Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I play exclusively as Morton on that motorcycle with the jet turbine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I loved the light grey Shy Guy until my 5 year old pointed out he was pink. So then I loved the pink Shy Guy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I used koopa troopa in SNES but when he didn't return in 64 I became a Peach main.
I've remained a peach main until MK8. Now I split my time pretty much evenly between Peach, Inkling Girl, and Larry

I use the stock dirtbike.

edit: peach/daisy combo in DD and occasional daisy when I need to be really annoying "Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy "

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If you asked me three years ago I would have been all over Catherine on Vita. Now what is even the point? Bring it over to Switch, ya mooks.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Target had xenoblade 2 mistakenly labeled as disgaea 5 on sale, so I got it for 33% off! :woop:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

THE loving MOON posted:

Target had xenoblade 2 mistakenly labeled as disgaea 5 on sale, so I got it for 33% off! :woop:
All Anime Looks The Same

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

THE loving MOON posted:

You got fleeced.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You got fleeced.

Oh noooooo

I liked XBCX enough to play it twice, complaints aside. I think I'll be alright.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh noooooo

I liked XBCX enough to play it twice, complaints aside. I think I'll be alright.

It's a good game, with issues.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Bloop posted:

I used koopa troopa in SNES but when he didn't return in 64 I became a Peach main.
I've remained a peach main until MK8. Now I split my time pretty much evenly between Peach, Inkling Girl, and Larry

I use the stock dirtbike.

edit: peach/daisy combo in DD and occasional daisy when I need to be really annoying "Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy "

I play as my Mii since I’m boring and I get a kick out of a little cartoon version of myself in the Mario world.:unsmith:

Before Miis, I liked to play as Yoshi and/or Wario.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's a good game, with issues.

The issues: anime tiddies

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Issue 1: Anime Tiddies
Issue 2: not enough of them

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The issues: anime tiddies

I was talking about the map.

It's bad, insanely so.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Has anyone gotten to try BrawlOut on the Switch. Have to wonder how runs / runs online.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's bad, insanely so.

That sucks. It was pretty decent in XBCX. Didn't handle elevation mapping as well as botw though

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

deadly_pudding posted:

I play exclusively as Morton on that motorcycle with the jet turbine.

Morton 4 life

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

japtor posted:

Also what’s the most Smash TV like in terms of uh...arcadeyness? Like simpler and more manic from the start and just progress and keep killing things without stopping for whatever upgrade mechanics outside of new weapon drops.

Probably Crimsonland

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Chill Penguin posted:

Black Shy Guy user checking in

I prefer to call him Shy Black Guy

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
RL already getting a sale, and most of the DLC is as well:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/943179632991387648
I picked up the Batmobile and the Supersonic Fury Pack, if anyone wants recommendations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's bad, insanely so.

Agreed, not enough anime tiddies on the map

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Manky posted:

RL already getting a sale, and most of the DLC is as well:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/943179632991387648
I picked up the Batmobile and the Supersonic Fury Pack, if anyone wants recommendations.

Was waiting for the physical version but can’t really say no to $15.:eyepop:

Is there somewhere that lists all the DLC?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

Was waiting for the physical version but can’t really say no to $15.:eyepop:

Is there somewhere that lists all the DLC?

For some reason it still isn't showing the discount for me in a browser, but I verified the discounts are live if you go to the Switch eShop. But yeah, this should list it all, albeit you can't tell which is on discount: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rocket-league-switch#add-on-content

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Manky posted:

For some reason it still isn't showing the discount for me in a browser, but I verified the discounts are live if you go to the Switch eShop. But yeah, this should list it all, albeit you can't tell which is on discount: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rocket-league-switch#add-on-content

Can you earn a bunch of cars/colors/etc. in-game or is that mostly for DLC?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Ah man, Rocket League needs some Ken Block love.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can you earn a bunch of cars/colors/etc. in-game or is that mostly for DLC?

Yep, there's 4 car bodies you start with and you unlock 6 from regular play. (That might be 5 and 7 with the Switch exclusives, come to think of it.) And there are, I think, a hundred+ of items that drop normally, covering antennae, toppers, boosts, decals, banners, wheels, goal explosions... A lot of stuff.

