Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Rodgers does have the revenge game thing going for him next week, which may factor into things. I'll have to choose between him Alex Smith and someone off waivers (Bort is available...) in a championship game next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I need 26 points from Julio...now I get to see if I am a wizard or an idiot for trading for him due to his playoff schedule. :downs:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I'm up 51.2 with his Jones to play tonight. Last time Jones played Tampa he scored... 50.8

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Zack posted:

I'm up 51.2 with his Jones to play tonight. Last time Jones played Tampa he scored... 50.8

I'm worried he won't even get 26, you are completely fine!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Championship game in 2 leagues
3rd place game in my BML (lost 2 weeks by a total of 1.5 points...)
Sitting down in the bottom of the pile because my team didn't figure it out until week 9 in the Goon Beer League

Anytime I make a championship game, I always like to look back and see just how different my roster is from what I drafted. Figured it would be worth posting here.

Draft:

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt, Doug Martin, LeGarrette Blount
WR: Julio Jones, Mike Evans, TY Hilton, DT, Alshon Jeffery, Jamison Crowder, DeVante Parker
TE: Delanie Walker
D/ST: NYG :lol:
K: Phil Dawson

My team is in the championship:

QB: Aaron Rodgers (picked up in week 13), Alex Smith
RB: Kareem Hunt, Lactavius Murray, Mike Davis, Jerrick McKinnon
WR: Michael Crabtree (picked up when he got suspended), Devin Funchess, Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Alshon Jeffery
TE: Kyle Rudolph (via trade), Greg Olsen (picked up week 11)
DST: Jaguars
K: Greg the Leg

2 people that were drafted still remain on this team.

Mike Evans is also on both teams.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Leperflesh posted:

can you really blame him for not seeing someone who's been invisible all year though?

And with AB's injury I now have to decide if I'm going to play him next week because his matchup is so much better than Anderson's :sigh:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Ah, cool idea Alfalfa. Here's my week 1 roster and week 15 roster for the only one of my three fantasy teams to make it to the championship game this year.

Week 1:
QB: Marcus Mariota
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Demarco Murray, Ameer Abdullah, Derrick Henry, Rex Burkhead, Paul Perkins,Thomas Rawls,
WR: Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant, Kenny Britt, Tyrell Williams
TE: Tyler Eifert
DST: Steelers
K: Chris Boswell

Championship:
QB: Phil Rivers, Marcus Mariota
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Alvin Kamara, Dion Lewis, Ameer Abdullah, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson (?)
WR: Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant, Nelson Agholor
TE: Evan Engram
DST: Redskins, Seahawks
K: Matt Bryant

One immediate takeaway for me is that I got really lucky on the timing of a lot of my moves this season. I kept Mariota on my team all season long but actually had a revolving carousel of starting QBs all season including Goff, McCown and Rivers. I kept dropping what eveded up being a better QB option than Mariota to make room for other players under the assumption that Mariota would be "rounding into form." Rivers was actually on my team two different times, and I just got lucky to pick him up most recently before the Chargers started surging.

I also dropped Burkhead before he had consistent value, and picked up and dropped Lewis two or three times throughout the season.

The things that affected my season the most though were trading out of the Tennessee backfield in exchange for an underperforming Michael Thomas in week 7, and picking up Kamara off the waiver in week 3. Also major shout out to Eifert for hitting IR at the right time for me to pick up Engram ahead of the curve.

5 players who I drafted still remain on this team, although only 2 of them are still week to week starters.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hm, I had a feeling my "keeper" rate is going to be pretty high on my championship team...

Week 1:
QB: Tom Brady
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Doug Martin, Latavius Murray
WR: Kelvin Benjamin, Jamison Crowder, Brandon Marshall, Corey Coleman, Sterling Shepard, Tyler Lockett
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: New England
K: Dustin Hopkins

Week 15:
QB: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Alvin Kamara, Jamaal Williams, Chris Ivory
WR: Jamison Crowder*, Josh Gordon, Marquise Goodwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jesse James
DST: New Orleans, Tennessee
K: Robbie Gould

I guess I was right that my starters didn't actually change too much once I picked up Alvin, and I knew coming out of the draft that my WRs were shaky, so the churn there doesn't surprise me at all. Also a lot of drops happened in the last few weeks, I feel like.

*I dropped and re-added Jamison part-way through the season.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Raise your hand if you made finals

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm worried he won't even get 26, you are completely fine!

