Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Filthy backers, let them stare into the bog that holds their reflection and dreams forever, let the water rise above their heads as they lose themselves to the vision, let their opinions rise like so many, 'glub-glub-glubs' to the surface, rendered mute and vacuous by their willingness to be immersed in their product.

My heart is hardened. The stage is set. The banners fly and those who seek reprieve from the coming consequences have tarried too long to escape judgement. Lesnik was the last. Crytek has sounded a shrill blast of war, and all those who attend it ride to end it all. The irregulars at Chris Robert's disposal speak softly of letting their wallets speak for them, for good and ill. And with it? I see a warlord who declares all these events are set in motion via his prophecy of, 'Beware the Crytek at launch."

Some believe it was called before the rising of capital. Some believe the final call has yet to be announced. I know this for certain. Until the end, just as in the beginning, I shall just post, and until that end, just as there was in that beginning so many years ago, there is parp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm with you.

The three things that get the most under my skin, in no particular order:

- The constant use of matte paintings and concept art everywhere Star Citizen is discussed, which have no bearing on the game, or the plans for the game. They look like those 60s/70s sci-fi paperback covers with the art having no relation to the plot.

- The use of out-of-context concept demo "gameplay" that does not exist in SC proper used in the background of the videos, as you stated.

- The regurgitation by the media and others of every claim CIG makes as a matter of fact - i.e. CIG says "We'll have mining and base building." and PC Gamer repeats "Star Citizen will have mining and base-building." rather than the more correct "CIG plans to include mining and base-building."

These items frustrate me too. And it gets real bad too.

Like they talk about “planetary landing is in!” and accompany it with a screenshot of a ship landed at a real earth location, photoshopped together. It’s like they could just use their own in game footage, but they very explicitly decide not to.

And when they talk about characters, I’ve seen that black guy (who is also bald), around a lot lately, but as far as I’m aware nobody can actually be that black guy.

Everything about CIG is the “implied success” and then they just keep rolling with it, or forget the narrative and pretend it’s already old news.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

SomethingJones posted:

That was my very favourite Charlie Brown, although I still have a soft spot for "gently caress Are You Doing Charlie Brown!" and "Sorry I Ran Over Your Dog Charlie Brown!"

Sorry I *puts car into 1st gear* Ran Over Your *gearbox sounds* Dog Charlie Brown! *pulls out of the driveway with a trail and a tail*

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

TheAgent posted:

Thursday at noon, PST

Damnation. I will surely miss it.

Post in my absence. I will witness you all.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I'm incredibly embarrassed to admit it but $12,800.00... I had a gambling issue before and I guess CIG became my new addiction. It was money I didn't have, I was stupid and I've learned my lesson since then (including having therapy).

:vince:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Winner winner, jpeg dinner

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm taking well to X3 but bot is it grindy. I've been trading energy cells and ore all day and the returns are low

I gotta do all this myself??

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Phi230 posted:

I'm taking well to X3 but bot is it grindy. I've been trading energy cells and ore all day and the returns are low

I gotta do all this myself??

You can get pilots for trade ships that will do automated trading runs.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Combat Theory posted:

should not have read the comments

It’s always fun. The worst part though is the horrible things that people say in comments though.

I have no problems with jiggle physics and tits wobbling all over the place. There’s technology like bras, but I know most game worlds can’t employ those.

I also don’t mind the people who make a funny video about it. Especially if it’s funny and not just turning women into pieces of meat, there’s a fine line there sometimes but it’s also easy not to cross.

But it’s never the original video or picture that brings out the worst people. It’s the comments. The wars between “omg don’t objectify women” and the “women are scummy toys” and the ultimate “i can’t get a date with a woman so I hate all women” types. There’s others too.

It’s easy to join the “omg don’t objectify women” crowd too because very quickly things tend to go south and sour and it turns ugly fast. The comments sections really show the true natures of people. The people who argue against women just makes me sigh, and I feel like if things didn’t go so ugly there’s women who’d be totally fine laughing at something stupid to a woman just as much as guys laugh at something stupid about a guy, like a kick in the nuts. It’s all fair game if it just doesn’t get ugly. Keep it fun.

Probably not possible on reddit but oh well. That’s the brakes and that’s also why not a lot of women get involved with these poo poo communities. It’s easy to be overwhelmed with people being mean, if not directly then indirectly.

Carry on! :stonkhat:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/914266339266711552
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/916995550431588352
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/923660168860192769
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/928477649269350400

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

TheAgent posted:

Thursday at noon, PST

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20171221T12&p0=137&msg=Slam+citizen&font=hand

VealCutlet fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 20, 2017

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I am not joking this was literally my exact response to this post

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I will man my station until the very end when this thread slowly submerges into irrelevancy. I'll be attending the telegraph system, tapping out, "J-U-S-T P-O-S-T" to all goons before I am finally probated forever as the thread is locked

Hopefully ewe will continue to play

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

It's wrong anyway - https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20171221T12&p0=137&msg=Slam+citizen&font=hand

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lol.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20171221T12&p0=137&msg=Get+a+Refund&font=cursive

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

big nipples big life posted:

You can get pilots for trade ships that will do automated trading runs.

How, where?

Ships are so expensive! I want a TS+ but it'll take a while

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Should be able to shitpost with you fine folks then. He's a preview

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

How, where?

