Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/942827072824672262

I have no idea what caused the train derailment but...I agree with Donald Trump. More infrastructure, less war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk if this sounds bad or not. but i love the african art/architecture mixed with cyber punk sci fi. its loving bitching.

Nah man it's sweet. There's a big difference between enjoying, appreciating and being inspired by African art and architecture and fetishising and appropriating it.

That said #BlackPantherSoLit!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
As you likely heard, an Amtrak train derailed in the Seattle area with multiple dead. President Trump sends his condolences.

https://twitter.com/realpresssecbot/status/942827084308561920

(E: knew I shouldn't have taken the time to check my spelling)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

I have no idea what caused the train derailment but...I agree with Donald Trump's second sentence.

"I will pay for this by cutting 1 trillion dollar of income from the government!"

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Koalas March posted:

Lmao this would be cool if it looked more like Beyonce and less like Bea Arthur.

More like Bae Arthur :smug:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mind_Taker posted:

I have no idea what caused the train derailment but...I agree with Donald Trump

By all means, Donald. If you want to actually craft legislation that addresses crumbling infrastructure instead of just giving massive payouts to private companies that will spend a few weeks slapping timbers and spackle around...what's that? You plan on doing exactly that? Oh, well then gently caress you.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Ogmius815 posted:

In this future this kind of image will be looked at in the same vein as WWII era caricatures of Japanese people.

Eh, as much as Ramierez is a fucker, he's honestly just a loving terrible artist.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mind_Taker posted:

I have no idea what caused the train derailment but...I agree with Donald Trump. More infrastructure, less war.

you shouldn't, his big plan for infrastructure is "public private partnerships" aka toll roads and leasing government owned transportation infrastructure to private firms

if trump was really serious he wouldn't have put sleepy ben carson in charge of HUD where the goal is to cut funding rather than bulk up grants

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Katt posted:

More like Bae Arthur :smug:

Already done fam

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Mind_Taker posted:

Donald hasn't had a good track record with Infrastructure Week in the past.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jonhumbert/status/942827592540856320

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
When is Mueller's team meeting with trump's lawyers?

lmao he's never not wrong ever no matter what he's saying.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

God this guy's a hack. What, no room to label the sky, the stars and the whip?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

boner confessor posted:

you shouldn't, his big plan for infrastructure is "public private partnerships" aka toll roads and leasing government owned transportation infrastructure to private firms

I don't think Donald Trump and the Republicans should be in charge of improving infrastructure. Just agreeing with the general gist that I'd rather money be spent improving poo poo at home rather than promoting war in the Middle East.

Again, he's an idiot for making that tweet. Sorry for the confusion.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Wait, Ben Garrison is a person? Here I thought he was some kind of parasite that lived shoulder-deep inside Trump's colon.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Mind_Taker posted:

Good idea, let's take half of our defense budget and repurpose it for infrastructure.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Koalas March posted:

Nah man it's sweet. There's a big difference between enjoying, appreciating and being inspired by African art and architecture and fetishising and appropriating it.

That said #BlackPantherSoLit!

yeah. i know. i just wanted to make sure. it just looks so loving cool. i like all kinda of art. and that mix just hits me right in the brain pleasure spot. its different and cool.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/congressedits/status/942822789769302016?s=17

Congressional staffers are idiot memelords

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

https://twitter.com/MetroATLDSA/status/942768964534403072

hahahhahahabbfhsjfhfjdkfjdkd

edit i posted the wrong tweet i am not that amused by a demi lovato achewood joke

everything about Demi is so loving tragic.

I posted in this in uspol but it got drowned out by slapfighting:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mind_Taker posted:

I don't think Donald Trump and the Republicans should be in charge of improving infrastructure. Just agreeing with the general gist that I'd rather money be spent improving poo poo at home rather than promoting war in the Middle East.

i feel you but trump's just saying that, it's not really possible to agree with him because he's a chronic liar. he could say "ice cream is good!" and you'd have to wonder what his angle is

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mind_Taker posted:

Again, he's an idiot for making that tweet. Sorry for the confusion.

One of my big fears has been that Trump would have the sense to propose a big new deal style mass construction program to cement his popularity, and thus cement all his other horrible evils.

Which is exactly what Bannon was trying to get him to do.

We are really lucky Trump is as dumb as he is.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

It's gonna be some bullshit where a private contractor hosed up or half assed some poo poo and the construction company will just fold with no one held accountable and republicans will increase their cries to privatize everything.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Does anyone have anything I can read about the benefits of slashing the military budget by 80% and shoving that money into public works and the crumbling infrastructure? I want to slow jerk over hypotheticals

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk if this sounds bad or not. but i love the african art/architecture mixed with cyber punk sci fi. its loving bitching.

