Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

all question askers are actually civil war ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Travis may not be the funniest of the three but I died at, "We are all made of Stern stuff".

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Its been established that Travis is not a consistent goof machine like Justin or Griffin but he always has the funniest one-liners

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

He's on fire in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUwifWJhW5Q&t=210s

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

merritt kopas is guesting on tomorrow's awful squad...?

https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/942917718935851008

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Tears In A Vial posted:

this way the people at the podcast get to have fun asking their terrible questions and i get to have fun by listening to the good bits of the podcast and turning off before it gets awful.

your way has them having fun and me not having fun

my way has more people having fun, so in reality, which of the two of us is the bummer? (it's you)

[denzel washington voice] my man

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I mean, even the brothers realized how bad audience questions were and had to change the podcast format after 7 years

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

El Padrino posted:

Its been established that Travis is not a consistent goof machine like Justin or Griffin but he always has the funniest one-liners

He's all or nothing. Travis comedy is gambler comedy.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You play yourself in D&D
Invent sad libs
Get the best one-liners
Die in your sleep

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

El Padrino posted:

My favorite Travis one-liner recently was when Griffin was talking about people sending him a bunch of the plastic crawdads that guy ordered when he was drunk.

Griffin: Ruin my box with crawdads!
Travis: That's my favorite line from 50 Shades of Grey.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I got a soundboard! :haw:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Listening to the last non-live show mbmbam and I think Griffin thinks Gordon Ramsey is english?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
e nvm

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

KoB posted:

Listening to the last non-live show mbmbam and I think Griffin thinks Gordon Ramsey is english?

I did too until just now. I had to look it up. His accent doesn't sound stereotypically Scottish, so I honestly never picked it up.

KoB
May 1, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I did too until just now. I had to look it up. His accent doesn't sound stereotypically Scottish, so I honestly never picked it up.

:ramsay:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
There's no reason anyone should be expected to guess that, since he moved to England when he was five or so.

I only know he's Scottish because he was born one town over and they don't shut up about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Travis fired from Brothers for using volunteer work. New brother Drew Davenport to debut next week.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Brotherhood ended with TRAVIS
Now JIMMY BUFFETT is my middlest brother

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://twitter.com/ItsGone_CosArt/status/942529024185782272

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Travis fired from Brothers for using volunteer work. New brother Drew Davenport to debut next week.

Saw profuse apologies from Justin and Travis about this on Twitter but couldn’t get the whole picture, what happened here exactly?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Someone animated something for them, the animation had like 50 shots and for 11 out of those 50 the animators got volunteers to do the shots pro bono, and Travis was in charge?

He really needs to hire an assistant.

Update: he has hired an assistant. Snafus like this should be avoided in the future

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Ok so Travis himself didn’t ask volunteers to do art for free, he just failed to oversee the process?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It was a little unclear from the thread

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

When did all this happen? Is that why Travis kept talking about paying artists in the last episode?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Before I decide how I feel about this: were any of the unpaid artists Paul McCartney?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tears In A Vial posted:

When did all this happen? Is that why Travis kept talking about paying artists in the last episode?

No I think someone did a call out to Justin specifcally because of that rant asking why they didn't pay artists, then Justin said they always do, then the person replied with something kinda douchey like "Why don't you ask your brother Travis about that"

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Jesus man I would think that the brothers have built up enough goodwill by now to get the benefit of the doubt that it was a miscommunication of some sort. Not trying to go all white knight for them but it really doesn’t seem like their style to be shady based on their past actions and attitudes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The Travis-hires-an-assistant thing was an unrelated joke from earlier in the day.

Apparently whoever organized the TAZ trailer (not Travis) may either have not gotten everyone paid who worked on it, or they reached out to ask for volunteers with a phrasing implying it was for exposure but had the intent to pay said people. This is currently being looked into

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/943154925424562177

Separately, the art used for some clips put up on the youtube channel in 2014 were done at Travis' request without pay and when word of the former stuff got out the husband of the artist reached out since it was contrary to Justin's statement about 'always paying people they got work from.' This was confirmed by Travis, and both him and Justin are addressing it.

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/943161021006516224

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/943169583447408641

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 19, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Colonel Whitey posted:

Jesus man I would think that the brothers have built up enough goodwill by now to get the benefit of the doubt that it was a miscommunication of some sort. Not trying to go all white knight for them but it really doesn’t seem like their style to be shady based on their past actions and attitudes.

