Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I regret not being able to check my local costco for the supposed pallets full of metroplexes they had. Fort max is cool but I like the colors of metroplex better.

Well, at least I'll have me a trypticon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Knormal posted:

Metroplex and Devastator disappeared pretty quick. But Hasbro seems to have figured out how many titans to make since then.

Unrelated, I bought Hot Soldiers Ironhide and hate him, since the entire top half of his van mode just comes off and sits on the side in robot mode. I really have to start watching video reviews of all third-party figures, even though I hate spoiling the transformations. Anyway, anyone want him for $10 plus shipping? Complete, with all accessories and everything, I literally took him out, transformed him once, and put him back.

What scale is he roughly(too lazy to look him up)?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He's a legends scale figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

He’s not great, but he’s cheap and fun. Same with Ratchet. They really could have figured some way to make the roof work better though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So has anyone had trouble with TR Blitzwing's knees not folding up properly? There's apparently a fix on Seibertron.com but it involves cutting a bunch out of the joint...

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Mine doesn't really tab together nicely but I don't know if that is caused by knees not folding up. Cutting the joint sounds scary.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So has anyone had trouble with TR Blitzwing's knees not folding up properly? There's apparently a fix on Seibertron.com but it involves cutting a bunch out of the joint...

You don't have to do any cutting, you just have to push harder than you think you do.

here's an explanation with pictures

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/titan-returns-appreciation-thread.1055780/page-841#post-14628067

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I got them to fold completely with a little Excess Force. I left the feet unfolded and had to sort of mash the entire shin assembly forward, while pushing down on the knee joint, but with some finessing it did tab in. The foot still folds up once you've got the leg tabbed. It's gotten easier after a few transformations, too.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
My wife is so loving awesome. She let me get Trypticon for Christmas. I just can't open him until then. But still...!! TRYPTICON!!!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
This is what happens when my QA team asks me for names for test cases:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

My wife is so loving awesome. She let me get Trypticon for Christmas. I just can't open him until then. But still...!! TRYPTICON!!!

Sounds like a keeper, you better marry that girl.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So is there any reason we haven't gotten a new Unicron figure in ages?

Like a properly G1 inspired one, not just a remold of the Armada guy?

Or was it decided by Takara/Hasbro that that mold was untouchable and they'd never do better

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like a scam to buy another ring and a destination vacation. Think of how many toys you'd miss?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Burkion posted:

So is there any reason we haven't gotten a new Unicron figure in ages?

Like a properly G1 inspired one, not just a remold of the Armada guy?

Or was it decided by Takara/Hasbro that that mold was untouchable and they'd never do better

I think speculation was that we're getting one pretty soon, since apparently Unicron is showing up in the comics in the near future and there's a Rodimus Unicronus in the PotP line.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I think speculation was that we're getting one pretty soon, since apparently Unicron is showing up in the comics in the near future and there's a Rodimus Unicronus in the PotP line.

It looks like the next movie features Unicron, maybe that will pan out?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Prepare for Super-Titan scale, I guess?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

hahahaha

strangehamster posted:

Sounds like a scam to buy another ring and a destination vacation. Think of how many toys you'd miss?

Hahaha that's okay. I like destination vacations and she totally deserves another ring, which I'm getting her for her birthday in July. Still plenty of money for my Transformers/comics/video game habits.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Also did Grotusque get released on TRU.com and I missed it?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

A1 toys in glasgow are doing an in store only deal of TR Fort Max for 40 quid.
If you are interested in the figure at all, and can get to glasgow, braehead, or silverburn, i believe they all have stock. (parnie st branch had double digits of figures on display, plus more in the back as mine came in the shipping box.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Also did Grotusque get released on TRU.com and I missed it?

I've been wondering that every drat day.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

strangehamster posted:

It looks like the next movie features Unicron, maybe that will pan out?

It looks like it's the Transformers Prime "Earth Unicron" though where we never actually see Unicron at full power, just maybe some avatars and his innards.

Mind you Earth Unicron is loving great and a brilliant way to finally make Unicron as planet sized as he should have always been but you know.

I've just always been kind of amused that the only time they've made a massive proper Unicron was for Armada.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Burkion posted:

I've just always been kind of amused that the only time they've made a massive proper Unicron was for Armada.

