Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Samael posted:

Are the postmoogle quests tied to the hildibrand quests? I have gotten up to level 11 or 12 or so and the deputy postmoogle disappeared, the only thing I haven't really done much are those quests, is there something I'm missing?

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Delivery_Moogle_Quest

Look for the last one you completed in your journal and check the prereqs for the next quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

I don't care for the lancer or dragoon job stories. 50-60 in particular is just the story of how you're a poo poo teacher.

Always pick classes based on ~stories and lore~

Story: One time, I hosed up 8000 mobs at once with holy
Lore: Legend tells of a WHM who hosed up 8000 mobs at once with holy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gruckles posted:

Not Hildibrand, but that means you haven't done the sidequest that the next postmoogle quest is a follow up to.

It's probably that one in upper central shroud for the sadistic biologist.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Story: One time, I hosed up 8000 mobs at once with holy
Lore: Legend tells of a WHM who hosed up 8000 mobs at once with holy.

Aoe's have a set maximum number of mobs they can hit you LIAR

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Aoe's have a set maximum number of mobs they can hit you LIAR

I’m not sure this applies to psychological damage.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Got my AST to 50 yesterday and it really starts to become hella fun running content that doesn't level you down. This class owns

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Got my AST to 50 yesterday and it really starts to become hella fun running content that doesn't level you down. This class owns

When it owns it owns. When you've rolled 28 boles in a row on raid content it really blows though. Especially when they redraw into spire :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The card mechanic is kinda fun to work with in 4-man content and teeth-grindingly frustrating to work with in 8-man content. At least Spear isn't dogshit any longer.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The worst is sleeve draw into 50% Spread with a held spire and a ewer that you promptly re-roll into a spire.

Really the Ewer and Spire should be combined into one card and the spire made into something else.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah spire is 50% AOE fodder only. I've never felt like I have a use for it, ever.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Has the new relic grind started?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SirPhoebos posted:

Has the new relic grind started?

Not yet. And no news of it for the 4.2 patch.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I still need to finish the old relic grind. Probably going to unsync some Hardflox for it next time I'm on.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Okay so I mostly BRD and I've noticed that my EXDR runs with DRGs are insanely fast.

Like, on most runs I'm at least 4.3k+ and the other DPS might get up to 3k. Which, y'know, whatever. It's EXDR, not brain surgery, it's fine if the other guy's only half awake. But I've been getting grouped with DRGs a lot lately and both of us are parsing at 5k+ every time. I don't know anything about DRGs or meta or theorycraft, so can someone tell me why tossing a DRG at a BRD makes both go into turbo mode?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And then I requeued instantly.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you should have probably just casted protect, but i guess i do not derive satisfaction from being an rear end in a top hat to internet strangers and as such your ways are entirely alien to me

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

The tank shouts, "Protect"/do you have stairs in your house?/you are protected

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Not yet. And no news of it for the 4.2 patch.

It's confirmed for 4.2 but not exactly what you're doing to get your relics other than NM world boss poo poo.

Fister Roboto posted:

Excellent work.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you should have probably just casted protect, but i guess i do not derive satisfaction from being an rear end in a top hat to internet strangers and as such your ways are entirely alien to me

Ignore this.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Part of why I joined the forums was our reputation for being annoying in MMOs.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Part of why I joined the forums was our reputation for being annoying in MMOs.

give your mother my sincere condolences that her child wound up a hosed up weirdo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
yeah idg the funny part here

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kashuno posted:

yeah idg the funny part here

Protect does almost nothing, so there's not a whole lot of point casting it (or having it slotted at all) for most content- but pubbies flip their poo poo if they don't have protect.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Hyperactive posted:

Okay so I mostly BRD and I've noticed that my EXDR runs with DRGs are insanely fast.

Like, on most runs I'm at least 4.3k+ and the other DPS might get up to 3k. Which, y'know, whatever. It's EXDR, not brain surgery, it's fine if the other guy's only half awake. But I've been getting grouped with DRGs a lot lately and both of us are parsing at 5k+ every time. I don't know anything about DRGs or meta or theorycraft, so can someone tell me why tossing a DRG at a BRD makes both go into turbo mode?

DRGs give a pierce debuff which makes you do more damage, Dragon Sight which makes you do more damage, and a crit aura. And decent AOE which just makes it go faster in general.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The annoyance of wrestling with your UI to swap Protect in and out isn't worth the benefit you get from casting it in anything that isn't savage. Macros to switch it are jank as gently caress. It's atrocious game design that it's a role action and not a baked in effect to all characters. The number of runs that have been saved by having protect on even in savage is probably closer to 10 than 100 in the entirety of the game's history.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just put Protect on a separate hotbar and cast it anyway because I try to be nice. Shift+3,1,Shift+1 isn't much work for me. Then again I also keep the Sects on that bar as well since I don't change them often.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

The annoyance of wrestling with your UI to swap Protect in and out isn't worth the benefit you get from casting it in anything that isn't savage. Macros to switch it are jank as gently caress. It's atrocious game design that it's a role action and not a baked in effect to all characters. The number of runs that have been saved by having protect on even in savage is probably closer to 10 than 100 in the entirety of the game's history.