Can he please just score 5 points? Please? :(

Diqnol posted:

Made it in one league About to get eliminated in another.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

My team has been really stable. Considering I broke 200pts this week I think I did ok in the draft.
Week 1:
QB: Phillip Rivers, Andrew Luck
RB: Todd Gurley, Kareem Hunt, Isaiah Crowell, Chris Thompson, Terrance West
WR: Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton, Randall Cobb, Devante Parker, Kevin White
TE: Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener
DST: Pittsburgh

Week 15:
QB: Blake Bortles, Andrew Luck
RB: Todd Gurley, Kareem Hunt, Isaiah Crowell, Chris Thompson, Kenyan Drake
WR: Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton, Randall Cobb, Devante Parker, Nelson Agholor, Travis Benjamin
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: New Orleans

My RBs have been bonkers, my WRs have been frustratingly inconsistent outside of Thomas. Graham has been great except the last two weeks :argh:
Our keeper rules are incredibly stupid with regards to dropped players (if you pick up a dropped player you can keep them for a 16th) so I've had to deal with Andrew Luck on my roster all season.
Also we have a 2QB cap and IR players still count against the cap. It is dumb as hell

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Leperflesh posted:

True

IcePhoenix posted:

can you really blame him for not seeing someone who's been invisible all year though?

Also true

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Diqnol posted:

*raises both hands*

These are both keepers if you're wondering why I'm still rostering so many IR/out guys.

Team 1:
Draft
QB: Wentz
WR: OBJ, Dez, Hopkins, Adams, Decker, Thielen
RB: Gurley, DJ, Jacquizz, Woodhead, Sproles
TE: Ertz
K: Bryant
D: KC

Championship
QB: Bort, Wentz
WR: Dez, Hopkins, Thielen, JuJu, Kearse, OBJ
RB: Gurley, Collins, Ekeler, DJ
TE: Ertz
D: :iiam: (been streaming defenses for the last few weeks)

Team 2:
Draft
QB: Cousins
WR: AB, Evans, Fitzgerald, Thielen, Decker, Ginn
RB: Gurley, Ingram, Woodhead, White
TE: Graham, Allen
D: Giants

Championship
QB: Bort, Cousins
WR: Thielen, Fitzgerald, Evans, AB, R. Anderson
RB: Gurley, Ingram, White, Morris
TE: Graham
K: Forbath
D: Ravens, Saints

I still have Cousins because there's nobody to pick up that I would start anywhere and I'm lazy.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Just need Julio & Kwon Alexander to get me 7 points combined..

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Alright, here's week one vs. now on my one team that is already headed into the championship. 1PPR

QB: Russell Wilson
RBs: LeSean McCoy, Dalvin Cook (RIP), Ameer Abdullah, Tevin Coleman, Doug Martin
WRs: Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Allen Robinson (RIP), Willie Snead, Jordan Matthews (RIP), Corey Coleman, John Brown
TE: Gronk
DST: Bills
K: Dan Bailey

And now:

QB: Russell Wilson
RBs: LeSean McCoy, Jerrick McKinnon, Doug Martin, Jay Ajayi
WRs: Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Golden Tate, Marquise Goodwin, Josh Doctson, Josh Gordon
TE: Gronk
DST: Saints
K: Robbie Gould

It only took until week 15, but Snead finally caught a pass!

Now I just need my other team to survive Mike Evans tonight with a 21 point lead. Cue Evans putting up 40 points.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I lost my matchup by 0.34 points due to:

Antonio Brown dying
Rex Burkhead dying
Starting Philip Rivers over Bortles, Goff, and Keenum.
Starting Dede Westbrook over CJ Anderson, Alshon Jeffery, Orleans Darkwa, Robby Anderson, and Hunter Henry.
The loving double folded paper used to give Dallas a first down at the end of the game which resulted in the Dez Bryant catch that put my opponent up .34 points.
Michael Crabtree failing to catch any one of FOUR balls thrown to him on the final drive of the game last night.
Derek Carr fumbling the ball through the end zone, resulting in a touchback, instead of a game tying field goal which would have given me a chance to win in Overtime.

I am dying inside over this. Especially starting loving Dede Westbrook.

Please for the love of god give me a stat correction.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I watched Alfred Morris get stuffed on 3 straight goal line carries late in the game and fail to get me the last 4 goddamn points I needed to win... a solid taunting from the cruel fantasy gods to end my season

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Steelers ran the most hosed up final play instead of just handing it to Bell against a defense he chewed up the whole game :rip:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I expected a clock stopping play followed by a FG, but nope, Tomlin gonna Tomlin.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I need to Ryan to score less than 29. He hasn't scored more than 18.4 all season, so I expect him to put up 30.

