Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Manky posted:

Do you mean the secret compartment on the dock where you have to plug in the power and video cords, so very much not a secret? And you missed the two USB ports out in the open on the side of the dock? It's cool - really - I'm just checking.

Based on this thread, I think that most Switch owners have never even taken the dock out of the box and are powering the Switch itself through an old iPhone charger hooked up through a daisy chain of dodgy Chinese battery packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Well there's no documentation about how this poo poo sets up. So I looked at the dock and thought "that looks like a secret panel I can open." I then inspected it closer to confirm there was no visible HDMI ports, so I looked at the hatch again and popped it open. I was nervous about breaking something! I have everything figured out now. Also...

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Based on this thread, I think that most Switch owners have never even taken the dock out of the box and are powering the Switch itself through an old iPhone charger hooked up through a daisy chain of dodgy Chinese battery packs.

This cannot be worse than the screwing confusion that arose when the New 3DS launched.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

This cannot be worse than the screwing confusion that arose when the New 3DS launched.

Has anyone glued cartridge holders to the Switch yet?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I glue the carts to the inside of the dock, to protect from scratches.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

simple yet effective

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I'm liking the Sexy Brutale a lot so far but it chugs in handheld mode, haven't had a chance to try docked yet. Frame rates plummets and my character slides around frequently.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you pretend to 'criticize' nintendo and all you do is suck them off and offer token complaints nobody gives a gently caress about it. it's cucks like you that let that underpowered toaster tablet piece of poo poo get to 10m so fast, go loving scream WAHOO in public you underaged child, go help nintendo steal more good games like bayo from real gamers you piece of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Does anyone know anything about Dragon Fang Z? Googling is failing to turn up anything for me but a brief description and a trailer. The idea of a true roguelike on the Switch has certainly got my interest.

I can tell you that if feels machine translated, but if you've played a traditional roguelike before then you know what to expect and are getting exactly that. I've made it about halfway down according to the game's own progress log, and the speed with which I can boot up and start a run means I've put more time into it this week than Gungeon.
Skills come in the form of "fangs" that drop randomly from monsters, and you can equip them to use later (once they've charged up) or spend them immediately for an immediate benefit.
There's also a "brave" system for weapons that I haven't wrapped my head around fully yet, but it seems like you can accrue points by standing in place during combat to unlock certain abilities on weapons, and those points diminish once you start moving again. Maybe.
There are monster houses and items with random effects (different magical rods, in this case), and ranged monsters can accidentally kill each other while trying to kill you, causing them to evolve. Things can get pretty hectic, but it feels good to use every item in your inventory to power through a bullshit situation.
There's also a sort of puzzle room mode that tests your understanding of the game's systems by requiring you to follow certain steps in order to reach the stairs alive.

I'm enjoying my time with it and haven't had any issues aside from the quality of the translation sometimes getting in the way of item descriptions.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 26, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

you pretend to 'criticize' nintendo and all you do is suck them off and offer token complaints nobody gives a gently caress about it. it's cucks like you that let that underpowered toaster tablet piece of poo poo get to 10m so fast, go loving scream WAHOO in public you underaged child, go help nintendo steal more good games like bayo from real gamers you piece of poo poo

A normal and well-adjusted post.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

a.lo posted:

Agreed

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

please source your quotes

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

a.lo posted:

source

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

source, quotes, etc

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

a.lo posted:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

a.lo posted:

Without looking I'm assuming this is from the gbs thread

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Whomever that quote belongs to might find more solace in an entirely different hobby, me thinks

There are many exciting possibilities available for those looking to engage in a new activity or learn a new skill!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They'll eat their words when they see bayo 3 running through a 150 dollar upscaler hdmi cable

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

a.lo posted:

brb gotta go scream WAHOO in public and help Nintendo steal more good games from real gamers

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Bayonetta basically being an official Nintendo character at this point is just fantastic.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I'm liking the Sexy Brutale a lot so far but it chugs in handheld mode, haven't had a chance to try docked yet. Frame rates plummets and my character slides around frequently.

Yeah I ended up requesting a refund for it, that port is really rough. The game itself seems super cool though so maybe I'll play it on another platform one day

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the truth posted:

Bayonetta basically being an official Nintendo character at this point is just fantastic.

it's not so much "basically" as "literally, actually"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't understand the appeal of Bayonetta, aside from those goddamned thighs, because :stare: :drat:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
My favorite thing about Bayonetta is *squints at paper* her big an I may titties

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Tiddies are the only reason to game. Tiddies and annamays.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't understand the appeal of Bayonetta, aside from those goddamned thighs, because :stare: :drat:

Sounds like you got it.

I'm debating whether to play both bayonettas over the holidays or wait for the Switch version and resell my wii u copy. It's still sealed, bought it a while ago but haven't gotten around to playing it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I need a switch game without humongous flopping tiddies, is this the wrong console for me?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
on one hand, it's a console for kids

on the other, it's a console for japanese

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Switch is the new Vita. I'm sorry.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zelda sequel confirmed in development.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

Sounds like you got it.

I'm debating whether to play both bayonettas over the holidays or wait for the Switch version and resell my wii u copy. It's still sealed, bought it a while ago but haven't gotten around to playing it.

I believe the Wii U version that includes the Bayonetta 1 disc is somewhat a collector’s item now. I’d keep it sealed, sell it, and wait for the Switch ones.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

it is a really good action game.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Knifegrab posted:

Perfect just ordered an amFilm one, thank you! Is there any must-have recommendations in terms of accessories if I am just planning on using this thing as a handheld?

A hard case is nice for being able to just toss it in a bag. I've been happy with the Hori Tough Pouch, especially with the little holder it has for the controller straps since the thing is pretty much made for short bursts of multiplayer. It comes in black, but I had to get the Splatoon one because cephalopods are awesome.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
yo Doom is INTENSE. I'm really glad I didn't start playing this on the plane tomorrow.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Did Doom on Switch ever get a patch to fix the audio issues?

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Is it just me or is the guy you pick up in chapter 3 of xb2 kinda garbage? Like my whole party just constantly wipes when I substitute him in.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

FiestaDePantalones posted:

Is it just me or is the guy you pick up in chapter 3 of xb2 kinda garbage? Like my whole party just constantly wipes when I substitute him in.

the guy is good youre bad. probably.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

This is a good post.

I'm pumped I was able to play as a T Rex! Game's good. I still hate motion controls, but the games very fun. I grinned like a fool for the twenty minutes or so I played. It's no lie, the Switch is good!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If you mean the big guy, ignore him if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

keep playing you'll be happy

• Locked thread