Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

only characters & the green obstacles
Remember that green obstacles can be displaced just like aristos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah lol, when we realised that it blew the game wide open again.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Pierzak posted:

Remember that green obstacles can be displaced just like aristos.

holy poo poo

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

holy poo poo
it literally doubles 8-balls value :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdqKnxMN-8U
Awww yes

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 18, 2017

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Sure would be cool if they could name the models in the video, for those of us who don't recognise them on sight.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That and the lovely Dutch angles.

The models are Highlander Grey w/HMG, Croc Men (repack), Die Morlock Gruppe, Charontid w/Plasma Rifle, Warcor w/fidget spinner, Thorakitai, Igao (repack) & Maximus Spartan skin for Aristeia.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
That would also be nice! Those Croc Men look so dumb.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

New shines

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
God drat that charontid is buff.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cassa posted:

That would also be nice! Those Croc Men look so dumb.

The hacker is from early 2009 which is why it made sense to "resculpt" the perfectly fine Morlocks from 2012.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

The hacker is from early 2009 which is why it made sense to "resculpt" the perfectly fine Morlocks from 2012.
Have you seen Suicide Squad it's a totally awesome movie and it'd be great if we could cash i- *gets shat on by people pissed off with half of Bakunin being references and also those who hated SS*

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Pierzak posted:

Have you seen Suicide Squad it's a totally awesome movie and it'd be great if we could cash i- *gets shat on by people pissed off with half of Bakunin being references and also those who hated SS*

As much as it was a trash movie, it sold really well, and the Suicide Squad related comics rose to huge popularity after the movie came out, 4 of the top 10 comics in Sept 2016 were staring Harley Quinn, and one was the top seller, and that top Harley comic ended up being the #3 top selling comic of 2016.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Yeah, but in Bakunin you have most of the cast of Suicide Squad, the entirety of the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy minus Rocket (who I'm sure will be a Pupnik option) and Quill (who is the PanO Locust), Colossus, Major Kusanagi, and Sun Wukong, at the very least. There's a limit to how hard you play your dumb reference hand. They're really overdoing it in this one sectorial.

Like, USARF has Captain America If You Squint, cool. Caledonia has the cast of Highlander, eh, okay. But the grotty cyberpunk faction seems like a dumping ground for whatever idle thought strikes the sculpting team as of late.

Secretly I'm actually upset that this covert-ops game doesn't have any Metal Gear characters, but drat, pump the brakes every so often.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

Secretly I'm actually upset that this covert-ops game doesn't have any Metal Gear characters

Ahem.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Snake doesn't use a longarm and a knife at the same time in any Metal Gear game. :colbert:

Also knifegun dude in the new Ghulam box looks even less like him. Doesn't even have a beard!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

grassy gnoll posted:

Yeah, but in Bakunin you have most of the cast of Suicide Squad, the entirety of the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy minus Rocket (who I'm sure will be a Pupnik option) and Quill (who is the PanO Locust), Colossus, Major Kusanagi, and Sun Wukong, at the very least. There's a limit to how hard you play your dumb reference hand. They're really overdoing it in this one sectorial.

Like, USARF has Captain America If You Squint, cool. Caledonia has the cast of Highlander, eh, okay. But the grotty cyberpunk faction seems like a dumping ground for whatever idle thought strikes the sculpting team as of late.

Secretly I'm actually upset that this covert-ops game doesn't have any Metal Gear characters, but drat, pump the brakes every so often.

...are people actually upset that a sectorial of freaky people who cosplay as a lifestyle choice, up to and including body modification to do it, are comic book references? gently caress, those could be legitimate canon characters on the ship who had their bodies modified to look like comic book characters, because that is the type of freaky poo poo that Bakunin does.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

Mistral from Metal Gear Rising as the next sepsitorised character please. Replace the arms with Fraacta wings or something.