That's a thing, it's called Afrofuturism. It's stuff like Janelle Monae's concept albums, Samuel Delany novels, Sun Ra, etc

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

One of my big fears has been that Trump would have the sense to propose a big new deal style mass construction program to cement his popularity, and thus cement all his other horrible evils.

I honestly expected him to have a volunteer "Immigration posse" in the style of what Arpaio did in AZ by this point. Indeed we are lucky he sucks at this whole fascism thing.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Congressional staffers are idiot memelords

Levitate posted:

It's gonna be some bullshit where a private contractor hosed up or half assed some poo poo and the construction company will just fold with no one held accountable and republicans will increase their cries to privatize everything.

It was a high-speed train on a track that was never designed for high-speed trains. Somebody really hosed up.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Any plan they come up, that has a chance in hell of passing, involve selling off infrastructure projects to for-profit enterprises. Not just contracting out the work--selling off the entire drat thing. That'll go over as expected.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Levitate posted:

Don’t spread bullshit about things like this. Real people died and good investigations take months if not longer.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

:stare: That can't be real.

The Phlegmatist posted:

It was a high-speed train on a track that was never designed for high-speed trains. Somebody really hosed up.

Reminds me of when they were putting commuter trains in Austin, when they discovered that the rail road crossings in a few locations could not support passenger cars. They found this out on the first full trip with the city council on board.

Zil fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 18, 2017

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Levitate posted:

I might be wrong, but I think the train was new, but the track was old. News kept going on and on about how it was a freight line that Amtrak doesn't own.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Phlegmatist posted:

I wonder if Jeff Flake is still happy his campaign to get rid of earmarks succeeded, which effectively hobbled the ability of the party to whip votes and opened the door to the nonsense we see these days.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Slugworth posted:

I might be wrong, but I think the train was new, but the track was old. News kept going on and on about how it was a freight line that Amtrak doesn't own.

It was a new bypass on an existing line, whose purpose was to allow Amtrack passenger trains to zip through the Tacoma area at nearly 80 miles per hour and shave 10 minutes off the trip time from Seattle to Portland. The train that derailed this morning was the first one to go through at that speed.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The Phlegmatist posted:

Reminder that, since the rail system in the US is approximately 100 years behind the rest of the world, "high speed train" in this context is 80mph.

gently caress nimbys gimme my bullet trains

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Blitz7x posted:

Does anyone have anything I can read about the benefits of slashing the military budget by 80% and shoving that money into public works and the crumbling infrastructure? I want to slow jerk over hypotheticals

Increase the military budget by 80% and have the army corp build everything. Bring back the CCC and put the army in charge of it. gently caress the neoliberal privatization of government services.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Really though the Trump Presidency has been everything I was worried it would be, from Trump filling up positions with completely inexperienced rich people, to the massive Tax Breaks he's giving himself and his rich buddies, to giving corporations free reign to just gently caress over the public at whim.

I cannot figure out how anyone could have thought this would go differently because it was so blatantly obvious from the get go how things would turn out.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Trump about to spout some nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXiUddxbiI

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"Proud to be joined by House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy." Oh I love that guy, he's hilarious.

Zil posted:

:stare: That can't be real.

Reminds me of when they were putting commuter trains in Austin, when they discovered that the rail road crossings in a few locations could not support passenger cars. They found this out on the first full trip with the city council on board.

Like anime, it is re--- wait what the gently caress it actually is real.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

khy posted:

Really though the Trump Presidency has been everything I was worried it would be, from Trump filling up positions with completely inexperienced rich people, to the massive Tax Breaks he's giving himself and his rich buddies, to giving corporations free reign to just gently caress over the public at whim.

I cannot figure out how anyone could have thought this would go differently because it was so blatantly obvious from the get go how things would turn out.

They've failed to pass basically any legislation despite having a death grip on 2 of 3 branches and packing attempts in the courts. This is far from the worst case scenario

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Koalas March posted:

everything about Demi is so loving tragic.

I posted in this in uspol but it got drowned out by slapfighting:

I mean... yeah, George Zimmerman is a loving racist shithead. I'd really rather he be eaten by an alligator at never be heard from again at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Speculation but I believe Mueller might have a dead man’s switch if Trump attempts to fire him in the form of a sealed indictment to be executed in the case of Trump attempting to fire Mueller. I think it might be Sessions, maybe the White House Counsel too. If Trump declares publically that he will fire Mueller, the FBI executes. Trump needs to order someone to fire Mueller but what if he does and that person is being arrested?

• Locked thread