Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC Royal Pains' thing was that he pulled a Dr Tenma and got blacklisted from NYC hospitals and ended up in the Hamptons doing housecalls for rich people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wait, both Beckys?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mu Zeta posted:

Wait, both Beckys?

yeah to make up for the zero Marks

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mu Zeta posted:

Wait, both Beckys?

Becky 2 is playing a different character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, they're supposedly doing something with it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

20 minutes into the first episode of Mindhunter and i didn't realise that the main character is supposed to be an alien who is imitating human speech patterns based on his study of old-timey radio plays.

Seriously, the motherfucker may as well have his script in his hand reading off his lines in every scene.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The son turned into Buzz from Psych?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Sarah Chalke was a part of Roseanne/ in the Roseanne Remake?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I think my favorite part of Roseanne was after they switched Beckys, they had an intro sequence that was a montage of the characters, and for Becky's she started out as the original and morphed into the new one. I appreciated the self awareness of that joke.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TV Zombie posted:

Sarah Chalke was a part of Roseanne/ in the Roseanne Remake?

i've never seen roseanne and even i know she was becky 2

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I think I eventually tapped out when they were in the perpetual circle of all the "Mike's going to get exposed!" and "I can't believe you did this with him!" Like at one point Mike stopped being a fake lawyer to make that all go away but then it just came back up again anyway. I don't even know what the state of things was when I last watched. I just know Mike was on the brink of being exposed, Harvey was morally icky about it all while also being very arrogant, Rachel and Donna were probably really upset about everything, and Louis was probably torn on what to do.

Because that was always the state of things.

I also never finished Burn Notice and can't remember at what layer of conspiracy Mike had uncovered about who REALLY burned him I left it at. Or which time Neal stole something on White Collar to keep him indebted to the FBI. Or on Royal Pains which... actually I don't remember the plot of Royal Pains. I think he just liked doing house visits to rich people.

I actually feel this way about Community. I know they tried to turn the fact that no one was graduating and moving on(except the cast members who left) into the theme of the show but it honestly just felt sad and pointless.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

spudsbuckley posted:

20 minutes into the first episode of Mindhunter and i didn't realise that the main character is supposed to be an alien who is imitating human speech patterns based on his study of old-timey radio plays.

Seriously, the motherfucker may as well have his script in his hand reading off his lines in every scene.

That's his character. He's a straight up sociopath. With that said, the script in episode one is pretty week. The show definitely finds it's groove as it progresses.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

No thanks

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Looten Plunder posted:

That's his character. He's a straight up sociopath. With that said, the script in episode one is pretty week. The show definitely finds it's groove as it progresses.

I get that but it mostly just comes off as really bad acting.

I've just finished up episode 3 and the show does get a bit better but it still feels a bit "off" for some reason. The girlfriend character is utterly pointless because she just shows up for maybe 5 minutes an episode to show her tits and blow the main guys mind by telling him to use psychology. She is literally just there because every show has to have a love interest for the main guy.

She's the first female we see him speak to and they are like chalk and cheese so of course they are going to be a couple. Hackneyed poo poo.

Partner guy is like every cop buddy ever. "Goddammit, i don't agree with your methods but they get results so i'm gonna go to bat for you!".

The best actor is the guy who plays Ed Kemper.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

3 out of 7 are great comedic actors and 1 other is good in small doses (none of them are Roseanne BTW, she was always my least favourite part of the show), which is good for any ensemble. It all depends on the writing, which I don't have high hopes for.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Norwegian Rudo posted:

3 out of 7 are great comedic actors

Dan, Cousin Jackie, and Darlene? Those are the only ones that I've seen in anything that isn't Roseanne, but I do like all of them pretty well.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sarah Chalke rules. Hell I might watch this just to see a sitcom with Goodman, Metcalf and Chalke in 2018.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

precision posted:

Dan, Cousin Jackie, and Darlene? Those are the only ones that I've seen in anything that isn't Roseanne, but I do like all of them pretty well.

