Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

Carecat posted:

This is a pretty great bundle for new players with the 150% bonus cash right now.

Gomi Day why did you buy the game a week ago you could have saved so much money!!!

i don't see anything related to this deal anywhere!

i've also bought some lower tier cards in the past week and have seen no bonuses.

for sure gonna pick that criminal enterprise starter pack up, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Gomi Day posted:

i don't see anything related to this deal anywhere!

i've also bought some lower tier cards in the past week and have seen no bonuses.

for sure gonna pick that criminal enterprise starter pack up, though.

Welcome to the world of crime

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I don't know where my last post went (which may have accidentally double-posted), but GTA IV was fun and its map was great for free-roam long after you were done with the actual game.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't know where my last post went (which may have accidentally double-posted), but GTA IV was fun and its map was great for free-roam long after you were done with the actual game.

Single player or multiplayer? I always wondered how IV's multiplayer was like.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
it'd be nice if IV and the expansions got ported over to the V engine.

it'd also be nice to win 50 grand on a scratchcard.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

a bone to pick posted:

Team Mafiya Work is one of the best multiplayer modes I've ever experienced. Two or more teams getting the same missions and fighting each other for it. Heres a random game I found (that I happen to be in, but you never see me on screen). If the host picked the right setting you couldn't see enemy blips on the radar, meaning you had to be mindful of your surroundings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrVqdEzMy6s&t=89s

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
:sigh: Seeing IV's gameplay makes me wish they did a full-size LA rather than filling 70% of the map of GTAV with desert wasteland.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

you need that to represent Southern California as a whole though

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
True Crime did actual LA and it was boring as hell unless you lived there and drove to your house

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

:sigh: Seeing IV's gameplay makes me wish they did a full-size LA rather than filling 70% of the map of GTAV with desert wasteland.

Yeah, and they should accurately simulate the traffic as well. Have fun driving on the shoulder the entire game!

I just started playing this with a couple buddies. I got to level 15, got Alta 10 car garage, the $15k motorbike, the free Elegy, and an Ubermach, and a suite of weapons (special carbine, .50 cal pistol, etc). I have about $600k left. Is there anything else I should dump that money on? I thought about an armored car but that would just about break me.

Main person I'm playing with loves the activities aside from the races she prefers to do co-op or help others. I know, weird, right? So that looks like missions and heists. What's the best path to setting up interesting heists and missions? What rank or whatever the hell you call those skill bars should I be before starting in on heists?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The armored Kuruma was the best purchase I made at an early level, it will carry you through many contact missions, heists, and freeroam activities.

It pays for itself very quickly.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

lol last year when I bought GTA:V, I bought IV by mistake for like $8 and it still sits in my steam uninstalled

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

a bone to pick posted:

It was pretty fun, if simple and often full of people able to fire infinite missiles from their headlights.

a bone to pick posted:

The armored Kuruma was the best purchase I made at an early level, it will carry you through many contact missions, heists, and freeroam activities.

It pays for itself very quickly.

Kuruma is absolutely the first thing you should beeline for, yeah. It's very useful and drives much better than the Duke O' Death.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

a bone to pick posted:

LA is a suburban wasteland and with all the bitching I keep hearing about having to drive in grand theft auto, goons would hate it. Ask this thread about having to deal with 3 turns from a stilt house.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

GTA4 was awesome if only for those negative friction Youtube videos it produced.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

LA is a suburban wasteland and with all the bitching I keep hearing about having to drive in grand theft auto, goons would hate it. Ask this thread about having to deal with 3 turns from a stilt house.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zigmidge posted:

I do remember playing True Crime Streets of LA and always feeling miserable when I had to get from one end of the city to the other, it would take like 30 minutes because the city was a to-scale replica.

