Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

empty whippet box posted:

This report detailing all the numerous crimes of trump and his administration is just final proof that the FBI has been weaponized to take down the trump administration!

By shadow president Obama and his deep state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Hollismason posted:

Yeah that's really hosed up to make someone cut off their pets head .
Ethics aside, telling a person "Hey, I think your dog might have rabies, how about you get yourself all nice and covered in its blood and nervous tissue?" is wildly dumb behavior, even for a cop.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

i am the bird posted:

I came to WSU for grad school in 2013 and lived by the university in a kind of lovely apartment that was still $600/month and moved out the next year. By the time I left Detroit this year, it had sold as a condo for something like $200,000.

The fact I'm being priced out of my own city, the city my uncle loving ran, pisses me off. And that's putting it mildly.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/942876349756141568

It really was Jill not Hill, indeed.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

At this point I feel like the list of people not involved with Russia might be the shorter one.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Jill Stein was in that photo having dinner with the Russian generals so I would not be surprised in the least, especially since she's massively incompetent at actual left wing activism.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Oh, I know what this is. This is how people drink when they're wearing a ton of makeup.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Please let this end with Jill Stein imprisoned for being a Russian puppet.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

yay

death to counterrevolutionaries

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/942843698366308352

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

yay

death to counterrevolutionaries

Viva la Revolucion!

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!
option 1: awful political news
option 2: awful tragedy news

is this all news is anymore? it's impossible to escape

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Koalas March posted:

Viva la Revolucion!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Bronze posted:

option 1: awful political news
option 2: awful tragedy news

is this all news is anymore? it's impossible to escape

The only winning move . . . is not to play

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Haha gently caress yeah. I naively voted for her in 2012 and will never, ever live it down. Seeing her career as a professional spoiler crash and burn would be some small condolence.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Aves Maria! posted:

As someone who grew up in one of those dumb rural towns in the 4th district, I can confirm that this is true. Also, they're not just deeply conservative but probably some of the most racist people you'd ever have the displeasure of meeting.

This is why no one cares about Steve King being a KKK member without the hood.

Yeah, I've got family in LeMars I no longer talk to for precisely that reason.

withak posted:

95.8% white, largest city is Ames (pop. 58,965).

Remember that number includes the population of Iowa State University, which is 36,321 this semester.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rex-Goliath posted:

Yep. Manafort was already on and replaced by Bannon at that point iirc. He was already up to his eyeballs in it.

Now that I think of it that's sort of strange because they absolutely had to have known everything Manafort was up to so the only way I can read this was they were gently hinting that he had to clean up yesterday. Of course Trump didn't

Manafort came to the campaign and was working for free. To Trump that sounds like Art of the Deal: "My campaign manager has worked on many campaigns, big campaigns, presidential campaigns, and he wants to work with me so much, so much, so much he is willing to work for free."

To everyone else it sounds like Manafort was a Russian plant. And he was!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What does Collins even get out of this tax bill? Whose pocket specifically is she in, I mean, that she cares. Aside from just being on Team R in general.

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The only winning move . . . is not to play

i've already made the first step: i don't read politics news anymore outside of this thread.. but this will eventually have to go too.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i'm somewhat amazed to see actual jill stein voters itt

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

CannonFodder posted:

Manafort came to the campaign and was working for free. To Trump that sounds like Art of the Deal: "My campaign manager has worked on many campaigns, big campaigns, presidential campaigns, and he wants to work with me so much, so much, so much he is willing to work for free."

Like, we were making jokes about it as soon as he joined the campaign, and the jokes increased when we found out he just turned up at Mar-A-Lago one night and offered to work for free

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What does Collins even get out of this tax bill? Whose pocket specifically is she in, I mean, that she cares. Aside from just being on Team R in general.

Happy donors won't cut her off

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

moostaffa posted:

Happy donors won't cut her off

They needed to get this bill out to please the donors, except multiple Republican donor constituencies are appalled by this bill.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Collins is a blindly loyal Republican that's it.

Like McCain, she is happy to play the roll of 'moderate' in the media but when her vote is needed she is more than happy to ensure some awful poo poo that the GOP wants passed is actually passed.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ha i remember when some of us were called mccarthyists when we pointed out all of her suspicious ties to moscow

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/SenatorCollins/status/942867083024576512

That ratio

(in case it gets deleted, its currently 1,136 responses to 62 likes)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Please let this end with Jill Stein imprisoned for being a Russian puppet.

She can be cellmates with Kelly Anne.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

They won Murkowski by bribing her with oil drilling. They won Collins by lying to her about passing a bill that won't pass. They won Corker by just flat out bribing him.

Democracy.

But...what about the OTHER 48 motherfuckers? They are seriously getting NOTHING? They all seriously look at people being handed bags of cash in order to vote for this and aren't asking for anything? What? Like, I can see being this evil for personal gain but why are these other 48 motherfuckers, who we've all just written off as unreachable without even a comment , just going along with this bullshit?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Rex-Goliath posted:

ha i remember when some of us were called mccarthyists when we pointed out all of her suspicious ties to moscow

Kevin, not Joe.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Duke Igthorn posted:

But...what about the OTHER 48 motherfuckers? They are seriously getting NOTHING? They all seriously look at people being handed bags of cash in order to vote for this and aren't asking for anything? What? Like, I can see being this evil for personal gain but why are these other 48 motherfuckers, who we've all just written off as unreachable without even a comment , just going along with this bullshit?

They get campaign donations they need to run to keep their seats and the promise of a cushy job when they leave.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

What's wrong with Collins btw? She speaks like she has some kind of condition

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Duke Igthorn posted:

Fat wads of donor cash are, in their estimation at least, apparently enough of a motivator

moostaffa posted:

What's wrong with Collins btw? She speaks like she has some kind of condition

Doesn't she have that thing Diane Rehm had

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Breitbart

https://twitter.com/alozrasT7/status/942863260579258368?s=17

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I hope Trump gets a Certificate of Exoneration® and all the benefits that come with it none

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Trump knew he was a Russian plant and didn't care. He's known Manafort for over 30 years.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

guessing kelly is telling trump whatever he can to keep him from doing anything dumb just a little longer

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Who is moving to Detroit in bulk to gentrify it? No one is running a car start-up.

Is the grad student tax in the tax bill?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ernest_wander/status/942871418341134337

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sit on my Facebook posted:

Fat wads of donor cash are, in their estimation at least, apparently enough of a motivator

Doesn't she have that thing Diane Rehm had

Yeah but the others are getting donor cash PLUS other stuff. It's just hard to think of these greedy, stupid, pigs having limits you know? Like, I just picture them all standing around and not freaking out when someone gets a bigger portion than them and I just can't see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

skylined! posted:

guessing kelly is telling trump whatever he can to keep him from doing anything dumb just a little longer

Remember when his letter firing Comey thanked him for all the times he told him he wasn't under personal investigation, lol

• Locked thread