Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Lote posted:

Why is this guy terrible?

Republicans despise the idea of government while an important gear inside that machine, so it's like an autoimmune thing. Let's destroy this system by appointing a NASCAR champion to the NTSB. Take it apart from the inside, the success so far of this asstrap is bewildering.

Be Healed. Imagine the best person you know singing this to you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWhMyOs0pCQ

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Begging for money from sinners is the only state-approved method for self enrichment.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Lote posted:

Why is this guy terrible?

he wants to destroy the org he was appointed to lead and it turns out republicans aren't all on board with that

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Spangly A posted:

This is the site I was using and, provided it is correct that the standard deduction for a married couple will be $24k and children are $2k each, then the median American family with two children do not pay federal taxes

I'm trying to make sense of this and I can't get round it, this is absurd. No wonder it costs a trillion dollars if the only people you tax are single, childless and poor

bonus; this is one hell of a penalty for having more than two kids. Quick check of a 2015 pew article says that includes 51% hispanic families, 40% black families, 34% white families, unless tax credits count to a rebate? I'm not sure

Single black woman with no kids earns $30k a year less than our median married white family and pays $1400 more in federal taxes

how do you make a loving tax bill this racist and WASPy, my brain is melting

any excuse to post The Absolute Boy on loving up rich people and tax cuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ImmRBkoLi4

Ha ha, okay, if a democratic congress and president do nothing about this there need to be corpses hanging from gilded lamp posts.

gently caress it there ought to be corpses now.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 19, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Office Pig posted:

Ha ha, okay, if a democratic congress and president do nothing about this there need to be corpses hanging from gilded lamp posts.

"reversing the trump tax increases on the middle class" is perhaps the politically easiest way to raise taxes that I've ever heard of so i would be very surprised if they didn't.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I would be pretty cool with paying more in taxes if it meant the average american made a livable wage, had health care and education.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

KickerOfMice posted:

Republicans despise the idea of government while an important gear inside that machine, so it's like an autoimmune thing. Let's destroy this system by appointing a NASCAR champion to the NTSB. Take it apart from the inside, the success so far of this asstrap is bewildering.

Be Healed.

Eh, a NASCAR champ would probably care a whole hell of a lot more about safety than anyone Trump would pick.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Looking at the Robo-Trump it looks very self aware. It has the look of a robot that knows it's life is utterly meaningless and will just start randomly quoting Nietzsche for no reason while people pass by.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

KickerOfMice posted:

Be Healed. Imagine the best person you know singing this to you!

I can think of a NASCAR champ I'd like to see in government

https://twitter.com/HuntingtonDSA/status/912324851163127809

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

#Yallidarity

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TheScott2K posted:

I can think of a NASCAR champ I'd like to see in government

https://twitter.com/HuntingtonDSA/status/912324851163127809

His son definitely showed a little wokeness wrt kneeling for the anthem.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

That Italian Guy posted:

Wasn't the NSS publishing something about lowering the standards for a preemptive attack (with or without nukes) to include this kind of stuff just a few days ago?

Holy poo poo. Is this Trump's WMD excuse?

Oh my god, nothing is going to come from this

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Willo567 posted:

Oh my god, nothing is going to come from this

You really are the Covok of North Korea.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Pakled posted:

I think what happened was Comey, almost certainly after being specifically asked by Trump, repeatedly told him he was not personally under investigation, but rather, his campaign was, and Trump repeatedly heralded the first half the statement publicly as a sign that he was totally in the clear, and also kept asking because he was hoping that doing so might magically change the answer.

more like comey was being evasive and calculated in his response. Get trump off his back by giving him technically correct answer that trump wasnt personally under investigation....yet

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
According to http://taxplancalculator.com/calc I'll save $3,284. I don't need a loving tax cut.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I save $1,200 but end up just paying the difference in Canadian taxes I think.

Good :colbert: Canada deserves my money more.

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

moostaffa posted:

According to http://taxplancalculator.com/calc I'll save $3,284. I don't need a loving tax cut.

Wow, a whole $443.00 savings a year. Gee, thanks President Turmp!

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

moostaffa posted:

I save a mere $1,000 because I don't have kids, but gently caress that poo poo. I'm fine with the taxes I pay. Those Scrooge McDuck fuckers that make more in an hour than I'll make in my entire career need to pay more.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
My wife and I will save a decent amount, but we also don't need to.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

BootStrap posted:

Wow, a whole $443.00 savings a year. Gee, thanks President Turmp!

Scipiotik posted:

I will save a decent amount, but I also don't need to.

Wait for the minimum wage job that the billionaires will create for you. Oh you already work? I guess we didn't think about that. JOB CREATERS.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
Meanwhile, this really has got to sting
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/943186187602333696

quote:

The brokerage firm, a subsidiary of Bank of America Corp., should have collected $475 million in additional margin or deducted $362 million of its own capital to cover the risk of a possible customer default on certain bond and equity trades, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority said in an order announcing the settlement.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I'd get about $1100 or 3/4 of a paycheck in savings.

