Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

EVIL Gibson posted:

Hey. Haven't played this game since when this game first came out so I started the game with a Loki frame.

For mods, I have no clue what I should upgrade and I've already spent a potato i had in my inventory for not logging in for five years on my Loki frame. I was dying a lot and upgraded my shields to 4 drain and stuck it the slot that halves it.

I did the Twitch Prime thing since it comes for free with Amazon Prime and have that axe and frame that came with it.

I kind of enjoy being a complete stranger newbie running from empire State building sized robots who send balls of "gently caress yo bot" death.

Are the bounties on this poo poo hole planet worth it or should I be making my way off it asap?

Loki is a frame so good they removed it from the starter options, so congrats on having picked it.

The twitch prime stuff (Frost Prime, Soma Prime, Scindo prime) is very nice. Correctly upgraded it can take you up to the end game. The plains are a weird place right now since it being the first "giant map" in game they wanted for everyone, from new players to veterans, to have something to do on it.

For the new players its a nice place to visit from time to time, do a bounty or some gathering for a change of pace from regular missions. I suggest you dont spend too much time there and instead focus on the starchart unlocking planets and quests untill you have completed "the second dream" quest (Dont spoil yourself on it. Seriously, dont.) since most of the basic mods you need dont drop from the plain reward tables. Also unlocking planets will allow you to take part in more and better alerts and access to more ressources type and passive ressource gathering for crafting stuff.

As for the veterans...
Well, in the word of Filthy Frank : Welcome to the rice fields, mother fuckers.

Welcome aboard, be sure to join the clan.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

SSNeoman posted:

GONNA CALL IT HERE FOR A BIT AND SEE HOW MUCH PLAT I HAVE LEFT THANKS FOR COMING Y'ALL!!!

Oh crap, thanks man! This was awesome of you!

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
You can't spell failure without U R A

Sazabi posted:

:frogsiren:With the recent elections causing a great rift between family and friends who forgot which side America was on during WW2. The money I saved for holidays gifts is virtually untouched. AND THAT MEANS I'M PASSING THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU!:frogsiren: So like I guess Neo made all streamlined, so same guidelines with the things.

SA name: amok
WF name: amok07
MR: 4 or maybe 5 i forget
Monetary wish roughly equal to 150plat: Classic Saturated Palette and then potatoes if you feel like it, also merry Christmas and holidays and yuletide to you too!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Sazabi posted:

:frogsiren:With the recent elections causing a great rift between family and friends who forgot which side America was on during WW2. The money I saved for holidays gifts is virtually untouched. AND THAT MEANS I'M PASSING THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU!:frogsiren: So like I guess Neo made all streamlined, so same guidelines with the things.

SA name:
WF name:
MR:
Monetary wish roughly equal to 150plat:
And maybe a shout-out to someone whose been a big help to you in game:

:toot: if the guys and gals who didn't get on Neo's list wanna repost their wish I'd be happy to help them first. But it's open season to the rest of you.:toot:
Merry Christmas!

If you've got more plat burning a hole in your pocket, I'm always down for getting some stuff. I got some from VCR Enthusiast, so pass over me if someone else needs stuff.

SA Name: bbcisdabomb
WF Name: bbcisdabomb
MR: 12
Monetary wish about 150plat: Can I get just a bunch of weapon and frame slots? Like 4 frame slots and 6 weapon slots would be awesome.

Thanks!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sazabi posted:

:toot: if the guys and gals who didn't get on Neo's list wanna repost their wish I'd be happy to help them first. But it's open season to the rest of you.:toot:
Merry Christmas!

SA name: RPATDO_LAMD
WF name: BAD_AT_VIDEOGAMES
MR: 13
Wish: Solstice Kavat + Nistlebrush gene-masking kits, and a stasis slot. I have all the vials of cat pee I need to to build my very own pet, so I figure I ought to make her as festive as possible.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Oh my gosh, SSNeoman thank you so much for the gifts and the delightfully silly messages that went with it. Ya'lls a bunch of generous space ninjas for sho.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so did SSNeoman Galtse everyone or was i just a special fellow

Sgt. Goku
Sep 29, 2007

"Thank you!"
I first tried this game out about three years ago after watching the Giantbomb quick look of it. Now that I've graduated, found stable employment, and run out of other things to play, I figured I'd give this game another shot.

