Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I like the OP's admission that he felt the need to run outside and deliver a sick burn to the lady who ruined his party as she was leaving, therefore solving the immediate problem leaving further issues to be addressed at a later date when all parties are sober, and that he just expected her to reflect solemnly on his wise words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

cumshitter posted:

I like the OP's admission that he felt the need to run outside and deliver a sick burn to the lady who ruined his party as she was leaving, therefore solving the immediate problem leaving further issues to be addressed at a later date when all parties are sober, and that he just expected her to reflect solemnly on his wise words.

He was obviously being the adult who has adult conversations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

You and the girl who didnt kill a dog need to learn how to not give an apology. This is basic life lessons, if you apologize thats admitting fault and accepting all responsibility for the problem. Never ever ever apologize, drink poison in front of the U.N. If you have to but never apologize.

Better yet, apologize all the time but keep doing exactly what you always do as blithely as possible so that people slowly realize your apologies are actually code for "I don't care and go away and frankly kill yourself" :c00l:

Vetric
Mar 29, 2005
One day I'll think of something witty to say.

Pick posted:

Better yet, apologize all the time but keep doing exactly what you always do as blithely as possible so that people slowly realize your apologies are actually code for "I don't care and go away and frankly kill yourself" :c00l:

Ah. The Canadian Code.

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

She should just stop shaving hers every time he shaves his.

Pretty sure she doesn't shave and he's just sick of asking her to, so he's like gently caress this bitch, either you shave or I shave!

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

cumshitter posted:

I kinda agree that it totally was escalating the drunken drama, but a forty year old needs to have the prerogative to eject people from his home if they're being idiots. No "chinese whispers"/"telephone game" type of indirectness, just telling the person to their face that they're out. She was so out of line that even her own husband isn't sticking up for her, it's just a quibbling over deleted texts. Which kinda goes back to telling people poo poo to their face.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oh, to be 19 again...not

my (19m) gf (19f) slept with someone during a break and I’m having trouble moving past it

quote:

I don’t really know where to start but this whole situations been on my mind for over a month now and I don’t know what to do, so here it is I guess. Basically, 8 months ago, I meet this girl at a party, she’s cute as hell, funny, interesting, easy to get a long with, and we just clicked instantly. We talk for a bit, hang out a few times, go on a date, and another party comes up. We’re both in a small major at our school so parties don’t happen too often, but anyway the last party of the year comes up, and she and I are both going. We hang out for a bit at the party, have fun and then she disappears for a while. I’m pretty drunk at this point so I don’t think too much about it. After the party I find out she left the party to gently caress some other dude. It sucks, I’m bummed, I pretty much write her off.

Later on we start talking again, we talk things through, she makes the point that we weren’t official, we weren’t really anything at that point. We talk through everything and start dating. Five months later things are going great, I’m ridiculously in love with this girl, and see a future with her. We’re drinking at her house one night, laying in her bed, and she asks me if I ever think about sleeping with other people, and mentions a break sometime in the distant future. I was drunk, but still kind of understanding; we’re both young, and pretty serious, I could understand why she’d want to see whats out there down the line. I’m still a bit freaked out though, its on my mind for a while.

A month later she says we need to talk, I’m panicking. She starts crying and says we should take a break. I say I’m fine with it as long as we don’t see other people during the break. She disagrees, and wants to see other people, saying she wants to feel free for a bit. She’s still crying so I agree, the breaks only a week long so what could happen? Its on my mind all day though, later on I text her saying how I’m not going to disrespect myself by agreeing to let her gently caress other people, I’m fine with spending time apart, but absolutely not ok with her loving around. She basically threatens to break up with me, so we agree to the break but never establish the rules. A few days later, I’m really bummed out, she invites me to her house to drink. We get drunk, and my idiot self asks if she slept with anyone. After pressing her a bit she admits she slept with someone literally the day after the break started, who happened to be the same guy from the party earlier in the story, the same guy who she refused to delete, who would hit on her over snap, even though he knew we were dating. This really fucks me up, I say I need a day to think about it. Eventually we decide to stay together.

This was almost two months ago.

