Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Is Star Citizen out yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The triple post + perfect snipe combo.

Eat your heart out Tophat.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Watching the recording

15 mins in, this is all kinds of amazing

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

juggalo baby coffin posted:

has derek actually ever had any alt accounts?

Nope. Not ever, not once. Not my style. Too much ego and arrogance to consider that I have to hide in order to express my views and/or wahlord.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

I was a bit disappointed that Derek didn't say "It's not just six studios, it's 17 different companies, most of which have no obvious functional purpose to creating the game."

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Xaerael posted:

Show was good. Derek talks better than he types.

Indeed.

I have always said that it was never my intention for the project to fail. So I'm guessing that Shitizens are probably scratching their heads tonight that I wasn't bashing the game at all.

----------------

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dear Dr Smart can we get an audiobook version of your book, read by you, when its out?

i would 100% buy this if you did it derek

do this, then do a "director's commentary" of the audio book, which is just you talking more loudly over the top of you reading the book out

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I like these, they would go well with some of the CIG 'shows' that have a sepia filter, all sound removed, and some minor increase in frame speed, maybe a few dud frames and 8mm cinefilm effects laid over it.

A pace changing piano track adaptively backing the "now an 1890 silent film production" to set the scene would be ticklingly good too. :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:perfect:
:five::five::five:

----------------

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

I love you.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/A3YJP9z.mp4

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

thatguy posted:

Is Star Citizen out yet?
/

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

no_recall posted:

One last one before the year ends.

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

All guesses / prizes / donations will be taken in before Thursday.

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!

They drop any info on S42, this shits gonna pull in 3.2 - 3.4m.

Such a disappointment. :negative:

Hobold fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 19, 2017

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm going to go with my last guess of 4.7 million dollars.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

let me loving finish

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Guys, that was brilliant. Derek, Bootcha, Kevin - 3 absolute gentlemen

No transcripts because I kicked back and watched that and everyone should too.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

SomethingJones posted:

Guys, that was brilliant. Derek, Bootcha, Kevin - 3 absolute gentlemen

No transcripts because I kicked back and watched that and everyone should too.

There was a sticked post in the SC sub that was that cartoon of Derek with *autistic screeching* over his head. That's how they view Derek and all the "haters".

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Spite pledging alone will push this into the best year in SC history.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

hot balls man no homo posted:

There was a sticked post in the SC sub that was that cartoon of Derek with *autistic screeching* over his head. That's how they view Derek and all the "haters".

They really are a bunch of sad little men.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Replace catte taxxe with this.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Its really a shame Star Citizen turned out the way it is, because I just watched a "gameplay vid" and yeah, there's no gameplay or game but they did a good job on the graphics at least.

If only they made a basic singleplayer sandbox game, not made by chris roberts.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

What's the German for bodega cat?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
One thing I noticed in the vid is that:

A. the performance sucks

B. he tries to land his cargo ship and get out by going on a little cargo platform but the game stutters and his positioning stutters and he can't move whilst the cargo platform is moving

it's like garrysmod when you are walking on a moving object

and then he can't even trade the cargo because the game doesn't recognize that there's even a cargo ship landed

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

Spite pledging alone will push this into the best year in SC history.

Still waiting on part II of this whole thing to drop, but you could be right.

Not that they can really talk about it, becuase, y’know, it’s part of the settlement amount that’s creeping upwards, let alone the damages.

Teehee.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Phi230 posted:

One thing I noticed in the vid is that:

A. the performance sucks

B. he tries to land his cargo ship and get out by going on a little cargo platform but the game stutters and his positioning stutters and he can't move whilst the cargo platform is moving

it's like garrysmod when you are walking on a moving object

and then he can't even trade the cargo because the game doesn't recognize that there's even a cargo ship landed
It's ok, you can cart around Benny's noodle machines. That counts as trade, right?

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
rip my dream job of atmospheric technician using procedurally-generated birds to detect argon leaks in airlocks

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Bayonnefrog posted:

Yes. You're spot on. And as a much better write than myself or your random internet person you were probably uniquely positioned to be that litmus test case. Because your clear well-reasoned questioning really contrasts against the personal hateful vindictive attacks from their side. No answers no reasoning. Just a "we don't like DS so we don't like you bye." Do they no know how many complaints and junk get thrown around about companies online? It happens on a daily basis and many factors worse. So enlightening that entire exchange.