And what do you know, it's still pretty fun! It's kind of crazy to see actual cutscenes and the way they've expanded the star map stuff out. I just submitted my information for the guild, though I'm at work until later in the evening so I can't join the discord for a while. I think I was even in the guild during my brief stint three years, but I got a little overwhelmed with just how much stuff in the game is just not explained to you.

If anyone's still got any holiday plat left over, here's my info:

SA name: Sgt. Goku
WF name: Sheyanera
MR: 6
Wish: Moth Syandana Pack, if possible! My frames need some pretty ninjacloaks :3:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I really hope the hunhow's gift bundle goes on sale for one of these daily sales. I'd like to pick up that that stuff to help maximize my space anime

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Warframe really does have the best community.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 8, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Sazabi posted:

i'm sorry about the IRL poo poo you're putting up with but I wholeheartedly like your plan :v:

SA: Psion
WF: notpsion
MR: 6 (hoping to hit 7 today though)
Giftwish: Classic Saturated and a Forma bundle or two. I need to make my frame look fantastic and to make my Soma do way more damage!

Mad Shoutout: ClonedPickle for being a+ good, all the Tennobaum gifters (watching Tallgeese manage gifting in chat was worth the price of admission alone) and the two people who carried my terrible self through a bunch of index runs a few nights ago, and kxZyle for dealing with my shameful lack of mesos to crack the other day.

basically 'put up with me being new, therefore bad' is a direct ticket to appreciation town

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Wait I want to change my shout-out to kxZyle for having a really sweet orbiter paint job.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Psion posted:

basically 'put up with me being new, therefore bad' is a direct ticket to appreciation town

I am firmly convinced that the fact that this is kind of the default, even among the pubbies, is the real reason why Warframe has succeeded as it has, rather than matters of anime lasers or double flips.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

yo instead of giving away stuff somebody hit me with a rad redeemer riven instead!!!!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

RFC2324 posted:

not asking for anything but shout out to all the generous tennobaum goons

:same:

The spirit of tennomas is in the air, which means you need to open air kits because glitter and tinsel are pretty bad in your lungs.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Vargs posted:

Warframe really does have the best community.

I can't disprove that, but I still don't quite trust anyone who doesn't waggle their ship about on the loading screen...

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Pipski posted:

I can't disprove that, but I still don't quite trust anyone who doesn't waggle their ship about on the loading screen...

Amen, brother. I've only played two rounds where all 4 people moved their ships. I'm skeptical when I'm the only one moving.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

if I start wiggling my ship everyone usually follows suit. I wish there was a barrel roll button (or aileron roll, for the pedantic among us like, uh me)

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Pipski posted:

Maybe my favorite thing about this game is that oftentimes nobody moves their ship, but if you do, 99% of the time the majority of the group will join in.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Vargs posted:

Maybe my favorite thing about this game is that oftentimes nobody moves their ship, but if you do, 99% of the time the majority of the group will join in.

I'm convinced that moving my ship makes the game load more slowly.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vargs posted:

Hahahaha that is the one thing I keep seeing and it's awesome.

Waiting for three other people to load. Party dead.

"Look at what I can do"

Party now started

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Abandon archwing and just let me pilot my drat ship around freelancer style

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
The Damage 2.5 physical damage preview is up

If I am reading it right (and I may not be), RIP Hunter Munitions On Elemental Weapons 2017-2017. You were too beautiful for this world

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sounds like it could still be really good for some weapons but we'll have to see how the specific numbers turn out

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

quote:

Slash has long been considered the most powerful of these effects, primarily because Slash procs stack on top of one another and scale with weapon damage
No you idiots it's because of armor scaling.

