Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Alpha Mayo posted:

Yeah I don't care about Steam. I have like 5 videogame launchers on my PC right now (Blizzard, Steam, Uplay, Origin, GMG).

Though actually since the Steam sale is around the corner, maybe I will just get it through steam. Apparently all the packages went on sale in November and lately Steam just mirrors the same sale for their Christmas sale.

Plus I can't really commit to reaching any level. I could just get bored and stop playing, and would hate for someone not to get their rewards because of that. How many hours would it take for a new player to reach 30 anyway?

Like 3. But free guest passes are plentiful to get, and you can get 50 in a day. Get 30, if you like it, you can probably find a full game pass out there. Founders get a value pack if they give one of their game codes to someone with a level 30 character. I've given all mine out, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Ah I thought getting to 30 would take like 1-2 weeks. I guess I'll get started with the free 7 days and see if I like it. Download took forever.

JimmyTurtle
Jun 20, 2010

The Tribbles Ate My Loot!
Apparently KAKAO games, the ones administering BDO in the US and EU are quite incompetent when it comes to STEAM integration. They might think they were smart making it so that STEAM users never have to log in...but theres a big downside to that.

Namely: STEAM users can't use any promo codes, nor can they get or send guest passes with all that entails, meaning no love for fellow goons nor cheap OP pets etc!

I suggest that the OP puts this in the, err, OP.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

You can currently get one character slot at the cost of a single loyalty point. The game throws 100 of those at you every day.

For older players they also increased the cap from 14 to 15 characters.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I started playing this a couple of weeks ago again. I had made a witch a couple of months ago but found it to be really boring so this time I made a tamer instead. Halfway through 57 now and still enjoying it. I got PK'd for the first time tonight twice by the same guy at sausans. He told me 'you're wasting your time,' I replied with 'nah I'm wasting yours' and he hosed off after that. A++ would die again.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Minnesota Mixup posted:

I started playing this a couple of weeks ago again. I had made a witch a couple of months ago but found it to be really boring so this time I made a tamer instead. Halfway through 57 now and still enjoying it. I got PK'd for the first time tonight twice by the same guy at sausans. He told me 'you're wasting your time,' I replied with 'nah I'm wasting yours' and he hosed off after that. A++ would die again.

BDO has this really weird pvp mentality. When someone kills you their karma drops and if it goes too low they end up in the metaphorical dog house.

So you kill mobs.
The player kills mobs
The player then kills you to get more mobs, But because this drops his karma. The player is also deeply offended by you making him kill you. So they have to try to convince you to leave instead to save their karma.

This leads to the most :psyduck: exchanges where you are the villain for being killed and your killer takes grave offence at every kill because you are being unreasonable for not leaving a spot that you probably came to first anyway.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

sausans is sort of the exception since it's such a contested solo spot so it's anything goes there, but there's a ton of choices for leveling around that point that if i couldn't find a sausans rotation open i'd just go to bandits or cadrys or whatever since those are almost always open and even better money most of the time

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

except i lied and the past week has been spent with friends doing 4-5 wizwitch shultz groups constantly and absolutely no one can contest or they get popped out of existence

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

but then again shultz is a bit more friendly and we'll just party up random solos just to have more aggro mobs to instantly pop so it'd prob still be worth attempting i guess

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Katt posted:

BDO has this really weird pvp mentality. When someone kills you their karma drops and if it goes too low they end up in the metaphorical dog house.

So you kill mobs.
The player kills mobs
The player then kills you to get more mobs, But because this drops his karma. The player is also deeply offended by you making him kill you. So they have to try to convince you to leave instead to save their karma.

This leads to the most :psyduck: exchanges where you are the villain for being killed and your killer takes grave offence at every kill because you are being unreasonable for not leaving a spot that you probably came to first anyway.

Notably they scream and cry about this on forums but not in game chat, where they would be mercilessly mocked and laughed at.

Especially since there is a dedicated no karma loss PVP channel to go to now so they can't claim they don't have any other options.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

DancingShade posted:

Notably they scream and cry about this on forums but not in game chat, where they would be mercilessly mocked and laughed at.

Especially since there is a dedicated no karma loss PVP channel to go to now so they can't claim they don't have any other options.

Maybe true now but a couple of months ago every time someone would bring this issue up in the chat the overwhelming majority were subscribers to the idea that "karmabombing" is a thing and that the PK's that incur karma when trying to claim a spot are the actual victims.

This is also how it is over on reddit and other cesspools of lovely opinions

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

Maybe true now but a couple of months ago every time someone would bring this issue up in the chat the overwhelming majority were subscribers to the idea that "karmabombing" is a thing and that the PK's that incur karma when trying to claim a spot are the actual victims.