Yes, this is what is so astounding. 99.9% of companies see your request and follow their policies and respond and it's everyone have a nice day. It kind of shows the mickey mouse level operation they have going on there. Even a simple customer service request gets blown up into something much bigger. Not to get all dramatic but for me it was a Joseph McCarthy-US Army questioning level of a mistake for them and at least for me turned me against the project entirely.

ps: sorry last thing: I could be going overboard again here but I've said in other places: I think CIG and this entire kickstarter, game development saga will have Harvard Business School cases written on it. Mostly on the mismanagement of the whole thing and what not to do.

I said years ago that Frontier vs. CIG were going to be business cases used in every MBA program worth a drat circa 2020...

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

no_recall posted:

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!

4.5 Million

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

no_recall posted:

Buy a Starship!

4.2 million o9

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The_Groove posted:

rip my dream job of atmospheric technician using procedurally-generated birds to detect argon leaks in airlocks

:stare:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Great discussion Derek and Bootcha — when that guy “James” in chat asked about why the panel wasn’t more balanced by backers, my first thought was “please let it be DisturbedJim!”

Alas, no joy. But still it was a good solid reasonable discussion.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

G0RF posted:

Great discussion Derek and Bootcha — when that guy “James” in chat asked about why the panel wasn’t more balanced by backers, my first thought was “please let it be DisturbedJim!”

Really guys? You couldn't scrounge up one single solitary person to talk on stream about why star citizen is good? It shouldn't be that hard, there are five, maybe six SC streamers that talk about how great star citizen is for hours every day. Oh wait, they're paid shills and wouldn't want to get spanked by Derek on a stream that they can't shut down...

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

D_Smart posted:

Nope. Not ever, not once. Not my style. Too much ego and arrogance to consider that I have to hide in order to express my views and/or wahlord.

i figured the truth would be No. its amazing the mental gymnastics shitizens have been going through these past 5 years.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

G0RF posted:

Odd how they never seem to ask for balanced discussion when everything being said is positive.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

You have to work extremely hard to make landing a buggy that you ramped off of a spaceship parked over a moon into a dull and painful affair.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

hot balls man no homo posted:

Really guys? You couldn't scrounge up one single solitary person to talk on stream about why star citizen is good? It shouldn't be that hard, there are five, maybe six SC streamers that talk about how great star citizen is for hours every day. Oh wait, they're paid shills and wouldn't want to get spanked by Derek on a stream that they can't shut down...

I reached out to a bunch of them, including Montoya who said on Thurs that he would do it. Then he disappeared. Some even contacted the organizer, then disappeared.

But yeah, they're all cowardly fucks who only function in their sad little bubble with Shitizens as their audience. Even Montoya, who isn't as crazy as those other guys like Astropub, Twerk17, BoredGamer, WTFO et al, didn't want to do the show.

Also, FailureToReport who I also recommended, since he was a backer and has a unique insight, was confirmed. And minutes before we were to go live, he loving bailed. He had an "emergency". Leaving the hosts scrambling to find a replacement (which was Kevin) in less than 15 mins! Which is why we started late.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/942901625227829248

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 19, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

i figured the truth would be No. its amazing the mental gymnastics shitizens have been going through these past 5 years.

My favorite is how convinced they were that I was OldSchoolCmdr. Then he invited them to meet him for lunch in NYC. And those loving cowards never took him up on it.

----------------

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Regrettable posted:

Odd how they never seem to ask for balanced discussion when everything being said is positive.
:mmmhmm:

D_Smart posted:

I reached out to a bunch of them, including Montoya who said on Thurs that we could it. Then he disappeared. Some even contacted the organizer, then disappeared.

But yeah, they're all cowardly fucks who only function in their sad little bubble with Shitizens as their audience. Even Montoya, who isn't as crazy as those other guys like Astropub, Twerk17, BoredGamer, WTFO et al, didn't want to do the show.

Also, FailureToReport who I also recommended, since he was a backer and has a unique insight, was confirmed. And minutes before we were to go live, he loving bailed. He had an "emergency". Leaving the hosts to scrambling to find a replacement (which was Kevin) in less than 15 mins! Which is why we started late.
:sad:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

FailureToReport?

More like, failure to report. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Also, FailureToReport who I also recommended, since he was a backer and has a unique insight, was confirmed. And minutes before we were to go live, he loving bailed. He had an "emergency". Leaving the hosts to scrambling to find a replacement (which was Kevin) in less than 15 mins! Which is why we started late.
C'mon dude, no reason to air quote the dude. Sometimes that hour you thought you had, you don't. Especially around the holidays.

Also we all know they'd be terrified to go on livestream with you. You are their literal Satan.

It's really loving funny that in the video the "why no balanced panel?" comes up right after all three of you said the space doors and other spending are at their discretion. Oh man, so negative! Claiming the studio should have its own agency on its spending!