We’ve been great recently, but I can’t shake the feelings of anger and resentment. She swears up and down she didn’t cheat on me, and never would, but thats not how I see it. It’d be different if I had agreed to seeing other people over the break, but I didn’t. And the fact that it was the same guy from earlier, and literally the day after the break started really just rubs me the wrong way. I’m having a hard time trusting her. I’m really trying to move past it, but it’s eating me alive.

Even on good days those resentful thoughts creep up, and I’m just angry. I want to move past this, but I don’t know how. I know the obvious answer is to break up, but I don’t want to. I just don’t know what I’m doing anymore, sometimes I see a future with her, but other times I just really resent her. I don’t know what to do. I feel like its just a matter of time before another break is suggested, I mean drat sure we sort of rushed into things but it had only been 5 months. Am I just prolonging the inevitable heartbreak by staying in this relationship?

I’m thinking about trying some meditation classes to clear my head, hopefully that helps.

Sorry for the ridiculously long incoherent post, I really just need to vent and get my thoughts out there, idk, what do you guys think?

tl;dr. my girlfriend slept with someone during a break she forced and I’m having trouble moving past it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You mean the girl who threatened to dump him if he didn't let her bone another dude already had another dude set up to bone??? :aaaaa:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

He shoulda bangrd another girl

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hmm, let's see how I get to cheat on my partner scot-free. *writes "let's go on a break" on one side of a coin and "let's open the relationship" on the other, throws it in the air*

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Palpek posted:

Oh, to be 19 again...not

my (19m) gf (19f) slept with someone during a break and I’m having trouble moving past it

I mean I know he's 19 and obviously a bit wet behind the ears, but jfc there isn't even an ounce of nuance as to what was going on there. He's a passenger on Amtrak 501.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
The sadness train is leaving the station *depressing horn noise*

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Also way late, but that shaving leg guy is probably just embarrassed and giving non-answers because he likes the feel of shaved legs and thinks that's not very manly. I say enjoy those buttery smooth pegs my man, even if lying in bed feels like sliding a warm pile of hotdogs writhing on top of each other.

e:

requesting namechange to buttery smooth pegs

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Palpek posted:

Hmm, let's see how I get to cheat on my partner scot-free. *writes "let's go on a break" on one side of a coin and "let's open the relationship" on the other, throws it in the air*

Unfortunately the coin lands directly on the edge, which is "ridiculous self ownage".

Jeza posted:

Also way late, but that shaving leg guy is probably just embarrassed and giving non-answers because he likes the feel of shaved legs and thinks that's not very manly. I say enjoy those buttery smooth pegs my man, even if lying in bed feels like sliding a warm pile of hotdogs writhing on top of each other.

e:

requesting namechange to buttery smooth pegs

Bikers and runners shave their legs all the time, I don't know why he would have a hangup with that. Just tell everybody he's training for a 5k!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Vargatron posted:

Unfortunately the coin lands directly on the edge, which is "ridiculous self ownage".

Bikers and runners shave their legs all the time, I don't know why he would have a hangup with that. Just tell everybody he's training for a 5k!

Yeah, but he doesn't want to lie to his partner because she knows he's not in training for anything. So non-answer is the only way.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Vargatron posted:

Cyclists. Big. loving. Difference.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Vargatron posted:

Where’s the self part? that girl owned the poo poo out of her boyfriend twice.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

My [27F] boyfriend [27M] knows I don't want to get married, but proposed publicly anyway. I'm humiliated and angry. Should I end the relationship?

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been dating for three years. I've explained very clearly that I am not interested in getting married, not just to him but in general. It just is not and never has been something I've wanted to do. About seven months ago we had a serious talk about it, and he said that he absolutely wants to get married. I said I understood if it was a deal breaker and that I love him, but I'll respect his decision if he feels like he needs to find someone who wants to get married. He basically said no way, he wants us to stay together.