To get deeper in it there are car bodies and items only found in crates - boo! - but there are ways to get them without paying to open totally-not-gambling-boxes; trading with other players, basically. The current holiday event also lets you trade snowflakes for decryptors, a free way to open loot crates.

Anything found in DLC, though, is only in that DLC. You can see people using the stuff but are locked out of it.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I assume the answer is not but does it share account details with the PC version (as in unlocked stuff)?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Manky posted:

Yep, there's 4 car bodies you start with and you unlock 6 from regular play. (That might be 5 and 7 with the Switch exclusives, come to think of it.) And there are, I think, a hundred+ of items that drop normally, covering antennae, toppers, boosts, decals, banners, wheels, goal explosions... A lot of stuff.

To get deeper in it there are car bodies and items only found in crates - boo! - but there are ways to get them without paying to open totally-not-gambling-boxes; trading with other players, basically. The current holiday event also lets you trade snowflakes for decryptors, a free way to open loot crates.

Anything found in DLC, though, is only in that DLC. You can see people using the stuff but are locked out of it.

I will once again say that I am not ashamed to spend about $50 a year on crate keys because Psyonix pushes tons of free content out. Case in point the holiday themed stuff.

gmq posted:

I assume the answer is not but does it share account details with the PC version (as in unlocked stuff)?

It does not. But there is cross platform play.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

gmq posted:

You are right, Psyonix has said their various agreements with the platforms makes this impossible. Definitely sad 'cause I have a lot of neat stuff on steam.

Oh and to just add on to DLC and crate stuff: yeah, it is all cosmetic, and different cars are not really better than others. The only differences between car bodies are their hit boxes and turning radii, so it's all about getting a feel for what you like and going for fresh styles.

e: didn't see this before but

Beastie posted:

I will once again say that I am not ashamed to spend about $50 a year on crate keys because Psyonix pushes tons of free content out. Case in point the holiday themed stuff.
:ssh: me too. The new free modes they add are dope and although I'm a little bummed out at how they've standardized arenas, they keep adding cool new ones. And yeah, it's just outstanding how alive the game is for being a two-year-old, multiplayer-only indie title. Some of the crates are pretty rad, too.

Manky fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 19, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
If BOTW had gotten a more critical response we would have seen "Y'all are wrong for hating the game and here's why" articles but since it got pretty widespread adoration I guess that means we get these flip-side "Y'all are wrong for loving the game and here's why" pieces instead.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

If BOTW had gotten a more critical response we would have seen "Y'all are wrong for hating the game and here's why" articles but since it got pretty widespread adoration I guess that means we get these flip-side "Y'all are wrong for loving the game and here's why" pieces instead.

All the author does is point out the climbing is different from rear end Creed and the stamina is different from Nioh.

They seem to miss it entirely. It's like they didn't even understand that the game was going for a wild adventure into the open unknown.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's bad, insanely so.

The map system is supposedly getting some attention in a coming patch. Hopefully it turns out well cause I'm putting the game on the back burner until it drops.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Beastie posted:

All the author does is point out the climbing is different from rear end Creed and the stamina is different from Nioh.

They seem to miss it entirely. It's like they didn't even understand that the game was going for a wild adventure into the open unknown.
Some people can't function without instruction.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

"Overrated" is the absolute most meaningless criticism that can be levied against a game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Why are y'all getting mad about some dude on a wordpress blog?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Can't say that BrawlOut makes a very good first impression in the tutorial. They advertise no grabs, then put you up against a guy that's all grabs. Also the controls are just a bit too precise and make me think Smash Bros kind of guesses what you're trying to do. Recovery's kind of a fucker in BrawlOut so far.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I've heard basically no good things about Brawlout honestly . Sounds like Smash without the soul

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Ocarina of Time is extremely overrated because: there's a fairy that tells you things
bahaha

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

goferchan posted:

I've heard basically no good things about Brawlout honestly . Sounds like Smash without the soul

I feel like if it wasn't quite so snappy it'd be more fitting with expectations. Charging smashes is also really finicky, which is throwing me off.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

goferchan posted:

So, tournament smash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

THE loving MOON posted:

That sucks. It was pretty decent in XBCX. Didn't handle elevation mapping as well as botw though

It's being patched to resolve some of those issues soon, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• Locked thread