How do you feel about tanks who don't use their defensive cooldowns?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

The disappointing part is that people refuse to see it at least as an optional buff that a healer may not have on their bars. Protect is flashy so there's always an illusion of being super protected when it's on.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It takes like 3 seconds to push the "swap (x) out for Protect, cast protect, swap (x) back in" macro. It takes longer to be an rear end in a top hat than it does to cast protect. Yes, the effect is absurdly minimal and it's a badly designed skill. It's still silly to try to take a stand on it.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Kashuno posted:

I just put Protect on a separate hotbar and cast it anyway because I try to be nice. Shift+3,1,Shift+1 isn't much work for me. Then again I also keep the Sects on that bar as well since I don't change them often.

But the point is that having Protect means dropping something else; when I'm healing, I almost always have Lucid/Largesse/Swiftcast/Cleric's/E4E, with one of the last two being swapped out for Esuna if I really need it. I wouldn't rather have Protect than any of those, and people (especially pubs) aren't inclined to wait around while I swap in Protect > cast it > swap back out.

E: and I mean yeah I guess I could just make a macro but like, why. As much as you can complain that it's a waste of time to take a stand against it, it's just as much a waste of time for a tank to stand around twiddling his thumbs until it gets cast.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

On the other hand, it takes exactly zero seconds to not whine about not having protect, especially when the healer is keeping you alive regardless.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
My search comment has been "#DeleteProtect" since Stormblood launched.

I still wait for it as a tank and use it as a healer (via swap macro) so pubbies don't whine at me though. Actively fighting that mentality was a losing battle before the drat game came out.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I am a genius humorist. I queue is WHM, but little do they know, I took all the cure spells off my bar. Lol.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

On the other hand, it takes exactly zero seconds to not whine about not having protect, especially when the healer is keeping you alive regardless.

In my experience even people who are not assholes about it tend to wait for Protect to be casted unless something is said or they're the type who takes off running before you can cast protect normally anyway. I've tried going without Protect and it ends up meaning we sit around for 30 seconds at the start of the dungeon. In comparison it takes no time at all to cast Protect. v:shobon:v

It's a lovely spell. They need to fix or remove it. Until they do the standard is people expecting it to be casted. It takes less time to just cast the drat spell than to try to argue with randoms.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

It's confirmed for 4.2 but not exactly what you're doing to get your relics other than NM world boss poo poo.

Cool. Must have missed that in the live letter notes.

Protect is basically worthless, but I like the comparisons to actual healing spells and defensive cooldowns.

Half the role actions in the game are garbage and the system still feels entirely pointless.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

If nobody takes a stand people will keep thinking it's mandatory. Fister Roboto is a hero we deserve.
I mean, ideally, if you want to waste everyone's time you could explain the value in numbers because they probably have no idea and maybe it's all it takes a person to change their opinion.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Frabba posted:

How do you feel about tanks who don't use their defensive cooldowns?

Glagha posted:

I am a genius humorist. I queue is WHM, but little do they know, I took all the cure spells off my bar. Lol.

Healing spells and defensive cooldowns are orders of magnitude more useful than protect. It's not even comparable.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shy posted:

If nobody takes a stand people will keep thinking it's mandatory. Fister Roboto is a hero we deserve.
I mean, ideally, if you want to waste everyone's time you could explain the value in numbers because they probably have no idea and maybe it's all it takes a person to change their opinion.

People are going to think it is mandatory until it goes away because it's a single cast at the start of a dungeon/trial/whatever that gives a defensive buff. The fact that it is mechanically unimportant doesn't change the fact that it is the barest extra defense for almost no effort. FFXIV is a game of eeking out the smallest extra benefit even when it isn't actually remotely necessary and people are going to want that.

It's a lovely almost-worthless buff but it's a buff that exists and is trivial to obtain so people are going to continue to expect it until it goes away or gets turned into the PVP version like it should be.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Coming back from 2.5 to 4.1x, let me tell you how Role actions are stupid hot garbage, even worse than the original "level this other class you may/may not want to unlock skills for the job you do want"

And yeah imo just cast protect until they delete the useless piece of poo poo

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I like Protect. Ideally it stays but does absolutely loving nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Fister Roboto posted:

Healing spells and defensive cooldowns are orders of magnitude more useful than protect. It's not even comparable.

This is SA where we get upset when people play videogames differently from us and make analogies that it's equivalent to kicking dogs when they do so

Kashuno posted:

Coming back from 2.5 to 4.1x, let me tell you how Role actions are stupid hot garbage, even worse than the original "level this other class you may/may not want to unlock skills for the job you do want"

They're some illusion of choice bullshit but at least you don't have to level monk