Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Goku Black, Beerus and Hit have been added, plus "dramatic finishes" when certain criteria are met. So it sounds like maybe a cinematic takes over.

http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/12/13/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-goku-black-beerus-and-teases-dramatic-finishes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CzarChasm posted:

Goku Black, Beerus and Hit have been added, plus "dramatic finishes" when certain criteria are met. So it sounds like maybe a cinematic takes over.

http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/12/13/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-goku-black-beerus-and-teases-dramatic-finishes/

yamcha/hit/beerus

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

deadly_pudding posted:

So, is the Switch version of Xenoverse superior in any way? I'd double dip if it's like less janky, but otherwise I'll stick with the PC version.

It's portable and includes XV1's story mode I think? Beyond that it's the same

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This should also go here, probably.

Blaze Dragon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RgOh5CwM2Y

Look at all those cinematic moments! It's great. I also love how Black appears as the shadow dragon thing, and Beerus' scenes, it's just all great. Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TiTRJ1Q0SM&t=10s

Also Heroes has this! Interestingly enough, despite being Heroes' story as far as I can see, the Trunks shown captive is the Super version (blue hair). Furthermore, "canon" Goku and Vegeta have outfits they never used before - seemingly the Resurrection "F" ones, but with the Capsule Corp. logo instead of Whis' symbol, and Goku wears a shirt which he didn't before. Interesting.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

So the first time I played and beat Xenoverse 2 it was on a borrowed ps4 copy from a friend. I went back and got my own copy on steam a while back and made basically the same character since I enjoyed it so much the first time: female human, max basic attack and strike supers, abuse kaio ken for easy wins.

Except, that isn't how it's working this time. Basic attacks feel like they're doing less damage than I remember, and strike supers feel like I'm not getting the damage I should with the stat maxed out. I toughed it out anyway remembering how great Justice Combination was, only to finally get it and only get like half a bar of damage if whoever I hit didn't just vanish out. How are you supposed to play strike oriented characters now? Everything I've tried feels like I'm slapping people with a wet towel, what's the new hot poo poo for strike supers/ultimates?

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 18, 2017

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Do you have a QQbang that's appropriate for your character equipped?

This google docs spreadsheet has some numbers run on damage for skills. According to the author, the data is for a male saiyan, level 90, with no points in any attribute:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jsuxvZlD55j1Ji1n7SvGr_27UrN5ZqMoxDifY5r37Go/edit#gid=1202944195

You probably already know this, but the best way to make sure they don't vanish out is to break their stamina before you go for the ultimate(s).

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Thanks, that kind of chart is exactly what I've been looking for. The signal:noise I've been getting trying to look this up on Google has been horrible.

I do have a qq bang, I remembered that from my first go at the game. Not the best, but at least +3 basic attack/strike supers. I also remember my stamina break combos and all that, but the great thing about justice combination was that I could combo into it without having to worry about doing that. They were something I did because I wanted to, not because they were necessary to prevent people from casually walking out of my stuff, you know?

I'll check out the other better damaging ones from that chart and see if any of them are a better fit for me. Thanks!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

So am I the only one playing the new XV2 figure mini-game? Its dumb and the RNG to get good figures is cancer but the game itself is actually pretty fun and deeper than "mash UR figures together, win". Also, finally a bone for PC holdouts after they took our mods away: you can savescum with TP medals. just backup and replace your save file after getting a lovely run.

My thoughts on good pieces, based on pose because I don't remember the numbers:

-bitchslap Frieza (SR) +500 own Speed, -150 to ALL opponents on Field. Best SR speed piece in my opinion.

-SSJ Gohan (SR) the Ultimate generation is ridiculous, you can get it in 3 turns just by having him out in the field each time. Probably going to be a mainstay in both PvP and PvE teams even though he can't limit break.

-kicking Vegeta (SR) +1000 own Attack (E), +10% damage taken from opponents you've attacked. It looks like Vegetas are all attack-based glass cannons and, appropriately, this is the best in its class.

Now for the indispensable URs:

Beerus - The ability to ignore defense gives tanky teams the finger, and even the worse roll on him with lovely stats has a TINY bit less attack than SSGSS Goku. Good luck getting one though lol

SSGSS Goku - +500 own Attack, -20% damage taken from whoever you attacked. (R) Possibly the best attacker in the game. MONSTER attack and one of those repeating skills that turn him into a steamroller as the game goes on.

Whis - +30% damage taken by Allies on Field. As important to defense as the last two are to offense. Great when an Ultimate is about to hit or you want to protect your glass cannon.

Screaming Frieza (1st form): +500 own Speed, -170 Defense to ALL opponents on Field. This is better than either Golden Frieza IMO.

Piccolo (UR) +350 own Defense (R), +5000 Master's Defense. Probably the best MASTER tank in the game (I think one of the fat Buus are still the best FIELD tanks). Also has more of an offensive presence than fat Buu. The only problem is his alternate stat spread is in attack and is completely loving worthless.

