Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I still share mine with my old college roommates. I don't even remember who has the password these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My Netflix is split between me, my parents and my sister. It's pretty nice.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I just looked and they're raising the price of my Netflix to $13.99. I thought I already paid that anyway so I checked and apparently I've been paying $13.09. So yeah, sure, 90c whatever.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

pubic works project posted:

I always consider quitting Netflix, then I remember my MIL pays for it.

Still...they need to add more poo poo to the streaming service.

the only stuff they're gonna add are their own things

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I feel I could save money by only resubbing to Netflix a couple of times a year then catching on all the shows I care about but I’m so incredibly lazy I just give them money for poo poo I rarely use.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My wife pays for Netflix, I pay for Hulu. 99% of our use of either platform is through her.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Vertical Lime posted:

the only stuff they're gonna add are their own things

I know and I hate it. I mean that's cool that they're doing their own things. I do enjoy a lot of them. But I feel like Hulu has so much more in actual televised content as well as old movies. But still, we share accounts with my in-laws (we pay for Hulu and they pay for Netflix), so I can't be too mad about it.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
if you don't watch christmas vacation every year sipping egg nog from a moose mug you're missing out.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I watched Elf for the first time last night. I didn't think it was that great.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I would pay thirty dollars a month for literally a service that just plays Friends and Grey's Anatomy over and over to keep my wife entertained

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Uterine Lineup posted:

It's cuz it's not

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Will Ferrell can't carry a movie

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Blitz7x posted:

I would pay thirty dollars a month for literally a service that just plays Friends and Grey's Anatomy over and over to keep my wife entertained

sounds like a job for a pair of box sets and a used DVD jukebox

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah he’s crying on the radio so it’s uncomfortable as loving hell

Do I want to skip the podcast today?

:(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My wife has never watched Sex in the City and a) wants to watch it and b) insists I watch it with her

Murder me

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

My wife has never watched Sex in the City and a) wants to watch it and b) insists I watch it with her

Murder me

Take a page out of my book...we only ever watch that crap on her birthday. On my wife's birthday, we watch whatever she wants - Titanic, The Notebook, Sex in the City, etc. On the reverse, we only ever watch Star Wars either when a new movie comes out or on May the 4th. Totally works.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Uterine Lineup posted:

Its not.

Intruder posted:

Murder me

Does your wife have even an inkling of what its like to work a job, be an adult, or have an ounce of self respect? If so she wont make it past the first season. Its such a painful timebubble on top of that.

Also the second movie is like, aggressively ignorant of what actual struggle is.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Murder me

I watched it with my wife, at a time when one could not easily shitpost at the same time.

enjoy your 45 hours, I guess.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Barudak posted:

Does your wife have even an inkling of what its like to work a job, be an adult, or have an ounce of self respect?

Nope!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
meanwhile mrs. public works wakes up tuesday with her husband sweaty and naked hovering over her saying its time to watch transformers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Start investing in teeth guards because you will grind them to dust as your hatred for the cast and desire for them to all die intensifies to a point where you want it on your tombstone.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Barudak posted:

Its not.

Does your wife have even an inkling of what its like to work a job, be an adult, or have an ounce of self respect? If so she wont make it past the first season. Its such a painful timebubble on top of that.

Also the second movie is like, aggressively ignorant of what actual struggle is.

my favorite movie review ever.

https://www.thestranger.com/seattle/burkas-and-birkins/Content?oid=4132715

quote:

SATC2 takes everything that I hold dear as a woman and as a human—working hard, contributing to society, not being an entitled oval office like it's my job—and rapes it to death with a stiletto that costs more than my car. It is 146 minutes long, which means that I entered the theater in the bloom of youth and emerged with a family of field mice living in my long, white mustache. This is an entirely inappropriate length for what is essentially a home video of gay men playing with giant Barbie dolls.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 18, 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

is sex and the city the one where they figured that her apartment would be like 5k a month