Adding to the team lists for teams probably in the championship from week 1 to now in .5ppr

Week 1:
QB: Cousins
RB: Howard, CJ Anderson, Gore, Rodgers, Henry
WR: Fitzgerald, Jeffery, Watkins, Snead, Maclin
TE: Gronkowski, Ertz
DST: Broncos
K: Mcmanus

Week 15:
QB: Rodgers, Cousins
RB: Howard, Gore, Mixon, Ivory
WR: Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Jeffery, Robby Anderson
TE: Gronk, Ertz
DST: Vikings, Bears
K: Zuerlein

This team relied on the Gronk/Ertz TE flex stack most of the season and was heavily helped by Greg the leg being insanely consistent. I traded CJ Anderson for Kelvin Benjamin early in the season then traded Benjamin and Watson (who I picked up off waivers) for Hopkins and Mixon two weeks before Watson got injured to the Rodgers owner. I picked up Rodgers off waivers two weeks ago. I also used Peterson for a couple of weeks but dropped him when he got moved to IR.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

That Gronk/Ertz TE stack though...

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
QB HELP PLEASE

I am in the final game of my BML (standard scoring) but have streamed QBs basically all year. For week 16 I currently have

Goff @ TEN
Garropolo v JAX (bench)

Gradually the waiver wire has been depleted at the QB position. What's available:

Tyrod @ NE
Flacco v IND
Winston @ CAR
Carr @ PHI
Foles v OAK (I know my opponent will scoop this up to block me since he has waiver wire priority)
Mariota v LAR

Besides Foles I hate these options.

What would my goons do in my shoes?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Brownhat posted:

That Gronk/Ertz TE stack though...

I had a Kelce/Graham stack in the high powered TE Goon Fish Bowl that was working out fantastic.

Until Graham disappeared 2 weeks ago.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

89 posted:

I had a Kelce/Graham stack in the high powered TE Goon Fish Bowl that was working out fantastic.

Until Graham disappeared 2 weeks ago.

My first year playing fantasy I had a Gronk/Graham stack that was pretty sweet.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Nadir posted:

QB HELP PLEASE

I am in the final game of my BML (standard scoring) but have streamed QBs basically all year. For week 16 I currently have

Goff @ TEN
Garropolo v JAX (bench)

Gradually the waiver wire has been depleted at the QB position. What's available:

Tyrod @ NE
Flacco v IND
Winston @ CAR
Carr @ PHI
Foles v OAK (I know my opponent will scoop this up to block me since he has waiver wire priority)
Mariota v LAR

Besides Foles I hate these options.

What would my goons do in my shoes?

Goff and Foles

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

Goff and Foles

And if they do scoop up Foles to block you, grab Flacco.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Brownhat posted:

And if they do scoop up Foles to block you, grab Flacco.

I'm legit thinking about starting Flacco over both Rodgers (if he plays) and Cousins next week.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Frustrated posted:

I'm legit thinking about starting Flacco over both Rodgers (if he plays) and Cousins next week.

He looked decent this week, and Indy is a tasty matchup.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Brownhat posted:

He looked decent this week, and Indy is a tasty matchup.

Rodgers, Smith, Keenum, Foles, Goff...

Too many choices for next week.

I also might want to pick up all of them since whoever I play will either be rolling out Ben/Taylor or Flacco.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
My opponent this week scored 78 points on a projected 116.

I lost, because my team scored 76 points on a projected 129. :suicide:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Brownhat posted:

My first year playing fantasy I had a Gronk/Graham stack that was pretty sweet.

Same. And I won the league.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alfalfa posted:

Rodgers, Smith, Keenum, Foles, Goff...

Too many choices for next week.

I also might want to pick up all of them since whoever I play will either be rolling out Ben/Taylor or Flacco.

Considering the Packers are mathematically eliminated you can probably cross Rodgers off that list after McCarthy's comments today

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
3 leagues with teams with 10+ wins.

One finals :negative:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
4 leagues, 4 playoffs, 2 finals.

Can't complain.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
4 money league, 4 finales! I am going to be rather distant from my family this Christmas.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I lost by 2 points. TWO. POINTS.

gently caress.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

This is the first year I haven't made at least one finals in 5 years. :rip: my streak

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Was basically tied with my opponent going into tonight's game

He had Freeman and Ryan. I had Julio

gently caress

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Three leagues, three playoffs, one championship.
I'm pretty happy with it.

Pretty good year, even though one of those leagues went to poo poo in the very end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Diqnol posted:

Made it in one league
Out of seven. :negative: Rough, rough year
(To be fair I made playoffs in 5/7 with one of the other two being a punt on a dynasty team)

• Locked thread