I had Sara Gilbert as the good in small doses one, Sarah Chalke as the other great one. Love her from Scrubs and other things.

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 19, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jason Mantzoukas trying to explain the story of King Midas to Will Ferrell in the latest No Activity was funny as hell.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Mu Zeta posted:

Wait, both Beckys?

They're gonna alternate scenes.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

I had Sara Gilbert as the good in small doses one, Sarah Chalke as the other great one. Love her from Scrubs and other things.

She got written pretty terribly in the last few seasons of Scrubs, but then again I think Turk is the only one who didn't eat outright character assassination. JD, Ted Mosby and Ross Geller need to start a support group.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-office-revival-nbc-1202644522/

Oh come ON. That show limped across the finish line but at least it ended with a reasonable amount of grace and finality. Don't reanimate corpses NBC.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks like they’ve upgraded “make it 1997 again through science or magic” to 2007

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Looks like they’ve upgraded “make it 1997 again through science or magic” to 2007

One wonders how low the bar can get

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It feels like The Office just ended :confused:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sarah Chalke is aging like fine wine. Like, good lord that is a beautiful person.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Jason Mantzoukas trying to explain the story of King Midas to Will Ferrell in the latest No Activity was funny as hell.

No Activity has been great in general.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I really enjoyed Shut Eye season 1, but man this season just seemed like it ends on a wet fart. Season 1s finale was great and left me wanting more, this season I had to double check because it didn't feel like a season finale at all. I think the only "shocking" cliffhanger was the fake pregnancy. obviously there will also be some drama with his kid and the Gypsy daughter, but other than that uhhh what really happened this season?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Regy Rusty posted:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-office-revival-nbc-1202644522/

Oh come ON. That show limped across the finish line but at least it ended with a reasonable amount of grace and finality. Don't reanimate corpses NBC.

I didn’t have to click the link to know what you were talking about.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Re: USA procedural chat, the secret superstar of that era to me was Covert Affairs. It began as very much a "sexy FBI rookie gets involved in international schemes involving her shady ex-boyfriend" kind of fluff show, but by the end it was a genuinely well-crafted spy drama. I was sad to see it end.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

less laughter posted:

“I don’t even own a TV”

"For you see, I have been on Mars for the last decade, in a cave, with my eyes shut and my fingers in my ears"

"Stupid trash, rotten, stinky, hate world, revenge soon, take out on everyone"

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Dec 19, 2017

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Medullah posted:

I really enjoyed Shut Eye season 1, but man this season just seemed like it ends on a wet fart. Season 1s finale was great and left me wanting more, this season I had to double check because it didn't feel like a season finale at all. I think the only "shocking" cliffhanger was the fake pregnancy. obviously there will also be some drama with his kid and the Gypsy daughter, but other than that uhhh what really happened this season?

Uh, a lot?

His wife left him, he's come to the conclusion that his abilities are probably genetic, and he's become exactly the thing he's spent his whole life mocking -- a sucker. And a bunch of stuff in the Gypsy plotline but I can't remember much except for the part where everyone thinks everyone else hosed them over but it was all a completely divine act of random chance fuckery. Oh, and his wife's dead girlfriend is probably orchestrating this from beyond the grave.

That said, it's says a lot about our current televisual landscape that none of this qualifies as particularly outlandish, but stuff did happen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Metacritic aggregate of 70 top ten lists. No real surprises, seems like there was a lot of consensus on what were the best shows this year.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Further proof that top 10 lists are super dumb and bad.

Anyway, in the deadzone of tv that is the holidays, I finally started season 2 of crazy ex girlfriend. They're really playing up the crazy aspect aren't they? It's good. I really need to get around to Half and Catch Fire S3 too.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/943134772712411137

Ugh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Excited to see Christopher Plummer as Weasel in Deadpool 2.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Are there even 10 shows left to put into a list that aren’t smeared by the people who made them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well that sure was graphic.

• Locked thread