Is this vanilla X3 (Reunion) or one of the add-ons?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mokinokaro posted:

Is this vanilla X3 (Reunion) or one of the add-ons?

Albion Prelude! I've made almost 400k from the ore trade, and that's cash on hand after upgrading my Mercury with cargo space and speed and trading software MK2.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Phi230 posted:

How, where?

I've honestly forgotten how to do it it's been so long. Search X3 Universe Trader and you'll find all the info.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hey SomethingJones, check this out regarding your earlier question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-GhVgIYCmU

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Fuckin' picked a great time to get behind on the thread. Still about 100 pages back, but I did get to this:

lol

lol forever

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Rubbing commenced

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

The Titanic posted:

It’s easy to join the “omg don’t objectify women” crowd too because very quickly things tend to go south and sour and it turns ugly fast. The comments sections really show the true natures of people. The people who argue against women just makes me sigh, and I feel like if things didn’t go so ugly there’s women who’d be totally fine laughing at something stupid to a woman just as much as guys laugh at something stupid about a guy, like a kick in the nuts. It’s all fair game if it just doesn’t get ugly. Keep it fun.

P much confirmed how I've always seen it happen with every woman I've come across in my life TBH (and no, it's not just my mom), both when I bring up such a topic or someone else does. Most actually can take these sorts of jokes at their expense no better or worse than guys can take jokes at the expense of their masculinity or whatever. All in good fun, so long as you don't push it and devolve into some kind of rant on poo poo you likely know nothing about. But videogame nerds tending to be predominantly male with abysmal social skills really doesn't help the odds of any topic like this being maintained in good humor, and sadly neither do the kind of persons willing to get into a pointless internet argument with them.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

no_recall posted:

One last one before the year ends.

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

All guesses / prizes / donations will be taken in before Thursday.

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!

I'm in on this -
$36,067,772 [2016 funding]
- $33,153,081 [YTD]
- ($37,229 * 4) [Post lawsuit daily average, discounting today's completion pack, times remaining non-sale days]
+ $80,042 [dollars better than last year]
----------------------------------
Precisely $2,645,733

I admit my math could be slightly off, since I have no idea how long they will run their sale.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/straatman32/status/941660944811352064
https://twitter.com/MEDICxCrawford/status/942972223391977473

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A totally rational thing to do in regards to a video game

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
I'm sure it's been stated to death in the last hundred pages, but drat. Reading that docket, it really is hard to emphasise just how screwed they are if all that rings true. And how Goddamn stupid they were to let it get to this point. Even the bare minimum of a good faith effort towards keeping CryTek in the loop would've at least staved it off boiling over into lawsuit territory for another year or so. Straight up breach of contract is no small matter.

But, it really does fit their MO. They've ignored every license agreement they've agreed to in the past, this one just finally came back to bite them.

Hell, breach of contract is what got Croberts kicked out of Hollywood in the first place, wasn't it?

Zakutambah fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 20, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/943195459761385473

I always forget how dumb some of these people are, it's amazing.

You realize that if pixelemonade was to report on something like this that’s false, it may throw many people into the deep end of the pool without a life jacket.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

no_recall posted:

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!
$7.6 million

dumping money down the toilet to own the libs goons/crytek/derek

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Rodney Dangerfield lookin good

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
And motherfuckin' Skadden taking the case. They must know they already have CIG by the Hairy Roberts.

This is a good day.

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013
Finally got the refund! It only took two months to get back $35! And I got it just a week before CryTek sued CIG!

I mostly lurk but because of the whole CryTek thing I couldn't resist posting. I've been reading these threads for years now and even if it is "only" $35 I just had to do it out of principle. The important thing to me wasn't to get the money back to me it to not give them anything. Friend of mine is a cultist to this game, and he already converted two of my other friends into this scam. You know what he said when he heard about CryTek? "they will lose faith from everyone for this" "didn't they have problems paying their staff?" "desperate". As a friend I tried to make him 'see the light' for years but I guess it doesn't matter now anymore when he won't be able to refund anyway, who cares its only a couple of hundreds each on a bunch of jpegs...

Also just wanna give a thanks for all the laughs some of the stuff over the years was hilarious (gamescom presentation this year was THE BEST LOL) but I just never wanted to shitpost except for this one time. <3

see you in the verse commandos o7

dogshitboy
Dec 8, 2017

no_recall posted:

Buy a Starship!

edit:
4.1 milli
they gonna show some sq42 bullshit and ppl will throw money at them

dogshitboy fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 20, 2017

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

no_recall posted:

Buy a Starship!

$1,481,287.63 worth of donuts for sir lesnick from Crobblers ex-wife.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i feel really bad for all the old grampas who got suckered in to giving their money to this scam.

the hardcore backers i don't feel sorry for, we've been trying for 5 years to show them the dang proof and they ignore it.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I didn't think much of Crytek but because of this lawsuit I now respect them. Take that cultists!

Makes as much sense as sueing an uber eats driver cos the food they literally had no part in making was poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phi230 posted:

Albion Prelude! I've made almost 400k from the ore trade, and that's cash on hand after upgrading my Mercury with cargo space and speed and trading software MK2.

What the gently caress it sounds like you're playing an actual space game and not some broken alpha patch bullshit

(I play X3:AP with the Star Wars Mod)