This is also how it is over on reddit and other cesspools of lovely opinions

Must be a time zone thing. Haven't seen one in ages.

Or maybe the no negative consequences PVP channel opening did its thing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Punching things is fun. Machine fist things all day long

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Some idiots tried to force me out of Elrics last night.

Little did they know I stripped my DK for gear and they couldn't hurt me. And then they died

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Must be a time zone thing. Haven't seen one in ages.

Or maybe the no negative consequences PVP channel opening did its thing.

Possibly a region thing, i play on EU.

Then agian, i saw the same type of behavior when i played on US a ~year ago

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I got a lot of free time at the moment, I'll commit to leveling to 30 if someone wants to guest pass my bitch rear end. Especially if it only takes an hour.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

6A7E1GA-IIVDL1B-R9T3415-VUC5S

here you go

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

just to clarify, you guys are talking about when you already had a rotation set up and someone else comes in to try to bully you out, right? not the other way around?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

6A7E1GA-IIVDL1B-R9T3415-VUC5S

here you go

Redeemed and downloadin'

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Futaba Anzu posted:

just to clarify, you guys are talking about when you already had a rotation set up and someone else comes in to try to bully you out, right? not the other way around?

That's what happened to me yes.

J
Jun 10, 2001

In case anyone wanted to use Bheg's weapons on a character, looks like the new class is exactly that.,

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug
Edit: all set, thanks

Slack Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 19, 2017

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Slack Motherfucker posted:

I'm level 22 and doing a bunch of gathering stuff at the moment, but I should hit 30 tonight. Can anyone hook me up with a game code?

If nobody else does before I get home I have some codes on my account that I don't know what they do if you want to try one

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I have uninstalled this game 3 times now. For some reason I always come back here and read the posts here like an idiot knowing it will make me want to reinstall again. There were some things about this game I really liked. I just know that once I do reinstall I will learn rather quickly (again) that in the end this game is nothing but a never ending grind fest. I was big into cooking and production, which is a grind itself because of material bottlenecks. After a few months I realized there was no point to anything I was doing. I'm making all this stuff for what? Silver? What am I gonna do with silver? Buy more gear to go grind with? I don't want to grind and at this stage in the game I would NEVER catch up to the poopsock pvpers. Money in this game means nothing because the only meaningful thing you can spend it on is gear. Why do I need gear if I don't want to kill the same npc over and over and over and over? Sorry for the rant, I'm just talking myself out of wasting the bandwidth lol.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I actually like how boiled down progress is in this game but it is Def a very big preference thing

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Every non narrative driven video game involves doing a thing until a number goes up or a pleasing sound plays.

Either you find the thing you do for the positive feedback fun or you don't.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

BubbaGrace posted:

I have uninstalled this game 3 times now. For some reason I always come back here and read the posts here like an idiot knowing it will make me want to reinstall again. There were some things about this game I really liked. I just know that once I do reinstall I will learn rather quickly (again) that in the end this game is nothing but a never ending grind fest. I was big into cooking and production, which is a grind itself because of material bottlenecks. After a few months I realized there was no point to anything I was doing. I'm making all this stuff for what? Silver? What am I gonna do with silver? Buy more gear to go grind with? I don't want to grind and at this stage in the game I would NEVER catch up to the poopsock pvpers. Money in this game means nothing because the only meaningful thing you can spend it on is gear. Why do I need gear if I don't want to kill the same npc over and over and over and over? Sorry for the rant, I'm just talking myself out of wasting the bandwidth lol.

Do what you find fun, not what the community says you need to do.

I log on, kill some enemies in this nice looking action mmo with fun combat, and log off again. I don't give a poo poo about the meta, or which classes are good or not, or optimal xp per hour or whatever. My gear is DUO grunil and some PRI blue jewellery, and +15 green weapons. Plenty enough to have fun.

These Korean grindfest MMOs are sold as PVP MMOs but hid the fact that the PVP complete poo poo (entirely gear and class based) behind a never ending grind that most people will give up on before discovering the fact. If you treat this as a PVE MMO where you don't need to "keep up with the meta" and just play to enjoy the game you will find a quite alright PVE mmo underneath.

gently caress workers, crafting, CP, afk crafting at every opportunity or every night etc. All that poo poo just made the game feel like a job.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Most of my hours in BDO are with a fishing rod and the client minimized while I play other games or do whatever.

Sandboxes are what you make of them.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ineptitude posted:

Do what you find fun, not what the community says you need to do.

