Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
The worst school lunch I had, health-wise, was one humdinger of a carbfest at a Korean public school:

Garlic bread (sugar on top, of course)
Pizza
Spaghetti in a cream sauce
Hot ham water (literally; hot dogs cut up and cooked in water, then served like soup)
Rice
Kimchi
Sugary yogurts
Ice cream bars

It was gross as gently caress.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 17:59 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The worst school lunch I had, health-wise, was one humdinger of a carbfest at a Korean public school:

Pizza
Hot ham water (literally; hot dogs cut up and cooked in water, then served like soup)
Rice
Kimchi
Sugary yogurts
Ice cream bars

I'd be all over the rice and kimchi, but I'd dump the rest. Interestingly, I mean, there must be some weird-rear end logic to this menu. I mean you don't go and make this crap if there isn't some sort of a majority of the kids there that actually eat, and probably enjoy this stuff, or it would be a huge waste of resources.

Hot dog soup though, nope.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/ypvNzXe.mp4

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Pizza
Rice
Kimchi
Sugary yogurts
Ice cream bars

If we're going for an unhealthy lunch that doesn't hold a candle to what "breakfast for lunch" became at my high school. For some reason they moved from pancakes and sausage to funnel cakes and sausage. There was also a fruit, vegetable, and dessert as options. Most plates ended up as a funnel cake covered with syrup and powdered sugar, greasy sausage, chocolate pudding, fruit cup, skip the boiled veggies, and a carton of lemon drink or chocolate milk.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Yes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's just a fancy hot pocket, so of course I would

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Pretty sure that's an extended ad to sell skull baking trays

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Pretty sure that's an extended ad to sell skull baking trays

Well, it loving worked.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

That's just a fancy hot pocket, so of course I would

I also like Hot Pockets

:randstare:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

YES!
Bonebroz and Pizzabroz, we at it again!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Calbones.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:randpop:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nobody is dumb enough to pay for two smilies based on my avatar, alas.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Yeah, the trays are a bit demoralizing.
Eh with the lentils you can kinda squint and pretend it's a thali.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well, it loving worked.

I was going to buy one to make those for Halloween work pot luck till I saw the price. For $50 they can go gently caress their self.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Randaconda posted:

Nobody is dumb enough to pay for two smilies based on my avatar, alas.

Plenty of us are dumb enough (I'd use it) but that's a bit beyond the frivolous shitpurchase budget right now alas

edit: speling

The Bloop has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Dec 19, 2017

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Pizza
Rice
Kimchi
Sugary yogurts
Ice cream bars

The worst I've heard of was when my cousin was an exchange student in a US highschool. He told me they had "deep fried friday" like twice a month when pretty much anything was deep fried. Sounded awesome when I was a teenager but pretty loving horrific thinking back on it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

Plenty of us are dumb enough (I'd use it) but that's a bit beyond the frivolous shitpurcase budget right now alas

same :negative:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Edit: Wrong thread

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

At work they had the daily soup menu up and it read:

Split pea
And
Ham soup

And I thought it was for 2 different specials and I declared ham soup to be the funniest and saddest soup ever conceived. I was made fun of for a bit after realizing it was one soup. We then had a discussion on whether ham soup would be a cream of ham or ham stock with only ham chunks, no veggies.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Plenty of us are dumb enough (I'd use it) but that's a bit beyond the frivolous shitpurchase budget right now alas

edit: speling

Yeah my wife got a little, uh, silent for 2 days when she found out what that $30 charge was for.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah my wife got a little, uh, silent for 2 days when she found out what that $30 charge was for.

To be fair to your wife, isn't she pregnant?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Randaconda posted:

To be fair to your wife, isn't she pregnant?

And thus, is a sandwich

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Yawgmoth posted:

And thus, is a sandwich

:vince:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

And thus, is a sandwich

But is a law-abiding, government respecting sandwich.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yawgmoth posted:

And thus, is a sandwich

Haa.

I just meant there was better things that thirty bucks could have went to.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Randaconda posted:

Haa.

Name seven.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

Name seven.

stripper
stripper
stripper
stripper
stripper
stripper
stripper

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
If that’s a maple flavored cream soda, in theory it could be pretty tasty. Or be really, really bad.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Absolutely loving would with no shame or second thought.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

So the life hack is just "have a skull shaped popover pan"? Solid advice!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Glazier posted:

So the life hack is just "have a skull shaped popover pan"? Solid advice!

If you don't have a pan with skull-shape molds then I don't even know what you're still doing on this earth

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hedenius posted:

The worst I've heard of was when my cousin was an exchange student in a US highschool. He told me they had "deep fried friday" like twice a month when pretty much anything was deep fried. Sounded awesome when I was a teenager but pretty loving horrific thinking back on it.

I remember my mom buying a deep fryer when I was still in highschool probably and my whole family was deep frying everything we could think of the first night... wings, shrimp, oreos, onions, twix, making jalapaneo poppers etc. We all felt like such poo poo after that night that I honestly don't remember us ever using it again. It took like a 3 hour span of playing around with it to where we were like "this is a lot of cleanup and work and also we all feel ill" and I think it was used like a handful of more times before it was relegated to the basement because we obviously had no self control

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Dec 20, 2017

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I recently got a deep fryer and it's taking all of my willpower to not do exactly that

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Randaconda posted:

Haa.

She wasn't mad that I spent money, just that i spent it on, and I quote, "a loving cat emoji on that stupid internet club you're always cackling at".

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

She wasn't mad that I spent money, just that i spent it on, and I quote, "a loving cat emoji on that stupid internet club you're always cackling at".

You should have told her we only have the most highbrow discussion. :colbert:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Randaconda posted:

You should have told her we only have the most highbrow discussion. :colbert:

You're right.

Here is a cream filled waffle on a stick shaped like a dick, and when you squeeze it the cream comes out the top and looks like semen.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You're right.

Here is a cream filled waffle on a stick shaped like a dick, and when you squeeze it the cream comes out the top and looks like semen.

The highest brow discussion. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

You're right.

Why does it have Mayo and Tomato Sauce for dipping?