Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

schweens posted:

Now that the Packers are essentially eliminated I'll say this: do the drat thing Vikings. This is easily the best Vikings team since Favre almost got them to the Super Bowl. I'll be rooting for y'all except against the Eagles or Jags.

P.S. I'm cool with the Lions making the playoffs but don't think they're going to win anything this year

I'm going with Vikings as my backup team in case the Steelers get hosed out of the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress that, I'm rooting for literally anyone who isn't the Vikings. I hope I live my whole life without ever seeing those fucks with a ring, whether I make it to 40 or 80. I'd even rather see the Patriots or Steelers win it again.

e: Go Rams, Go Jags.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
As long as it's two cat teams in the Super Bowl, I will be happy. You loving bird and human teams have gotten so drat complacent.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

VJeff posted:

As long as it's two cat teams in the Super Bowl, I will be happy. You loving bird and human teams have gotten so drat complacent.
Ehhh, but what cat team from the NFC has an actual chance? Carolina is the only one, really.

That said, a Panthers/Jags super bowl would be pretty awesome. poo poo, I don't know who I'd even root for. Neither have ever won and both have players I really like.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Fenrir posted:

gently caress that, I'm rooting for literally anyone who isn't the Vikings. I hope I live my whole life without ever seeing those fucks with a ring, whether I make it to 40 or 80. I'd even rather see the Patriots or Steelers win it again.

i want to pee on you

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Fenrir posted:

This is disgusting

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Eh, y'all can say whatever you want... I'd rather see the world end in a nuclear disaster than see the Vikings win a super bowl. That said, I don't think I'd even mind if the Lions finally got one. After 0-16 they deserve some sort of recompense.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Show me on the doll where the viking touched you

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Fenrir posted:

Eh, y'all can say whatever you want... I'd rather see the world end in a nuclear disaster than see the Vikings win a super bowl. That said, I don't think I'd even mind if the Lions finally got one. After 0-16 they deserve some sort of recompense.

Don’t worry we’ll blow it some how.

I’m glad we essentially ended your season though

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Tres Burritos posted:

Show me on the doll where the viking touched you

Whatever spot that Brett Favre was in before he went to Minnesota. I'm still so loving glad the Saints wrecked them out of that year and hey, my mom's a saints fan so she got to see her team finally get one. That was cool, and the Packers got another one the very next year.

Go Rams/Jags/Eagles/other not-Vikings teams without rings.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
hey
whoa
hold the loving phone
the Saints only wrecked Favre and we blew that game. you’re thinking of the Giants.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I don’t get it. The Vikings are fine. I could understand that level of hate for the Lions after years of Lions fans defending Suh, but what’s there to hate about the Vikings? :psyduck:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
It is always ethically correct to wish ill on the Vikings

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Soothing Vapors posted:

It is always ethically correct to wish ill on the Vikings

A correct and good post.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
ITT packers fans punch down on other less fortunate franchises

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
And after this season that includes the Bears :smug:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dexo posted:

Eh, I just really hate the Minnesota Football Vikings.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

I don't find myself disliking entire franchises, it's mostly just players.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dexo posted:

:qq:

Abugadu posted:

And after this season that includes the Bears :smug:

Hahaha

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

BGrifter posted:

I don’t get it. The Vikings are fine. I could understand that level of hate for the Lions after years of Lions fans defending Suh, but what’s there to hate about the Vikings? :psyduck:

I still miss Suh, if only because I miss having a functional defense.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's not a war crime if its committed against the Packers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Acebuckeye13 posted:

What's a functional defense?

(fire dom capers)

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Tres Burritos posted:

I don't find myself disliking entire franchises, it's mostly just players.

While I mostly agree....

Jerry Jones, Jerry Richardson, Dan Snyder

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Worth a double post imo

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/942754643242864641

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Dexo posted:

Packer fans are a miserable hateful lot.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sponges posted:

It really is disgusting. This team blessed with two of the top 5 QBs of all time feel the need to disparage us QB challenged teams.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sponges posted:

Honestly we hate our DC more than anything right now.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the packers are gonna miss the playoffs (pending atlanta game tonight) for the 6th time since 1993. the bears have only made the playoffs 5 times in that span.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BGrifter posted:

Just checking, how do you guys feel about Clay Matthews?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

VJeff posted:

My friend from Glasgow supports the Packers purely because she fancies him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VJeff posted:

He's white so he can't be a dirty player or a thug.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

VJeff posted:

high motor, blue collar lunch pail student of the game; first one to practice and last to leave, studies lots of tape, gritty, hard nosed no natural athletic talent all hard work

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fire Dom Capers right loving now

Use the last two weeks to trial our inhouse prospects

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

VJeff posted:

the narrative that clay is dirty is stupid as hell and almost entirely based on a borderline late hit from like 6 years ago, it's just been people desperately trying to find something dirty about the packers

he's not remotely comparable to suh on the lions in terms of dirtiness. none of you are interested in having an actual conversation about football though

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Ben Fennell's a cool dude

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

the packers are gonna miss the playoffs (pending atlanta game tonight) for the 6th time since 1993. the bears have only made the playoffs 5 times in that span.

But but this long suffering, did I mention fan owned, franchise has had a questionable defense for a couple of years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

the narrative that clay is dirty is stupid as hell and almost entirely based on a borderline late hit from like 6 years ago, it's just been people desperately trying to find something dirty about the packers

he's not remotely comparable to suh on the lions in terms of dirtiness. none of you are interested in having an actual conversation about football though

That sounds rough. Between that and having a bad defensive coordinator, I dunno how you guys wake up in the morning.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Ben Fennell's a cool dude

Best Packers personality by a large margin. I'd almost argue only worthwhile follow (besides Tom Crabtree, of course). Nagler is okay but Fennell doesn't have the prissy attitude that Nagler frequently exhibits, he's just hilarious and blunt.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
I feel like "lotta ballgame left" is Nagler's version of "pad level"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

VJeff posted:

That sounds rough. Between that and having a bad defensive coordinator, I dunno how you guys wake up in the morning.

not gonna lie, it's rough man

• Locked thread