Also puncture still seems useless. Woo, up to 75% damage reduction :confuoot:. Meanwhile impact is instant 100% damage reduction until you stop shooting and the enemy eventually unstaggers/un-ragdolls and slash actually does damage.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Soothing Vapors posted:

The Damage 2.5 physical damage preview is up

If I am reading it right (and I may not be), RIP Hunter Munitions On Elemental Weapons 2017-2017. You were too beautiful for this world

I don't see how this necessarily hurts Hunter Munitions or crit/status weapons in general.

quote:

We are also making a change in how a proc’s associated damage output is calculated - before, a Slash proc would scale based on the weapon’s total base damage output. Now, all procs will be calculated using ONLY the damage type of the proc that is being inflicted.

Crits in Warframe are just taking all of your elemental and IPS damage values and multiplying them on specific shots, so a 8x crit on an attack that proc's slash could be a proc that's 8x as powerful than otherwise. Hunter Munitions uses your entire weapon's damage to calculate the strength of its slash proc, so it should remain largely unchanged.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

No you idiots it's because of armor scaling.

Also puncture still seems useless. Woo, up to 75% damage reduction :confuoot:. Meanwhile impact is instant 100% damage reduction until you stop shooting and the enemy eventually unstaggers/un-ragdolls and slash actually does damage.

It's also a 100% reduction in your own damage once impact procs.

turn off the TV posted:

I don't see how this necessarily hurts Hunter Munitions or crit/status weapons in general.

Crits in Warframe are just taking all of your elemental and IPS damage values and multiplying them on specific shots, so a 8x crit on an attack that proc's slash could be a proc that's 8x as powerful than otherwise. Hunter Munitions uses your entire weapon's damage to calculate the strength of its slash proc, so it should remain largely unchanged.

Slash procs will be calculated from the slash value the weapon has. If it's an elemental weapon then that's zero. Same for stances with built-in procs.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

S.J. posted:

Tenno Alpha One (pause) dash (pause) One, you are clear for launch.

we don't run this orokin derelict but we have an arrangement with the people who do

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

paranoid randroid posted:

so did SSNeoman Galtse everyone or was i just a special fellow

he learned that they censor the word 'pimp' in gift messages when he sent me an orokin color palette, so there's that

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Quirkk posted:

Slash procs will be calculated from the slash value the weapon has. If it's an elemental weapon then that's zero. Same for stances with built-in procs.

Right, but my thinking was that Hunter Munitions could turn out to be a 30% chance of a slash proc that scales off of the crit that triggers it. It was released not too long ago as part of a mod set that seems entirely geared around Khora, so it seems strange that they would design a mod for a Warframe that was designed for the new damage calculations and then break the mod with the new damage calculations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

turn off the TV posted:

Good to know. Do slash Stance-based procs work the same way, or not because they're not crits?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Psion posted:

we don't run this orokin derelict but we have an arrangement with the people who do

Freelancer was art

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

Right, but my thinking was that Hunter Munitions could turn out to be a 30% chance of a slash proc that scales off of the crit that triggers it. It was released not too long ago as part of a mod set that seems entirely geared around Khora, so it seems strange that they would design a mod for a Warframe that was designed for the new damage calculations and then break the mod with the new damage calculations.

They're changing the values that slash procs are based off, that's the change that's happening in the post. Doesn't matter if it's an 8x crit or whatever, it's where the base value that's coming from that's changed. A 30% chance of 8x 0 damage slash proc is still nothing. If there are exceptions to that then they aren't mentioned in the post.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Psion posted:

god, yes, please

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

THE ANOINTED TIME IS UPON US ONCE MORE!

:siren:WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE RETURN OF NEO'S GIFT SHACK!:siren:

For the good goons in this clan, I will be giving out free gifts!
Just pick 150 plat worth of whatever poo poo you need from the market, and I will gift it to you whenever I get the chance! This applies to not one, not two, but twenty count em twenty of the lucky ducks who catch this message.

