Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I dunno how anybody gets amped over Disney thrill rides because they’re all so drat lame. Give me Busch Gardens for roller coasters any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

FizFashizzle posted:

From the looks of that thing they kept the A design team at home.

They probably just cobbled together a bunch of extra parts from the "It's a Small World" ride, mostly from countries that no longer exist.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Office Pig posted:

The failure to repeal the ACA on the first go might have something to do with that. It’s harder to disguise this as a funneling of wealth away from American society when it’s no longer founded upon wholly repealing a flawed, though marginally beneficial and life-saving insurance program. I think the more important matter is what’s driving their current behavior. Is it:

A) Mindless greed

B) Preparation for the immediate establishment of a nightmarish autocracy

C) Running the gently caress away with the hopes their money will save them from Trump’s inevitable war(s)

D) Confidence their Democratic peers will change nothing or at most change enough to leave everything ultimately worse off

Their donors being insane morons is a given, but the absolute absence of any concern whatsoever about perception is increasingly worrisome.
I figure they know there's going to be a backlash so they want to push the needle as far into the "everything is hosed" red zone so even a return to the 2015 status quo will seem like FULL COMMUNISM NOW whenever the Democrats get around to trying to reestablish it. Upon which they'll pull every trick in the book, along with some new ones, to block the effort.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Office Pig posted:

I disagree.

Holy poo poo is that thing unflattering. I love it.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42407488

Has this been reported anywhere else?

(US accuses North Korea of creating the WannaCry malware earlier this year)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Office Pig posted:

I disagree.

I wonder if Disney techs will ever play Biff Tannen lines through that thing during hours when the park is closed to amuse themselves. They could even make a shiny bath robe and little handgun for it.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Office Pig posted:

I disagree.

Haha they couldn't make the neck fat enough. It looks like he's being strangled by his shirt.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Office Pig posted:

I disagree.

"Quaid... start the reactor..."

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Phrosphor posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42407488

Has this been reported anywhere else?

(US accuses North Korea of creating the WannaCry malware earlier this year)

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/942936108110897152

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Office Pig posted:

I disagree.

It looks like they put Jimmy Carter in the microwave.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

https://twitter.com/JohnHultquist/status/942985508019408897

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012
IIRC Heller is literally the only Republican Senator who's running for re-election in 2018 in a state that Hillary won, so my guess is the rest of them are probably either a) More afraid of a primary challenge from the right than a general election loss, b) Hoping that the public's short memory means that this vote won't hurt them in 2020/2022 or c) Figure they're going to lose anyway, so they might as well make sure their donors are taken care of so they have better luck finding some form of wingnut welfare to collect.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
They're sitting US senators aka one of the most exclusive clubs on the planet, they've all accumulated wealth or power somehow and I doubt any of them actually think they'll lose their next election until it happens

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Blitz7x posted:

They're sitting US senators aka one of the most exclusive clubs on the planet, they've all accumulated wealth or power somehow and I doubt any of them actually think they'll lose their next election until it happens
Yeah a lot of them are probably just high on their own farts that's true.

Not going to be a very effective defense at their show trials, though :getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nothus posted:

It looks like they put Jimmy Carter in the microwave.

It looks like a hastily repurposed President Cruz

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Office Pig posted:

I disagree.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I wouldn't be surprised if every senator was worked over extensively by every lobbyist and donor after the ACA repeal fiasco. Like you know they went after Collins with everything they could to make sure there wouldn't be a repeat. Not just her, but her staffers, her family, everyone she trusted. The entire GOP machine weighed down on her to make sure she knew she could not defy the will of the party again.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

wasn't someone making fun of me earlier today for saying that there was people that think of trump as their strong daddy that will always win no matter what?

i don't make fun of you for it, i just think strong daddy is an obnoxious way to phrase it and wish you'd do something else

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://twitter.com/aldotcom/status/942926144147542018?s=17

"Roy Moore does stand his ground and don't (sic)back down to political pressure and eve (sic). Now from Washington and the liberal fake news media," Moore wrote Friday.

Has anyone here used a phone menu that required you to "Press 1 for English"? It's always been "Para Espanol margue numero cinco" (sorry about the spelling, I took French).

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Old James posted:

Has anyone here used a phone menu that required you to "Press 1 for English"? It's always been "Para Espanol margue numero cinco" (sorry about the spelling, I took French).

oh of course, everyone who has ever had to press one for english also totally can tell from a glance if someone's groceries are too expensive for them to afford based on their hair, nails, and cell phone

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Old James posted:

Here in California, some things have "For English, press 1. Para Espanol," etc. It takes like two seconds for the automated voice to say, and after I had to use those lines a few times I just pressed 1 before she even finished talking without issue. It's not a big deal.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/eschor/status/942984567383842816

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Office Pig posted:

I disagree.

Holy gently caress, that's what his Disney robot looks like?

You know, when I first heard Trump was getting a robot in the Hall of Presidents I was pissed. I'm not sure why it upset me so much, there was so much more to be angry about, but there was something about such an awful man being honored in a themepark meant for children that made me feel really sick.

But now, staring at this hideous, bloated, mechanical monstrosity I realize something: this is not an honor, it's an obligation. We all must remember the mistakes we have made, no matter how awful and disgusting they are. This is not the android most people wanted, and yet here it is and we all have to deal with that. May it haunt the dreams of children forever more.

If I ever meet the imagineers who made this thing I'm buying them all a drink, they must hate Trump even more than I do.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Holy gently caress, that's what his Disney robot looks like?

You know, when I first heard Trump was getting a robot in the Hall of Presidents I was pissed. I'm not sure why it upset me so much, there was so much more to be angry about, but there was something about such an awful man being honored in a themepark meant for children that made me feel really sick.

But now, staring at this hideous, bloated, mechanical monstrosity I realize something: this is not an honor, it's an obligation. We all must remember the mistakes we have made, no matter how awful and disgusting they are. This is not the android most people wanted, and yet here it is and we all have to deal with that. May it haunt the dreams of children forever more.

If I ever meet the imagineers who made this thing I'm buying them all a drink, they must hate Trump even more than I do.

They were pissed that all the work they put into the nearly-complete Hillary bot was wasted and they took it out on Trump bot.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I dunno how anybody gets amped over Disney thrill rides because they’re all so drat lame. Give me Busch Gardens for roller coasters any day.

space mountain might be the oldest ride in the park but its got the longest line

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pakled posted:

They were pissed that all the work they put into the nearly-complete Hillary bot was wasted and they took it out on Trump bot.

Actually, from the right angle I could believe they just repurposed the hillary bot with new (ugly) hair.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Office Pig posted:

I disagree.

:shittypop:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pakled posted:

Holy poo poo... Tease the hair out a little bit and change the suit to a pantsuit. That IS the Hillary robot.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Chadderbox posted:

Holy poo poo... Tease the hair out a little bit and change the suit to a pantsuit. That IS the Hillary robot.
They're keeping hillary bot in storage for 2020

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is there audio for that gif? Also where's Obama's wax monstrosity?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ularg posted:

Is there audio for that gif? Also where's Obama's wax monstrosity?

https://twitter.com/DustinGiebel/status/942899693692039168

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

La Brea Carpet posted:

Bro/Broette pin-x is over the counter and 10 bucks on Amazon. If you need to treat something other than pinworms in the USA you, uhh, might want to stop being freegan.

Hookworms are once again on the rise in the south.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Yea this works.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Hersheypark, the only thrill ride I saw at Busch Gardens was when some lard asses scooter brakes went out on a hill.

Fun fact, Busch Gardens is the first amusement park I've ever been to that had sharps containers in every bathroom.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Donniebot should be just as fat as the Taftbot if not fatter.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007

The tip of a tie is supposed to hit middle of the belt buckle. Also the steam machine is missing.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Office Pig posted:

I disagree.

It’s like the love-child of Newt Gingrich and Ted Cruz

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Dick Trauma posted:

Holy poo poo is that thing unflattering. I love it.

Wrong. It's the best and most advanced animation robot ever, just so so so really really good and flattering. "I" approve!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Once you slip the bonds of the FDA you can eat floor meat and then take ebay drugs to cure the worms.

This reminds me of something posted about a year ago in the picture thread where people are buying antibiotics for fish as cost effective means for treatment :pwn:

• Locked thread