Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

Corker, who has now said he will vote for the final bill.

Just after a provision was added that would save Bob Corker, personally, $1.2 million. I don't like being one of those "politicians are all corrupt only looking to make themselves rich" but it's getting harder and harder to find another view that can adequately explain Republican behavior.

Edit: aside from when they're being bigoted or "owning libs" of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cpt.Americant posted:

Just after a provision was added that would save Bob Corker, personally, $1.2 million. I don't like being one of those "politicians are all corrupt only looking to make themselves rich" but it's getting harder and harder to find another view that can adequately explain Republican behavior.

Edit: aside from when they're being bigoted or "owning libs" of course.

A view of "Republicans are all corrupt only looking to make themselves rich, while Democrats actually want to serve the public and make things better"?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

It's virtuous. It earns him money because he's a productive taxpayer; do you want the best members of our society to not pass legislation simply because they benefit from it? That is irrational parasite thinking.

man who was that legislator who the republicans bitched about for years and years and years because he got 'bribed' with an earmark that improved services in his state as part of the Obamacare passage

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

....Mueller fired the guy immediately when he found the texts, right? :confused:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

It's virtuous. It earns him money because he's a productive taxpayer; do you want the best members of our society to not pass legislation simply because they benefit from it? That is irrational parasite thinking.

man who was that legislator who the republicans bitched about for years and years and years because he got 'bribed' with an earmark that improved services in his state as part of the Obamacare passage

Ben Nelson of Nebraska. The Cornhusker Kickback didn't even make it into the final law.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Male to male electrical cords: made in the USA

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Male to male electrical cords: made in the USA

I noticed those. Is that so the family won't have to worry about feeding the children much longer?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Not gonna lie, I thought this was a condom commercial for a moment there.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

....Mueller fired the guy immediately when he found the texts, right? :confused:
You have to remember that conservatives are dishonest fucks, so whenever a member of the media or something gets canned or otherwise reprimanded for inaccuracy/bias, they will just scream "SEE!? THEY'RE BIASED!!!!!!" Because it was never actually about the media being biased, but rather trying to discredit the media so they can get away with their bullshit. It's been quite successful, if delaying any real solutions for global warming and, you know, elect the most unqualified person to hold the office of president since, I dunno. I guess technically Bush which should give you an idea of how goddamn good the right is at controlling a narrative.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

T-man posted:

Seems like the real cue to break us is "is heterosexual," hth.

Got bad news for you:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oof. That second panel is too accurate. My father constantly referred to my mother as "the boss". They're divorced now.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How about referring to your spouse as "badass Like a boss"? Could that work?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

How about referring to your spouse as "badass Like a boss"? Could that work?

No one likes their boss.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Outta nowhere, Bennett Good.

Do...do reversed labels count?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving hell :stare:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

There you are, Bennett. It's been a long time. :unsmith:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Ularg posted:

No one likes their boss.

the documentary Metal Gear Solid 3 has a different opinion

:sbahj:

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Dec 19, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

This is a great start to the day!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh man were we ever overdue for a good Bennett :)

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ularg posted:

No one likes their boss.

Jersey does.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sandpuppy posted:

You guys need to start breaking poo poo. I'll just be over here, supervising.

This is your periodic reminder that Mike Flugennock works for Russian propaganda agencies.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Nestorix
Aug 3, 2006

exotic particles

So, it turns out Republicans have never actually been obsessed with DEBT

I wonder what changed?

Things labeled "Debt", by Michael Ramirez

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Yes, all rapists and harassers, no Christmas presents to you! That will suffice for punishment.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sandpuppy posted:

Ted Rall take note: When you can't draw something, try copy-pasting.

Yes, his role has gone down in flames while the investigation continues. What an astute observation, captain obvious.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
:golfclap:

quote:

So unless even Santa is biased I guess we can trust the investigation then?
Robert Muller has the best sources, believe me, that Trump has been naughty.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oh my god.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I think a few of us thought the same thing.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

He really didn't have to draw the extra bit inside the ring, but you know.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what that bit inside of it is supposed to be.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

So... where's the tip? Am I supposed to read his mind?

(Also the true meaning of christmas is that tyrants can't take away our holidays. Io Saturnalia!)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

NN does indeed free you from your chains.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

God drat

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

A Good Cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

Read ANY comment section on the topic and there'll be that one person with the "Yeah, but what about all the other people he DIDN'T investigate? He only went after this one guy because he's the least biased and he's just ignoring all the other far more biased people so it will LOOK like there's no more bias left!"

• Locked thread