Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So I went from 800~ to 2300 crystals from that, so now I guess I'm just gonna save up for Magneto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The rebate bumped me up over 2K which makes it tempting to save for a mega ticket. But I'll probably just grab Wolverine, Ragnarok Hulk, and some others at the next sale.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
Is it worth it to upgrade the processor in the Lab if I'm trying to get universal biometrics for the new characters? Mine is currently level 10 (10% jackpot chance) and I was wondering if I should upgrade or go ahead and keep using my anti matter.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I somehow stumbled into enough mats to T2 Kate Bishop the long way, is she worth it? I heard she's decent as a striker. For the record I'm at SL15 and can't do ultimate world boss yet. I'm getting to ABX most days but haven't quite hit 100k. If I don't T2 her, the mats will go towards Quicksilver's gear (he's doing fine at 4x15) or Proxima's gear. Ancient One is my next closest at 20/17/15/15, not counting the x-peeps who use their own mats.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

bagrada posted:

I somehow stumbled into enough mats to T2 Kate Bishop the long way, is she worth it? I heard she's decent as a striker. For the record I'm at SL15 and can't do ultimate world boss yet. I'm getting to ABX most days but haven't quite hit 100k. If I don't T2 her, the mats will go towards Quicksilver's gear (he's doing fine at 4x15) or Proxima's gear. Ancient One is my next closest at 20/17/15/15, not counting the x-peeps who use their own mats.

Kate is fine, but I don't think she's essential at T2 - there's quite a few Speed heroes you'd want to prioritize over her at this point. If your roster isn't particularly big, I think you're better off using your BAM to level up someone like Corvus or Supergiant, as they'll help you get further than taking Quicksilver or Proxima's gears from 4x15 to 4x20. As an added plus, this way you already have 150 bios to feed one of them.

blue.eyed.ash fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 14, 2017

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Gaussian posted:

Is it worth it to upgrade the processor in the Lab if I'm trying to get universal biometrics for the new characters? Mine is currently level 10 (10% jackpot chance) and I was wondering if I should upgrade or go ahead and keep using my anti matter.

I THINK past level 10 it's all just 'here, make more types of things' and not jackpot chance increases. But even then after... 13, I think? You can make x-gene rank up mats which might be worth it to you.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

blue.eyed.ash posted:

Kate is fine, but I don't think she's essential at T2 - there's quite a few Speed heroes you'd want to prioritize over her at this point. If your roster isn't particularly big, I think you're better off using your BAM to level up someone like Corvus or Supergiant, as they'll help you get further than taking Quicksilver or Proxima's gears from 4x15 to 4x20. As an added plus, this way you already have 150 bios to feed one of them.

Thanks will do.

I'm debating taking the processor the rest of the way up for costume kits, I'm 200ish away from mythic ragnathor and the other good card and its going pretty slow just grinding dimension rifts.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

gamora does energy damage on that skill now so shes objectively worse, cos hybrids blow themselves up in reflect stages

fortunately it looks like a full iframe so she wont take reflect damage

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Well, don't worry, if you don't like a character who has appeared in the last 10 years of marvel movies they'll get a rework...

... in their Avengers: Infinity War new costume.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Network42 posted:

I spent my refund crystals on another ultimate box (because I don't learn from previous mistakes) and I got a 6* blue marvel. I already have blue marvel at 6/60, so I said to myself "alright, maybe I'll get super lucky and be able to t2 him". Turns out for some reason I only got 64 bios from getting a 6* blue marvel. The feelbads on this update are off the charts.

That sucks. I got Anti-Man with one of my boxes and later got 240 bios of him from another box.
That was enough to get him to 20/20/19/18. So I am going to have to see if they introduce another way of getting bios for him or if I just need to use the Processor.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Gaussian posted:

KaosMachina posted:

I THINK past level 10 it's all just 'here, make more types of things' and not jackpot chance increases. But even then after... 13, I think? You can make x-gene rank up mats which might be worth it to you.