That being said my current team is: Blue Goku, screaming Frieza, Whis and Beerus. The last slot goes to either Piccolo or fat Buu depending on who I'm facing, and SSJ Gohan situationally for the Ult regen.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

u can also save scum qq bangs by closing the game before accepting it (when it just shows the stats on cradfting)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I tried getting into the Hero Coliseum mode but I just couldn't. I find it really boring despite being decently deep, and I have an absolute hatred of gacha so adding that, to a full price game no less (and undeniably for cash-grabbing since you can buy TP medals now) is just unforgivable in my eyes.

Meanwhile, FighterZ looks much better! Here's a lot of info about it:

https://twitter.com/madluk_/status/942829660962021376

Highlight of that thread is Gohan having the second Broly movie's Family Kamehameha (the only moment where he turns Super Saiyan too):
https://giant.gfycat.com/DazzlingHighErmine.webm

Also on Gohan, apparently he's very interesting if he burns the whole meter (seven gauges) for Potential Unlock: he breaks the combo rules of the game, as it uses a basic universal combo chain, meaning every character has a LMH combo. Lvl 7 Gohan can go out of sequence which gives him exclusive combos. He also gets a speed boost on top of it.

And here's the full roster until now, except for Android 21:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I don't like the layout of that select screen. It's mostly good guys on the left, bad guys on the right, but then you have SSB Vegeta on the end. I know it's a stupid thing to get hung up on, but design of little things matters too. Put the Buus together, put the androids together, pair up Ginyu and Freeza, put Beerus, Hit and Goku Black on the bottom right as the SUPER characters, swap Piccolo and Goku so the non-saiyans are on one line.

EDIT: Nope, that still leaves adult Gohna in the top row, but it's closer.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I prefer baldies on the left, normal hair in the middle, and the rest on the right.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Scalding Coffee posted:

I prefer baldies on the left, normal hair in the middle, and the rest on the right.

Ok, hold up. Videl and her dad aside, who the hell has "normal" hair in Dragonball?

Don't say Gohan, he knows what he did.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yamcha had normal hair

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Chachi posted:

Ok, hold up. Videl and her dad aside, who the hell has "normal" hair in Dragonball?

17 and 18.

And Krillen when he was in full weenie mode

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Chachi posted:

Bulma's parents

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nappa

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I like the XV2 figurine minigame gameplay a lot but it is way too loving hard to get good figurines out of the RNG vendor thing. I did the story battles up to a certain point and they seem to increase exponentially in level of both the trainer and their figurines each time, and by like the fourth one you're insanely outpaced unless you just want to grind battles or I'm missing something

it's a shame because it's really fun and a good laying in bed minigame when I can't sleep but I don't want to wake my SO up with insane button mashing but good lord

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The fandom seems to be really excited for FighterZ, there's even a (work in progress) guide already and the game isn't even out yet.

I'm just as excited myself, of course. Buying it day one, it looks so good and I'm not even a classic fighter game fan. Also everything seems to point that Yamcha is at the appropiate level of power (the strongest).

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Not that big a fan of traditional fighting games either but im happy that people who are are finally getting a dragon ball one again.

Also day 1 buying it because its hella pretty and apparently plays kind of like a skullgirls 2 which i quite liked.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I was super excited for it as I love traditional fighters, but it is releasing against my favorite franchise of all time, Monster Hunter. :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I was super excited for it as I love traditional fighters, but it is releasing against my favorite franchise of all time, Monster Hunter. :(

on the one hand it's hosed up that two of my most anticipated games are coming out on the same day

on the other hand i probably won't need to buy any new games once they're out for like, 4-6 months

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

so i just got xenoverse 2 are there any hot pro tips for me? no dlc tho

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
You'll need to learn how to land Stamina Break to land ultimates. Otherwise they'll dodge. Stamina is required for dodging and blocking. The AI is dodge-happy as difficulty rises. You can exploit this.

All the races get a unique transformation(Giant Form/Purification/Nimbus/Golden Form), but only about the mid-point of the game. There are two others. Kaio-Ken is a random drop in an early mission. 'Potential Unleashed' isn't something you can get till mid-to-late game because of it's requirement.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jan 2, 2018

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Am I handicapping myself making a frieza or a majin or is super saiyan just broken again? I haven’t played since xenoverse 1 and I apparently was able to transfer over a gt goku gi art and the supernova final flash and maximum charge skills and like 40k Zeni and 203 tp medals.

Anything I should do with those?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Ramadu posted:

Am I handicapping myself making a frieza or a majin or is super saiyan just broken again? I haven’t played since xenoverse 1 and I apparently was able to transfer over a gt goku gi art and the supernova final flash and maximum charge skills and like 40k Zeni and 203 tp medals.

Friezamen are the best at ki attacks, and the Majin transformation was apparently buffed into usefulness, so you're good there.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Ramadu posted:

I’d just hold on to the medals, wait til you unlock some good poo poo to spend them on. But you’ll have more medals and zeni than you have any use for through normal gameplay so I wouldn’t stress it.

Maximum charge is dope though.

