Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

dont even fink about it posted:

Zelda III is by far the best Zelda game and Nintendo has never come close to topping the SNES. In fact in many ways they've been getting worse and worse.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

There hasn't been a good jrpg since FF12

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

rocksmith 2014 should stop making me play the trooper in nonstop play because it makes me feel bad about myself when i fail that hard

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

JRPGs are bad and dumb.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
League of Legends is a video game for people who are bad at video games. I lol when I think about how many dummies are out there that spent large sums of money for a serious gaming computer and spend all of their time playing a (mostly) 2D game that only needs four buttons and a mouse to play.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
David Lynch should make a video game.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Irregardless posted:

League of Legends is a video game for people who are bad at video games. I lol when I think about how many dummies are out there that spent large sums of money for a serious gaming computer and spend all of their time playing a (mostly) 2D game that only needs four buttons and a mouse to play.

i feel like lol and dota2 have really poisoned the well on anything called a "multiplayer online arena" now and that's a shame because what i picture in my head when i hear those words is way cooler than loving LoL

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Irregardless posted:

I brought all my friend who love LoL to heroes of the Storm, they all agree it's better because it's more laid back and their are interesting maps.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

the single player campaigns in the modern warfare trilogy were a better overall gaming experience than multiplayer. battlefield 3 as well

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Final Fantasy VII is the only good Final Fantasy game

Ocarina of Time is the only good Zelda game and is the best JRPG of all time

Skyrim is best played vanilla with no mods

98% of the best games ever made were produced before 1997

I really hate ppl using JRPG to stand for an action RPG made in Japan

Lets all be serious for a moment: JRPG means Dragon Quest style game. An RPG where you pick commands off of a command list instead of being real time pause, an action rpg, turn based strategy, or what have you

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

fridge corn posted:

There hasn't been a good jrpg since FF12

Persona 4 and 5, SMT Strange Journey and 4, Maybe Nocturne? I dont know if that was before or after FF12.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oscar Wild posted:

What interesting ideas. I would posit that 98% of the best games ever made were produced since the mid 2000s, and the last few years have been watershed years in gaming and gaming acceptance into culture.

Games got bad in 2006 after GTA and Gears blew up and everyone in the US wouldnt stop making open world garbage games or over the shoulder cover shooters. This was the same time period where Japan was in a complete rut and made, like, nothing at all.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Meme Emulator posted:

Persona 4 and 5, SMT Strange Journey and 4, Maybe Nocturne? I dont know if that was before or after FF12.

new no-no. persona 5 was fun but I couldn't finish it since the game dragged on and the plot was retarded. not as bad a persona 4 where the characters only solved the mystery due to the villains being dumb though.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Meme Emulator posted:

Games got bad in 2006 after GTA and Gears blew up and everyone in the US wouldnt stop making open world garbage games or over the shoulder cover shooters. This was the same time period where Japan was in a complete rut and made, like, nothing at all.

red faction guerilla was good

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ChazTurbo posted:

new no-no. persona 5 was fun but I couldn't finish it since the game dragged on and the plot was retarded. not as bad a persona 4 where the characters only solved the mystery due to the villains being dumb though.

I summoned Gnostic Satan and shot a Bootleg God in the face.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

a bone to pick posted:

Theres a lot of good games from that period but saying 98% of good games were made after mid 2000 is insane!!!! The "good" period of video gaming only started up again a few years ago!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

rocksmith 2014 should stop making me play the trooper in nonstop play because it makes me feel bad about myself when i fail that hard

i can play along to tons of songs on that game that i've never heard before, but as soon as i stop playing i forget every single riff and note and chord, its pretty funny

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

new phone who dis posted:

I'm sorry but Jedi Academy with the cheat that lets you cut people to pieces still exists.

Jedi Knight/academy was sent from the future to apologize for Force Unleashed

a bone to pick posted:

I brought all my friend who love LoL to heroes of the Storm, they all agree it's better because it's more laid back and their are interesting maps.

The best thing about HOTS is that you don't have to memorize like a dozen item recipes for each character

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Meme Emulator posted:

Theres a lot of good games from that period but saying 98% of good games were made after mid 2000 is insane!!!! The "good" period of video gaming only started up again a few years ago!

Yeah. A few years was after the mid 2000s. Way to read.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Heroes 7 was a good game.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

'Horizon Zero Dawn' is a really dumb name for a game.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Prav posted:

All the Heroes games are fine but 5 with all the expansions is my favorite.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

the single player campaigns in the modern warfare trilogy were a better overall gaming experience than multiplayer. battlefield 3 as well

I agree. They were dumb obviously but it was better than the horrifically toxic online multiplayer.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

they were dumb but they were dumb like good action movies are dumb. and the first time i played No Russian might never be unthroned as the most shocking and gut-wrenching gaming experience of my life

e: thats edging into popular opinions though. the point is that single player mw2>multiplayer mw2

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 20, 2017

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

OMGVBFLOL posted:

If all you do is play against random pubbies all day you're correct

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Prav posted:

Heroes 5 was a good game.

Did heroes 7 do away with the thing with 6 that all basically all units could move across the map in one move?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

'Horizon Zero Dawn' is a really dumb name for a game.

I think even most people who like it would admit that.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Heroes 5 was a good game.

Did heroes 7 do away with the thing with 6 that all basically all units could move across the map in one move?

Heroes III supremacy, haters vacate

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Excelzior posted:

Heroes III supremacy, haters vacate

It's for sure a classic but it's just too clunky now. Too many QOL upgrades in the newer ones.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

a bone to pick posted:

the destruction challenges were cool, i wish they had more of that stuff in the main game (which was pretty bland)

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

fruit on the bottom posted:

David Lynch should make a video game.

hell yes brother

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Maya Fey posted:

the destruction challenges were cool, i wish they had more of that stuff in the main game (which was pretty bland)

I loved the free-roam activities like getting hostages out of buildings, the EDF comes and starts blowing chunks out of the building and it becomes a hectic gunfight with structures blowing up around me.

I didn't like how the second one had you fighting against dumbass aliens.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Meme Emulator posted:

None of those games are good

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Remember when Microsoft bundled the Kinect with the Xbox One and basically destroyed any sort of market lead they had made with the 360. That was kinda funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgJqliVWSSg

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 20, 2017

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

I really hate ppl using JRPG to stand for an action RPG made in Japan

Lets all be serious for a moment: JRPG means Dragon Quest style game. An RPG where you pick commands off of a command list instead of being real time pause, an action rpg, turn based strategy, or what have you

RPGs made in Japan are JRPGs

Zelda is a JRPG

Metal Gear Solid is a JRPG

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

jrpg is less like a game genre and more like a feeling in your heart

you know it when you're playing one

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

RPGs made in Japan are JRPGs

Zelda is a JRPG

Metal Gear Solid is a JRPG

wrong! JRPG is a style of game, not just every game from japan. for example Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is a jrpg, despite being developed in america

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

wrong! JRPG is a style of game, not just every game from japan. for example Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is a jrpg, despite being developed in america

mystic quest was developed in japan

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

exploded mummy posted:

mystic quest was developed in japan

:eyepop:
my entire world conception is breaking down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011