I log on, kill some enemies in this nice looking action mmo with fun combat, and log off again. I don't give a poo poo about the meta, or which classes are good or not, or optimal xp per hour or whatever. My gear is DUO grunil and some PRI blue jewellery, and +15 green weapons. Plenty enough to have fun.

These Korean grindfest MMOs are sold as PVP MMOs but hid the fact that the PVP complete poo poo (entirely gear and class based) behind a never ending grind that most people will give up on before discovering the fact. If you treat this as a PVE MMO where you don't need to "keep up with the meta" and just play to enjoy the game you will find a quite alright PVE mmo underneath.

gently caress workers, crafting, CP, afk crafting at every opportunity or every night etc. All that poo poo just made the game feel like a job.

node wars are actually pretty fun on a grand scale level thing

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ineptitude posted:

I just got to 30. I'm with you on this. I don't care about any of the things that are going on in this video game that aren't killing dudes because killing dudes is very fun. My pretty princessing got a little bit out of hand because I spent a couple hours making sure my character's eyes was juuuuuust right but I'm very happy with it.

Killing dudes is fun. Playing dressup is fun. Both of those this game offers in spades. I don't know anything about the crafting or whatever beyond these two, and the UI is an absolute mess.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BubbaGrace posted:

Ive done the same probably more than you. I dont mind running content I've done before if punching things still feels good and I'm hitting things slightly differently. I do it almost every 3 months anyways whenever POE starts a new league.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Granted my last leveling character was dark knight, which is made out of paper but Mystic has to be one of the tankiest characters Ive played. Helms? No loving problem when everything is deep red/purple. Barely any damage and I could just recover it in a blink of an eye with 2 different healing punches.

Also its the first time things dont die immediately after punching them once so now I can actually go all fist of the north star on these mobs. Holy poo poo does it sound like a loving machine gun and cannon when playing her.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

There's currently 50% discount on all the game packages.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
If i wanted a hedgehog pet, can I purchase the gift pack and just send it to another email, and just level up a character to 30 to get it on my main account? What would be the best class to do this with no gear?

Nef Arious
Oct 14, 2012

For the hedgehog, probably simpler to just buy the amerigo's welcome pack on the pearl shop. Comes with a value pack and some other stuff as well.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

HotBobaloo posted:

If i wanted a hedgehog pet, can I purchase the gift pack and just send it to another email, and just level up a character to 30 to get it on my main account? What would be the best class to do this with no gear?

just get a 56+ friend to power level you for like 30 minutes

J
Jun 10, 2001

HotBobaloo posted:

Yeah you can send the gift passes to your own other email address/accounts and level them up for hedgehog pets. I dunno if it's the absolute best option but striker is really easy to get to 30 fast on a fresh account. Regardless of what class you pick, follow the main black spirit quests until it sends you to the ancient stone chamber and you inspect the object in there. That unlocks enhancing in the black spirit menu. Then grab the weapon blackstones from your day1 attendance reward and use them all on your weapon, it'll end up anywhere from +7-+10 depending on how lucky you are. Head south from the ancient stone chamber around the mountains to the altar imps. Once you get to the altar imps use your daily 200% 1 hour experience buff. Start moving east through the altar imp area and beat them up as you go. No need to do any rotations here, just keep heading east. The imps you kill naturally along the way should get you enough levels. Then head south of heidel to the swamp naga area. Start moving southwest through the swamps beating up swamp nagas and fogans. Again, no need to do rotations, just beat up whatever is in the way. Once you get to the end of the swamp area, bloody monastery should be just south/southwest of you. Go there and finish leveling to 30. The whole process can be done in like 35-45 minutes.

Once you get the account to 30 and have used the full game pass on it, it'll take several hours until you can actually redeem the reward on the account page for your main account. It creates a coupon on your main account page that you actually have to claim there before you get the reward sent in-game.Once that coupon is visible though and you claim it, you should have the reward in your in-game mail right away.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

HotBobaloo posted:

Yupp I did this with several accounts.

Activate your free 7 day value pack
Get to level 11 and finish the wolf quest to get out of the tutorial.
run to Velia and put the armor black stones you got as login reward on the market cheap.

Do the same with character 2.

Go back to character 1 and collect the silver from the market, use it to buy:
Ultimate styg weapon
a sub weapon
a Talia set (runspeed)
full set of bares accessories (ap)
xp potions
milk tea
health potions (or from a vendor)

Drink the tea, activate your grind bonus and keep drinking xp potions

Then do this route:

It should take about an hour per character

Here's a service that lets you create instant emails

https://www.emailondeck.com/

Katt fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 24, 2017

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Thanks guys, looks like ill be doing this soon. Hedgehog here I come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Hi I got this game for 5 bux. I hope it doesn’t suck.