Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Bottom Liner posted:

Gwen Stefani is older than Ted Cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

haveblue posted:

Do they still have that fig leaf of "newsworthy" or did they completely rewrite the whole policy?

Yeah, it's still there under "Abusive Behavior":

quote:

Context matters when evaluating for abusive behavior and determining appropriate enforcement actions. Factors we may take into consideration include, but are not limited to whether:

the behavior is targeted at an individual or group of people;
the report has been filed by the target of the abuse or a bystander;
the behavior is newsworthy and in the legitimate public interest.

Interesting though, is this bit about Twitter badges. Not sure if it's new or not...

quote:

Misuse of Twitter badges

You may not use badges, including but not limited to the “promoted” or “verified” Twitter badges, unless provided by Twitter. Accounts using unauthorized badges as part of their profile photos, header photos, display names, or in any way that falsely implies affiliation with Twitter or authorization from Twitter to display these badges, may be suspended.

Not terribly clear (by design for wiggle room, I'm sure), on if this covers things like Assange's Fake diamond badge.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

haveblue posted:

Do they still have that fig leaf of "newsworthy" or did they completely rewrite the whole policy?

they're never going to ban trump while he's still president

like, no matter how garbage he is, that's not gonna happen

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Straight White Shark posted:

They're not just stealing American identities, now they're submitting fake comments in the name of non-US citizens! This is getting out of hand.

Who's supposedly responsible?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

they're never going to ban trump while he's still president

like, no matter how garbage he is, that's not gonna happen

They're never gonna ban trump period

But they really really should

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Who's supposedly responsible?

The Telcos or the FCC itself.

The FCC is refusing to turn over the server logs so that we can find out.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

They're never gonna ban trump period

But they really really should

if trump is out in 2020 and still alive in, like, 2024 i could easily see him being enough of an unhinged fringe figure that they ban him by then since getting tossed out and democrats reversing large swaths of what he did would send him completely over the loving edge especially as dementia got worse

still unlikely but i didn't want to rule it out

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Crain posted:

Yeah, I think at this point it's clear they didn't have a "hit list" of accounts to eliminate, just formally enforcing the new rules now so anyone* who violates them from now on will get hit.

So far today Cerno's only retweeted a bunch of news and posted a link to a Brietbart article, so he's not done anything actionable yet.

* We all know these new rules will not apply to anyone of power or anyone who is friendly with the Nazi Admins.

It seems like they're flagging poo poo manually though. The ban wave doesn't seem to have hit South American Nazis yet and they love 14/88 and putting swastikas in their profile pictures so you think it'd be easy enough to detect them with an algorithm.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I look forward to KMs reaction GIFS from the Black Panther movies

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dietrich posted:

The Telcos or the FCC itself.

The FCC is refusing to turn over the server logs so that we can find out.

That would be monumentally stupid and pointlessly risky.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/942801154165170179

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Me and John Baeyega when Black Panther comes out

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Hollismason posted:

Look at this correct as gently caress opinion about how dreamy Chadwick Boseman is. Please GIF out the entire movie KM.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are the same age.

So either Ted Cruz is going to age rapidly like someone who chose poorly or he's just stuck at age 50 forever.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

ZobarStyl posted:

Look at this correct as gently caress opinion about how dreamy Chadwick Boseman is. Please GIF out the entire movie KM.

Oh I will!!

Also that Kerry pic needs to be resized to be an emoji lol

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

botany posted:

i thought that was supposed to be netanyahu on the cookie :sweatdrop:

look at the ears. definitely going for an obama

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

ZobarStyl posted:

Gonna need a full length WebM that can be attached to KM's bans so that if they try to log in on mobile it's just that file eating up all their data.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Koalas March posted:

Me and John Baeyega when Black Panther comes out

God drat I hope Black Widow gets her rear end put down.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Crain posted:

Gonna need a full length WebM that can be attached to KM's bans so that if they try to log in on mobile it's just that file eating up all their data.

Shouldn't be a problem, there's practically an entire tokusatsu movie in the leper's colony already

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Oracle posted:

Holy poo poo was this the same guy who took a picture with this chick in antebellum southern clothing with their lovechild and she was black?

edit: OH YEAH

gently caress me, I’d never seen the photo.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I am really worried about homegirl's hair and make up. She needs some murray's, some hair food and a better hot comb.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/juliaeainsley/status/942804553833033728

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Also what is going on with the baby's foot?

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

"Hey mom, how did you and dad meet?" http://blogs.nbc12.com/.a/6a016766efbf6d970b01b8d0a8276a970c-pi

I never can understand why people in this situation don't just say, "Hey, you seem really interesting. Let's talk more after you're in college!" I mean, I get that they're gross reptilian predators, but one would think they'd have some kind of self-preservation instinct.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Yep. That shithead was a Democrat until 2014, when he started running as an independent.

Hahaha, I won’t even lie to you, I straight up forgot he was a Democrat.

He’s still a poo poo sack.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Zil posted:

Also what is going on with the baby's foot?

It's two babies, one is just stuffed in his jacket.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

He was like "oh nice bro."

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I'm guessing that by the time they warned him it was already too late.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Bedshaped posted:

It's two babies, one is just stuffed in his jacket.

No, really. It is bending at a 90 degree angle and I want to vomit looking at it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol, in July? Manafort had already been fired by then, right? Bit late, I should say.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Alter Ego posted:

The article does mention that at the time of the briefing they were already investigating campaign officials for Russian contacts

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Kelly posted:

No, really. It is bending at a 90 degree angle and I want to vomit looking at it.
Babies are essentially just sacks of undifferentiated mucus. The bones grow in later.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Alter Ego posted:

Yep. Manafort was already on and replaced by Bannon at that point iirc. He was already up to his eyeballs in it.

Now that I think of it that's sort of strange because they absolutely had to have known everything Manafort was up to so the only way I can read this was they were gently hinting that he had to clean up yesterday. Of course Trump didn't

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wonder if Cernovich will escape the purge or if jack's going to get rid of him too despite being a fan.

Twitter will probably purge a bunch of antifa too because it's run mostly by assholes.

There are some antifa/BLM Twitter accounts being run out of Russia, pretending to represent these groups in American cities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...m=.b2001b8f7732

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/59dwed/a-fake-antifa-account-was-busted-for-tweeting-from-russia-vgtrn

Probably some others are run by regular ol' American alt-right types looking to tarnish their opponents. These accounts might get banned, and that would be fine.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Ah Jesus he looks kind of like the cop dad from Arrow

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Of course.

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/942812124514013184

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
So far the twitter "purge" seems pretty underwhelming?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

They won't be able to do the same with the inevitable GA resolution, but it's not like anyone actually cares what the GA has to say. Frankly, I'm surprised the SC bothered with that in the first place, even as a political statement, it's pretty silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Petr posted:

So far the twitter "purge" seems pretty underwhelming?

The only twitter "purge" I'm seeing is extremely slow loading times for the website.

Is the repeal of Net Neutrality already taking affect?

• Locked thread