Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

This encapsulates Star Citizen for me in a way I doubt the OP could ever understand or recognize. It's got everything:

• The pointless joke run into the ground as the only bit of content
  • The huge, empty, ill-advised planet
  • The wonky physics, with the Big Benny's machine jittering all over the place
  • The hilariously overwrought mocap of the guy doing his dumb victory dance
  • The inability of commandos to affect change on anything (look at his feet in relation to the vending machine)

It's all just so perfect.

This should be in the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Crytek has employed a legendary Wall Street law firm to pursue damages against the developers of perpetually-delayed space-sim Star Citizen.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

FailureToReport posted:

Yeah it's a really lovely situation.
Now the surgery is looking to be around $1800 to fix her leg, and even after that they are saying she might not fully recover.

I don't know if this will make you feel better at all, but I adopted a cat from a shelter who was in a pretty bad way when they scraped him off the street. Broken pelvis, broken leg, and one of his ribs broken and bent outwards. He had some internal damage too, his bladder is all scarred up and maybe he lost some kidney function. But now he just walks a little funny, and his rib never healed flat so you can feel it poking out sometimes when you stroke him, and when he gets snuggles he likes to put his bad leg up and over and lean it on things. He is the happiest cat, doesn't seem to be in any pain, and is living a full life. He doesn't care that he isn't perfect any more and neither do I. I hope your catte heals up well enough!

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

I think "I want to forget about Star Citizen" is about as dark a thread title as we would ever need. It really projected the despair of a shattered dream.

It always made me smile and then filled me with loathing for my own childlike anticipation that I no longer feel

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cabbagehead is a brokebrain from neogaf that's one of those unwitting shills that continue to fight the good fight because they got invited to the studio and made feel special.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

There's more chance they'll play a few SQ42 videos and then sadly confirm they've had to cancel it.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Just got to the bit where Jeffery is no longer with us :(

Hope his family is coping and that he is at peace, rip. :(

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Good news, Disney will happily take your $1200 and give you Battlefront 3 some time in 2018.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/943201452494815234

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:gary:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Eww I clicked a Breitbart link. I feel dirty even though I didn't read it but at least I can take solace that the worst citizens will be annoyed when they see this in their subscribed feeds

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Perpetually delayed space sim is pretty good though

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Yikes! Sorry to hear about that. As a pet owner myself, who has had to pay for crazy high pet bills (in the thousands) - even with pet insurance - I can relate.
It most have cost a fortune to put Legal through law school.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
Broken kitties, dearly departed YouTuber cool-guys, and scumbag incel shitlord citizens.

Can we please lighten the place up a bit?

Sandi fat.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

thatguy posted:

It most have cost a fortune to put Legal through law school.

He may not have passed the bar but at least he brought it back every time we threw it

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Please call your parents they love you.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

zcrow posted:

Broken kitties, dearly departed YouTuber cool-guys, and scumbag incel shitlord citizens.

Can we please lighten the place up a bit?

Sandi fat.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

Wait just a little bit longer, Titanic. You might be able to scoop up the whole grey market and then when they turn on 1000 battles you’ll have the most fearsome fleet in the ‘Verse...

Not sure I can resist much longer! All these bitcoins are burning holes in my purse just dying to be spent on video game fidelity cruisers! :homebrew:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Thoatse posted:

Eww I clicked a Breitbart link. I feel dirty even though I didn't read it but at least I can take solace that the worst citizens will be annoyed when they see this in their subscribed feeds

Recent reddit posts suggest that this is an article at least that they'll be exposed to.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

no_recall posted:

One last one before the year ends.

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

All guesses / prizes / donations will be taken in before Thursday.

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!

$4.1m

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Dusty Lens posted:

If the next page is about puppers with bone cancer diagnosed just a little too late for treatment to be certain but still a possible but extremely expensive chance to take I'm going to start a fight.

Not a dog, but I did have to put down my 18 yr old cat from that.

Found it too late to save his leg, but late stage renal failure, and several secondary infections meant he was unlikely to survive the surgery.

Its not like losing a dad or something, but its still rough to lose someone you witnessed being born, and had with you for all that time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Recent reddit posts suggest that this is an article at least that they'll be exposed to.

There's a much higher ratio of SC defenders in that comment section which is about as surprising as the sun rising in the east tomorrow.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

BluesShaman posted:

This is a good post.

What really killed Star Citizen was Christ Roberts who lacked the project management skills needed to make it happen.