Khisanth Magus posted:

...are people actually upset that a sectorial of freaky people who cosplay as a lifestyle choice, up to and including body modification to do it, are comic book references? gently caress, those could be legitimate canon characters on the ship who had their bodies modified to look like comic book characters, because that is the type of freaky poo poo that Bakunin does.
Nerds will literally gripe about anything. Like that the old CA sculpts actually legit look better than the new ones lol

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I love my Colossus Morlock, and I eagerly await the day they make a new Kusanagi that's up to current line standards. But when it's impossible for me to field a Morlock or a Moderator without it being a comic book super hero movie reference, that's a bit much.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I didn't expect changing my main army from JSA to Bakunin would lead to MORE animu trash in my Infinity!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Nerds will literally gripe about anything. Like that the old CA sculpts actually legit look better than the new ones lol
Hey gently caress you buddy, the fact that you have no taste doesn't mean you have to inflict it on the rest of us :colbert:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Well I wouldn’t say ‘people are upset’ although there are one or two entitled pricks on the internet who seem to like nothing and complain about every new release to a surprising degree. I’d say that some people would prefer a generic, non-referential art direction for their models. If i’m honest I agree, I’d rather the models had conventional infinity kit than big hammers etc as well. That’s personal taste for you. Not the end of the world though, I don’t even happen to play Bakunin and if I did I could always proxy jaguars or mutts.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

Hey gently caress you buddy, the fact that you have no taste doesn't mean you have to inflict it on the rest of us :colbert:
Exhibit a ladies and gentlemen

Also go paint your models

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Like that the old CA sculpts actually legit look better than the new ones lol

sorry about your brain issues, flip

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I would just like to reiterate that Bakunin is a ship full of people who are basically the pinnacle of anime/comic/video game fans who are perfectly happy to do body modification to turn themselves into catgirls and poo poo. Why the gently caress would you play that sectorial and then be upset that the models are exactly what you can expect out of a group of people like that?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Queue the furry infinity pics

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

What if Bakunin is just historical reenactors of cosplayers instead of cosplayers :thunk:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
More steampunk enthusiasts, really.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Khisanth Magus posted:

I would just like to reiterate that Bakunin is a ship full of people who are basically the pinnacle of anime/comic/video game fans who are perfectly happy to do body modification to turn themselves into catgirls and poo poo. Why the gently caress would you play that sectorial and then be upset that the models are exactly what you can expect out of a group of people like that?

Illegal crazy biomodification is my jam, yo.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

sorry about your brain issues, flip
Brain issues aside the old ones don't look good man cmon

Also after seeing other pics the new morlocks look okay. I think they look best mixed in with older ones

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

in addition to fandoms going wild on Bakunin, ALEPH seems to be the biggest Age of Empires 2 fan in the universe

I really don't like the overly referential stuff, the recolored joker especially casts a vibe of a chinese mobile game or a bootleg bag

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Holy poo poo, the parts division on the staldron :aaaaa: One of the parts is head + left arm + left leg + half of the tactical junk, all cast together.

fatherboxx posted:

in addition to fandoms going wild on Bakunin, ALEPH seems to be the biggest Age of Empires 2 fan in the universe
"Wololo!" - the Avatar

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah the Nexus, Pneumarch and Staldron alll are built sorta like that. The Nexus is just two pieces.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
I like it, but the staldron is such a spindly unit mine came twisted and I still don't think I've got it lining up correctly

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i would like some deva/asura resculpts please, and more vedic in general drat it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Brain issues aside the old ones don't look good man cmon

The Charontid is silly but so is the new one. The Anathematic owns. The new Avatar is cool but it just looks like some big monster. The old one looks way more like something an unknowable alien intelligence would inhabit.

Clawtopsy posted:

i would like some deva/asura resculpts please, and more vedic in general drat it

I really want to see a new Asura.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

Don't worry, we'll have Varuna real soon now! That's pretty much the same!

I think the Devas are pretty okay, apart from the male Deva with the enormous raver pants.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I finished a friend's christmas present last night.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
What a champ, good work!

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
That Mormaer looks amazing, and the rest also good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Thanks, fellas.

Here's my Mormaer recipe, if you ever want to replicate that rough metal look.

Start with zenethial priming, since this makes everything incredibly easy - the Wulver's uniform is just a coat of green and a black ink wash, ferinstance.

Get some gloss black primer, and thin it about 50-50 primer-to-medium. You want to get it to the point where it's just getting grainy and about to break the pigment for the texture, but still a little shiny once it dries.

Your base metal is 3:1 black metallic and glaze medium. Do the edge highlights really sloppily for some grainy texture with a medium metal - it'll pop pretty hard against the darker shade.

Slap on some ink wash once you're done, and pool it really thick in seams and along rivets.

That's it. I spent more time futzing around with trying to highlight hair and beards than I did on the entire Mormaer.

• Locked thread