Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I didn't think it really helped at close range. Apparently it does. Maybe that's why I'm so poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
PUBG should take some ideas from Arkane or the Dying Light team for their vaulting system.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

rap music posted:

is hacking somewhat common in this still? had two deaths last night that were highly suspect, one of which was a super long range headshot from an AWM that went through a shipping container

Not as rampant but it still happens. I'd say it was more netcode issues. If you saw it from the other guy's screen you were probably out in the open when he pulled the trigger.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

what are you guys using, hold to ADS or toggle?

Double right click and hold is hold ads and you can still right click to shoulder.

Has been like this forever

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Double right click and hold is hold ads and you can still right click to shoulder.

Has been like this forever

The game done changed, man. Can you not hip fire with the hold ADS?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Penpal posted:

I'm pretty sure new ADS behaviour is something you toggle in the options, so unless you make any changes aiming will work like it always has in operation flashpoint-likes

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Travic posted:

I didn't think it really helped at close range. Apparently it does. Maybe that's why I'm so poo poo.

Does it reduce recoil at all, or just less sway when aiming but not shooting?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Tokubetsu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUrZP_27svs

i figured this kinda stuff *could* be possible but i still wanna believe it was staged lol

This owns.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Penpal posted:

To get hold ads to work you need to change the lmb bind from aim/ads to just ads. You can add another bind to just aim, but it can't be the same button.

But really, when would you want to just aim?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
With the new killfeed I gotta say, dolphin diving works better than you'd think because people think you're a corpse.

https://streamable.com/4jyts

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hackan Slash posted:

I've seen people do it to walk slower and make less noise. Pointless?

Also, immediately after you ask someone has a link with them aiming, which is a funny coincidence.

odiv fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 19, 2017

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
The new ADS option work great. Unbind the hipfire/ADS button and rebind to just ADS, then set ADS to hold in the options menu.

Works instantly and feels just like it does in every other fps.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Hackan Slash posted:

To get hold ads to work you need to change the lmb bind from aim/ads to just ads. You can add another bind to just aim, but it can't be the same button.

I just played third person for the first time in a long while yesterday and aim works great for when you just want to be lazy and leave the 4-8x on your akm. Bound shift + rmb to ADS and it works great for when you actually need the sights for long shots.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Does aiming (not ads, just holding down right click using the default settings) change the bullet spray pattern?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Can you bind RMB to both Aim and Hold Breath, and is that something you’d want to do?

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It's nothing like the Russia map

Random question, has Bluehole actually said where Erangel is supposed to be? I haven't noticed any Cyrillic (this could totally be confirmation bias) but there's definitely Turkish graffiti.

Edit: I guess Turkey does have a few islands in the Black Sea, so maybe both?

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
holy moley i just now realized i could turn off the music

game is way better

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

The Mantis posted:

holy moley i just now realized i could turn off the music

game is way better

There's music?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Party Plane Jones posted:

With the new killfeed I gotta say, dolphin diving works better than you'd think because people think you're a corpse.

https://streamable.com/4jyts

It still says in the middle of the screen if you knocked someone out, though. God drat TPP is bad.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

GreatGreen posted:

Can you bind RMB to both Aim and Hold Breath, and is that something you’d want to do?

Maybe through the ini file possibly, not through the menu. I bound ADS to shift + RMB and if I hold shift it will hold breath. I wouldn't bind RMB to both at once since you only get so much breath and sometimes need to hold corners/angles with ADS without holding your breath.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It still says in the middle of the screen if you knocked someone out, though. God drat TPP is bad.

In the heat of a firefight it'd be easy for everyone to believe that someone else got the kill

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

rap music posted:

is hacking somewhat common in this still? had two deaths last night that were highly suspect, one of which was a super long range headshot from an AWM that went through a shipping container

In third person is a disease but in first its virtually non existant

edit: Who changed my avatar what the heck I'm so spooked

abigserve fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 19, 2017

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Has there been any testing on how many bullets it takes to blow up a vehicle? Does it matter where you are hitting the vehicle to take it's health down and make it go boom?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
IIRC a UAZ will absorb a full 30 shots from an AKM before exploding, 34 rounds from a 5.56 AR. That may no longer be the case, but I'm pretty sure I saw it tested and it seems about right.

e: I am probably wrong about this

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 20, 2017

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Has there been any testing on how many bullets it takes to blow up a vehicle? Does it matter where you are hitting the vehicle to take it's health down and make it go boom?

I found this from June:
code:
I did a few tests on all the vehicles in the game with various weapons.

Here are the findings:

Vehicle	Health
Jeep	~1820
Dacia	~1820
Buggy	~1540
Motorcycle	~1025
Dirtbike	~1025
Boat	~1520

Tires: 93-116 HP

Q/A

What's the fastest way to take out a jeep?

