Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Most forms of livestock are extinct, 'meat' tends to come from trees that are so horribly mutated they grow meat-like substances instead of fruit. And recycled dead bodies, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's bad form to make a joking reference to the very thing the original joke is referencing.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I was honestly wondering about the fate of domesticated megafauna in the Dreddiverse. :shobon:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Most forms of livestock are extinct, 'meat' tends to come from trees that are so horribly mutated they grow meat-like substances instead of fruit. And recycled dead bodies, of course.

That is an extremely dull way to get meat in a mag that ran Flesh!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Time travel logic.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Say Nothing posted:

Time travel logic.

Your AV is basically the face I made after reading that panel.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Potatoes are extinct too. There's a story by Garth Ennis where Dredd visits Ireland and the villain of the piece finds out that all the "potatoes" are a substitute made from mashed-up rice.

They also eat "fish sticks" made from the mutated singing manatees that live in the nearby ocean.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wanderer posted:

Potatoes are extinct too. There's a story by Garth Ennis where Dredd visits Ireland and the villain of the piece finds out that all the "potatoes" are a substitute made from mashed-up rice.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that Ennis insists on a "Ireland" clause in all his contracts.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Wanderer posted:

They also eat "fish sticks" made from the mutated singing manatees that live in the nearby ocean.
Does Dredd meet and admire some ultramanly Irish Judges?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Nessus posted:

Does Dredd meet and admire some ultramanly Irish Judges?

Tell me there’s at least some tone deaf ironic racism?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm now picturing Dredd getting all sentimental in a lovely dive bar - oh sorry, "pub".

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

good day for a bris posted:

Tell me there’s at least some tone deaf ironic racism?

It's actually like a country sized theme park, and the locals are annoyed about how they're a tourist attraction (See the REAL IRELAND OF HISTORY) now.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
In one of the novels, Swine Fever, they do find a subspecies of mutated pig that absolutely thrives in the post apocalyptic wastelands, and everyone goes crazy for the new foodstuff. Then it turns out the pigs are sentient and generally smarter than the average mega city citizen. The novel ends with one of the judges confidently stating that in a few generations they'll have bred that right out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Of the citizens or the pigs?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Synthbuttrange posted:

Of the citizens or the pigs?

Why not both?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

¿porky no los dos?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

:golfclap:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Have some SFW Olgaf:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

What the gently caress?

If you look at the debris you can clearly see Goofy's face #askquestions

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I voulenteer

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

And they say panels from the 60s haven't aged well...

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
From the "Darth Vader and Son" TPB

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 18, 2017

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I love reading those with my son. Not sure he gets half the jokes but he's having fun so who cares.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Batman and Superman have too drat much time on their hands.

World's Finest Comics, #160

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I think that's entrapment.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ghostlight posted:

I think that's entrapment.

Zodiac took every step without coercion, so it's not entrapment. That's when authorities make you commit a crime you would not have otherwise done, not were unable but willing to do.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
And the crooks who came out to get horoscopes from him are no different from ones who respond to other honeypots put out by police to bring in people with outstanding warrants.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Classic Astrology Sting. They no longer do them since everyone knows about them now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

biracial bear for uncut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhkgohG9lTM

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Darthemed posted:

Batman and Superman have too drat much time on their hands.

World's Finest Comics, #160

I love this kind of bullshit. Is there an omnibus that covers this era?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

I love this kind of bullshit. Is there an omnibus that covers this era?

I know that story is included in the Showcase Presents World's Finest series in black and white, though I don't recall which volume off the top of my head*. I've you've got any love for weird silver age behavior, World's Finest and Superman Family are the collections to get.

[* It's volume 4 -- Ed.]

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 19, 2017

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpUkokRx3-k

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Random Stranger posted:

I know that story is included in the Showcase Presents World's Finest series in black and white, though I don't recall which volume off the top of my head*. I've you've got any love for weird silver age behavior, World's Finest and Superman Family are the collections to get.

[* It's volume 4 -- Ed.]

Maybe I'm just too much of a child but the Showcases don't do very much for me. I really want that stuff in color which makes it dumb expensive if it's available at all.

"Where is DC Unlimited?" he asked, not for the first time.

I feel like I don't retain stuff as well when I know it was in color but I'm seeing black and white. Whereas I can read any black and white indie comic with no worry, I think the art is drawn differently if the artist knows it isn't going to be colored.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't know how Spider-Man is doing that.

And I am firmly into the 90s of Thor now.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

No belt-pouches. 4/10

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
What would Thor even keep in those pouches? Extra Mjolnirs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Bottles of beer.