Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nice, gotta stretch past the midterms for a real chance at booting him out of office.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

:eyepop:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Watergate took two years at least. Not a surprise.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Hahaha

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Actually they use oil filled hydraulics now instead of servos if anyone wonders how animatronics work.

what

FUCK SNEEP fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 19, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol, melt his brain down to mushy mush.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

empty whippet box posted:

really blows my loving mind that they honestly thought it was a good idea to do shady poo poo with a government email account. When I worked for GDIT servicing obamacare for a while, it was made clear to us that we should be very careful about what we say and do while in that building because we were GSA employees. I once asked a question to the wrong person and had three different loving one-on-ons with three different managers afterwards, over asking a simple goddamn question. I never asked anyone poo poo again, especially not over email, because my god are they annoying about it. But no, let's use our government email accounts to commit loving treason because we think nobody will ever see it without a warrant.

Well yeah, but that’s the point, you gained this experience working in government. So many of these clowns have never held a real job, or at least one in which there’s the slightest bit of accountability for their actions, so they’ve built up some hilarious ignorance.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

That's interesting. "people with knowledge of the investigation." That sounds like Mueller approved links.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Munkeymon posted:

Those words are in quotes and so are meant to be ironic. Checkmate :smugdon:

Every time I log into my work laptop similar wording appears that I have to click OK on.

Every time I remote desktop into a server similar wording appears that I have to click OK on.

Every time I shell into a server similar wording appears in the terminal.

Fuckin' lol if they think that defense is going to work.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

To be fair, even regular ol' boring criminal cases can take months and months. Even longer once you charge someone.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Looking forward to reading that investigation report when it gets published in October 2018

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

That's interesting. "people with knowledge of the investigation." That sounds like Mueller approved links.

Not necessarily. Could equally have come from Trump-side folks, I wouldn't be surprised if the lawyers at least have discussed timelines/availability. It also could just be scuttlebutt of a younger guy out with friends getting overheard.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Triskelli posted:

Max comedy option: with a historically unpopular tax bill on his desk, Trump chooses to veto the bill for a bump in approval ratings.

If Trump was smart he'd do exactly that.

"This bill is bad for Americans drain the swamp MAGA" and some other buzzwords would have the media fawning over him. They are ready and willing, they just need an excuse.

DrNutt posted:

This makes me very nearly uncontrollably angry. I think I should start taking a martial art, or perhaps get back into therapy. I don't think my ol' standby of loading up GTA and running over pedestrians is going to cut it anymore.

The best way to sum up the pharma industry is that a lot of decision makers in it need to be publicly executed, and that'd be letting them off easy for the poo poo they pull.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I'm glad that the one time my family could afford a week at DisneyWorld it was before the loving RoboTrump was installed in the Hall of Presidents, forever ruining it.

Also the only park worth going to was Epcot. The other parks are horrifyingly overrated.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

His lawyers told him it would be wrapped up by the end of the year, they just failed to mention which year.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AliceOllstein/status/942867734710444032

:lol:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jealous Cow posted:

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/942938773956038656

:laffo: gotta ensure them SCOTUS justices are loyal! Everybody gotta be loyal!

:lol: Watch Trump accidentally kick the door open to forcibly removing SCOTUS Justices from the bench because he thinks Gorsuch is still his to do with as he pleases, leading to a Democrat president axing Thomas and Alito, at least.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm glad that the one time my family could afford a week at DisneyWorld it was before the loving RoboTrump was installed in the Hall of Presidents, forever ruining it.

Also the only park worth going to was Epcot. The other parks are horrifyingly overrated.

Epcot was always my favorite. I'm really pissed they removed the Nordic Troll ride and replaced it with loving Frozen.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

When’s she next up for election? Are there any figures in Maine that could drive her out?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/942920653618982912
“Hai my nehm iz Tom Wheeler Barack Obamaweiss please end the Network Neutralizer pls,,”

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Koalas March posted:

Epcot was always my favorite. I'm really pissed they removed the Nordic Troll ride and replaced it with loving Frozen.

Converting that Alien Terror ride (with colonial marines and xenomorphs menacing people) into a loving Lilo & Stitch ride is a close second.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/942920653618982912
“Hai my nehm iz Tom Wheeler Barack Obamaweiss please end the Network Neutralizer pls,,”

Quick someone tell Trump that Obama came out against net neutrality!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

I mean, I'm clearly just ruining something that was clearly a joke but animatronics aren't robots, they wouldn't use tiny servos in their fingers, everything is just hydraulic cylinders moving tiny wires and stuff. Like sometimes the distinction gets fuzzy when it's hydraulics moving limbs directly but a lot of the cool smooth motion is because they are basically marionettes that just happen to have the strings concealed on the inside.

