Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
He better be careful with his hearing, or he'll be a tinny small medium at large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Exit Strategy posted:

So if Isaac actually does just abandon the club, does that make him a small medium at large?
I'm only mad because I didn't think of it first.

Also username/avatar/post etc.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

He better be careful with his hearing, or he'll be a tinny small medium at large.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Exit Strategy posted:

So if Isaac actually does just abandon the club, does that make him a small medium at large?
:eyepop:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, that's an interesting little reveal.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Well, now Lucifer's behavior makes sense. It was starting to stretch reason that Lucifer actually thought Spender would be capable of permanently dealing with the shadow spirit eventually, the way he always treated Spender (rightfully) like a moronic buffoon who was as much an obstacle as anything else. The fact that he doesn't but is trying anyways is... yeesh. I suddenly feel a little bad for the guy for reasons not related to Spender's inability to take good advice.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

This plan is going to backfire horribly, even if in just small ways that will compound later on.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i keep forgetting he's called "richard spender"

hey DICK spenDER

spennnnd

a little dick with wait no this came out wrong

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
JIM, THE EVIL BRAIN MAN

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
When Zack knocks it out of the park he knocks it the hell out of the park.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Absolutely adoring the "Oh, for the love of -" for Isaac's arrival.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You know, until this last sequence of comics I had no idea that the gross teeth/tongue under Lucifer were just his little bird claw feet/tail. What awesome character design.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Podima posted:

You know, until this last sequence of comics I had no idea that the gross teeth/tongue under Lucifer were just his little bird claw feet/tail. What awesome character design.

Y'know what else I just noticed? His birdcage looks like a screw in lightbulb.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Isaac, world’s smartest kid

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Haha Isaac you dingus

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is tangential, but Hijack's mastery of spectral energy is really interesting. Setting aside that he can use Spender's energy at all, he can do things that are apparently really complicated, like maintaining it while it's separated from him/his host. And, well, he just uses it in general; it seems to be what he's going for here over Spender's light or dark powers, and he's the first spirit we've seen use it at all I think. We know Zarei taught him it, but why she felt that was a trick her spirits need to learn is a mystery. Not that it hasn't been useful for him.

Also, huh. Him tying that doctopus to Max's arm might not have been him being secretive about the injury (since he probably doesn't care much about protecting Spender's secrets), but just him trying to help Max. It'd fit what we know of him now, really.

But yeah, wow, Isaac. Just, wow.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
To be fair that's how it often works in anime. :v:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
This comic needs more Jojo poses

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I miss Cryophage's gifs.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Isaac rules

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Did anyone else get a really sketch redirect when reading the page? Someone might want to let Zach know. (I'm on mobile, if it's relevant.)

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

PMush Perfect posted:

Did anyone else get a really sketch redirect when reading the page? Someone might want to let Zach know. (I'm on mobile, if it's relevant.)

I get one like every other page

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

it would seem the puppeteer has become the puppetee

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010
If Issac killed hijack now wouldn't that basically be murder? Child murder at that.

basically right now he's committing attempted murder out a desire to stroke his ego and a moral rigidity that crosses well into idiocy, and I sort of feel he's being very cavalier about erasing this sentient being from existence

Mr Spender would be proud

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A Spherical Sponge posted:

:drat:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Spherical Sponge posted:

If Issac killed hijack now wouldn't that basically be murder? Child murder at that.

basically right now he's committing attempted murder out a desire to stroke his ego and a moral rigidity that crosses well into idiocy, and I sort of feel he's being very cavalier about erasing this sentient being from existence

Conversely, I'm pretty sure Hijack's about to try to restrain Isaac here; he's making a bunch of rope-like strands of energy, and besides fitting the puppeteer motif, the most obvious purpose of those is to, well, tie something up. And we know he can project his energy, so he could bind Isaac and then run off, making a getaway and incapacitating Isaac without hurting him.

These last few pages really shook this whole arc up, and now we're rooting for the "villain" against one of the protagonists. It's great.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm not. kill him, isaac.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if isaac is painted as being in the wrong about confronting the guy who broke his friend's arm and caused a ton of trouble for everyone, despite hijack making no real effort to explain the situation, im going to kill zack

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Countblanc posted:

if isaac is painted as being in the wrong about confronting the guy who broke his friend's arm and caused a ton of trouble for everyone, despite hijack making no real effort to explain the situation, im going to kill zack

He's not being painted as being in the wrong. He's being painted as being a goober.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Countblanc posted:

FYI this isn't funny, it just makes you look like a loving psychopath.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Fortis posted:

Isaac is not supposed to be a role model. Do not threaten strangers with death.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean, in-story, yeah, it makes sense for Isaac to still think Hijack's bad, so him being a huge dork aside this is reasonable for him. (Edit: Well no, him running off to confront the enemy on his own is actually really unreasonable and foolish, but he's not in a good emotional place now. It's understandable is what I mean.) But we, being observers who know more than he does, don't (or at least shouldn't, you weirdo) want Hijack to die or lose here. Both because what's basically a child who got in over his head getting killed would be awful, but also because, as Lucifer just talked about one page ago, Hijack getting away is the best possible result for everyone. It'd help resolve things between Spender and Zarei, which is both good in and of itself and would presumably lead to more good things because of the potential teamwork and ways Zarei could help the main characters and whatnot. Conversely, him getting killed by the kids would push Zarei away from them and cause even more problems, which is bad, in addition to likely making her feel awful because she sent one of her friends/children/whatever to go and get killed.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 20, 2017

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That's assuming that they never find out about Zarai and Hijack. Hiding that and letting them resume their friendship seems like an invitation for disaster.

Also, thinking about it, Lucifer is surprisingly chatty when he was all about light blasting Forge in the face. I'm starting to think maybe Lucifer is better at lecturing then he is at giving good advice.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hypocrisy posted:

Also, thinking about it, Lucifer is surprisingly chatty when he was all about light blasting Forge in the face. I'm starting to think maybe Lucifer is better at lecturing then he is at giving good advice.

Well Lucifer maybe realises that 90% of the problems in this comic are caused by a lack of reasonable communication.

Ironic considering how speechifying everyone is.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everybody's talking nobody's listening

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fortis posted:

sorry friend

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The pro move for Hijack would be to ditch Spender right when Isaac throws the lightning, so Spender wakes up to a lightning bolt and Hijack can get away in the confusion.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that would actually own, but i don't think hijack is much of a combat tactician based on his strategy of "overwhelm people with raw strength". him tying up a very angry isaac seems most likely

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tollymain posted:

everybody's talking nobody's listening
internet.txt

Roland Jones posted:

Conversely, I'm pretty sure Hijack's about to try to restrain Isaac here; he's making a bunch of rope-like strands of energy, and besides fitting the puppeteer motif, the most obvious purpose of those is to, well, tie something up. And we know he can project his energy, so he could bind Isaac and then run off, making a getaway and incapacitating Isaac without hurting him.

These last few pages really shook this whole arc up, and now we're rooting for the "villain" against one of the protagonists. It's great.
I could see Hijack in the binding of Isaac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, Isaac is a baby with a big head, it all fits.