Not worth it since that amount isn't going to cover the increased costs of, well, everything they're gutting to pay for it.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
My taxes will go up by about $2k because of the SALT cap. I’d be fine with it if it wasn’t going to corporations and rich loving senators.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

"reversing the trump tax increases on the middle class" is perhaps the politically easiest way to raise taxes that I've ever heard of so i would be very surprised if they didn't.

It is, and it should be, but leading up to senate passage was some incredibly talk out of the democratic camp. There was Manchin and Schumer’s garbage about bipartisan bill-crafting, but that’s less cause for concern than Duckworth and Jones coming out front in favor of lowering corporate rates. Rhetoric doesn’t necessarily correlate with action but neither is action necessarily detached from earlier rhetoric. Imagine less that nothing changes but rather what is done is tantamount to, ultimately, another austerity measure seemingly less so by comparison to what the Republicans are ramming through.

This doesn’t even touch upon my belief about what should be done after this passes. What this bill does is so barbaric that merely recovering from the effects require more than a return to the status quo.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

moostaffa posted:

looks like between 1200-3000/yr for me, once tuition stops being a thing for my wife.

We do not need a tax cut. We do not want a tax cut.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'll save $1400 and also my mom will probably die when the healthcare system collapses. Gee, thanks fellas!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

evilweasel posted:

nah, he's just following the manchin route: he's from a deep red state and the way to get re-elected is to be loudly republican where it will help in the state (which is why nobody bit on obamacare repeal and the current tax nonsense, which nobody likes) and doesn't matter and quietly democratic where it does. in other news, manchin is looking reasonably likely to get re-elected in loving west virginia.

Dems desperately need to end up with 52+ Senators if Manchin gets reelected because while he does vote Democratic on some things he definitely wants to be seen as a person who reaches across the aisle and the GOP would definitely bribe him for things they want/need to pass.

I'll take him over any Republican but he'll be another Lieberman if his vote can make or break things for Dems.

evilweasel posted:

It's the Democrats so they'll probably try to frame it as "we're going to reverse the Trump tax cuts, vote for us in 2018 and 2020!"

If the Democrats can improve their messaging even half as much as they've recently improved their ground game (VA and now AL) then maybe they'll craft a proper "Trump and the GOP raised taxes on tens of millions of hard working Americans so that they could give that money to their lazy rich friends" message though.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Wow, Donald. Now I can realize my dream of paying off all my thousands of dollars in college loans with the $907 you just saved me!

gently caress off.`

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

here we go again

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/943186952219758592?s=17

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Jealous Cow posted:

My taxes will go up by about $2k because of the SALT cap. I’d be fine with it if it wasn’t going to corporations and rich loving senators.

It's not like they settled sexual assault suits with your money. I mean, who could resist this hot piece of rear end?

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
Thanks for the $8k a year I absolutely don’t need. Would blow it doing things Republicans hate but I don’t think I can smoke that much weed in a year.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium
According to that calculator we'll save like 5-6K.

Sorry, I'm a Republican now I guess, FYGM

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
$1,100, oh loving boy. I'd much rather that go to social services and healthcare, you goddamn ghouls.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Dems desperately need to end up with 52+ Senators if Manchin gets reelected because while he does vote Democratic on some things he definitely wants to be seen as a person who reaches across the aisle and the GOP would definitely bribe him for things they want/need to pass.

I'll take him over any Republican but he'll be another Lieberman if his vote can make or break things for Dems.

It's the Democrats so they'll probably try to frame it as "we're going to reverse the Trump tax cuts, vote for us in 2018 and 2020!"

If the Democrats can improve their messaging even half as much as they've recently improved their ground game (VA and now AL) then maybe they'll craft a proper "Trump and the GOP raised taxes on tens of millions of hard working Americans so that they could give that money to their lazy rich friends" message though.

It’s funny that everyone in this thread including me seem to be getting a tax break, no matter how small. I’d like to see the cases where this is not true.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium
The point is those are going to phase out quickly

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

hanales posted:

It’s funny that everyone in this thread including me seem to be getting a tax break, no matter how small. I’d like to see the cases where this is not true.

It's designed to do that... for two years. Then all those posters probably get hosed.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

there's only 2.1 million farms in the united states so even if every single one had a cat it wouldn't be "a huge number" of cats, relatively speaking. even if every single one had two cats it wouldn't be.

this was years ago but my mom grew up on a farm and it was more like, a hundred barn cats

not every farm has triple digit cats but once you have a semiferal cat colony it ends up being a substantial population of low maintenance inbred murderers

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Scipiotik posted:

My wife and I will save a decent amount, but we also don't need to.

Same. My tax savings could have given like 10 kids CHIP.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

GOP SUPPORTS ANCHOR BABIES!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh boy I save 1200 bucks a year, I'm sure that 100 dollars a month will help me out way more than any kind of tax funded infrastructure or social service would benefit people.

• Locked thread