Still, can't stand the boring-rear end desert, especially if you happen to die and end up in the middle of nowhere a mile from the nearest road.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
GTA V does a really good job of compressing LA into recognizable neighborhoods in Los Santos so you get the sense of the city without having to drive 35 miles to get anywhere. I don't think it should be bigger at all. look at a reasonably high res satellite map of LA and you can probably name the LS neighborhoods without even trying.

also if you're stuck in poo poo nowhere up in blaine, start MC, summon motorcycle, drive away. The ability to instantly teleport my Oppressor to my side is probably the best part of an MC these days.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Anime livery needs to be on more vehicles. One car and one plane are unforgivable.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

mutata posted:

GTA4 was awesome if only for those negative friction Youtube videos it produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPVAdM43kQs

bonus elite level GTA IV Online gamelplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Ri6dhsnoU

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

taters posted:

Anime livery needs to be on more vehicles. One car and one plane are unforgivable.

:wrongful:

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
I've got a pile of hackerbux that is starting to dwindle. Enough to buy all of the Doomsday stuff if I wanted to, but I think it might be prudent to take my time and either cash in during a sale or the trade price or both for the remaining goodies. I've already bought the facility, the Avenger, and the Jetpack. Question is, should I go ahead and drop the money for the Deluxo? It looks like fun. Will I get use out of it while being patient for better deals on all the other goodies? Is it useful to complete crates/cars/gun supplies/air crates? Or would you suggest that my prudence is wise?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm hoping someone figures out how to drop hackerbucks again after this patch.

Some guy tried, but it capped at 60k and then the transaction failed popups started.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It's never went away. There are always methods.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Phweengee posted:

I've got a pile of hackerbux that is starting to dwindle. Enough to buy all of the Doomsday stuff if I wanted to, but I think it might be prudent to take my time and either cash in during a sale or the trade price or both for the remaining goodies. I've already bought the facility, the Avenger, and the Jetpack. Question is, should I go ahead and drop the money for the Deluxo? It looks like fun. Will I get use out of it while being patient for better deals on all the other goodies? Is it useful to complete crates/cars/gun supplies/air crates? Or would you suggest that my prudence is wise?

It's fun. It skates over land and water, it's fun as hell to drive in the normal wheeled mode, it can fly, and you can use it to shoot down helicopters with ease. It's pretty great, I love mine.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

It's never went away. There are always methods.

Welp. Looks like I have to find a benevolent modder.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
So, I've recently been getting back into GTA online, mostly because I was in a small motorbike accident irl and broke my wrist so my gaming is limited to controller based games.

I have a few questions. What's the most reliable SOLO way to make money?

Can you stack coke houses with the MC content?

Why do I still play this game?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

itsjustdrew posted:

So, I've recently been getting back into GTA online, mostly because I was in a small motorbike accident irl and broke my wrist so my gaming is limited to controller based games.

I have a few questions. What's the most reliable SOLO way to make money?

Can you stack coke houses with the MC content?

Why do I still play this game?

Import/Export seems the best to me. MC poo poo isn't worth it at all sadly.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Capn Beeb posted:

Import/Export seems the best to me. MC poo poo isn't worth it at all sadly.

I did have fun with the air freight poo poo, I have the gun running and MC ticking over, need to exploit randoms to get me crates.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I have:
1. Maze Bank CEO office with the cheap I/E garage.
2. Chumash Bunker. Fully upgraded.

If you don't have either, start with the CEO + Garage.

Solo money making is this loop for me:

1. Sell a top-end car, always keep car sale on cooldown.
2. Check in on bunker. Buy supplies. If you're solo it's best to not let the stock get above 25%. Sell before then.
3. Source at least one car before next sale. Don't go above 32 cars stored.
4. Headhunter.

You can sell one car every 20 minutes for 80k a pop minus damages. The bunker takes 75k in supplies and basically doubles it (and some) for little effort. Headhunter is good for 20k as filler.

