Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

nah
Mar 16, 2009

i was joking about SNL, their political poo poo in the age of Trump is unbearable to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the only reason i didn't hit yo uwith a 6 hour probation is i didn't think it was possible it was serious

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The SNL Trump thing was pretty funny at first but you can tell the hate for him is genuine instead of "lol politicians" that fuels true political satire.

I mean, they got it with Sean Spicer because even though the guy was a blowhard they went after his antics than anything.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

seeing Alec Baldwin win an Emmy for that impression really made me loathe how up its own rear end Hollywood is at the moment. more than ever they're embracing their #resistance bullshit and everything sucks dick now

anyway, The Simpsons went downhill once it moved from Thursdays back to Sundays

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's a real bad Trump impression. They should have stuck with Darrel Hammond, except I dunno he's constantly falling off the wagon so maybe they don't trust him to last 4 years.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

You guys missed the end with the maid and the call for help for Puerto Rico

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the last good thing alec baldwin did was the speech at the top of glengarry glenross

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

That happened in season 6, so no.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wait, no, I know

I know the moment when the Simpsons turned its back on me, the moment when the Simpsons broke my heart

It was in Season 11, when I found out that they had stolen "Jebus" from Family Guy, rather than the other way around

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AJebus

Like .... why

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

the last good thing alec baldwin did was the speech at the top of glengarry glenross

loving Jack Motherfucking Donaghy

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

seeing Alec Baldwin win an Emmy for that impression really made me loathe how up its own rear end Hollywood is at the moment. more than ever they're embracing their #resistance bullshit and everything sucks dick now

They're all childfuckers anyway.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Earwicker posted:

also a much better Trump impression

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
In the latest episode Homer discovers Smothers is gay

wrf seriosuly

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

loving Jack Motherfucking Donaghy

yeah that was good role too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nonviolent J posted:

In the latest episode Homer discovers Smothers is gay

wrf seriosuly

wait really? i think i actually watched it too but drat its background noise. you talking about the sideshow bob ep?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Data Graham posted:

Wait, no, I know

I know the moment when the Simpsons turned its back on me, the moment when the Simpsons broke my heart

It was in Season 11, when I found out that they had stolen "Jebus" from Family Guy, rather than the other way around

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AJebus

Like .... why

Like how they stole the "Death is AWOL, so no one can die" bit later on? It's from a Terry Pratchett book, but Family Guy stole it first!

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The fact that the simpsons is stealing jokes that family guy already stole is hilarious, and utterly unsurprising.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
I don’t think it’s originally from Terry Pratchett either, considering how much his Death was informed by The Seventh Seal which was a reinvention of medieval morality plays. Sisyphus is the earliest example of Death Takes a Holiday I can think of..

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
In any case the idea is thousands of years old.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It at least dates back to Homer

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Justin Godscock posted:

The SNL Trump thing was pretty funny at first but you can tell the hate for him is genuine instead of "lol politicians" that fuels true political satire.

I mean, they got it with Sean Spicer because even though the guy was a blowhard they went after his antics than anything.

That's stupid though.

Like here in the Simpsons, they constantly portrayed the Republicans as the embodiment of evil in all its forms, it went way beyond 'lol politicians'.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwrWaUSyOk8

nah
Mar 16, 2009

they shows the Republicans as evil and the Democrats as spineless pussies. sometimes......what's fiction, is actualy not...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I have to wonder why a good 90% of all Simpsons .gifs and clips bear the KCPQ Channel 13 watermark from the late 90's/early 2000's.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Nooner posted:

Bart moves out and lives in building with Tony Hawk

I stopped watching the Simpsons in the 2000s and even when I catch reruns of the show, I'll only watch them if they're from the 80s or 90s. Anything beyond that, the humor just doesn't seem to click with me.

The Tony Hawk episode is one I caught at random and it really cemented the fact I hate newer Simpson's. I also got sucked into watching the episode where Homer becomes a hipster and it made me cringe the entire time.

I can glady say that I have not seen any of those clips in the OP. I don't think I want to, either. None of them sound appealing in the least.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tony Hawk isn't even new, that episode is from a pretty long time ago.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Phlegmish posted:

Tony Hawk isn't even new, that episode is from a pretty long time ago.

Original air date February 16, 2003

it can't be

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

well tony hawk is like 50 now

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Original air date February 16, 2003

it can't be

lmao I first saw this when I was studying for my bar mitzvah, and even then I was stricken by how unfunny it was

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

khwarezm posted:

That's stupid though.

Like here in the Simpsons, they constantly portrayed the Republicans as the embodiment of evil in all its forms, it went way beyond 'lol politicians'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuDzSB4gN0

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Did Simpsons ever make fun of W? I stopped watching right as he became president.

I wanna see some hack “lol monkey bush” clips.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

no but there was a 9/11 episode where the bart cried after watching the towers collapse and lisa went to work on a fishing boat with the sea captain and sideshow mel

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
I have no idea when it was but there's an episode where Homer completely without context blurts out "who will we go to war with next??? anything is possible with commander coocoo bananas in charge" and that was the first time I literally thought to myself "what the gently caress is this" regarding the Simpsons

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

SeANMcBAY posted:

Did Simpsons ever make fun of W? I stopped watching right as he became president.

I wanna see some hack “lol monkey bush” clips.

Not at the time, no. No one did and certainly not the Simpsons.

From the when someone asked about this earlier:

Scudworth posted:

The american media as a whole rarely if ever mocked GW Bush during his tenure due to 9/11 and "respecting the office" during times of crisis. It was hosed up and awful. America was in such a state of perpetual terror and desperation that no one dared, it was an unquestioning time of paranoia. It's almost impossible to imagine compared to now. I was just explaining this to some kids the other day re: why Kanye West calling him a racist on live TV, and the release of Fahrenheit 9/11, was loving mind blowing heroics at the time vs what happens on Twitter 24/7 these days.
If there is another crisis it will happen again.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I always remember the first one I properly noticed something up on was the one where they find smithers' dad's corpse. I remember the animation of Marge throwing the paper towels and the terrible voice acting laid over it

Not sure why I remember it so much

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
There was that Comedy Central show "That's my Bush!"

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Family guy was p merciless with GWB is a dumbass jokes.

It’s such a poo poo show and I’m seven seasons into my binge and not one season is nearly as funny as peak Simpson’s.

And they always eat the exact same meal, it is a really minor detail but pisses me off

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I remember when Futurama used cg stuff to do scenes that would be too hard for traditional animation (and probably paid a lot to get it done.)

Now you get sad, bad looking cg everytime a character in a cartoon drives a car.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't remember if Team America made any specific jokes @ Bush but it did make fun of America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Now do Classical Gas
https://youtu.be/An7qkSXmVH4