Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/446461592029630464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

NotWearingPants posted:

That's what people thought about W. Bush, but then the republicans went out and found someone even more stupid and retarded.

I'll be impressed if they can up it again.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HAVE A GOOD TIME!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Man this guy is so loving salty bout Obama huh. Is there anything to it besides racism?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

communism bitch posted:

Man this guy is so loving salty bout Obama huh. Is there anything to it besides racism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

Trump is immeasurably petty.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I know someone who interned for Cornyn for a while and she still shills for him to this day. It's p horrible to listen to

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Now that's a snipe. Bless!

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I dont get this... is non-corporate income supposed to be some sort of side job/hobby and then what is business income?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Madcosby posted:

I dont get this... is non-corporate income supposed to be some sort of side job/hobby and then what is business income?

Uber and Advocare of course!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
We

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So they have jobs, a corporate business and a non corporate business?

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Madcosby posted:

IIRC if you can create a passthrough business for your income you will be monetarily rewarded in the new tax scheme.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/amacker/status/943137742434766848?s=17

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kumo posted:

You mean this?

It's true, too.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/15/bernie-s/income-tax-rates-were-90-percent-under-eisenhower-/

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This is actually me. I'm against this tax cut even though I benefit from it by just about every angle

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jose posted:

these people are def going to go to prison for 20 years despite there only being like a single broken window. one of those on trial wasn't even at the protest

https://twitter.com/defendj20/status/942874525443788800

WTF, how is class action prosecution legal? Why not just line protesters up and machine gun them into a trench?

For any repubs reading that was a question, not a suggestion btw.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It’s probably too early to break out the It’s Happening gif right? I’m a little optimistic there’s a sea change coming and open rebellion in Congress is on the horizon.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

red19fire posted:

It’s probably too early to break out the It’s Happening gif right? I’m a little optimistic there’s a sea change coming and open rebellion in Congress is on the horizon.

Yeah, about 11 months from now

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Outrail posted:

WTF, how is class action prosecution legal? Why not just line protesters up and machine gun them into a trench?

idk but I was reading up on the trial this morning and getting really mad at the prosecution's arguments.

It isn't legal though and that's one of the defense's primary arguments. Like literally "uh this is blatantly unconstitutional and in violation of previous case law" but lol. The judge threw out the intent to incite a riot felony charge at least but they're still looking at quite a few years in prison. Probably not the decades that news is reporting but still the trial alone has hosed over many of them.

e: some real real dumbass arguments too like "this nurse was carrying a first aid kit and other medical gear that means they were expecting violence!" meanwhile of course you'd carry that with you at a protest lol. They literally asked her in a court of law why she brought gauze with her. Gee idk because your police are violent thugs maybe?

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 19, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/SenDonnelly/status/925838354456903680?s=17

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

withoutclass posted:

IIRC if you can create a passthrough business for your income you will be monetarily rewarded in the new tax scheme.

So, they’re advertising an exploitable loophole in their tax code ahead of time as a convenience to constituents?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pvt.Scott posted:

So, they’re advertising an exploitable loophole in their tax code ahead of time as a convenience to constituents?

One man's loophole and all

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Careful Drums posted:

This is actually me. I'm against this tax cut even though I benefit from it by just about every angle

Same, I have a pass through LLC and rental real estate but I hope this idiot poo poo fails somehow

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Why didn't they ask this line of questioning with Pruitt and the host of other idiots that oppose their agencies mission?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

communism bitch posted:

Has there ever been a President so disreputable, stupid, and ignorant as Trump?
I've just been thinking of lovely Presidents and even the worst of them could probably carry themselves with something like dignity and gravitas, and utter an intelligent remark that was worth remembering.
What the gently caress is history gong to make of Trump? Seriously?

Well today Rush said no president in history has ever accomplished more or done better in less time or faced more pushback than Trump as I screamed "Lincoln!" At my dashboard.

He then went on to tell me that the leftist deep state was conspiring against Trump in a giant orchestrated maneuver and in literally the next paragraph said that leftists were too stupid to have any agenda whatsoever.

So. Ymmv. But definitely Trump is beating all comers.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Thank you.

Thanks.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Outrail posted:

There is no such thing as class action prosecution. Class action lawsuits are limited to civil (that is non-criminal) actions and require a Court certification of class.

Criminal defendants are sometimes tried together, and it can be a tricky and perilous in practice. Here it doesn't look like the J20 defendants are being tried together in that way. The Government is doing something far more insidious, which is utilizing the Pinkerton liability rule & conspiracy statutes to argue that all 200 of them are guilty of the crimes alleged because they were in proximity or somehow related to the crimes that took place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_liability

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/NARAL/status/943183156974440449?s=17

not shocking this is the replacement word

This has Pence all over it

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
More than 100,000 people vow to protest if Trump fires Mueller
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/365438-more-than-100000-vow-to-protest-if-trump-fires-mueller

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah but they are basically saying that everyone present was in a conspiracy to commit violence because they wore black it's absurdity.

It's beyond absurd that the DOJ is going after these people but didn't do anything about the actual conspiracy to commit fraud in the Libor or the foreign exchange market DESPITE having smoking gun evidence in the form of emails and text messages among the conspirators AS WELL AS a memo from then Deputy AG Sally Yates stressing the importance of individual accountability in those crimes.

That's just madness right there I don't care what your political affiliation is. We're talking about a few smashed windows and cars versus billions of dollars in fraudulent activity. Mortgages, student loans, many many things rely on Libor so this affected pretty much everyone.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 19, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
e: oops edit is not quote

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

COMRADES posted:

Yeah but they are basically saying that everyone present was in a conspiracy to commit violence because they wore black it's absurdity.

Not just wearing black, but [url=https://theintercept.com/2017/12/17/j20-inauguration-protest-trump-riot-first-amendment/}"meeting at a predefined location, moving as a cohesive unit, and remaining in the streets after property destruction began, the entire group aided and abetted the tiny fraction who smashed windows and turned over trash bins."[/url]

It is both absurd and astoundingly unconstitutional in light of the first amendment. But it might hold up in court because juries can be lead around by their nose by a skilled prosecutor and courts are sometimes little more than conviction factories, hth.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cardassian justice!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Turned over trash cans??? Well poo poo!!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

if only they put this much energy into funding CHIP

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/943186952219758592?s=17

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kumo posted:

There is no such thing as class action prosecution. Class action lawsuits are limited to civil (that is non-criminal) actions and require a Court certification of class.

Criminal defendants are sometimes tried together, and it can be a tricky and perilous in practice. Here it doesn't look like the J20 defendants are being tried together in that way. The Government is doing something far more insidious, which is utilizing the Pinkerton liability rule & conspiracy statutes to argue that all 200 of them are guilty of the crimes alleged because they were in proximity or somehow related to the crimes that took place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_liability

IANAL, but what it sounds like you're saying is that there's no such thing as a 'class action prosecution' so therefore it can't be a class action prosecution, but what they are doing is 'classifying' them all in the same 'prosecution'.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol what the hell man. Why is the executive telling SCOTUS what to do.

e: wait aren't they mad about 'anchor babies' though

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Make that 100,001.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Think of the big picture. If they can convict you for life for protesting, and built the wall, we'll all just be considered enemies of the state and are locked into the US of A, and we'll all be forced to accept prison wage to build amazon bots. The rich super patriot prison industry pulls off the ultimate win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

mono posted:

Can someone take my idea and make a Chrome add-on that does this automatically? Why not done?

fix your font-rendering