There's no time for anything else in that gameplay loop, and it gets you just over 300k/hr and is mostly just mindless monotony. Never run bunker supply missions solo, since the amount of supplies you get is based on party size. Just buy the supplies since you can make the money quicker from cars.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 19, 2017

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Psion posted:

GTA V does a really good job of compressing LA into recognizable neighborhoods in Los Santos so you get the sense of the city without having to drive 35 miles to get anywhere. I don't think it should be bigger at all. look at a reasonably high res satellite map of LA and you can probably name the LS neighborhoods without even trying.

also if you're stuck in poo poo nowhere up in blaine, start MC, summon motorcycle, drive away. The ability to instantly teleport my Oppressor to my side is probably the best part of an MC these days.

Parachute mission are pretty much everywhere and most put you high enough you can get halfway across the map really quick or trigger a quick one and just land wherever you want to be and quit. Im not sure if its ever faster than just hopping on a bike and hauling rear end though honestly.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Got the Route 68 facility and am happy with it's location. Did Act III with some new friends who had the Paleto Bay one which was quite the pain. Took us nearly 10 hours as 3 first timers.

I was going to grab the CDKeys deal but I keep getting an error with paypal payment. I prefer giving my CC info to as few sites as possible, so I'm not sure what the deal is there.
Are the GTA V and Megalodon card codes separate so that I can use the card on my main account and use the game code on another?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

AzureSkys posted:

Got the Route 68 facility and am happy with it's location. Did Act III with some new friends who had the Paleto Bay one which was quite the pain. Took us nearly 10 hours as 3 first timers.

I was going to grab the CDKeys deal but I keep getting an error with paypal payment. I prefer giving my CC info to as few sites as possible, so I'm not sure what the deal is there.
Are the GTA V and Megalodon card codes separate so that I can use the card on my main account and use the game code on another?

As far as I know yes they are.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

AzureSkys posted:

No.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

As far as I know yes they are.
Nah. :l

Cage posted:

Nah you just type the code into the social club website and itll give you $8,000,000 and skip the game activation since you already own it.
Its one code, if you activate it on an account that has the game already itll just give you the money throw the game activation in the trash.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

a bone to pick posted:

It was fairly limited and, by the time I got to it (2012ish), you were lucky to get 3 per side no matter what mode you were playing. I once got 5-6 a side playing Cops 'n' Crooks one night and it was a miracle.

Cops 'n Crooks was the first multiplayer online mode I'd ever played in any game, ever. It often looked like this and sold me on playing online games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3U1VLuLlqc&t=49s

e- I was originally referring to single player and made an effortpost about how I should've picked the other ending because the one I picked was super depressing but for some reason the forums nerfed it (you can at least take some twisted schadenfreude out of Roman dying because there's no more COUSIN, IT IS YOUR COUSIN the rest of the game, I guess, but ain't no reason Kate deserves to die.).

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 19, 2017

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

taters posted:

Two cars, the Sentinel Classic has one that looks like it’s based on Miku Hatsune. Which plane has the anime livery?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ahhh I just found out the sentinel classic has louvers. Give me that car!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Anime_Otaku posted:

Two cars, the Sentinel Classic has one that looks like it’s based on Miku Hatsune. Which plane has the anime livery?

The Volatol.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm almost tempted to buy 2 so i can make one that's not a shitshow, because this one is showing up every time someone wants to do a car show.

Also, the liveries have stuff that shows up on the light covers if you add the bumper or roof lights. Nice attention to detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Speaking of CDKeys: the shark cards they sell only work in the UK. Does anyone know a verified way around this? I thought I was getting smart by pointing my VPN to London and logging in to the PSN website from there, but it recognized my account as North America and redirected me to the NA website, where the codes do not work.

By the way: with their pricing structure, it's actually a better value to buy multiple $10 (Great White) cards than it is to buy the bigger ones for some reason. You have to put a few more codes in obviously but buying 8 of those cards gives you 10 mil as opposed to buying the 8 mil card for $77 or whatever.

• Locked thread