You're correct, my processor is 13 and it still says 10% chance

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Anyone know anything about Quasar?

I neglected to re-up bio sub in protest of the boxes, but now that NM said at least no more in the future & she's the only character missing from my roster, I'd pay :10bux: to complete my collection

(I only have 4 characters left to finish for everyone 6/6/60!!! Years in the making)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Anyone know anything about Quasar?

I neglected to re-up bio sub in protest of the boxes, but now that NM said at least no more in the future & she's the only character missing from my roster, I'd pay :10bux: to complete my collection

(I only have 4 characters left to finish for everyone 6/6/60!!! Years in the making)

She's solid but not amazing. Above America Chavez but below the power three of Anti-Man, Blue Marvel and Nova. I read that her issue is the delay between her skills going off and her iframes. Her abilities do look cool.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

bagrada posted:

She's solid but not amazing.

Ah okay, thanks.

If she was good I'd use some rank up tickets I had but in that case I'll just 6/6/60 her

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Since even with a MRUT you can probably only T2 one paywall with a bio sub, is Valk the best choice these days? I already have Carny T2 + Enchant 6* + Ironheart 6*. Valk seems like she's the most useful content-wise for WBU specifically. Spiderman 2099 is a right bastard for PVP (though I care about Conquest more than timeline) so he'd be number 2 on my T2 target list. Space Venom and Quasar seem about the same tier, great but not game changing. Safe to keep at T1. That all sound about right?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

guys i did it. I finally did it.

now in 2 more months of grinding when I have 150 of her bios stocked I can stop. Right?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

right

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
You can stop any time you want to man, you're not an addict at all.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Is Hawk's Eye good enough for Cylops? I've spent probably 4 million gold trying to roll an attack set and one finally popped up.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

plainswalker75 posted:

Is Hawk's Eye good enough for Cylops? I've spent probably 4 million gold trying to roll an attack set and one finally popped up.

Yeah it's perfectly fine. I always keep Overdrive, Power of Angry Hulk or Hawk's Eye if I land on them. They all get the job done.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Difference is not huge but there is one. Has to do with the regular bonuses, not the proc. All three damage sets give all attack and crit rate. For the other three bonuses, Hawk's eye gives:

Crit damage
Dodge
Cooldown reduction

PoAH gives:
Attack speed
all defense
ignore defense

Overdrive gives:
all defense
crit dam
ignore defense.

Since you (should be) trying to cap out CDR through cards and stuff across the board, that means you're wasting the slot if you get some from an ISO set you don't need. Dodge is also pretty poor. POAH is usually regarded as the best one because it gives you more space for chaotic norns so you can squeeze more attack in there.

but this is all min/max poo poo most of the time you won't notice the difference if you're missing out on 8% attack speed or whatever.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah Hawks Eye is fine for Cyclops but is honestly an inferior choice for anyone you think you're gonna like... awaken an ISO on.

I never settle for Hawks Eye and I always have 30-60m gold, it's not game breaking to only settle for PoAH/OD

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Yeah, if it were Jean it'd be a different story, but I'm probably only ever going to use him for Shadowlands and he's already kicking rear end there at base T2. Thanks!

Next question, I finally Mythic'ed RagnaThor and got the following:

Should I re-roll?

Here's the rest of my cards, in order of likely replacement:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't worry too much about what 8 set I have these days as long as it has All Attack. Now that I've mostly figured out Urus and think I've gotten a handle on cards I feel like I can always supplement skills with obelisks and urus if needed. I'm kind of figuring it out on a case by case basis. Cyclops has a set role in Shadowland for me on that She Hulk/Jessica Jones floor so he's just fine the way he is. When I have a character I think could be useful but isn't pulling it off I work on them. I beefed up Storm last week to take down the late Kingpin stage when she was coming close but falling short. A bunch of energy URUs later and a few obelisks rerolls to get the % thing and she cleared. That's kind of the process I'm working my roster through now.