I doubt going as a non saiyan will handicap you. I was so excited to unlock super saiyan but by the time I did I was already so swole that it felt totally unnecessary for 99% of encounters. It’s more a fun thing i keep in reserve if things get really dire (just like a real goku) and I’ve only really had to use it for the very very end game fights and raids and poo poo.

I need to get the DLC I’m running out of parallel quests

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ramadu posted:

The Frieda transformation is the best transformation, as Golden Form has literally no downsides. The Majin transformation is one of the worst, but Majins get a number of unique moves that other races can't use. Super Saiyan is good, but I wouldn't say it's super broken; it's definitely been downgraded from Xenoverse 1.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
My biggest criticism of Xenoverse 2's races is that I can put cat ears on my fat buus but not on my fembuus.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Main Paineframe posted:

The Frieda transformation is the best transformation, as Golden Form has literally no downsides. The Majin transformation is one of the worst, but Majins get a number of unique moves that other races can't use. Super Saiyan is good, but I wouldn't say it's super broken; it's definitely been downgraded from Xenoverse 1.
I heard they nerfed the Nameks into uselessness. Even their regen won't activate until they are dead. They were the "for experienced players only" sort of class in the last game, but they are even worse now.
I'll try a Coldman this time.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 2, 2018

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know about SSJ but Golden Transformation is the best goddamn thing.

If you're in a PQ it's a make or break scenario. Your standard ki blast becomes a full powered death beam that does insane damage, is super fast to fire off, takes no ki, GIVES you ki, and can hit at a very large range.

The general speed buff and incredible ki attack buffs only help. Pair it with something like the Cell Z soul that makes you super strong at the cost of not being able to block and you're, pardon the phrase, golden.

It's a transformation that feels just as much of a power boost as it should.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I cannot emulate my favorite Dragonball Super character Zirloin and I demand my money back.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There is still about one or two more DLC to milk the fans before Xenoverse 3 comes out.

Zarbuto is better.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah but Ribrianne’s clothes are already in the game and female-only.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Talking about Xenoverse 2, it's currently at a 50% (60% with PS+) discount on the PlayStation Store. The original Xenoverse is at a 75% discount as well.

The season pass and other DLC is not on discount because Bandai Namco seems to really not want me to get them. Their loss, I'll use the cash on other games! that is, FighterZ

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Blaze Dragon posted:

Talking about Xenoverse 2, it's currently at a 50% (60% with PS+) discount on the PlayStation Store. The original Xenoverse is at a 75% discount as well.

The season pass and other DLC is not on discount because Bandai Namco seems to really not want me to get them. Their loss, I'll use the cash on other games! that is, FighterZ

While the DLC/season pass itself isn't on sale, if you don't own Xenoverse 2, the Deluxe Edition IS on sale, and is stupidly tempting me, despite having bought the base game for my PC until I got tired of trying to get mods to work. I'm HALF tempted to grab it, but at the same time, that's half the price of FighterZ, which I could just as well get later on this month. Thoughts/encouragement, thread?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i bought xenoverse 2 deluxe despite bouncing off a friend's copy in the past because waiting for fighterz apparently has me just that hungry for a dbz game

at least i'll get to try that weird new gacha mode they added

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Magil of Shadow posted:

While the DLC/season pass itself isn't on sale, if you don't own Xenoverse 2, the Deluxe Edition IS on sale, and is stupidly tempting me, despite having bought the base game for my PC until I got tired of trying to get mods to work. I'm HALF tempted to grab it, but at the same time, that's half the price of FighterZ, which I could just as well get later on this month. Thoughts/encouragement, thread?
I think you only get half the DLC and none of the second batch. You may as well just get the base and see if you like it enough to get the first season pass that should be on sale in a few months. Oh wow, the reviews are hammering the whole season pass 2 thing. Looks like people forgot about that lovely practice and the game originally shipping with just four DLC.

If you own the first game, don't forget to equip Maximum Charge and whatever pain in the rear end skills you want that are not learned by Mentors, when you make a save transfer.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 3, 2018

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Burkion posted:

I don't know about SSJ but Golden Transformation is the best goddamn thing.

If you're in a PQ it's a make or break scenario. Your standard ki blast becomes a full powered death beam that does insane damage, is super fast to fire off, takes no ki, GIVES you ki, and can hit at a very large range.

The general speed buff and incredible ki attack buffs only help. Pair it with something like the Cell Z soul that makes you super strong at the cost of not being able to block and you're, pardon the phrase, golden.

It's a transformation that feels just as much of a power boost as it should.

woah woah woah, what's this Cell Z soul now? i literally don't block at all, just z vanish, fly away like a coward, and tank any combos i get caught in. this sounds perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Mandrel posted:

woah woah woah, what's this Cell Z soul now? i literally don't block at all, just z vanish, fly away like a coward, and tank any combos i get caught in. this sounds perfect

"Power-Weighted Transformation". Activates on any transformations, gives you a buff to your basic attacks in exchange for being slightly slowly and being unable to block.

• Locked thread