Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I could buy you guys a day's supply of overpriced seat-foam textured pretzels for your concession stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm not worried about them moving.

Three years ago? Oh poo poo. But at this point there's nowhere better, and they've got a deal in place for the sale that requires a 20 year commitment to Charlotte.

Charlotte is a crazy up and coming city, the stadium was just renovated, whatever they're fine.

This is going to be a very boring, insiders game of a sale. One of the minority owners is going to get the financing and just take over.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Does Thomas Davis get suspended for his hit on Adams?

I don't really think he should, he obviously felt awful and he isnt a dirty player but with all these suspensions I feel like he gets at least 1 game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Does Michael Jordan want to own a football team?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oh boy the Bucs are going to get slaughtered tomorrow

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Luigi Thirty posted:

oh boy the Bucs are going to get slaughtered tomorrow

41 - 13 Falcons

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Silly Burrito posted:

Does Michael Jordan want to own a football team?

That's my hope.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He hasn't really done much with the Hornets.

Obviously the NFL and NBA are totally different monsters.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Shiki Dan posted:

If only those military veterans knew what they should be offended about or not!

Anyway, I said earlier that any season with a Patriots beating and a playoff berth is technically a good season, but I really don't feel great about potentially losing 3 times to the Saints in one season.

People in the military are stupid as poo poo, with an infinite number of stupid things they'll get offended by.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

I don't really think he should, he obviously felt awful and he isnt a dirty player but with all these suspensions I feel like he gets at least 1 game.

Probably a one-gamer that is dismissed on appeal, although honestly I'd rather him eat the suspension week 16 vs Tampa instead of appealing and risking missing either week 17 against Atlanta or the first playoff game.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

wandler20 posted:

41 - 13 Falcons

21 Falcon points will be on dumb Jameis turnovers. Can we just issue him stickum gloves? They won’t help him pass but he might not lose the ball when sneezed at. Plus if they get found he gets suspended. Win/win, really.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Please do not underestimate the falcons ability to drop games to inferior opponents

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Please do not underestimate the falcons ability to drop games to inferior opponents

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i know it seems like a defeatist attitude but nothing is guaranteed with this team until game night, no matter how bad the opponent is. i wouldn't even assume the browns are an automatic win.

i mean dont' get me wrong i expect them to win, but assuming foregone conclusions with the falcons is a good way to be dissapointed/excited depending on which side of the conclusion you were on

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

oldskool posted:

Probably a one-gamer that is dismissed on appeal, although honestly I'd rather him eat the suspension week 16 vs Tampa instead of appealing and risking missing either week 17 against Atlanta or the first playoff game.

It was a cheap shot but it was a legit block until he went high. I think you contrast that with the plays that have resulted in suspensions, which are usually after the whistle or non-football plays.

If he does get suspended, he should definitely eat it for week 16 though. The Atlanta game could be an elimination game for both teams. Either way, hopefully Shaq Thompson is back to fill in if we lose Davis for a game.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
YALL READY FOR SOME MONDAY NIGHT NFC SOUTH FOOTBALL?

yeah me neither

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

If Davis gets suspended for that hit after Michael Bennett literally attempted to injure someone and faced no punishment then, well, that would be pretty loving NFL.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Slowpoke! posted:

It was a cheap shot but it was a legit block until he went high. I think you contrast that with the plays that have resulted in suspensions, which are usually after the whistle or non-football plays.

If he does get suspended, he should definitely eat it for week 16 though. The Atlanta game could be an elimination game for both teams. Either way, hopefully Shaq Thompson is back to fill in if we lose Davis for a game.

Eh, JuJu's was similar-ish...though I think they suspended him for taunting if I remember right? Adams was fair game no doubt, but there's the whole "defenseless player" thing and the fact that he went high when he really didn't need to.

I do think it will be like Iloka's where he gets a game, appeals, and gets lessened to just a fine.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sent from my iPad posted:

If Davis gets suspended for that hit after Michael Bennett literally attempted to injure someone and faced no punishment then, well, that would be pretty loving NFL.