I mean, going by what was posted it sounds like no one was being lovely? Someone justly said 'heeey good on you being all 'pay artists' but you kinda hosed up on that before' and as soon as Justin said 'aw poo poo we did, we'll fix that' it became 'hey thanks for listening' and Trav is owning up to dropping the ball and trying to make things right.

Not everything is drama, sometimes someone just gets called out on a mistake and goes 'poo poo, yea you're right' and works on it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only thing that seemed lovely was the "Maybe check with Travis" but that's just poor phrasing, it sounds condescending but possibly wasn't meant that way

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No I think someone did a call out to Justin specifcally because of that rant asking why they didn't pay artists, then Justin said they always do, then the person replied with something kinda douchey like "Why don't you ask your brother Travis about that"

Those were two different people talking about two separate subjects, and the second person in fact was talking about someone not getting paid for doing art for them!

I missed it in my summary post but more relevant tweets between the people involved:

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/943172539509084160
https://twitter.com/Guybrush_Baltar/status/943173963269787648
https://twitter.com/AmelieBelcher/status/943211183095668738

Travis, along with whatever pay has happened in private, has also went on to promote the artist's work publicly and signed up personally to her patreon:

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/943220977965719552
https://twitter.com/AmelieBelcher/status/943228399996276736

Hopefully this can help the misunderstanding of the situation that's happening?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, going by what was posted it sounds like no one was being lovely? Someone justly said 'heeey good on you being all 'pay artists' but you kinda hosed up on that before' and as soon as Justin said 'aw poo poo we did, we'll fix that' it became 'hey thanks for listening' and Trav is owning up to dropping the ball and trying to make things right.

Not everything is drama, sometimes someone just gets called out on a mistake and goes 'poo poo, yea you're right' and works on it.

I love this little corner of the internet we have carved out for ourselves. It’s like a tropical island floating on a sea of molten hell garbage.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

That may well be, I didn’t dig deep into the twitter thread and was just taking this post

Al Borland Corp. posted:

for granted. Maybe that post made it sound saltier than it was.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

KoB posted:

If you mean this most recent ep (385, Horses in the Drift) there is a single mention of Ramsey going back to the United Kingdom. Which includes Scotland and other countries (for now).

It was a great ep too.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I mean, honestly, this is why people at a certain level end up just going corporate and do everything arms length through attorneys. All the fun of the final product, none of the headaches and stress of the logistics.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Modern Leper posted:

I mean, honestly, this is why people at a certain level end up just going corporate and do everything arms length through attorneys. All the fun of the final product, none of the headaches and stress of the logistics.

I'm assuming this is why the brothers formed Big Giant Head once they got their TV show. Trolls is also billed as a BGH production, but part of that might be a goof to make it a premiere podcast. I'd assume the licensing for the TAZ novel went through that, too.

Also jesus that Munch Squad

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 20, 2017

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I've been thinking about this for the last few days, so I wanted to bring it up here:

For all it's ups and downs, twentyserpentine feels like the most successful "year theme" in a while. The brothers have improved their lives and Will Be In Trolls 2, the TV show got released, TAZ: Balance ended. Projects of all sorts began and ended and continued. And that's not even beginning to get into the larger scale of things. What have you done to Zag On Em this year?

I improved my life and broke bad habits by finding employment, a learner's permit, and taking better care of myself and my home. Somehow got ahold of an SNES classic despite the odds.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also jesus that Munch Squad
I didn't really care about the product itself, but goddamn what an intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUr18rTDJb4

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Ariong posted:

I love this little corner of the internet we have carved out for ourselves. It’s like a tropical island floating on a sea of molten hell garbage.

And we’re ready to burn it all down if we find a single compostable napkin left laying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mikedawson posted:

I've been thinking about this for the last few days, so I wanted to bring it up here:

For all it's ups and downs, twentyserpentine feels like the most successful "year theme" in a while. The brothers have improved their lives and Will Be In Trolls 2, the TV show got released, TAZ: Balance ended. Projects of all sorts began and ended and continued. And that's not even beginning to get into the larger scale of things. What have you done to Zag On Em this year?

I improved my life and broke bad habits by finding employment, a learner's permit, and taking better care of myself and my home. Somehow got ahold of an SNES classic despite the odds.

2017 has, in many ways, many times, zagged on us all HARD.

I zagged on myself by not doing my usual thing where I see an obstacle in a relationship and go 'yea fair I deserve to be alone' and stuck with my boyfriend despite us now being in a long distance relationship. It's goin good and I'm super eager to see him face to face come springtime, so I'm glad for 20-serpentine which absolutely unironically was in my mind when I decided to not be a little depressed bitch about this poo poo.

The dumb ding-dong podcast is good.