Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol the collectors edition is down to $100 from $250

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Tylana posted:

Man. Why are all the pretty armours Mobility?

EDIT : Also, just found out they put the nightfall type modifiers in the Mercury Heroic missions... but the heroic strikes are still just bigger numbers? Not even a second shield colour turning up?

I'm just happy that hunters didn't get super shafted this time, the mercury set and the dawning set are both recovery!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Tylana posted:

Man. Why are all the pretty armours Mobility?

EDIT : Also, just found out they put the nightfall type modifiers in the Mercury Heroic missions... but the heroic strikes are still just bigger numbers? Not even a second shield colour turning up?

I love the look of Khepri's Horn and it's got Zero Mobility. My mobility is 2, while I've been able to balance my Resilience and Recovery at 6 and 5. Not being able to wear more than one exotic is annoying. I want to wear both the Horn and Aeon Safe gauntlets

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

I'm just happy that hunters didn't get super shafted this time, the mercury set and the dawning set are both recovery!

Hunters did get the shaft tho, have you seen those armors? Hideous.

Already deleted a full Dawning set because lol.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Masterworks armor supposedly will allow you to change armor stats

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Masterworks armor supposedly will allow you to change armor stats

Oh well this is a decent Bungie lol tier compromise

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I loving hope so.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

cvnvcnv posted:

Already deleted a full Dawning set because lol.

how much did you spend

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Colony is hilarious in mayhem.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Legs Benedict posted:

how much did you spend

$10 (had a couple left over for a spare engram), got both Sparrows and a lot of Dust hahaha

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[McBain Voice] The family that plays together....gets slayed together

https://i.imgur.com/TAe0jVC.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
also holy gently caress a range masterwork Antiope still wrecks poo poo in mayhem

mayhem is actually kinda fun, but it's not exactly gonna have staying power

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

mayhem is actually kinda fun, but it's not exactly gonna have staying power

just like in d1, imo

i like mayhem a lot but it's not the kind of thing i want to play all the time forever

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Played the raid lair for the first time last night. That's some fun poo poo. The boss fight is real gud robot killin' and the encounter itself isn't frustrating team-wipe synchronized swimming.

It also goes without saying that the environments in the lair are gorgeous.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PathAsc posted:

-the Rippin and the tearin

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mikey-San posted:

Played the raid lair for the first time last night. That's some fun poo poo. The boss fight is real gud robot killin' and the encounter itself isn't frustrating team-wipe synchronized swimming.

It also goes without saying that the environments in the lair are gorgeous.

What strategy did you use?

I've done about 3 hours of Attempted Argos Killin' and would describe every second of it as frustrating team-wipe synchronized swimming.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lmao mayhem hits the Defender shield throw cooldown you can just loving spam shields

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What strategy did you use?

I've done about 3 hours of Attempted Argos Killin' and would describe every second of it as frustrating team-wipe synchronized swimming.

We did the whole two barrier-dps phases after we learned that you can predict the second set of orbs from the first set (Arc -> Void -> Solar, same as the room in a clockwise order). First team charges skulls for the first set of barriers, second team charges for the next set of barriers. After the first barrier phase, first team goes to charge skulls at the new platform, second team goes to retrieve the skulls they initially charged.

A few tips: sustained damage is the key to stopping his wipe-mechanic, I was using actium war rig and sweet business. Also you don't have to kill two of the same body-part, sometimes it's easier to just do two of whatever side. And don't cook skulls that you can't use, there can only be 6 skulls at a time, cooked or uncooked, so you might gently caress up a spawn.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

cvnvcnv posted:

But this is me realizing I still have one of my favorite clips!
https://i.imgur.com/Ux2lKvj.gifv

What weapon is this? Looks badass (I like lightning weapons, such as riskrunner)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I was somehow not having fun in mayhem... And the i realized it was everything D2 pvp was not. So i stopped running devour lock and started spamming the slowroll nova and oh my god it wipes teams and you get another so fast

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

mitztronic posted:

What weapon is this? Looks badass (I like lightning weapons, such as riskrunner)

https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/1744115122

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Aw, drat. Don't think I'll ever even be able to really do a normal raid due to the time commitment, much less a prestige.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

normal raid takes like an hour and a half with people who are experienced, and lots of goons are experienced

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

"Spreading Holiday Cheer" milestone to play Mayhem, is that all it is? What does it reward, a Dawning engram? I don't want to miss the questline that rewards the sword but I ain't trying to get in on Garbage Time.

Also, lmao@how worthless Sagira shell is. Looks fantastic tho!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

mitztronic posted:

Aw, drat. Don't think I'll ever even be able to really do a normal raid due to the time commitment, much less a prestige.

The Prestige raid portion is only for the ornament

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

"Spreading Holiday Cheer" milestone to play Mayhem, is that all it is? What does it reward, a Dawning engram? I don't want to miss the questline that rewards the sword but I ain't trying to get in on Garbage Time.

Also, lmao@how worthless Sagira shell is. Looks fantastic tho!

Dawning Sword? What? Say more.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Norns posted:

The Prestige raid portion is only for the ornament

quote:

normal raid takes like an hour and a half with people who are experienced, and lots of goons are experienced

Alrighty then, sounds like I just need to trick some goons on discord to let me into a normal mode raid sometime.

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 20, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dawning Sword? What? Say more.

Well, I went to Yt for a link showing it but then there was this with 40 something views lol https://youtu.be/iXDqW64iKJg

Apparently it comes from the daily NPC gift quest. Answered my own question there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol, god drat that emote loving works.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Agreed, that gif alone is worth getting the emote for actual $$.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the perfect present for hawthorne

cat bird drugs

also the new shaders don't stack if they come from different activities (so that shaders from eververse will shred into dust, and those earned in game will drop legendary shards) . According to Bungie twitter, there are four shaders, which means you could lose up to 8 slots of your already overloaded shader inventory.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The eververse monetization guys are terrible and should be socially and professionally shunned, but the inventory guys are evil and should be purified with holy water and flame

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
well, mayhem clearly owns

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The eververse monetization guys are terrible and should be socially and professionally shunned, but the inventory guys are evil and should be purified with holy water and flame

Yep yep yep

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

cvnvcnv posted:

Mic Drop emote, both Dawning Sparrows (and the good one with instant summon, first time on an Exotic for me), MW Nameless Midnight from Zavala... p.rad day for loot.

Yep yep yep

So you bought Dawning engrams and it gave you mic drop?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So... I just got one of these

https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/468276817-nature-of-the-beast

Time to try out the new lucky pants

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Mayhem is closer to what the crucible should be rather than the gunplay bullshit they served us.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

So you bought Dawning engrams and it gave you mic drop?

No, that was from one of my Well-Rested Brights. I think I've spent maybe $50 in D2 Eververse total, including $10 today.

I'm okay to be part of the problem!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

No, that was from one of my Well-Rested Brights. I think I've spent maybe $50 in D2 Eververse total, including $10 today.

I'm okay to be part of the problem!

So you've spent 250 dollars on this now? Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sentinel + saint-14 + tractor cannon is my pro-tier mayhem loadout