Please post in the following format so I don't have to think hard while giving away free poo poo as I will likely be drunk during this process.

SA Name:
In-game Username:
Mastery Rank:

Items requested:

-Make sure the total doesn't exceed 150 p
-I will sort this list depending on how long folks were in the clan and what your MR is. I will prioritize folks with lower MR.
-If I have plat left over, I will continue to the dude number 21 and so on.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Sazabi posted:

SA name:
WF name:
MR:
Monetary wish roughly equal to 150plat:
And maybe a shout-out to someone whose been a big help to you in game:

Merry Christmas!

You people are the reason why Warframe have such a nice reputation as a good community. Its nice to play a game where there is no ridiculous "Goonfear" among the pubbies.

Sorry for the family feud, Sazabi. Maybe soon your country will come to its sense and realise that even if its better than most alternatives, democracy is not immune to failure.

Thanks to you both i now have everything i could wish for. Happy Tennobaum to both of you from the bottom of my cold, hollyday hating heart.

SSNeoman would also like me to tell the forum the following. These are his most blessed words relayed to you verbatim :

SSNeoman via Warframe Inbox posted:

gwt wf goons in thread to give you a froum avi tell me i did this i have redtext they cannot do sht to me

Bless your drunken, generous heart most kind Tenno.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 19, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Quirkk posted:

They're changing the values that slash procs are based off, that's the change that's happening in the post. Doesn't matter if it's an 8x crit or whatever, it's where the base value that's coming from that's changed. A 30% chance of 8x 0 damage slash proc is still nothing. If there are exceptions to that then they aren't mentioned in the post.

I'm sure that the system is more nuanced than what they said in their overview. They described the current system as calculating procs with cumulative base damage, but the current system uses crits, so crits are apparently counted as base damage at the moment. Will they count as base damage when IPS procs scale to individual damage types? There isn't really any way of knowing at the moment, so I'm just going with what makes the most sense to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've been encouraging a friend to get through Warframe's story quests and watching them go through Natah, then the full horror of the Second Dream has been magical.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

S.J. posted:

They're actually working on that. Some time ago Steve previewed a very rough WIP where he was piloting a ship using the solar rail junction as cockpit and was swerving around Grineer galleons.

The amount of random poo poo the devs are working on is staggering. They might not be as focused but drat if they don't try new things all the time. Even when they don't have enough people and work priority ran with the focus sense of a 5 year old that's easily distracted by some new shiny. Like Geoff forgetting to finish the fan weapons.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

I'm sure that the system is more nuanced than what they said in their overview. They described the current system as calculating procs with cumulative base damage, but the current system uses crits, so crits are apparently counted as base damage at the moment. Will they count as base damage when IPS procs scale to individual damage types? There isn't really any way of knowing at the moment, so I'm just going with what makes the most sense to me.

What? No reason crits wouldn't still be included. Crits are irrelevant to what I'm talking about. Slash proc damage at the moment is based on base damage. They're changing it to calculate from base slash damage only. The crit is just a multiplier. Opticor has no base slash damage so it wouldn't inflict a slash proc with HM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

turn off the TV posted:

Well for example let's look at the Baza: it has 16 total base damage, of which only 3.5 is slash. If you get a slash proc with damage 2.0 (whether it comes from munitions or status chance or whatever), the slash damage will be based on that 16. It will do 245% of that over 6 seconds, which comes out to about 39 damage per proc.
With damage 2.5, the slash proc will only look at the Baza's slash damage. It will do 245% of that tiny 3.5, meaning each slash proc will do 8.6 total damage over its 6 second duration.

Hunter Munitions will go from "good on any crit weapon" to "only useful on crit weapons with a heavy slash bias but status chance so low that you can't just use 60/60 mods and the +120 slash mod instead"

edit:

quote:

Hunter Munitions uses your entire weapon's damage to calculate the strength of its slash proc, so it should remain largely unchanged.

Munitions isn't special about this. All slash status effects currently have this behavior.
This is exactly what they are changing/doing away with.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 19, 2017