Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
gotta put some Tone Sweat on the guitar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Kilometers Davis posted:

This is basically a voyeur video of me jamming everyday but I’m thiccer and don’t always wear a shirt while I play.

keep going I'm almost there

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GreatGreen posted:

keep going I'm almost there

sometimes I switch from noodly ambient guitar to playing Van Halen riffs out of nowhere

I also do a weird hissing thing when I’m really into my playing for some reason

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Anime Reference posted:

I don't understand why someone would own one BC Rich, let alone multiple.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm the two acoustics half hidden on either side

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Reference posted:

I don't understand why someone would own one BC Rich, let alone multiple.

well i mean kerry king has had his endorsement deal with them for ages

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Does BC Rich make any instruments that don't look like a black metal font?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

They used to make one called the gunslinger which was just a super strat.
They also made an eagle model that looked kinda like a melted strat.
Mockingbirds are cool too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thumposaurus posted:

Mockingbirds are cool too.

Mockingbirds are their only good guitar and holy gently caress I seriously want everyone to try one because they're incredible.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, okay, those are reasonable-looking.

I just am used to immediately thinking "designed by a try-hard tattooist" with most of their guitars.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

hexwren posted:

Yeah, okay, those are reasonable-looking.

I just am used to immediately thinking "designed by a try-hard tattooist" with most of their guitars.

They somehow failed in the completely right direction with that guitar. The body is like a really goofy explorer but the neck is 25" scale length and feels like some of the old Gibson 335s (whichever era was the thin one, not the baseball one). Sure it's kinda ugly compared to an explorer but they have the heart and soul of metal. Also because no one likes them you can get them for cheap online.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Shugojin posted:

I'm the two acoustics half hidden on either side

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I don't get it man, I bought this guitar but somehow all I can play on it is the intro to Seasons in the Abyss.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

I don't get it man, I bought this guitar but somehow all I can play on it is the intro to Seasons in the Abyss.

you say that like it's a problem

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

well i mean kerry king has had his endorsement deal with them for ages

gently caress that guy, though (RIP Jeff.)

I'll admit that the Mockingbird looks reasonable enough that I could see myself playing one (not exactly a ringing endorsement if you've seen my other guitars) but the rest cross the line into bad-ridiculous.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

The Muppets On PCP posted:

you say that like it's a problem
The problem is he wanted to.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Mockingbird's are cool.

The stealth, aka the Chuck Schuldiner model owns though.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
I maintain a soft spot for the Jr V because Pat O'brien plays one and I wish I had 1% of his chops

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

What are you trying to tell me about myself, YouTube?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The 80s active circuits in BC Richs designed by Neal Moser are some loving secret sauce like a motherfucker. Look at the guitars Neal Moser makes on his own now, they are definitely carrying on the tacky legacy of 80s BC Rich: https://www.nealmoserguitars.com

Also, this may be a bit extreme but this is (hilariously) making GBS threads on the accomplishments of Leo Fender in a way that I find crosses some sort of really nerdy line:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Malaria posted:

Mockingbird's are cool.

The single pick-up makes this, I love the simplicity.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Also, this may be a bit extreme but this is (hilariously) making GBS threads on the accomplishments of Leo Fender in a way that I find crosses some sort of really nerdy line:

Would

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Malaria posted:

Mockingbird's are cool.

Ibanez made a knock-off called the Xiphos and I could never get into it. I think I actually don't mind this form too much.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The 80s active circuits in BC Richs designed by Neal Moser are some loving secret sauce like a motherfucker. Look at the guitars Neal Moser makes on his own now, they are definitely carrying on the tacky legacy of 80s BC Rich: https://www.nealmoserguitars.com

this guy is near me and he claims to be affiliated with Moser in some way

Though he does do a pretty standard les paul, tele, and flying V (and posts neat pictures to facebook about assorted guitars in different stages of production)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shugojin posted:

this guy is near me and he claims to be affiliated with Moser in some way

Though he does do a pretty standard les paul, tele, and flying V (and posts neat pictures to facebook about assorted guitars in different stages of production)

Wow I like their Les Paul headstock. How did nobody else think to raise the ends of the "open book" into devil horns before?!?!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Wow I like their Les Paul headstock. How did nobody else think to raise the ends of the "open book" into devil horns before?!?!

Hahaha I hadn't noticed that.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Holy hell those are some fugly guitars, and I kinda like BC Rich.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

quote:

This site is built and maintained by H.E.L.Guitars.... It is functional, not flashy, "Flash" costs money and this would raise the price of our guitars.... Our
customers seem to think that the money would be better spent making their guitars rock than making a flashy website! We agree!

lol

Some of those look nice though

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
http://www.helguitars.com/sitebuilder/images/56-67-259x600.jpg

Won't let me embed, but this one is pretty drat nice.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

What's that inlay, I think it was on Ovation electrics?, that looks like a propeller with 2 props? I want that inlay on that V. So mint bro.

kinda like this but the two "props" are longer and the center is a circle/dot shape.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah that one I actually just legit like, it's a standard shaped flying v with nice wood.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You can tell they don't sell any, though, because the V is a shape Gibson cease and desists your rear end on right quick. EGC was making a run of them and got lawyered on with extreme prejudice.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Can’t wait for Gibson to implode :/

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Reminds me of my old V2 but drat I wish mine had humbuckers

Obv not my picture. I still love that drat guitar, it was my first and I’ve had it over 30 years now :kimchi:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Kilometers Davis posted:

:same:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kilometers Davis posted:

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

My dream for when Gibson goes under is that Fender will buy them and just make cheap les pauls that are only sold at Walmart.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Malaria posted:

My dream for when Gibson goes under is that Fender will buy them and just make cheap les pauls that are only sold at Walmart.

Gibson already makes those the sub brand is maestro or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lord almighty.