This past weekend, however, he planned and went through with a massive and PUBLIC proposal that left me totally shocked and humiliated. I won't go over the whole thing, but basically my entire extended family was there, as well as dozens of strangers (it was in a public park), and he spent thousands of dollars on it, not even including the ring. I was horrified and confused, and said no. Now I'm dealing with massive fallout from my family, who think I should have said yes even if I told him privately later on that it was really a no. Several family members are no longer speaking to me (good riddance, but it's still upsetting). We were both humiliated, but I feel that he chose to put himself in that position whereas I did not.

I've only spoken to my boyfriend once since Saturday when he proposed, and he essentially said he thought I'd change my mind about marriage when I saw how much effort he put into the proposal. He did put a lot of effort in, but to me that is 100% irrelevant. It feels really patronizing that he thought he could change my opinion, and the fact that he proposed publicly makes me feel like he was hoping he could pressure me into it.

When we talked he apologized and begged me not to leave him, but I think it might be a lost cause. I'm leaning towards breaking up with him but I'd just like to hear some neutral, unbiased opinions before I make a final decision.

tl;dr: Boyfriend gave me a public proposal after I told him clearly that I didn't want to get married. I said no, he says he still wants to date, but I think I should break up with him. Thoughts?
Don't this poo poo either kids.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Palpek posted:

My [27F] boyfriend [27M] knows I don't want to get married, but proposed publicly anyway. I'm humiliated and angry. Should I end the relationship?

Haha what? Who spends thousands of dollars on a listening comprehension course?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

All I can imagine is a guy spending thousands of dollars for a movie style proposal and the girl rejecting him, dunking on him so hard that her entire extended family leaves her for the sheer brutality

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Blade Runner posted:

All I can imagine is a guy spending thousands of dollars for a movie style proposal and the girl rejecting him, dunking on him so hard that her entire extended family leaves her for the sheer brutality

Why imagine when that's exactly what happened?

I can't imagine hating the concept of marriage so hard that I'd go that far, but props to her anyway. He's a big moron for going explicitly against her wishes, although I hope it was the move of a hopeless romantic who underestimated her hatred of marriage rather than a cynical "put you on the spot" scenario to get what he wanted.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Palpek posted:

Surprise public proposals are coercion.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm betting it was an idea of the guy's friend who was like "brah, you just have to propose to her in front of the entire family, all chicks want to get married, they just won't admit it openly, I'm telling you". At least that's what would complete the story for me.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

A wedding proposal seems like it'd be a personal, private thing anyway. Unless the girl/guy has heavily dropped hints that they want it done over dinner or something like that.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Everybody knows the correct and mature way to propose to your partner is to make a Powerpoint deck that outlines the numerous tax benefits that come with being a married couple.

e: lol, proposal idiot and this one should probably trade partners.

I'm [30F] tired of waiting for my bf [30M] of 14 yrs to propose.

quote:

Throwaway for obvious reasons. I know I sound crazy, but hear me out. I've been with my boyfriend since high school (14+ years now; we're both 30). In these 14 years, we have been through a lot together (college, graduations, moves to different cities, getting an apartment together, sharing pets, vacations, familial ups and down, etc.). I've been extremely understanding that he may have some hardships, and try to temper my expectations accordingly. We've talked about the future for a long time, including timeline, wedding, kids, etc. I told him in August of this year that I was tired of waiting, and that I'd like to get married next year - which he agreed to. If we get married next year, I told him that I'd want to get engaged this year so I have a year to plan.

In October, we started planning anyway even without the official proposal. We're going to have a large wedding (both from big, conservative, Southern families that have been pressuring us to set a date), so getting the ducks in a row will take some time. We're getting near finalizing a venue, and I can't share this with any friends or family since we're not officially engaged yet. I'd love to run the date by a few close friends before putting a deposit down, as many of my friends are also getting married in 2018 and I want to ensure there are no date conflicts. More so, I heard him drunkenly mention to a friend that he's planning on proposing at the beginning of February.

I know one or one and a half months from the deadline isn't that far off, but it has been weighing on me ever since I overheard. I have tried to be understanding of the costs that come with a proposal, and even told him I don't need a big/nice ring - or even a real diamond for that matter. The gesture is more important to me. The fact that I was so clear about wanting to be engaged before the year ends, and him having planned something more than a month after that is extremely frustrating to me - because I've always been on his timeline. I know the year is going to end and I'm not going to be engaged. Do I let him know I'm frustrated? I'm no longer even excited about this and feel like I won't have time to enjoy my engagement.

tl;dr: Been with my SO for 14 years and communicated my expectations for proposal & wedding. He will not be proposing by when I'd like to be engaged, even though we're already talking about the wedding. Am I losing sight of the forest for the trees?

