Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Still want to know what he did to get canned after one race in 85.

We're never going to know until he dies. He says he was "mad at someone in the team" and complained about the cars performance then got fired shortly thereafter. Also he hated all of his teammates other than Alboreto and Laffite.

Edit: Wait I guess he also liked Johansson

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Weird, I don’t remember that part at all.

It got to the point of being a family WhatsApp chat group meme that every time I read a passage of a Kurt Wallander book where he took a poo poo I would screenshot it and send it to them.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

wicka posted:

The only good meltdown is cheese melting over macaroni.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What about cheese melting on pizza?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just watched that Ferrari doc, It was really good

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

I just watched that Ferrari doc, It was really good

So, better than the actual team then? Sounds good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Pizza is good much like Ferrari

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Pizza is good much like Ferrari

Consider your avatar.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

So, better than the actual team then? Sounds good.

stop trolling

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Human Grand Prix posted:

We're never going to know until he dies. He says he was "mad at someone in the team" and complained about the cars performance then got fired shortly thereafter. Also he hated all of his teammates other than Alboreto and Laffite.

1500quidporsche posted:

I've heard that as well as he may have hosed the daughter or niece of someone important.

That's the leading theory. A handful of F1 journalists know but when prompted they love making a song and dance of rubbing it in everyone's faces that they know and won't tell you. Whatever it is, it was serious or dark enough that it was an unspoken rule to keep it secret, leading to all of these theories. Most center around a relationship with a senior Ferrari figure's relative, with caveats like ranging from underage to drugs being involved. Even people on F1 forums who supposedly know will insist on telling you via PM, though whether it's because there's legal implications or they want to feel special is anyone's guess.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

iospace posted:

What about cheese melting on cast iron pizza?

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

ilmucche posted:

Where do you stand on macaroni and cheese?

I was dropping in and out of the thread around the first murmurings of Macaronigate at Thanksgiving time. I don't know when thanksgiving time was because I'm not from North America.

I'm not entirely surprised that we're still going tbh...

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Consider your avatar.

To relate Ferrari to pizza is an insult to pizza

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

Agreed. Ferrari is Mac and cheese.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

That's the leading theory. A handful of F1 journalists know but when prompted they love making a song and dance of rubbing it in everyone's faces that they know and won't tell you. Whatever it is, it was serious or dark enough that it was an unspoken rule to keep it secret, leading to all of these theories. Most center around a relationship with a senior Ferrari figure's relative, with caveats like ranging from underage to drugs being involved. Even people on F1 forums who supposedly know will insist on telling you via PM, though whether it's because there's legal implications or they want to feel special is anyone's guess.

Psssst.

*looks furtively left and right*

He was poo poo.

*melts into the shadows*

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I don't know how to treat my cast iron pan, can someone help me? Maybe someone at Ferrari?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Do Ferraris rust?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tuo posted:

Do Ferraris rust?

the f40 fuel tanks

tuo posted:

I don't know how to treat my cast iron pan, can someone help me? Maybe someone at Ferrari?

They are good

EDIT: speaking of the f40 there are pictures of its launch or videos?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Dec 19, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Cast Iron Pans $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
kill your famil..

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the gently caress is a cast iron pan? and how they relate to Scuderia Ferrari?

I use teflon

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

what the gently caress is a cast iron pan? and how they relate to Scuderia Ferrari?

I use teflon

Cast iron is a group of iron-carbon alloys with a carbon content greater than 2%. Its usefulness derives from its relatively low melting temperature.

Scuderia Ferrari is a racing team with a win ratio no greater than 2%. Their usefulness derives from the tremendous lols they create loving themselves over all the goddamn time.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Cast iron is a group of iron-carbon alloys with a carbon content greater than 2%. Its usefulness derives from its relatively low melting temperature.

Scuderia Ferrari is a racing team with a win ratio no greater than 2%. Their usefulness derives from the tremendous lols they create loving themselves over all the goddamn time.

Please don't troll in the Scuderia Ferrari thread thank you. #forzaferrari

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

This is very disrispecful in the Official Scuderia Ferrari Thread: Formula 1 One.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I only ever fry eggs* so I use a normal Teflon frying pan :)

*I cook for 6 people, my 2l pan is the smallest one. We go out for steaks.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Y'all need a copper pan. It's the new hotness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oWHLaKPjps

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Nice picture op. #forzaferrari

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

Nice picture op. #forzaferrari

i also like this one, Il Commendatore was a great man

#forzaferrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It’s too bad he’s dead and his team sucks.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

It’s too bad he’s dead and his team sucks.

Please dont be mean to Bruce and Frank.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Please dont be mean to Bruce and Frank.

Who is Bruce

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

DoctorGonzo posted:

i also like this one, Il Commendatore was a great man

#forzaferrari

Is he the guy from the el cazzo fuckman picture?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Can you imagine being a fan of one of the pathetic garbagemen teams ran by ugly fat british people who consist of a diet of boiled horse meat pies.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You do know that it’s the French who eat horses and boil meat and fish right?

Most French food is utter poo poo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Y'all need a copper pan. It's the new hotness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oWHLaKPjps

God loving drat I need one of these.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
France invented motor racing and is the international headquarters of all motor racing. How does that make you feel

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

This is a great post OP, definitely deserves to be in the 2018 OP

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

1500quidporsche posted:

God loving drat I need one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgzdb0txR_c&t=415s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

GramCracker posted:

The Scuderia Ferrari of pizzas would be fat free veggie pizza on a stale pre-made crust, but then you ran out of cheese so you just grated some old tires on it and went ahead anyway. :discourse:

Theophany posted:

Much like resident Ferrari fans Gonzo and Track day, who feature a relatively low meltdown temperature.

• Locked thread