It's easy to forget, but Late Armada was a massively financially successful time for Transformers. Supreme Unicron was a gamble of R&D and production costs and required serious retailer goodwill that has rarely recurred since.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

strangehamster posted:

I've been wondering that every drat day.

Okay good. I'm glad I haven't missed it.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I was pretty happy today to pick up Titans Return Cosmos. Happened to be walking by in Walmart and it was hanging on the shelf right out in front. I have fond memories of having a G1 cosmos when I was little and its nice to have him back again.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Anyone ever had issue with Amazon pre order? Maybe I’m just lucky this is my first but the way they are handling POTP grimlock is wonky. I preordered on Nov 23rd and it is still saying it will arrive tomorrow by 8 but hasn’t shipped yet. Others reported similar issue that either shipped soon after, called support and were told it was indefinitely delayed it the date was wrong, or the date is correct still because while they were shorted stock they were expecting an imminent backup stock being sent and would upgrade shipping.

I mean I understand delays happen but don’t string me along with that arrival date of it isn’t accurate.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Danger posted:

Anyone ever had issue with Amazon pre order? Maybe I’m just lucky this is my first but the way they are handling POTP grimlock is wonky. I preordered on Nov 23rd and it is still saying it will arrive tomorrow by 8 but hasn’t shipped yet. Others reported similar issue that either shipped soon after, called support and were told it was indefinitely delayed it the date was wrong, or the date is correct still because while they were shorted stock they were expecting an imminent backup stock being sent and would upgrade shipping.

I mean I understand delays happen but don’t string me along with that arrival date of it isn’t accurate.

Amazon is easy mode, you've never bought toys from TFSource huh?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Danger posted:

They should be shipping out tonight. I just got an email that mine will be delivered Wednesday.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Danger posted:

Looks like my Slash actually shipped, but Starscream and Grimlock haven't shipped yet despite saying they'll be here tomorrow.

I've had super bad luck this week with amazon, though, one of my packages straight up disappeared.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I received the following email, guess the illustrious third party!

"Very sorry for the inconvenience.

The parts will be shipped to you.

Thanks."

That's the whole email unedited. Echara is really nice in hand, though. The boob stuff, eh, I guess the idea of Grimlock the Barbarian King having some barbarian babes to sit on his lap just works for me whereas most of the roboboobs don't. It helps that she has cool ninja weapons.

strangehamster posted:

Amazon is easy mode, you've never bought toys from TFSource huh?
Buddy lemme tell you again about the multiple days email exchange with the chosen prune that basically ended with "oh, right, our pile of loot doesn't work for people outside the US"

and then having to email them for shipping like it's loving anime-export.

(The joke here being hamster can estimate shipping for me just looking at a box)

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Should I wait?!?! What's in there? OMG

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
purge the pony paper

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

strangehamster posted:

Should I wait?!?! What's in there? OMG

I accidentally themed it.

Also, if it helps you make a decision, after you open them, you will eat poo poo.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The recent mini-series First Strike ended with Unicron being awakened by Merklynn, the wizard from Visionaries. Really. I hope Unicron doesn’t end up being nothing but the subject of some dumb forgettable crossover.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
For anyone interested, The Last Knight Voyager Nitro is nearly half-price on amazon.ca: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_i=desktop

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hot Soldiers Bumblebee arrived today, and to my immense joy he was packaged with a (just in case anyone else wants a surprise like I had) little Ravage complete with tape case.

Just need them to throw in a little Rumble and Frenzy with one of the next bots and I will be a happy camper.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

OMG TRYPTICON IS HERE!!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Welp, Grimlock sucks. I was hoping he'd be one of those figures that worked better in person, but he actually looks worse. The dino mode torso and tail aren't even that that bad, but the short, lumpy, just flat-out weird dino legs kind of ruin the whole thing and make him look off from any angle but the stock photo one. He'd actually be okay with some longer dino legs.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

OMG TRYPTICON IS HERE!!

If you haven't done it already, enjoy the two and half hours of trying to apply the stickers. Hope you have tweezers and patience.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpazmasterX posted:

If you haven't done it already, enjoy the two and half hours of trying to apply the stickers. Hope you have tweezers and patience.

I very much did enjoy the stickering process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

OMG TRYPTICON IS HERE!!

SAME