Theophany fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 19, 2017

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'm going to get shitfaced drunk and propose via the jumbo-tron at a baseball game.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Palpek posted:

I'm betting it was an idea of the guy's friend who was like "brah, you just have to propose to her in front of the entire family, all chicks want to get married, they just won't admit it openly, I'm telling you". At least that's what would complete the story for me.

It's me, I was the friend

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I'm going to get shitfaced drunk and propose via the jumbo-tron at a baseball game.

very classy, I am sure she will love it and be very happy :)

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Theophany posted:

Everybody knows the correct and mature way to propose to your partner is to make a Powerpoint deck that outlines the numerous tax benefits that come with being a married couple.

Why is it that proposing to him is never an option?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dienes posted:

I'm guessing the bit about being conservative as hell Southerners means that tradition is the reason.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

Theophany posted:

Oh 👏🏻 my 👏🏻 god

JUST PROPOSE TO HIM YOU IDIOT!

“Big Southern family.....”

Oh. Well then enjoy wallowing in passive aggressive misery while you wait for your lazy rear end boyfriend to finally propose after FOURTEEN GODDAMNED YEARS. Jesus, poo poo or get off the pot already....

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

propose shirtless, drunk, and singing the riff from iron man

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Dienes posted:

"Both from big, Southern conservative families"

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lmao he totally does not want to get married and when February rolls around she will realize she has now wasted 14 years of her life waiting for this shmuck

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's one of those stories that end with the guy breaking it off a week before the wedding, isn't it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Palpek posted:

It's one of those stories that end with the guy breaking it off a week before the wedding, isn't it.

You may be on to something... Is he a timelord?

After 6 months together, my (31F) boyfriend (22M) left me.

quote:

I came home to find my spare key in an envelope taped to my door. He left me a note. In it, I found out that everything I had known was a lie.

When he left his ex, it wasn't because she was crazy and abusive. He left her a week before they were due to be married. Everytime he said he loved me or that he would never hurt me, that was a lie. He said he's never felt any emotion for anyone.

Everything he has ever told me was probably a lie. I don't know anything about the man I cared about for 6 months. You wouldn't have known he was faking it. We just celebrated an early birthday party for me with my friends. He hugged me, kissed me... every one thought he was treating me so well.

He lied about a gift he was making me for my birthday. Night after night he said he was working on this gift on his tablet. He said he had family helping. Now I know his family never knew about me.

I slept next to this guy almost every night. He always made sure that emotionally, I was good. He allowed me to open up to him. I turn 32 in 5 days. How am I supposed to trust anyone ever again? How does someone literally fake love? How do you tell someone you care for them without being prompted and then say you never felt anything for anyone and it was all lies? What do I do now? How do I heal?

I'm heartbroken. I don't know what's real or not anymore. He was willing to leave almost everything he owned so he could leave without saying a word. I have no idea where he is. All I know is I feel alone.

TL;DR: Just found out my boyfriend of 6 months is a master manipulator and lied about almost everything that came out of his mouth, including his love and affection for me.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A guy in super early 20s is an immature shithead and way over his head after a 6 month relationship with a 30 year old woman who has totally different life priorities - who could have foreseen this? Reverse age gap problems.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I can't be the only one who thought the absolute worst part of it all was the total disregard for security in leaving a key taped to the front door?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Theophany posted:

I can't be the only one who thought the absolute worst part of it all was the total disregard for security in leaving a key taped to the front door?

A locked door is not much of an obstacle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

A guy in super early 20s is an immature shithead and way over his head after a 6 month relationship with a 30 year old woman who has totally different life priorities - who could have foreseen this? Reverse age gap problems.

Yeah, she seems to be a bit melodramatic over what was in the end just a 6 month relationship. The homewrecker.