Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Funny, all the people I have ignored like the prequels. Coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
This guy on Youtube laid out how they could have significantly inproved the prequels, and I do agree with a lot of what he has to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hey Canada gooons - looking like I'm heading your way in March / April. Mostly Vancouver and Victoria BC ATM. Also looking like a side visit to San Fransisco but that's going to be a fly in and out for work.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You have never been more wrong. They are contemptible crap in every single way possible and you should feel bad for having such a poo poo opinion.

Who wouldn't somebody want to hang out with you? :allears:

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 18, 2017

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I don't even have a star war

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Or people who have a clue what an actual plot is, or who like well shot visuals or good acting or good pretty much anything that makes a movie actually good. Which none of the prequels have poo poo.

The literal only decent thing from the prequels is Duel of the Fates. That's it.

Tell us again why you think deadpool was a good film :allears:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fridge corn posted:

Deadpool is great, though.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

KakerMix posted:

I don't even have a star war

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

This is the saddest derail ever. You guys have better game than this, come on... step it up.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 26, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

fridge corn posted:

Wow your taste in movies IS appalling

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Funny, all the people I have ignored like the prequels. Coincidence?

No :)

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
In this day and age with politics being seemingly un-bridgeable differences of opinion, it's good to see un-bridgeable differences of opinion on comparatively unimportant things.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

How about the fact that Cartoon Network has officially given up on TV as a format?

My youngest nephew absolutely refuses to watch anything on TV.

That would be a good thing if he wasn't glued to an ipad blasting youtube junk every waking hour.

Kids these days, i tell ya.

mekilljoydammit posted:

In this day and age with politics being seemingly un-bridgeable differences of opinion, it's good to see un-bridgeable differences of opinion on comparatively unimportant things.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

The prequels could have been an interesting look at the fall of the Jedi Order and how their internal strife ultimately lead to their demise.

Instead we got Trade Politics and Darth Vader's opinions on sand.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I mean, it's itchy and it gets everywhere :shrug:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Seminal Flu posted:

This is the saddest derail ever. You guys have better game than this, come on... step it up.

Can you really derail a general chat thread?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

ExplodingSims posted:

The prequels could have been an interesting look at the fall of the Jedi Order and how their internal strife ultimately lead to their demise.

Instead we got Trade Politics and Darth Vader's opinions on sand.

I'm still sad darth jar jar isn't a thing.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

EpicBirdEnthusiast posted:

Goons could screw up a one car parade

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Are you new here?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Apparently we can

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
Eps 2 and 3 were ok, 1 was horrible.

Deadpool was awesomely entertaining, but it falls flat in certain sections.

Nuance is a thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

Goons could screw up a one car parade

Look, it just makes more sense to go down the street backwards

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Street? What street?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
What do you mean real car? My little pony power wheels are real cars!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jesus, Amazon is utterly failing at getting things to me on-time lately. I realize not all of this is on them, but a lot of it is...

I've got one package I ordered early last week with two-day delivery (Prime). They waited two days to send it, and then shipped it UPS second day air.

Another is one of those USPS-as-last-mile deals. It was at the post office literally across the street at midnight. 3AM, it was then scanned at a post office 120 miles away in the middle of nowhere.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

IOwnCalculus posted:

Another is one of those USPS-as-last-mile deals. It was at the post office literally across the street at midnight. 3AM, it was then scanned at a post office 120 miles away in the middle of nowhere.

I hate that poo poo. The PO here always holds onto packages way longer than is necessary, and complaints to Amazon boil down to them not understanding the definition of "guaranteed" in their "guaranteed delivery" statement.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Pretty OT for even here, but I don't dare venture into PI again. :catstare:

I want to set my old aquarium back up. But... it wasn't taken care of for about a year after I moved (had to leave it w/parents). It has a bunch of red algae on the glass.

Any way to get rid of that poo poo without hours of scraping it off? The tank doesn't leak, and it's glass (I'll probably re-seal it anyway though). The price of a new tank is considerably more than what I paid for this one (... some 11 years ago), so I'd rather try to salvage it if I can.

Still have a decent filter (Aquaclear), LED lighting, decor, stand, etc. Tank just needs a lot of cleaning, new gravel, filter media, and typical freshwater startup stuff.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 18, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I want to set my old aquarium back up. But... it wasn't taken care of for about a year after I moved (had to leave it w/parents). It has a bunch of red algae on the glass.

Any way to get rid of that poo poo without hours of scraping it off? The tank doesn't leak, and it's glass (I'll probably re-seal it anyway though). The price of a new tank is considerably more than what I paid for this one (... some 11 years ago), so I'd rather try to salvage it if I can.

This is AI: Panther Piss.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
As you're already aware, panther piss will destroy the silicone.

A razor scraper is always the cleanest option. Was it a saltwater tank? If not, fill it with brackish water, let it set a few days, and give it a scraping. I've found that scouring pads leave behind a thin layer that new algae can adhere to.