Right now my priorities are (a) being able to get 100K in AXB every day and (b) getting the last couple of floors in Shadowland. For (b) I'm switching from Scarlet Witch/Apocalypse to the Black Order, I think, to give myself a few more universal villains so I either have them for Floor 28 (which is where I'm stuck right now) or save Loki for it. For AXB I can clear 100K with Phoenix and Loki easily, Wolverine, Quicksilver, and Strange with some inconsistency, and am trying to beef up Carnage and Thor to get them there. I'm also debating T2ing Blue Marvel to see if he can fill the Universal Hero role. I'll have to make a challenge run with Cable now that I have him mostly finished to see if he can do better than Strange.

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no

plainswalker75 posted:

Should I re-roll?

I’d keep rerolling until you get all attack as a secondary and a higher quality. I’d do the same with your Loki #1 card as well. The important stats are fixed so you can’t really mess them up too badly.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

Yeah, if it were Jean it'd be a different story, but I'm probably only ever going to use him for Shadowlands and he's already kicking rear end there at base T2. Thanks!

Should I re-roll?

Here's the rest of my cards, in order of likely replacement:

It replaces the punisher, and then re-roll it in slot until you get AA

Bonus: your next easiest upgrade after that is to re-roll Loki for ignore def

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Just starting out, I applied to join Goonlactus, username is HidaOWin. Cheers guys.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Rockin' a pretty full T2 roster these days, wondering if anybody has anything to say about these duders at T2 :

Shang-Chi, Titania, Kaecilius, Star-Lord and Rocket (both with GotG2 'stumes), Crystal (uni), Miles Morales

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

kaecilius has great dmg and decent iframes
miles is fragile but good DPS
crystal is great, i use her to do non reflect rumbles
racon is a very nice young man

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Is Jessica Jones worth T2ing? Keep in mind I have a T2 Hobofist and a 6/6/60 Luke Cage I'm planning on T2ing now that the Story Mode Character stuff has been reduced in cost. Plus if I ever get a MRUT, I'm planning on spending it on Blue Marvel who has a great team bonus with Luke and Jessica. And I guess she might be getting a new costume come S2 of her show...

I kinda answered my own question in trying to justify it, didn't I.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there a trick to getting Blue Marvel or Nova bios out of the processer or do I just need to keep shoveling norn stones into it hoping i hit jackpots?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Just keep on shoveling.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Maybe wait until Christmas and see if they have some special loot box for them?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Is there a trick to getting Blue Marvel or Nova bios out of the processer or do I just need to keep shoveling norn stones into it hoping i hit jackpots?

just do it for 9 months or so and you should be good

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Rockin' a pretty full T2 roster these days, wondering if anybody has anything to say about these duders at T2 :

Shang-Chi, Titania, Kaecilius, Star-Lord and Rocket (both with GotG2 'stumes), Crystal (uni), Miles Morales

Crystal is one, maybe two tiers above everyone in that list.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Kaecilius is a very flexible Shadowland pick, being a villain with lots of aoe, and is a rare blast physical damage dealer.

Shang Chi's ok but nothing special.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So I've got to the stage in the epic quests where they are asking for like 1,000 Norn stones. Should I be saving up for them, or should I be using my Norn stones to increase mastery on my pool of decent heroes for now and worrying about the epic quests later?

Also when doing the co-op world boss what factors determine the quality of the loot boxes you get? I have a level 60 team now with Loki, Thor and Heimdall, but even with them I usually only get a common box. I got a purple one with a level 50 Sharon Rodgers once, but I am not sure what I did different (unless it's completely random?)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

its random, as far as i know its totally random but its possible that the quality of your characters factors in somehow.

its probably optimal to use your norns on decent characters until your roster is strong enough to do 5 world boss clears most days, but i guess it depends on whether bios or norns are your bottleneck at the moment

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Wow what a lovely holiday event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

make sure you buy those hidden tix in the alliance shop every day