. Card text now reads "Boost self by 1 for each damaged or Cursed ally
Clan Shieldsmith - Now 9 str, was 7.
Flaminica - Now 9 str, was 8.
Clan Pirate - Now 11 str, was 9.
Clan Warrior - Now 12 str, was 11.

Seeing so many things named Clan X just looks stupid. Please revert it CDPR, or do you want to go through and rename every Nilfgaard and NR unit to "Soldier X"?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

:siren:Shupe's Big Adventure renamed to Shupe's Bizarre Adventure:siren:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

They should definitely do a consistency/cleanup pass on card names at some point before release, I for one am irrationally triggered by Doppler being a special card and not a unit

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Gaunter is actually viable now, no longer gives your enemy a card when you fail, instead you have 3 choices to guess strength: less than 6, equal to 6, greater than 6.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I sent my Shupe to mage school and he spawned 3 random hazards on the enemy rows :allears: RNR's meteor is gone, the weather animations are all instant.

Other choices included spawn a bronze/silver special from my deck and charm a random enemy token. I guess someone will brute force all his abilities soon.

e: jfc Gwent is gonna be a completely different game when this goes live, the new engine feels reeeeal weird and everything looks odd, on top of no more row limitations. Very strange.

Minera fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 18, 2017

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm gonna test sooo many Shupe decks

also here's all the effects I found out

Mage 4 STR
Knight 12 STR
Hunter 8 STR

I'm sure they already told these some time ago but its for the lazy

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Buffing Berserker Marauder to 9 base is actually a slight nerf, since it now is impossible to guarantee that Crach pulls Morkvarg out of the deck if you use them, so you lose on that guaranteed bit of carryover.
On the other hand, the Beastmaster are amazing. Pairing them with Djenge Frett and resurrects is some crazy tempo. I also like the changes to Harald Houndsnout, losing on the thinning hurts a bit but the guaranteed bear is very good in short rounds, when you don't have a huge board of cursed enemies or a way to damage your units. Playing Restore into Harald and Sigdrifa into Djenge is now at least a 43 point play, assuming you pulled Djenge out with Crach. I already used it to close games, and the added reliability will be welcome.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

LupusAter posted:

Buffing Berserker Marauder to 9 base is actually a slight nerf, since it now is impossible to guarantee that Crach pulls Morkvarg out of the deck if you use them, so you lose on that guaranteed bit of carryover.

The nerf is bigger than that. They get buffed by 1 for wounded OR cursed units, so they don't double up and buff themselves by 2 for each marauder you play beforehand, and for each damaged cursed unit you had. It's a pretty significant nerf. On the other hand, Warcrier is better.

quote:

On the other hand, the Beastmaster are amazing.

Oh yeah, definitely. They'll be core to any kind of beast or veteran deck, imo. They're better than Skirmishers were in most situations, especially if you restore them to slam 19 points on the board.

TBH new Skellige looks like it'll be as strong as ever, but Reddit is always decrying how the Priestess change means the total death of all Skellige deck diversity and that the faction will never recover. This is, uh, the fifth or sixth time that Skellige has died from nerfs, so I guess it's just thematic that they always come back even stronger from the grave each time.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
man scoia'tael are like the red-headed stepchild of this game

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Upcoming avatars and such can be seen on the trinkets tab. Letho is my favorite witcher character and his avatar is going to be locked behind top 1k in season 4 :sigh:

Why oh why, cdpr.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

did...did they make NG Spies better ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

frajaq posted:

did...did they make NG Spies better ???

What'd they change? The reworks are so massive I haven't seen any documentation for ALL the changes. Hell I missed some poo poo in my notes; Veterans are no longer soldier tag so they can't be pulled by battle maidens or rezzed by priestess.

But anyways i uninstalled the PTR so I can still do my dailies on live. I'll prob reinstall it and make a backup later. :v: