Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

It's pretty sad that this is a nerf to a bunch of edge-case weapons that were made viable by MH and I don't think that the Puncture and Impact buffs are really going to improve many weapons. I wish they'd swing the nerf hammer a bit less, seems like every few weeks we lose a bunch of fun stuff for no good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
This is actually a buff to the Tigris Prime, since Sweeping Serration will now affect its bleed damage.

The rich get richer and the moderately wealthy get poorer. At least the Tiberons and Burstons and Drakgoons scrabbling for scraps in the street aren't any worse off than they were before.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Quirkk posted:

What? No reason crits wouldn't still be included. Crits are irrelevant to what I'm talking about. Slash proc damage at the moment is based on base damage. They're changing it to calculate from base slash damage only. The crit is just a multiplier. Opticor has no base slash damage so it wouldn't inflict a slash proc with HM.

At the moment the damage calculation takes the base damage, applies mods like serration or pressure point, and then if the weapon crits the modified weapon damage is multiplied by the crit value, then the rest of the damage mods like cryo rounds are factored into the calculation. Damage 2.5 seems like it will change parts of the damage calculation, but they haven't gone into specifics enough to really know how things are going to play out.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
They aren't changing any of the damage calculation, they're just adjusting how status effects work. Making Impact and Puncture a bit better and making Slash [uselessly terrible/slightly weaker/even more OP than it was before] depending on whether the weapon used hunter munitions/normal status chance/normal status chance and also +slash mods.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

At the moment the damage calculation takes the base damage, applies mods like serration or pressure point, and then if the weapon crits the modified weapon damage is multiplied by the crit value, then the rest of the damage mods like cryo rounds are factored into the calculation. Damage 2.5 seems like it will change parts of the damage calculation, but they haven't gone into specifics enough to really know how things are going to play out.

It'll just take the slash component. It's not that complicated. It's just taking the slash number instead of the total base damage. No reason or indication that any of the rest of it will change.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Quirkk posted:

It'll just take the slash component. It's not that complicated. It's just taking the slash number instead of the total base damage. No reason or indication that any of the rest of it will change.

I thought that you were talking about the 8x multiplier not applying to the proc at all, not an 8x multiplier to an attack that deals no splash damage. I still stand by my point that they could just make Hunter Munitions have a 30% chance of procing slash with a calculation similar to what we currently have. It just seems weird that they would release a mod like that and then make it pretty useless a month later.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Seeing goons begging for slots and potatoes breaks my shrivelled black heart, chasing after paltry material goods in not in keeping with the true spirit of Tennobaum. What truly matters, is looking fabulous.

:siren: Tornavul's Discount FashionFrame Give-away. :siren:

5 Lucky Goons will each receive 200 platinum worth of cosmetics.

Only members of the PC Goon clan are eligible to enter.

To enter, simply quote this post and list 200 plat worth of shiny things along with your in game name. Show your math for full credit.

Cosmetics include Armor pieces and sets, Syandanas, custom skins, color palettes, warframe animations, ship decorations, glyphs and a wide variety of things which have no practical use but look cool.
Items must be purchasable and giftable for plat from the in game market.

Contest ends 24 hours from the time of this post, and 5 winners will be randomly selected at that time.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

I thought that you were talking about the 8x multiplier not applying to slash damage at all, not an 8x multiplier to an attack that deals no splash damage. I still stand by my point that they could just make Hunter Munitions have a 30% chance of procing slash with a calculation similar to what we currently have. It just seems weird that they would release a mod like that and then make it pretty useless a month later.

Doesn't seem weird to me at all. It's the kind of thing DE does. The game is full of things that have been nerfed to uselessness and them forgotten about. Look at Gara's 4 now. That won't get touched again until Gara Prime. Same routine as Oberon and Hydroid.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
This should improve slash procs for melee weapons like Nikana Prime and Orthos Prime (my two melee weapons I pick these days) as well.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

y'all are being really weird and hyperbolic about a change that's great for physical damage types in general that we haven't even gotten a chance to play with

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

y'all are being really weird and hyperbolic about a change that's great for physical damage types in general that we haven't even gotten a chance to play with

We're specifically talking about a group of weapons that relied on a specific mod to be good getting shafted by the update. How is that great?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Johnny Joestar posted:

The new impact procs sounds like they will be real fun. Not a big fan of the slash and puncture changes though.
Also I'm mad that my amprex is getting nerfed before I even finished formaing it, but even if I can't take it to sorties it's still fun as hell to fry level 30 dudes with.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Not a big fan of the...puncture changes

puncture is going to be absolutely better in every single way. the damage reduction will rely on how much puncture a weapon has and even if it's a lower damage/higher fire rate weapon then the procs will most likely happen more often AND stack up to a full 75% even if they don't initially start up there. the duration also gets refreshed with every single application. there has never been a point before where people relied on the flat 30% reduction puncture status on a weapon, but i can see the variable, stacking puncture actually being something to work with.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

puncture is going to be absolutely better in every single way. the damage reduction will rely on how much puncture a weapon has and even if it's a lower damage/higher fire rate weapon then the procs will most likely happen more often AND stack up to a full 75% even if they don't initially start up there. the duration also gets refreshed with every single application. there has never been a point before where people relied on the flat 30% reduction puncture status on a weapon, but i can see the variable, stacking puncture actually being something to work with.

I like the idea of the puncture changes but it's going to need to stack up very quickly to be good. Not sure about how I feel about picking away for ages against a high armour target with puncture damage for ages so that it hurts me less compared to killing it much quicker with corrosive or slash.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Puncture is better but still pretty useless. Who cares about making enemies do 75% less damage when they could do 100% less from being dead from slash. It should lower armor as well as damage to make it something that might be useful.

But that would require DE to acknowledge that armor is insane how it is now and that's why certain things are so common and effective. No one would care about slash if it didn't ignore armor.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

randombattle posted:

Puncture is better but still pretty useless. Who cares about making enemies do 75% less damage when they could do 100% less from being dead from slash. It should lower armor as well as damage to make it something that might be useful.

But that would require DE to acknowledge that armor is insane how it is now and that's why certain things are so common and effective. No one would care about slash if it didn't ignore armor.

Changing armour scaling would immediately solve so many problems simultaneously but it's become obvious that DE will never touch it for some reason. It's best not to dream.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Johnny Joestar posted:

It would be like if they buffed magnetic to be 85% shields instead of 75%. It does its job objectively better than it did before. The problem is that the job it does isn't too flashy or essential. It's a buff to status weapons that already had high puncture, but not a big enough one to make me see a gun with high puncture and think "i want to use that weapon because of this".

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Quirkk posted:

I like the idea of the puncture changes but it's going to need to stack up very quickly to be good. Not sure about how I feel about picking away for ages against a high armour target with puncture damage for ages so that it hurts me less compared to killing it much quicker with corrosive or slash.

the beauty of physical damage types is that they're on most weapons in the game innately and you're going to be applying it no matter what if you're using a status weapon with an IPS spread. it's not going to just be a binary choice of if you want to focus on it instead of corrosive or slash, and now that it stacks i can see it having an actually noticeable effect on enemies that don't die instantly.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The Boar Prime sounds like it will be pretty cool with the new changes. An auto shotgun with about a billion impact procs per second. Tap the trigger for a second and send a roomful of enemies flying towards the opposite wall.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The Boar Prime sounds like it will be pretty cool with the new changes. An auto shotgun with about a billion impact procs per second. Tap the trigger for a second and send a roomful of enemies flying towards the opposite wall.

are you there, God?

it's me, Boar Prime

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Johnny Joestar posted:

There's a couple issues but as with everything the devil is in the details.

First off, the Slash changes since they are where the most potential harm is. IF they are exactly as written and Slash is entirely the same except that it now scales purely off base Slash damage, that change is essentially a pure nerf and causes several issues. Firstly, even weapons with good base Slash, like Tigris P, will see a nerf, to varying degrees. ONLY weapons that are PURELY Slash damage will not be nerfed, and they will merely stay the same. It also completely invalidates Slash procs on most balanced IPS weapons, as they will now be so small as to be insignificant. Additionally, it would totally neuter Hunter Munitions as a useful mod on every single weapon it is currently good on except for Dex Sybaris and *maybe* Soma Prime, neither of which exactly need the help. This would be an objectively terrible change as a large swathe of currently viable weapons would be wiped out in one fell swoop. However, there are several different ways that they could implement this and depending on how they do so it ranges from a fine change to a great change. It all matters on whether there is an exception for Hunter Munitions (causing it to still scale off base damage) and whether they change the Slash formula for other weapons (and ideally how Slash mods interact with Slash procs). The best case scenario is Hunter Munitions retains an exception causing it to scale off base damage and Slash proc damage is a larger percentage of Slash damage and that damage is increased by Slash mods.