*emperor palpetine voice*

And it was his stupid faith in himself and his inability to estimate a project timeline that landed him in legal trouble.

*fingertip lightening into some wheelchair bound kid on space court*

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

I am feeling a great deal of... Skaddenfreude

Pages old but this is glorious

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

I just did my first eggnog. For a non American such as moi I must say it was really tasty.

- Mix 4 egg yolks and some sugar to taste
- Add in half liter of milk and a quarter of double cream and mix
- Put in the stove at slow/mid fire until around 80C, or whenever putting a finger almost burns
- Mix in some grounded nutmeg and decent bourbon to taste (reserve a portion without bourbon for the little ones)
- Cool down to room temp, then fridge

- Whip egg whites and sugar to taste to almost meringue texture
- Mix low level meringue with eggnog stuff above

- sprinkle some more nutmeg on top and top up or not with more bourbon

Enjoy

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 19, 2017

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I do believe they complain way too much. Star Citizen is a marvel of new standards, set in enthralling imagery with CIG explaining on a weekly basis what they are doing with this magnificent new game. Input from subscribers is taken seriously while Chris Roberts maintains a standard that other game manufacturers envy and would like removed because it is just way too good and makes their efforts look strictly 'Atari' in comparison. People can see exactly what is happening to that visually enthralling game with constant updates. Envy is truly a bad thing. Star Citizen will force other Game doers to increase their standards or fall to the wayside. It is that GOOD..
Star Citizen ATV Anniversary Edition - Latest Sample - http://bit.ly/2ColmPc

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

starm citizen bad; dumb

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Solarin posted:

starm citizen bad; dumb

Mods???

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
That's a comment on the Breitbart article btw, did you ever see a more obvious paid shill than that

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Thoatse posted:

Pages old but this is glorious

That should have made thread title

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Jeffrey McArthur passed away on Friday in Exton PA, aged 61.

An avid gamer and geek through and through, Jeffrey was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer in December 2015 and came to our attention early in 2016 when he made a video asking if he "was too stupid to play Star Citizen", which resulted in him facing abuse from some of the more toxic members of the SC fanbase.

After undergoing surgery and chemotherapy, a CT scan in July 2016 showed his cancer to be gone, and he continued working and making many videos on his hobbies, gaming, computers, and Dungeons & Dragons.

In August this year, another CT scan showed his colon cancer had returned and spread, eventually metastasizing to his stomach. With a prognosis of only a 50% chance of surviving to the end of the year, Jeffrey decided not to undergo chemotherapy again, chosing to enjoy what time he had left to live without suffering the side effects that chemo had on his senses.

Jeffrey faced his death with immense grace and dignity, and I am very grateful to him for sharing his story with us along the way.

Rest in peace, Jeffrey.

Jeffrey's tribute to his late wife Jeannine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VmFNM97DRs

Jeffrey's video about the cancer returning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBhQe_qSavI

Jeffrey's last video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYWQ86QQ-0Q

Shine on, friend.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Hobold posted:

Not a dog, but I did have to put down my 18 yr old cat from that.

Found it too late to save his leg, but late stage renal failure, and several secondary infections meant he was unlikely to survive the surgery.

Its not like losing a dad or something, but its still rough to lose someone you witnessed being born, and had with you for all that time.

It's a loss that's difficult to communicate with persons who are unfamiliar with the strength of the bond, the lack of a lifelong presence and the complex feelings of responsibility and gratitude that emerge.

But dwelling on the subject is tremendously sad.

I'm glad we have the other discussion going on, that of people who lost their families to invest in a SC fleet to cash out in the grey market coming to terms with lessons that may have been somewhat apparent from the outset. What a gas.

e; Oh wait no the other discussion is even more demanding in its demand for reflection on family, connections and the values we place in life. Oh no.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

That's a comment on the Breitbart article btw, did you ever see a more obvious paid shill than that
I don't know if they're paid shills or "vested interest cultists" but given CIG has no shame and neither do they I guess there's no difference?

And no. poo poo reads like machine made amazon fake reviews turned up to 11.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Zzr posted:

We don't want late faithfulls nor refundians here. Keep sinking.

Are you saying I need to buy acceptance now?

What if I just create an alt account (something undercover like smart_D) and pretend I’ve always been a faithful servant of Chris Roberts and the most holy product that will allow me to never need to buy another game ever again for all eternity (except more jpegs, which must never be stopped or staunched)?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

poo poo reads like machine made amazon fake reviews turned up to 11.
That's the same vibe I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm the fabricated art work instead of a real in game screen shot