If you hit every shot, the M249 can take out a jeep in 42 bullets which takes just over 3 seconds. For a more common weapon, the S12K can waste a jeep with 10 shots, which would just under 4 seconds if you have an extended quickdraw mag and do a tactical reload.

Wait, the Dacia has same health as a jeep?

Yes.

Is there a health difference between the open top vs enclosed jeep?

No.

Does shooting a vehicle in an engine do more damage?

No.

Are there any weak spots on vehicles?

No, other than tires.

Did you try shooting its...

Yes. I even flipped a few over to shoot their underside. Other than tires, there are no weak spots.

Do vehicles take damage from being smoking or on fire?

No.

Do vehicles take more damage from weapons when they're smoking or on fire?

No.

Does doing damage to the tires also do damage to the vehicle?

Yes, both the tire and the vehicle take damage at the same time when you shoot the tires.

Can you shoot out the tires of a...?

You can shoot out the tires of all 4 wheel vehicles. As far as I have tested, you cannot shoot out the tires of any other vehicle.

Do you do damage to the vehicle if you accidentally shoot it from a backseat?

Yes. Avoid doing this.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Travic posted:

I've been watching dearsomeone's highlights and aside from noting the number of terrible streamer gimmicks it seems that a lot of people are holding their breath for shots. Even for close in fighting. I thought it was just for super long range sniping.

This is how most of my games go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evMIiN-7Pe0&t=328s

yeah this is about right

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Pussy Quipped posted:

I found this from June:
code:
For a more common weapon, the S12K can waste a jeep with 10 shots, which would just under 4 seconds if you have an extended quickdraw mag and do a tactical reload.
Is a tactical reload one where you reload before the magazine is empty? Does that change the speed of the reload? I'm not familiar with this concept.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Ashrik posted:

Is a tactical reload one where you reload before the magazine is empty? Does that change the speed of the reload? I'm not familiar with this concept.

Correct, most weapons need extra time to chamber the first round, like drawing the slide on a pistol or the first pump of the shotgun. Tactical reloads don't have that extra timer.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Players, we will be leaving Early Access and launching PC 1.0 on Dec 20 11PM PST. The maintenance on live servers for 1.0 will start Dec 20 6PM PST / Dec 21 3AM CET and last for 5 hours. 1.0 release patch notes and our plans beyond the release will be shared with you soon.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
The test server also has a 9.5 GB patch that is being pushed.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Are you guys saying I should be holding shift when firing? I suck rear end at this game and maybe this could make me marginally better.
Also advice on sensitivity, are you guys using low sense on all types of them? What is an acceptable sensitivity, I still use 50 for general but I lowered the targeting one to 40 or something.

Le0 fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 20, 2017

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Dyz posted:

PUBG should take some ideas from Arkane or the Dying Light team for their vaulting system.

Empty quote for truth

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Le0 posted:

Are you guys saying I should be holding shift when firing? I suck rear end at this game and maybe this could make me marginally better.
Also advice on sensitivity, are you guys using low sense on all types of them? What is an acceptable sensitivity, I still use 50 for general but I lowered the targeting one to 40 or something.

Holding your breath (shift) might help somewhat at longer distance targets, but I'm not so sure just how much of an impact it will make at close range engagements.

It's hard to compare overall sensitivity just from the in-game setting alone. The other main factor is what your mouse DPI is set to. The better and more universal way to quantify sensitivity is cm/360, or how many centimeters you have to move your mouse horizontally before you've turned around 360 degrees. In the case for PUBG, that mainly applies to just the main view without the "aim" or "aim down sights" buttons being used.

I used to play at 5 cm/360, but I'm now at 35 cm/360 instead. I ended up getting a very wide mouse pad and I use my arm a whole lot instead of just my wrist alone.

Varkas fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Dec 20, 2017

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I will check about my sensitivity, I know my DPI is 400. So basically you set all of your sense to the same value? For general, targeting, scope 4x etc...?
Also test build 1.0 patch notes up : http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/3066253941346037760

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Le0 posted:

I will check about my sensitivity, I know my DPI is 400. So basically you set all of your sense to the same value? For general, targeting, scope 4x etc...?
Also test build 1.0 patch notes up : http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/3066253941346037760

I keep my look-around sens higher than all my aiming sensitivities, currently at a ratio of around 3:2.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Anyone tried playing the PC version with an Xbox controller? I couch game on my PC and apparently 1.0 added support but I'd like to hear from goons who have tried it. Does it have aim assist?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Why would you want to play against people who have actual aiming when you're on a controller?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Anyone tried playing the PC version with an Xbox controller? I couch game on my PC and apparently 1.0 added support but I'd like to hear from goons who have tried it. Does it have aim assist?

kill youre self

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
That's some old school trolling right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I haven't tried it but I'm pretty dogshit at this game, so that should be about the same.

• Locked thread