Would you be surprised if this was the case? Honestly?

Hell, there is no way Gronk should have only had 1 game for his hit and yet here we are. The NFL is consistently inconsistent in their penalties.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Would you be surprised if this was the case? Honestly?

Hell, there is no way Gronk should have only had 1 game for his hit and yet here we are. The NFL is consistently inconsistent in their penalties.

gronk only got one game because he's a big name patriot

at least it revealed to a lot of people what a genuine piece of poo poo he is instead of a Funny Party Man

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

YALL READY FOR SOME MONDAY NIGHT NFC SOUTH FOOTBALL?

yeah me neither

can't believe this wasn't flexed

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

can't believe this wasn't flexed

do they flex games off mnf?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

do they flex games off mnf?

I had hoped so, but maybe not. I guess on paper during the offseason, this looked like a game that was gonna decide the south.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/942857635396767746

Bet he gets it down to one game.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Woooooo!

The NFC South is getting chippy!

Come at the Panthers bitch...

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Nice that he gets that when other players have gotten off lighter for worse.

(That hit was bad, and if it wasn't a Panther I would think this is probably good.)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'd imagine you are correct. The league is so all over the place with their discipline though...so random. Though I did learn today apparently he has had his fair share of fines in the past for questionable hits so maybe the 2nd game is because of repeat offender status?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I hope it's the Atlanta game.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chilichimp posted:

I hope it's the Atlanta game.

My hope depends on how tonight and Sunday go for Atlanta.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
lol, Richardson stepping aside to focus on sale of team.

Cya Jerr

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

lol, Richardson stepping aside to focus on sale of team.

Cya Jerr

Expecting some terrible poo poo to come out about him soon enough

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good.

I can’t describe why but I’ve always hated Richardson. Hard working dude clearly but he’s an rear end in a top hat

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Richardson and Gettleman gone in a single year.

Now hopefully Shula gets run out of town and someone hires a real GM and gives Marty Hurney a ball of rubberbands to go play with.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Browns, Redskins and 49ers fans prob all praying for allegations to come out against their owners right now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Browns, Redskins and 49ers fans prob all praying for allegations to come out against their owners right now.

There's no way Jed York isn't a molester.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chilichimp posted:

There's no way Jed York isn't a molester.

Agreed. That's pretty much a given.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

PostNouveau posted:

Expecting some terrible poo poo to come out about him soon enough

For anyone who hasn't read it, here's the Sports Illustrated article that was published during Sunday's game that contains more details on the alleged harassment: https://www.si.com/jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-settlements-workplace-misconduct-sexual-harassment-racial-slur

It even mentions the "Mister" thing I referenced in my post on Saturday. Also mentions a lot of other little things that I already knew but, when all compiled into one article, really confirms a lot of what I'd assumed about working with/around/for Jerry Richardson on a daily basis. Dude thinks having a billion dollars or so means he gets to be the racist and pervy version of the boss from The Devil Wears Prada.

And since I didn't make myself as clear as I probably should have in my Saturday post, what the gently caress is "Listen" doing in that list of his five special words? It's all nouns except for that one verb. Uh, did you mean to say "Listening", Jer?? When I first saw "Listen" in that list, it told me two things. One, that he's not all that bright, and two, that nobody else would ever dare to edit his Holy Five Words.

E: OH YEAH and how is Harmony any different than Teamwork? Man I hate that list.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

so maybe the 2nd game is because of repeat offender status?

It is.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
No way it sticks at 2 games. Now the question is does he miss the Tampa game and are we short two starting LBers, or does he miss the Atlanta game that could decide the wildcard or NFC South.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

No way it sticks at 2 games. Now the question is does he miss the Tampa game and are we short two starting LBers, or does he miss the Atlanta game that could decide the wildcard or NFC South.

Hopefully it's the Tampa game.

• Locked thread