Currently have a 75G molly/platy planted/breeding tank, and the betta is in a 10G hex with a few mollies. Both running those cheap SunSun canisters.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah uh, it doesn't leak yet, I wanna keep it that way. :haw:

It's always been freshwater, primarily with various tetras (though I've had mollies in it before - before learning that people are lying bastards when they say all of the mollies are the same sex... :argh: live bearers :argh:)

I have a hang-on-back filter, but it's an Aquaclear 200 (I guess it's now the 50? originally they were sold as GPH, then renamed for max tank capacity?), roll my own carbon filters (2nd stage), and buy name brand 1st and 3rd stage. I have 2 complete filter assemblies, but one has a dead motor (you can buy individual parts; it'll eventually get a new motor).

I'd love to have a much bigger tank, but (a) my lease kinda prohibits aquariums (I do have emailed consent from the former property manager allowing a 20 gallon, and the lease states "unless given written permission" under the aquarium ban, so in theory I should be covered there) and (b) my floors are uneven as hell. I'll have to shim the stand a bit as it is, the floors dip toward the center of each room. :v:

I want to go planted this time; gonna have to spend some time researching the best way to do that on a new startup. I know I don't want to do fake gravel again. Likely doing sand.

e: I guess I should probably venture into PI. :sigh: or... reddit. I've forgotten so much.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Dec 18, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

3-0

HAHAHAHA England. It's going to be 5-0 by Sydney's end

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I just got a PS4 Pro, what games do I get?

The games that have given me most joy on the PS4 have been Bloodborne and Titanfall 2 which if you like FPS games is loving glorious, it harkens back to Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament in terms of speed and fun aaaaaaaaaaand then lets you also stomp around in giant loving robots.

The Wolfenstein games (the first 2) are about $5 apiece on PSN at the moment too.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

White vinegar cut about 50/50 with water. Set it all the way up, pumps and all. Run it like that for a couple hours (no filter media,) and then drain it, and rinse the crap out of it with fresh water. You can also use unscented bleach (after rinsing, so you don’t make chlorine gas,) Pool-store chlorine is good as well; Just make sure to rinse the piss out of everything when you’re done.

You can even clean your substrate and such with this method, but again, rinse rinse rinse rinse. Don’t put anything porous in the vinegar or bleach baths.

If vinegar or chlorine doesn’t get it, unscented, original Mr Clean Magic Erasers are your friend. You can even use them in stocked setups, since they have no water-soluble chemicals in them at all. (100% melamine foam.)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

QuarkMartial posted:

I hate that poo poo. The PO here always holds onto packages way longer than is necessary, and complaints to Amazon boil down to them not understanding the definition of "guaranteed" in their "guaranteed delivery" statement.

Yup. It's why I got rid of my Prime. Got tired of paying for two day delivery that showed up about the same speed as their 4 day.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
If I wasn't piggybacking on a friend's Prime account I would have already cancelled.

Most recent issue: placed a small order before noon on a Friday. They sat on it until the following Monday and it wasn't actually shipped until Tuesday morning, for delivery on Thursday.

Also they opened one of their pickup centers about 10 minutes away, initially it was a decent setup - free next day delivery on a fairly large number of items. Now there's a tiny minority of products eligible for next day pickup, making it effectively the same as having orders shipped to my door with the added inconvenience of having to find parking in a busy part of town.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Still have a decent filter (Aquaclear), LED lighting, decor, stand, etc. Tank just needs a lot of cleaning, new gravel, filter media, and typical freshwater startup stuff.

Vinegar or plain-old bleach. Fill it, let it sit, drain and scrub. Might need a second round of that. Afterwards, rinse the ever loving poo poo out of it. Then again. Then a third time. Then run some dechlorinator (Prime, etc.) through it, drain it, and then its probably safe.
Get a few fish to start, get the nitrogen cycle going - give it 4-6 weeks minimum before heavily stocking. Even if you use "bacteria in a bottle" poo poo.

ps - get some Corydora's, they're cute as poo poo and hell fun.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Wolfenstein: New Colossus was an awesome, but very dark, play. Well worth it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Previa_fun posted:

Speaking of vacuums I'm wanting to replace our three year old Eureka bagless with a proper bagged vacuum. I've had it with having to empty to dirt cup every time I use it and the wife is not good at remembering to do that so all the tiny holes in the cyclonic filter thing get plugged up with cat hair and it loses suction.

What's a good bagged upright vacuum these days? 500 at the very most.
Not an upright but...
My wife just snagged a Dyson V8 from QVC for $450 with all the attachments and it's loving fantastic.
She doesn't empty it either. EVER. However she does vacuum everything all the time. So I just make sure the container is empty and she does the rest. It's a pretty good system.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Wolfenstein: New Colossus was an awesome, but very dark, play. Well worth it.

I only wish it was a bit longer, but that might be because so much of the footage shown in the trailers is actually pretty much end-game.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

I only wish it was a bit longer, but that might be because so much of the footage shown in the trailers is actually pretty much end-game.

Yeah, its shorter than I expected, but didn't fail to impress. Love the plot twist too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Thank you spotify for randomly deleting like 20gb of downloaded music off my phone without warning

• Locked thread