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The scene referenced at the end of that article is probably the single most haunting sequence in film history and absolutely not for a single one of the reasons the entire production company intended.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

hifi posted:

is sex and the city the one where they figured that her apartment would be like 5k a month

Wouldn't that have been Friends? I admittedly didn't watch Sex In the City but I remember reading something about Monica's apartment being absurdly expensive and out of reach for a bunch of supposed 20-somethings. It was explained away by saying she lied about her grandmother or someone still living there and being on the lease so it was rent controlled.

e: yeah here you go

https://www.bustle.com/articles/60983-how-much-would-the-friends-apartments-cost-in-real-life-lets-just-say-theyve-always-been

anywhere from $3k to 14k/month

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 18, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Now that Im all mad about this dumb movie I need to point out another thing about iit. The film is theoretically about feminine bonding and empowerment in Abu Dhabi. The film could not be made in that country because it is against the law, as depicted in the film, so the film is actually an inception level fantasy of bringing female empowerment to Abu Dhabi.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Barudak posted:

Now that Im all mad about this dumb movie I need to point out another thing about iit. The film is theoretically about feminine bonding and empowerment in Abu Dhabi. The film could not be made in that country because it is against the law, as depicted in the film, so the film is actually an inception level fantasy of bringing female empowerment to Abu Dhabi.

I dunno that sounds fine

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wouldn't that have been Friends? I admittedly didn't watch Sex In the City but I remember reading something about Monica's apartment being absurdly expensive and out of reach for a bunch of supposed 20-somethings. It was explained away by saying she lied about her grandmother or someone still living there and being on the lease so it was rent controlled.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/60983-how-much-would-the-friends-apartments-cost-in-real-life-lets-just-say-theyve-always-been

Yeah, Monica is actually there because it was her grandmother's rent controlled one and Chandler had a good job as a :iiam:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

The idea was that she was subletting a rent controlled apartment from her grandmother I think

e: beaten

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's true of every show set in New York. How I Met Your Mother had a good gag where after spending a weekend in the suburbs the Manhattan apartment shrunk noticeably.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's literally every sitcom though. The number of them that have houses that make sense for their income can be counted on like one hand.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

That's literally every sitcom though. The number of them that have houses that make sense for their income can be counted on like one hand.

As previously mentioned, the fairly large house in Married... With Children

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hifi posted:

I dunno that sounds fine

Im normally fine with such thing, but in a film where life affirming feminity is being able to afford a hundred thousand dollar+ vacation and thousand dollar+ womens undergarments it comes across as yet another complete willful ignorance of reality for the purpose of creating a more captilist friendly interpretation of social issues.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
An HBO sitcom trying to handle middle eastern politics sounds about as brilliant as doing a Malcolm in the Middle movie about the heroin epidemic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

As previously mentioned, the fairly large house in Married... With Children

Yeah, Roseanne was my view of poverty when I was a kid, and even in retrospect i'm like wait... a part time diner waitress and a blue collar job guy have a house with rooms for 3/4 kids?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah, Monica is actually there because it was her grandmother's rent controlled one and Chandler had a good job as a :iiam:

He was very clearly a transpondster.

Yes I have seen friends innumerable times why do you ask

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol Carrie wrote a blog and made like 600k a year right?

V. Realistic.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Roseanne was my view of poverty when I was a kid, and even in retrospect i'm like wait... a part time diner waitress and a blue collar job guy have a house with rooms for 3/4 kids?

At least in that case the whole show ended up being a fever dream as she slowly died

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And then there's every episode of house hunters.

He's a dog kennel interior designer and she's a mommy blogger, their budget is $1.6 million dollars.

That poo poo reminded me of the dubbed blurbs they'd say for the contestants on Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

An HBO sitcom trying to handle middle eastern politics sounds about as brilliant as doing a Malcolm in the Middle movie about the heroin epidemic.

One grabs a dudes dick in public and another strips in a market place and screams about how she fucks people she isnt married to. Its not even handling basic american politics correctly.

• Locked thread