Secondly, the Impact changes. This is a sidegrade really since Impact as it is now has a big issue: Crits and headshots have an extremely symbiotic relationship and Impact procs make headshots extremely difficult to consistently achieve. Ragdolling just makes this worse. While yes a ragdolled enemy does 0 damage it isn't a dead enemy and getting an Impact proc actively makes killing that enemy harder. It's a relatively minor quibble in most cases (since you'll just kill them regardless) but it is very annoying when it comes up. It also trods pretty heavily on Blast's turf but that's not the biggest deal. Finally if they retain the hilarious momentum that effects like this apply to ragdolled enemies (see: The Grineer Space Program) this will be a very funny stat but a very ineffective one. Sending enemies to space is hilarious but means you don't get the affinity, drops, or kill-credit (in the case of like a bounty target) for that enemy and the hilarity wears off quick when you need any of those things.

Finally, the Puncture changes. This is purely a buff. The problem is, it's a buff to a proc that was so generally useless that even a large buff is still going to be relatively underwhelming. The issue is that the enemy you are shooting is rarely the enemy that kills you. It's the enemies you aren't shooting that are the problem. Even then, a puncture proc is ONLY useful on enemies that last long enough to shoot you back, of which there aren't many. Bosses are generally immune to procs and the only other things that live that long are high level heavy enemies, which generally kill you so fast that you are going to be bringing some form of perma-cc or insane tank stats anyways. It really doesn't help that Puncture is generally applied by single-target weapons. The best use for it will be on a melee-focused build that has a good status puncture based weapon, in which case it will be quite a decent proc to get. Really doesn't do much for guns though.

So on balance the Impact and Puncture changes don't matter that much but they're fine. It's the Slash stuff that will make or break this change. If they do it right then all will be well but they really have an opportunity to gently caress up here. Making a bunch of really fun weapons complete trash (particularly melee weapons with forced procs via stance and Hunter Munition primaries) would suck big time.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 19, 2017

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I got a rifle riven thats kill 14 enemies while wall latched while stealth. Not having any luck with Ash on infested survivals so I'm looking up a way to cheese to and the first thing I find out that Loki's wall latch is 10x longer.

That's super awesome except I don't have Loki.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

SSNeoman posted:

GONNA CALL IT HERE FOR A BIT AND SEE HOW MUCH PLAT I HAVE LEFT THANKS FOR COMING Y'ALL!!!
Thanks for the Warframe slots and Forma!

Avulsion posted:

Seeing goons begging for slots and potatoes breaks my shrivelled black heart, chasing after paltry material goods in not in keeping with the true spirit of Tennobaum. What truly matters, is looking fabulous.

To enter, simply quote this post and list 200 plat worth of shiny things along with your in game name. Show your math for full credit.

Cosmetics include Armor pieces and sets, Syandanas, custom skins, color palettes, warframe animations, ship decorations, glyphs and a wide variety of things which have no practical use but look cool.

Contest ends 24 hours from the time of this post, and 5 winners will be randomly selected at that time.

Fashion Frame is something I'm extremely lacking in so: Titania Solstice Skin (40 Plat) + Imperator Festive Syadana (50 Plat) + Valkyr's Bonds (50 Plat) + Morto's Binds (50 Plat) = 190 Plat IGN: Oloeopia

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Avulsion posted:

I'll toss my hat into the ring. Gotta try to amass some plat by next Christmas so I can pay this stuff forward.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 8, 2018

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Avulsion posted:

Rhino Palatine Skin (165) + Rhino Noggle (35) = 200

Warframe Name: Piell

Lekon
Nov 6, 2012

Sazabi posted:

:frogsiren:With the recent elections causing a great rift between family and friends who forgot which side America was on during WW2. The money I saved for holidays gifts is virtually untouched. AND THAT MEANS I'M PASSING THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU!:frogsiren: So like I guess Neo made all streamlined, so same guidelines with the things.