The way they work is pretty cool really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddMacGSsivk

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Nah, we'll be able to go again in the future when First Cyborg President Tammy Duckworth signs the Damnatio Memoriae Act of 2021, officially removing Donald Trump from the list of past presidents and criminalizing any depiction of him outside of documentaries and slapstick comedy

Your Lottery
Apr 27, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

If Trump was smart he'd do exactly that.

"This bill is bad for Americans drain the swamp MAGA" and some other buzzwords would have the media fawning over him. They are ready and willing, they just need an excuse.

"This is the moment Trump became xox~Presidential~xox *swoon*" - CNN

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Honestly I'd be okay with Trump getting a lovely little victory lap if it meant the tax bill was vetoed.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

nine-gear crow posted:

:lol: Watch Trump accidentally kick the door open to forcibly removing SCOTUS Justices from the bench because he thinks Gorsuch is still his to do with as he pleases, leading to a Democrat president axing Thomas and Alito, at least.

There won't be another Democrat president.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Converting that Alien Terror ride (with colonial marines and xenomorphs menacing people) into a loving Lilo & Stitch ride is a close second.

real talk: I went into the Alien ride as kid and was traumatized and I cried the whole time. Probably not a good idea to take a kid with a history of being sexually abused into a dark ride where a monster breathes and creeps on you, mom. I'm also partial to Stitch (long story) so I enjoyed the changed :3:

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

gently caress SNEEP posted:

No servos exist that are tiny enough to be able to accurately represent his hand

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Now you're just trying to start a fight.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

pkay posted:

Ever cryptic.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Farchanter posted:

Honestly I'd be okay with Trump getting a lovely little victory lap if it meant the tax bill was vetoed.

This would never happen but if it did it would be the funniest thing that has ever happened in the US government.

If he did this his approval ratings would go up massively and he'd learn a Very Important Lesson about how he could continue to make his approval ratings go up.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

pkay posted:

:jerkbag:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/aldotcom/status/942926144147542018?s=17

"Roy Moore does stand his ground and don't (sic)back down to political pressure and eve (sic). Now from Washington and the liberal fake news media," Moore wrote Friday.

quote:

Mr. stick-head politician,
I got some news for you
If you wan't to come, tryin' to take my gun,
son you better be bulletproof
And don't try to tell my children when and where to pray
We ain't that far gone,
we're still standing on
the land of the free and the home of the brave

This is coming from real America, son And pissed off rednecks like me
No, I won't push one for English I just as soon hang up the phone
If you wanna serve in a Muslim church Go and take your rear end back home
Get up and go to work if you're able
Instead of living off our dime
This give me a hand out generation
Is gonna bleed this country dry
Yeah, I think it's time that we change some policy
As for most of us It's still in God we trust
Here on this side of the ground
Get up and give thanks in the morning

And we work till the sun goes down
Things have got to change
We can't sit back, got to lead
Old folks they can't afford medication
This drat Obamacare is a joke
If it helps you with your sickness I say light up and take a toke
They need to lock down all the borders
Throw away the keys
Lets help our own right here at home Instead of sending it overseas
But right now raise your glasses if you agree

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Ever cryptic.

He is holding out hope we switch to a parliamentary system and have a Prime Minister from here on out.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://twitter.com/aldotcom/status/942926144147542018?s=17

"Roy Moore does stand his ground and don't (sic)back down to political pressure and eve (sic). Now from Washington and the liberal fake news media," Moore wrote Friday.

I realize this is what they are going for but I loving hate these people.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Xae posted:

He is holding out hope we switch to a parliamentary system and have a Prime Minister from here on out.

It would be the perfect opportunity to implement proportional representation!

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Xae posted:

What is hope?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

If it helps you with your sickness I say light up and take a toke

Hey do you remember why your husband was able to run in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DrNutt posted:

I realize this is what they are going for but I loving hate these people.

Thankfully, so did a majority of Alabama special election voters.

So, why won't he get off the stage, anyway? I have to imagine everyone around him is hoping he goes away and shuts up. Is he legitimately crazy or going for the wingnut welfare gravy train?

• Locked thread