Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Hempuli posted:

This made me think of this thread:

https://twitter.com/ClydeMandelin/status/942069255587078144

Bobson Dugnutt of team Trailers

These are adorable!
http://legendsoflocalization.com/super-dunk-shot-super-famicom/
The BOSTON CELERIES?!
I want to play on that team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/942263438520324096

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

I.C. posted:

These are adorable!
The BOSTON CELERIES?!

Houston Pockets fan from day one

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Howard Beale posted:

Houston Pockets fan from day one

Never underestimate the health of a contender!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

EorayMel posted:

I bet the star wars expanded universe has a lot of jizz.

I remember reading that one about the green dude with the pheromones he uses to get leia all hot and bothered

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Len posted:

To be fair to the EU it isn't like it published books about tits. Nerds just went "OH poo poo STAR WARS HAS TITS" and furiously one handed typed up articles about it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
huh that's actually a pretty good Emil

this is funny on at least two levels

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

huh that's actually a pretty good Emil

this is funny on at least two levels

Care to enlighten us?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I.C. posted:

These are adorable!
The BOSTON CELERIES?!

I want a bootleg Charlotte Hornbills jersey super-bad

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Why
I
know
you
HAVE
BADTIME !!!!

(the genocide route is the good end)

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Former DILF posted:

I remember reading that one about the green dude with the pheromones he uses to get leia all hot and bothered

Prince Xizor. Ugh. Leia knees him in the balls.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Also, he has a personal AI that cannot pronounce his name correctly.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Xizor also has an assassin droid that looks like blonde woman. He fucks the droid. Also a chair that he sits in all day that massages him so he can get super buff without working out.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jerry Cotton posted:

Care to enlighten us?
level one: as you'd expect from this thread, that is not Sans from Undertale, so that is a mask "sans Undertale", as in sans meaning "without"

level two: that is a pretty reasonable ripoff Emil mask, from Nier, as worn constantly in public by the guy that made the Nier games:

(teeth are the wrong color but like, that's actually a reasonable quality bootleg of a completely different thing)

level three I guess: holy poo poo the teeth make it way fuckin creepier

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

level one: as you'd expect from this thread, that is not Sans from Undertale, so that is a mask "sans Undertale", as in sans meaning "without"

level two: that is a pretty reasonable ripoff Emil mask, from Nier, as worn constantly in public by the guy that made the Nier games:

(teeth are the wrong color but like, that's actually a reasonable quality bootleg of a completely different thing)

level three I guess: holy poo poo the teeth make it way fuckin creepier

level four: Toby Fox and Yoko Taro have started tweeting each other and apparently are really keen on the other's respective game. They would both probably get a laugh at the mixup.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Improbable Lobster posted:

Xizor also has an assassin droid that looks like blonde woman. He fucks the droid. Also a chair that he sits in all day that massages him so he can get super buff without working out.

So he's one of us is what you're saying?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KataraniSword posted:

level four: Toby Fox and Yoko Taro have started tweeting each other and apparently are really keen on the other's respective game. They would both probably get a laugh at the mixup.
poo poo, have they really? Yoko Taro liking Undertale doesn't surprise me at all but I am glad.

someone @ them on that bootleg tweet they might have a good laugh

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Former DILF posted:

Ah, Shadows of the Empire. A great N64 game, and a really, really bad book.

I always thought that "Dash Rendar" was the worst character name in all of fiction, until, well,

speak of the devil.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

They made a trading card of that, didn't they?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Wheat Loaf posted:

this is apopos of nothing but the inappropriate sex and card games angle on this reminds me of something I remember from my mtg days

Xxxenophile, Phil Fogio's pan-erotic tabletop cardgame is neither bootleg nor knockoff, but it did come about during an explosion of hacky product when Richard Garfield revolutionized tabletop gaming. i'll never ever have another better time to talk about it so here it is

:nws:
https://i.imgur.com/MRohJpM.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/e57Yuto.jpg
:nws:

i don't know if theres a complete collection of all the cardfaces but tbh i didnt even visit the second page of google or even read all of the first

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Wheat Loaf posted:

You know I was going to mention that but wasn’t sure if I was remembering it right or not. Either way it was Greg Hildebrant art (fine artist for the non-ubernerds in the thread, if you were into Star Wars or X-Men in the early 90s you’d recognize the style).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

You know I was going to mention that but wasn’t sure if I was remembering it right or not. Either way it was Greg Hildebrant art (fine artist for the non-ubernerds in the thread, if you were into Star Wars or X-Men in the early 90s you’d recognize the style).

I was never into the Star Wars trading cards, so I don't remember if it was an actual card or if it was, well, a bootleg.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Well that made the google image search a lot easier

And yeah, Star Wars nerds really should recognize their style

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DontMockMySmock posted:

I always thought that "Dash Rendar" was the worst character name in all of fiction, until, well,
[me]
speak of the devil.
It's always nice to have my username properly appreciated :3:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DontMockMySmock posted:

One word: Matter-Eater Lad.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I never read shadows but I did have the Dash Rendar action figure and he had a cool gun so the character is justified

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DontMockMySmock posted:

I believe there's a Han Solo stand-in character from the Old Republic mmo (never played it; could be from a tie-in novel which I've never read) called "Jet Nebula".

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Star Wars has a Dexter Jettster, but to be honest using SW for bad character names is almost cheating.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

My husband and I went to go see the Last Jedi Friday and he told me it was hard to keep track of how all the characters connected to each other (watching Game of Thrones is a loving nightmare with him btw) and I started to explain about all the stupid EU books I read back in junior high and I tried to explain Dark Saber, where this classic image is from, but words can't really capture how loving stupid these books are. Like, the part in Dark Saber where Han and Leia visit the Hutt planet and are segregated into the inferior human pool that's nice water and the Hutts have the swamp water pool during negotiations and C-3PO is there and it's all very weird.

So sick of all these Star Wars. So many lives so stupidly lost.

So stupidly entertaining I reread them from time to time. I never finished Crime and Punishment, but I read The Courtship of Princess Leia twice and The Crystal Star probably three times.

e-Speaking of stupid names, there's Qwi Xux, the feather headed blue woman who designed the Death Star.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dash Rendar's death is amazing. "whoops, flew into an asteroid, that's the end of me!"

Can we have a thread to talk about the stupidity of the Star Wars EU? Not that I hate this derail, quite the contrary, but there's not a whole lot of bootleg discussion amidst it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Ralph Crammed In posted:

So sick of all these Star Wars. So many lives so stupidly lost.

YES!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiqPmsBYieA&t=52s

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Rough Lobster posted:

Star Wars has a Dexter Jettster, but to be honest using SW for bad character names is almost cheating.

https://youtu.be/lbLqiKg9JkA

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Dash Rendar's death is amazing. "whoops, flew into an asteroid, that's the end of me!"

That was pretty nakedly blowing the doors wide open for a sequel...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

This seems relevant...

https://soundcloud.com/ironicus/bounty-rap

(Sadly not real Star Wars, but the Campaign podcast should really be just as canon as the EU.)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I thought it's going to be this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-R070qHYw

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Invictus posted:

Can we have a thread to talk about the stupidity of the Star Wars EU? Not that I hate this derail, quite the contrary, but there's not a whole lot of bootleg discussion amidst it.

Star Wars thread in Book Barn does that from time to time.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Derek Jeter sounds like a star wars name

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Shoombo posted:

Spelled Der-Ek Jiiter though.

Also, Shoombo sounds like a star wars name.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Shoombo posted:

So does yankee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Captain Invictus posted:

namewise, that "Leet Haxor" name is no longer canon(?) but loving Elan Sleazebaggano is.