SA name:
WF name:
MR:
Monetary wish roughly equal to 150plat:
And maybe a shout-out to someone whose been a big help to you in game:

:toot: if the guys and gals who didn't get on Neo's list wanna repost their wish I'd be happy to help them first. But it's open season to the rest of you.:toot:
Merry Christmas!

Hey, I'll repost.

Lekon
Lekon
Ship stuff! Just some random ship stuff to brighten up my lander.

Also... sorry your family's a bunch of twits. gently caress Nazis.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Avulsion posted:

I would so take the Dendra Armor Set (70p) and Quaro armor set (100p) for a total of 170P; I've had my eye on those mofos since like day one.

IGN: Cybercooties

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Avulsion posted:

fashionframe? this, I can do.

Color pack - Eximus (75)
Liset Hima skin (50)
Pyra Syandana (70)
total, 195

ingame: notpsion

i figure that's a little bit of everything for maximum versatility

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Sazabi posted:

:frogsiren:With the recent elections causing a great rift between family and friends who forgot which side America was on during WW2. The money I saved for holidays gifts is virtually untouched. AND THAT MEANS I'M PASSING THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU!:frogsiren: So like I guess Neo made all streamlined, so same guidelines with the things.

SA name:
WF name:
MR:
Monetary wish roughly equal to 150plat:
And maybe a shout-out to someone whose been a big help to you in game:

:toot: if the guys and gals who didn't get on Neo's list wanna repost their wish I'd be happy to help them first. But it's open season to the rest of you.:toot:
Merry Christmas!

SA name: Shortduck
WF name: Widemallard
MR: 42
Monetary wish roughly equal to 150plat: Centura Syandana (It's on sale!)
And maybe a shout-out to someone whose been a big help to you in game: NorthCo for making me laugh. I miss him.

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.
I love this game because it allows me to say something like "A drunk man gave me a bunch of potatoes and told me to shove them into my dog" and that makes perfect sense. God speed SSNeoman, you glorious goon!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

zgrowler2 posted:

are you there, God?

it's me, Boar Prime

Oh hey, my favorite gun will now be a crowd control horrorshow? Looks like DE knew what I wanted for Christmas!

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Ok. I think that's enough plat spent. Happy Christmas.

Also on a side note are any of our talented artists (fish noise comes to mind)feel like drawing a trump inspired Warframe. Not necessarily a Warframe the suit but something along the games aesthetic. So trump-corpus, trump-grineer, trump-prime. Much obliged.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Avulsion posted:

Edo Armor Bundle (100p) + Provvok Shoulder Guard (50p) + Titania Noble Animation Set (50p) = 200p :)
S.J.01 in game. You rock dude!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I played the Mirage helmet defense alert with a two-man Fashion Police squad. Frost was the good cop, had his poo poo squared away, had globes on speed dial. I was Technicolor Rainbow Vauban (Butterfly syandana because Dark Souls fashion) with a Paris Prime, efficiency/duration specs, all bloom/lighting effects pink/white. 15 Teslas on the Frost, cover the periphery in bounce pads, cast Bastille, wait.

Shitposting in Fashionframe is glorious.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

DO YOU LIKE TENTACLES!? DO YOU LIKE TENTACLES THAT SQUEEZE MOBS SO HARD THEY DROP EXTRA LOOT?!

:siren: I'm giving away a full Hydroid Prime set! :siren:

Here are the rules:

1. Post your in-game name
2. Post your mastery rank
3. MSPaint something warframe-related. Using a tablet is cheating, mouse-only!

Prizes!

Winner: Hydroid Prime + Pilfering Swarm + Exilus Adapter + Blue potato!
Consolation prize (up to 3 people): 2 potatoes of your choice! Or, if chosen, you can pass on the winnings to an entry you enjoyed!

You have 24 hours, the clock is ticking!

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 19, 2017

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Avulsion posted:

dear Tenno Claus all i want for Tennobaum is the Trinity Strega Skin, street price 165 plat, deliverable to Prandroid in game

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
While we're doing frame giveaways, I have a full Mirage Prime set to give away.

PC goons only, unfortunately.

Just quote this and put in your:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

I'll pick a winner tomorrow around 5pm PST.

Thanks and good luck.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

RoyalScion posted:

Koorisch
DaedalusSA

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

RoyalScion posted:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

Thanks and good luck.

Sandweed
sandweed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

RoyalScion posted:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

Thanks and good luck.

Eopia
Oloeopia